Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunday Noontime Guru Opinions - 2/23/2020

2-23-2020   Newshound/Intel Guru David M. Witty  Iraqi source says political blocs are placing stipulations on new PM designee Mohammed Allawi for formation of government: 1) foreign forces must leave, 2) US access restricted, 3) ministry positions for political blocs, 4) displaced persons returned.  Iraqi Parliament to vote on giving confidence to PM nominee Mohammed Allawi on Wednesday.

2-23-2020   Newshound Guru chattels  Article:  "Parliament’s session to give confidence to Allawi’s government will be held next Wednesday"    Monday's emergency session for the presentation of Allawi's government is not [now?] rumored to be Wednesday. ...I'm not exactly sure what he's saying - from the article, it appears that it's no longer Monday as originally planned, but now Wednesday...! Ron

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

ADDED at 2:50 PM CST:

2-23-2020   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   ...You cannot arbitrarily raise the value of a currency to whatever you think it was before or should be. A currency's value is set by market forces.  Even if you were going to raise the value substantially in Iraq they would LOP first deleting the zeros off the currency so it would be a minimal gain of 1X or 2X times your investment. No chance of a significant revaluation with so much currency in circulation... 42+ trillion currency in circulation is more than two and a half times the entire country's net worth. The only way to raise the value is gradually so that the currency in circulation can also be reduced. But it has been well documented that Iraq's intent is to create a market economy private sector and encourage significant investment into the country. Doing so would allow the currency to appreciate (float) as a result of significant inflationary pressure created by investment
And since that appears to be the plan there is no chance of a significant overnight RV/RI it's going to take time meaning months or years for the currency to go up in value. 

This has been Kaperoni's argument for a couple of years now - so nothing really new..!  He's trying to keep us on our toes, so (in his opinion) we won't be disappointed or get upset because it didn't go as many of us had hoped (because he told us so)...JMHO...RON

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

Posted at 7:15 PM CST:

2-23-2020   Intel Guru Delta  URGENT FROM IRAQI TV:  Postpones the confidence-giving session for Allawi's government from tomorrow to next Wednesday... Confirming what we heard at noontime.

2-23-2020   Intel Guru Footforward   I suspect Allawi will have a government seated with very little drama and he will get more done in 30 days then anyone else has done in the last 15 years in Iraq.

:salute:

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

ADDED at 2:50 PM CST:

2-23-2020   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   ...You cannot arbitrarily raise the value of a currency to whatever you think it was before or should be. A currency's value is set by market forces.  Even if you were going to raise the value substantially in Iraq they would LOP first deleting the zeros off the currency so it would be a minimal gain of 1X or 2X times your investment. No chance of a significant revaluation with so much currency in circulation... 42+ trillion currency in circulation is more than two and a half times the entire country's net worth. The only way to raise the value is gradually so that the currency in circulation can also be reduced. But it has been well documented that Iraq's intent is to create a market economy private sector and encourage significant investment into the country. Doing so would allow the currency to appreciate (float) as a result of significant inflationary pressure created by investment
And since that appears to be the plan there is no chance of a significant overnight RV/RI it's going to take time meaning months or years for the currency to go up in value. 

This has been Kaperoni's argument for a couple of years now - so nothing really new..!  He's trying to keep us on our toes, so (in his opinion) we won't be disappointed or get upset because it didn't go as many of us had hoped (because he told us so)...JMHO...RON

Can Mr. Kaperoni explain how a 1X  (in other words, NO CHANGE) will help the Iraqi economy ?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

how many years has this been in process??? It is certainly not overnight nor arbitrary! not according to my bank account...

there is no chance of a significant overnight RV/RI it's going to take time meaning months or years for the currency to go up in value. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

how many years has this been in process??? It is certainly not overnight nor arbitrary! not according to my bank account...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

there is no chance of a significant overnight RV/RI it's going to take time meaning months or years for the currency to go up in value. (Kaperoni stated the above)

Adhoc10....please note that I DID NOT SAY THE ABOVE...I posted what Kaperoni said, so you should have at least included that he stated that in your post. I personally do not hold to that theory, as I have stated here so many times before. Thanks...RON:salute:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

Adhoc10....please note that I DID NOT SAY THE ABOVE...I posted what Kaperoni said, so you should have at least included that he stated that in your post. I personally do not hold to that theory, as I have stated here so many times before. Thanks...RON:salute:

duly noted, Ron I don't attribute nor  hold you responsible for any of the opinions that you share with us. You are always clear about what you share and accredit the opinions you share to the source. I screwed  up on my cutting and pasting. /my apologies, Thanks....Adhoc10

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, adhoc10 said:

duly noted, Ron I don't attribute nor  hold you responsible for any of the opinions that you share with us. You are always clear about what you share and accredit the opinions you share to the source. I screwed  up on my cutting and pasting. /my apologies, Thanks....Adhoc10

Thanks adhoc10.. :twothumbs: ..Be blessed my friend...Ron

• Thanks 1