Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Priest Warns President May Be 'God's Judgement On America'

3 minutes ago, markb57 said:

his truth, right. his sick twisted truth that his flock take as gospel...

Some did, some didn't....each had a choice and chose accordingly....1 person, 1 vote.  ;)  Keeping in mind, in this case, he wrote a blog, not a church sermon.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

One would think that any Holy Man, in any Church setting, would be smart enough to stay out of Politics.......realizing half the flock would likely be offended........(heck this guy could learn a great deal from @adam montana  )

Additionally the Christian Bible states believers should obey the laws, and pray for the leaders.....perhaps this Priest isn't one of the best of the rest........    CL

CS......Life is Politics and it's very hard to stay out of it......

I wonder (pls forgive me) if many here would  think / state same ( very negatively...one called the man "satanic") on priests / nuns / monks getting  politically involved even if / when they'd happen to lean right-wing ( which may well be...)....Thanks

On 2/26/2020 at 8:29 PM, coorslite21 said:

One would think that any Holy Man, in any Church setting, would be smart enough to stay out of Politics.......realizing half the flock would likely be offended........(heck this guy could learn a great deal from @adam montana  )

Additionally the Christian Bible states believers should obey the laws, and pray for the leaders.....perhaps this Priest isn't one of the best of the rest........    CL

Don't get the comparison w Mr Montana....That's like comparing apples and oranges...If anything a comparison should be done between 2 priests  and still it wouldn't mean anything...JMVHO

On 2/26/2020 at 8:49 PM, bostonangler said:

I hope your preacher isn't telling his flock who to vote for... My church thankfully would find a new preacher, I can tell you that. I don't agree with this priest or any preacher bringing politics into their service. JMHO

B/A

B/A...I beg to differ.....Politics is life and life is Politics....Nowadays more than ever....JMVHO...

So at times religious ( priests, monks, nuns, bishops, even Popes) folks feel the inner obligation to take a side ( any side...In the past , imo, it was almost always the wrong one)......As of late ( decades) usually they choose to stay with the less fortunate and talk about justice and sometimes acting  for justice.......Which makes a lot of sense at least to me....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10714839.2019.1650483?journalCode=rnac20

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:11 PM, markb57 said:

ok, we're talking about Trump. Trump didn't get us into any wars. He has tried to pull us out of wars and the dems go nuts.

and as far as flogging the priest. ok, maybe a bit extreme. I am tired of these churches using the pulpit to influence their flock on who to vote for and that is what this priest is doing. I would love to have words with this priest.

And of course you'd state exactly same if the priest in question happened to be  right-wing and pro right-wing politicians....

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

On 2/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, Shabibilicious said:

I would say confusion on his part is definitely a possibility....except everything he said about Trump has proven time and again to be spot on.  So there must be some other way to denigrate him as a man of the cloth.  As always, just my opinion.   

GO RV, then BV

Epitaph - King Crimson ( Greg Lake-RIP - vocals)

https://open.spotify.com/album/5wec5BciMpDMzlEFpYeHse?highlight=spotify:track:4rEle6gif1VERA41tjOTIq

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Don't get the comparison w Mr Montana....That's like comparing apples and oranges...If anything a comparison should be done between 2 priests  and still it wouldn't mean anything...JMVHO

Allow me to explain......Mr. Montana has his political

leanings.....we all do.....

Unlike this Priest....he is smart enough not to alienate any of his DV flock with his personal need to have people buy into his political leanings....

JMO.     CL

• Thanks 3

So at times religious ( priests, monks, nuns, bishops, even Popes) folks feel the inner obligation to take a side ( any side...In the past , imo, it was almost always the wrong one)......As of late ( decades) usually they choose to stay with the less fortunate and talk about justice and sometimes acting  for justice.......Which makes a lot of sense at least to me....

End Quote

We all remember John Paul I contributed hugely in making eastern Europe communist regimes crumble.... I'm not complaing mind you...just stating fact....

12 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Unlike this Priest....he is smart enough not to alienate any of his DV flock with his personal need to have people buy into his political leanings....

JMO.     CL

Sure ...And he makes no mystery of it....

Infact 97% or more of active ( writing posts) members here lean on the right....That much is clear.....Which is fantastic of course...

People , all people, feel like sharing, talking , writing, essaying on their beliefs....That's normal.....Myself as well and others.....

Edited by umbertino

On somewhat of a shift, and maybe hinting of conspiracy theory, I read where FEMA is supposedly training pastors to convince their flocks during a national emergency to obey the government and submit to surrendering their rights.  I could see it happening.  A fine line - would definitely need discernment.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

On somewhat of a shift, and maybe hinting of conspiracy theory, I read where FEMA is supposedly training pastors to convince their flocks during a national emergency to obey the government and submit to surrendering their rights.  I could see it happening.  A fine line - would definitely need discernment.

Is that the same FEMA that has set up hundreds of detention camps and disappeared thousands of Americans.....leaving no trace of the Americans or the camps?  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

JMO.     CL

Smart business practice.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Remember when President Trump was hit with "impeachment" even  House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she  " prays"  for Trump?  She prays he looses so she can keep her title of  House Speaker?  Guess we will see how hard she prayed, does she get a F  or  A+?  My thought on this would be she would  be "impeached".  I'll pop 6-20 bags of pop corn and watch when AG Durham's report comes out, depends on how many indictments he hands down, right?  I am really really "praying" hard that those found guilty "WILL" be held accountable for all of their  " crimes "!! I'm sure there are a few others on here that would agree.Then I " PRAY " both parties will come together and unite behind " WE THE PEOPLE " and make " AMERICA " better then it has ever been.   GOD BLESS US ALL.  Have a great weekend and all 'PRAY" the virus dies away.  Now this is my opinion.   go rvvvv

:wave:  for now

Moxie64

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Then I " PRAY " both parties will come together and unite behind " WE THE PEOPLE " and make " AMERICA " better then it has ever been.   GOD BLESS US ALL.  Have a great weekend and all 'PRAY" the virus dies away. 

End Quote

I, as an alien, humbly agree with all that you stated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1