Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Corona Virus in America

Pitcher

On 3/6/2020 at 5:47 PM, Pitcher said:

NYC subway rider sprays Asian man with Febreze and tells him to 'move' in a 'coronovirus hate crime' as mounting cases that have put 2,700 in quarantine leave city on edge

• Incident occurred on Wednesday morning on N train in Sunset Park, Brooklyn
  • Black man confronted Asian straphanger and sprays him with Febreze
  • NYPD is investigating the incident as a possible hate crime
  • Other Asians have been assaulted or harassed over coronavirus fears 

Police are investigating a possible hate crime after an alarming video surfaced showing a subway rider yelling at an Asian man and spraying him with Febreze.

The incident occurred on an N train in Sunset Park, Brooklyn on Wednesday morning, according to the New York Post, and video of it was first posted to Facebook by another person on the train.

'Tell him to move,' the aggressor shouts at the Asian man. A woman off camera replies asking why the man should move. 

'Because he's standing right f***ing next to me! … Tell him to move. Tell him to move,' the man shouts.

Read the full article below

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8081623/NYC-subway-rider-sprays-Asian-man-Febreze-yells-move.html

Same over here unfortunately....Some Chinese folks being assaulted verbally and physically...People do not miss a chance ever....to show their ignorance......

US Still Has the Lowest Per-Capital Coronavirus Rate of the 10 Countries With Most Cases Reported

(CNSNews.com) – Of the ten countries that have reported more than 100 confirmed cases of the Wuhan coronavirus each, the United States as of Thursday continues to have the smallest number – by a significant margin – in proportion to its national population.

The ten countries that are reporting more than 100 confirmed cases of the virus that causes COVID-19 are:  China (80,523 cases), South Korea (5,766), Italy (3,089), Iran (2,922), Japan (317), France (282), Germany (262), Spain (198), the United States (129), and Singapore (110).

These are the figures reported by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of Thursday, and are only those confirmed by health authorities.

(Graph: CNSNews.com / Data: WHO, CIA World Fact Book)
(Graph: CNSNews.com / Data: WHO, CIA World Fact Book)

Many others may be carrying the coronavirus without their knowledge, because they have no respiratory symptoms or minimal respiratory symptoms, and/or have not been tested. Data from China found that in about 80 percent of the cases there, symptoms were mild.

But when taking into account the WHO-provided numbers of confirmed cases, the per capita infection rate in the United States is 0.0000388 percent. (The CIA World Fact book estimates the U.S. population at 332,639,102.)

That is almost eight times smaller than the next highest per capita infection rate – Japan’s 0.0002526 percent.

At the other end of the scale is South Korea, whose 5,766 confirmed cases account for 0.0111237 percent of its population of 51.8 million people.

Next comes China – where the outbreak was first detected in the city of Wuhan late last year – with a 0.0057763 percentage rate, followed by Italy at 0.0049501 percent and Iran at 0.0034408 percent.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

US Still Has the Lowest Per-Capital Coronavirus Rate of the 10 Countries With Most Cases Reported

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

Many others may be carrying the coronavirus without their knowledge, because they have no respiratory symptoms or minimal respiratory symptoms, and/or have not been tested. Data from China found that in about 80 percent of the cases there, symptoms were mild.

But when taking into account the WHO-provided numbers of confirmed cases, the per capita infection rate in the United States is 0.0000388 percent. (The CIA World Fact book estimates the U.S. population at 332,639,102.)

That is almost eight times smaller than the next highest per capita infection rate – Japan’s 0.0002526 percent.

At the other end of the scale is South Korea, whose 5,766 confirmed cases account for 0.0111237 percent of its population of 51.8 million people.

Next comes China – where the outbreak was first detected in the city of Wuhan late last year – with a 0.0057763 percentage rate, followed by Italy at 0.0049501 percent and Iran at 0.0034408 percent.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Big Whoop.

Thank You, Pitcher (You The MAN!!!), for bringing FACTS AND DATA NOT HYPE.

4 hours ago, umbertino said:

Same over here unfortunately....Some Chinese folks being assaulted verbally and physically...People do not miss a chance ever....to show their ignorance......

Anyway it's strange ( at least to me.... I ain't no doc, nor scientist) that in the 1st or 2nd biggest Chinese community in Italy which is Prato near Florence with thousands of Chinese...The only affected one is an Italian citizen....Boh.....

Edited by umbertino

Ted Cruz announces he will self-quarantine after shaking hands with coronavirus victim

Ted Cruz announces he will self-quarantine after shaking hands with someone at CPAC who tested positive for coronavirus - but he only found out TEN days later

• Ted Cruz said he 'briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19'
  • 'The interaction consisted of a brief conversation and a handshake', Cruz said 
  • Maryland officials warned Saturday that a person who attended the recent Conservative Political Action Conference had tested positive for the virus 
  • Trump was at the event and shook hands with a person who had interacted with the infected person, however he has said he's not concerned about any risk 
  • Cruz learned the news Saturday night and will stay at home in Texas for 14 days 

Ted Cruz has announced he will self-quarantine after he shook hands with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus at the Conservative Political Action Conference 10 days ago.

The Republican politician shared the news on Twitter Sunday, telling followers he learned the news on Saturday.

'Last night, I was informed that 10 days ago at CPAC I briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19,' Cruz said in a statement. 'That interaction consisted of a brief conversation and a handshake.'

President Trump was at the same event and shook hands with at least one person who had interacted with the infected person, however he has said he's not concerned about any risk.

As of Sunday evening 537 people in the US had tested positive for COVID-19 and 21 people had died. Globally 109,835 people tested positive for coronavirus and and 3,803 people had died. 

25712120-8089875-image-a-14_158371278703

Ted Cruz said Sunday he 'briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19'

He was told the news Saturday night and will stay at home in Texas for 14 days

He was told the news Saturday night and will stay at home in Texas for 14 days

Trump was at the event and shook hands with a person who had interacted with the infected person, however he has said he's not concerned about any risk

Trump was at the event and shook hands with a person who had interacted with the infected person, however he has said he's not concerned about any risk

Texas Representative Cruz continued in a statement that he's cutting himself off from further public interaction despite medics believing he's not a risk.

'I have consulted with medical authorities from the Houston Health Department, the Harris County Public Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as my personal physician,' he tweeted. 'I have also spoken with Vice President Pence, Leader McConnell, and Mark Meadows. 

'I'm not experiencing any symptoms, and I feel fine and healthy. Given that the interaction was 10 days ago, that the average incubation period is 5-6 days, that the interaction was for less than a minute, and that I have no current symptoms, the medical authorities have advised me that the odds of transmission from the other individual to me were extremely low.

'The physicians further advised that testing is not effective before symptoms manifest, and my brief interaction with the individual does not meet the CDC criteria for self-quarantine.'

Cruz reassured those who have come into contact with him recently that they should not be worried.

However he has opted to stay at home for two weeks as an extra measure. 

'The medical authorities explicitly advised me that, given the above criteria, the people who have interacted with me in the 10 days since CPAC should not be concerned about potential transmission,' Cruz continued.

'Nevertheless, out of an abundance of caution, and because of how frequently I interact with my constituents as a part of my job and to give everyone peace of mind, I have decided to remain at my home in Texas this week, until a full 14 days have passed since the CPAC interaction.'

Cruz finished in the statement: 'Everyone should continue to treat this outbreak seriously and be driven by facts and medical science. 

'We need to continue to be proactive in mobilizing resources to combat this outbreak-including the $8.3 billion in emergency funding we provided last week-and I encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of the CDC and other health professionals in protecting their own health and welfare, as well as the health and welfare of those around them.'

Chairman of the American Conservative Union Matt Schlapp said he had interacted with the infected individual before shaking hands with Trump (pictured)

Cruz (right) said he has 'spoken with Vice President Pence, Leader Mitch McConnell (pictured center), and Mark Meadows'

Cruz (right) said he has 'spoken with Vice President Pence, Leader Mitch McConnell (pictured center), and Mark Meadows'

Cruz said 'out of an abundance of caution, and because of how frequently I interact with my constituents as a part of my job and to give everyone peace of mind, I have decided to remain at my home'. He is pictured in Victoria, Texas, on November 3, 2018

Cruz said 'out of an abundance of caution, and because of how frequently I interact with my constituents as a part of my job and to give everyone peace of mind, I have decided to remain at my home'. He is pictured in Victoria, Texas, on November 3, 2018

Maryland officials warned Saturday that a person who attended the recent Conservative Political Action Conference in the suburb of Oxon Hill had tested positive for the virus.

Both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence spoke at the conference. The White House said Saturday there was no indication that either had met or were in 'close proximity' to the infected attendee.

But chairman of the American Conservative Union Matt Schlapp said he had interacted with the infected individual before shaking hands with Trump.

When asked whether his campaign rallies would would continue in light of the CPAC case, the president replied, 'We´ll have tremendous rallies.' Trump held his most recent campaign rally last Monday in Charlotte, North Carolina. He waved off other questions to join a dinner for the president of Brazil, who was visiting Trump at the president's home in south Florida.

A Marine at Fort Belvoir was the first military case of coronavirus reported inside the U.S., said a Pentagon official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the case.

The Marine was being treated at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, located south of Washington, and had recently returned from an overseas assignment, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said on Twitter.

Dr. Benjamin Schwartz, director of epidemiology and population health for the Fairfax County health department, said the Fairfax man developed systems of respiratory illness on Feb. 28 and was hospitalized on March 5. He remains hospitalized but is in stable condition and not in an intensive care unit, Schwartz said.

'Fortunately, the individual had limited contact with others while ill, and therefore the risk to the general Fairfax community remains low,' said the county's health director, Dr. Gloria Addo-Ayensa.

Virginia state epidemiologist Dr. Lilian Peake said testing for the Fort Belvoir case was done at Walter Reed medical center, and testing for the Fairfax resident was done at a state lab in Richmond.

'The two cases are not related,' Peake said. 'At this point, there are no signs of the virus spreading in the community in Virginia.'

Trump said he wasn't concerned 'at all' about the coronavirus getting closer to the White House after the first Washington case was confirmed and officials said an attendee of a recent political conference in the capital where Trump himself had spoken also tested positive for the virus.

'No, I'm not concerned at all. No, I'm not. We've done a great job,' Trump said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/breaking_news/article-8089875/Ted-Cruz-announces-self-quarantine-shaking-hands-coronavirus-victim.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 5:44 PM, Pitcher said:

(CNSNews.com) – Of the ten countries that have reported more than 100 confirmed cases of the Wuhan coronavirus each, the United States as of Thursday continues to have the smallest number – by a significant margin – in proportion to its national population.

The ten countries that are reporting more than 100 confirmed cases of the virus that causes COVID-19 are:  China (80,523 cases), South Korea (5,766), Italy (3,089), Iran (2,922), Japan (317), France (282), Germany (262), Spain (198), the United States (129), and Singapore (110).

These are the figures reported by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of Thursday, and are only those confirmed by health authorities.

(Graph: CNSNews.com / Data: WHO, CIA World Fact Book)
(Graph: CNSNews.com / Data: WHO, CIA World Fact Book)

We'll have a more accurate idea of the number of infected U.S. citizens when enough testing kits are finally produced and distributed to the healthcare industry.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

BREAKING: Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus after they had 'chills' while he filmed for Baz Luhrmann's unnamed Elvis Presley film in Australia

• Actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, they revealed Wednesday evening
  • The couple is currently in Australia where Tom is filming an Elvis Presley film
  • They felt symptoms of tiredness, a common cold, chills and body aches 
  • 'To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive,' Hanks shared
  • Hanks was cast in the film alongside actors Rufus Sewell, Austin Butler, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Olivia DeJonge
  • Warner Bros said they're working with 'Australian health agencies to identify and contact anyone who may have come in direct contact with the individual'

Actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, they revealed Wednesday evening. 

The Forrest Gump actor and his wife, both 63, announced the positive test results on Instagram urging the public to 'take care'. 

The couple is currently in Australia where the Oscar-winner is filming for an untitled Baz Luhrmann-directed Elvis Presley film produced by Warner Bros.

Hanks revealed he and his wife experienced symptoms including the common cold, body aches and chills before they decided to get tested. 

'Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.'

Full article link below

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8102785/Tom-Hanks-wife-Rita-Wilson-test-positive-coronavirus.html

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

My Son got back from Paris last night.  He said he feels great but will self quarantine himself for at least 14 days.  He said people were starting to get spooked over there now.  

Good to hear about your son. :bravo:       :twothumbs: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I guess all the Trump supporters will have to start taking this seriously now that someone told Trump to suck it up and tell America the truth... Last night he stopped his stupid and uninformed comments about this being no big deal, or that the 15 cases would go to 0, or that it would magically go away. It's obvious the medical experts have made him understand this is a big deal and it isn't simply going to disappear. Finally he has listened to the scientist and hopefully his worshipers will as well.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

19 hours ago, Pitcher said:

My Son got back from Paris last night.  He said he feels great but will self quarantine himself for at least 14 days.  He said people were starting to get spooked over there now.  

Glad to hear he got back, Pitcher....Macron is preparing to close all schools and universities over there....Also about to take some other measures the Italian way....

Wish the French ( and all other Folks) luck

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

Chinese officials push conspiracy theory coronavirus originated abroad

Theory is gaining traction online in China that Covid-19 came from the US

Lily Kuo

Thu 12 Mar 2020 12.48 GMT Last modified on Thu 12 Mar 2020 16.40 GMT

Trump has 'no plans' for coronavirus test despite contact with infected Bolsonaro aide – live

Maanvi Singh (now) and Joanna Walters and Martin Belam (earlier)

Thu 12 Mar 2020 22.09 GMT

Key events

Live feed

Vid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/mar/12/donald-tump-coronavirus-travel-ban-joe-biden-bernie-sanders-stock-markets-live-updates

Coronavirus: Actor Tom Hanks announces positive test

US actor Tom Hanks has announced a positive test for coronavirus

Published:  March 12, 2020 05:38 AFP

https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/coronavirus-actor-tom-hanks-announces-positive-test-1.1583977213600