Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Corona's outbreak is pushing gold up again

blueskyline

https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/02/18/456506/ ........

Corona's outbreak is pushing gold up again

15:14 - 02/18/2020

%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8-6-696x435.jpg

Information / Continue ...

Gold prices rose to their highest levels in two weeks, Tuesday, stimulated by the demand for safe havens after a warning from Apple about revenue, highlighting the financial implications of the Corona virus in China.

The spot price of gold was up 0.4% to $ 1586.93 an ounce. Earlier in the session, the metal touched its peak since February 3 at $ 1587.40.

US gold futures advanced 0.2% to $ 1,590.

"The Asia-Pacific markets have opened up to a broad decline," said Margaret Yang Yan, market analyst at CMC Markets. Investors are currently deeply concerned about the economic impact of the Corona virus, as well as its impact on corporate confidence and consumer demand. ”

Apple has lowered its first-quarter revenue forecasts due to Chinese disruptions caused by the virus and reduced demand from the Chinese market, which, according to Margaret, has led to risk aversion.

Apple is one of the largest western companies that will be negatively affected by the outbreak.

In other precious metals, palladium settled at $ 2522.79 an ounce in spot trading, after approaching a month's peak of $ 2538.25 earlier in the session.

Silver increased 0.6% to $ 17.86, while platinum rose 0.5%, to record $ 973.49 an ounce. 25 h has ended

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Well first day of lockdown and I didn’t notice much difference than the day before. Lots of businesses open.  Even  the Gardner’s were out . Every fast food open . Gas stations open . Silk screen tee shirt business open,all convenience and liquor stores open ,  Starbucks open 

plenty of full parking lots at commercial buildings

. I’m working in a huge warehouse that only has a skeleton crew doing inventory so we are safe. Im on the list of essential trades that can work.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

I have been trying to ,buy Gold and Silver - it tough . 

I just picked up a little. My friend who is a dealer is completely out. He has a supplier who is a wholesaler, and last night my friend and a second gentleman bought him out. The premiums for silver used to be $1-2 over spot... now charging $10 over spot for silver and $150 over spot for Gold. Crazy! This happened back in 2008 as well.   Those who remember saw the paper price of ETF’s drop while physical sky rocketed. With the way the Fed is now injecting 1 Trillion a night into the repo market till end of March.... Precious Metals, Cryptos should respond accordingly. Within a week or two we should see a spike upward. Just from experience. Good luck finding it. 

E94613D2-7C62-4B74-BE78-BA90251628CA.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Me too Chuck

i wanted 500 ounces. The place I normally buy wanted $17.00 an ounce!!! What the???  I passed

Now looking at oil futures . Down 29% in 1 week 

Oil price will be back again next week when china back to global.. they now in final stage opening up the main city and their industry..

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Stabstones said:

Oil price will be back again next week when china back to global.. they now in final stage opening up the main city and their industry..

i dont believe a word coming out of China. Ya right no new cases.  . And if they ramp up production besides pharmas who will be buying. Saudis gonna flood the market with oil.  Not sure its at bottom yet but gonna buy today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I just picked up a little. My friend who is a dealer is completely out. He has a supplier who is a wholesaler, and last night my friend and a second gentleman bought him out. The premiums for silver used to be $1-2 over spot... now charging $10 over spot for silver and $150 over spot for Gold. Crazy! This happened back in 2008 as well.   Those who remember saw the paper price of ETF’s drop while physical sky rocketed. With the way the Fed is now injecting 1 Trillion a night into the repo market till end of March.... Precious Metals, Cryptos should respond accordingly. Within a week or two we should see a spike upward. Just from experience. Good luck finding it. 

Get ready for Hyper inflation!. That can of tuna is gonna cost more

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

i dont believe a word coming out of China. Ya right no new cases.  . And if they ramp up production besides pharmas who will be buying. Saudis gonna flood the market with oil.  Not sure its at bottom yet but gonna buy today

image.png.c5110c5fa764fe68473ca60afb287166.png

https://www.ino.com/

My opinion is this is a manufactured global test to see where the bottom lies based on specific parameter assessments.

I once heard a few years back (5-7 years) the all in money of the day average cost for sinking a straw in the sand for crude oil to loaded ship is $9/barrel. So, here we are today, basis WTI Dude Oil, at just below $20.00/barrel. Other indices will follow until the bottom is reached, in my opinion.

I thought the shenanigans would have already stopped.

Apparently not.

Why is the bottom being sought under the cover of Covid-19 precautions?

Iya dunno.

I NO LIKIE!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I thinking it my be awhile before we see any back in the market. It is just crazy right now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Synopsis said:

My opinion is this is a manufactured global test to see where the bottom lies based on specific parameter assessments

1.  Australia fires caused from lack of rain.

2.  Thousands of locusts eating crops and surrounding people in Africa.

3.  Coronavirus virus affecting people all over the world.

Bible - 2 Chronicles 7:13-15

Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat up the crops or send an epidemic on my people, if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.  I will watch over this Temple and be ready to hear all the prayers that are offered here.

The above was sent to me.  I checked my Bible, Chronicles 7:13-15, and that's what it says.  A little different wording, as I have a copy the "The Living Bible", but it says the same thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

These guys are crazy. $17.00. No one is buying at that rate.

I have used Ebay in the past but the prices there are ridiculous of late. I usually won't pay much more than the melt value on silver coins. Getting tough though. This site https://www.silverrecyclers.com/Calculators/coin_calculator.aspx is what I've used in the past to get an idea what Gold and or silver coins or junk silver are worth before bidding.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Floridian said:

Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat up the crops or send an epidemic on my people, if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.  I will watch over this Temple and be ready to hear all the prayers that are offered here.

The above was sent to me.  I checked my Bible, Chronicles 7:13-15, and that's what it says.  A little different wording, as I have a copy the "The Living Bible", but it says the same thing.

:twothumbs: Good Stuff, Floridian, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

www.biblegateway.com had quite a few translations you may find of interest.

Here is the New English Translation with reference to the Hebrew text words:

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New English Translation (NET Bible)

13 When[a] I close up the sky[b] so that it doesn’t rain, or command locusts to devour the land’s vegetation,[c] or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who belong to me,[d] humble themselves, pray, seek to please me,[e] and repudiate their sinful practices,[f] then I will respond[g] from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.[h] 15 Now I will be attentive and responsive to the prayers offered in this place.[i]

Footnotes:

1. 2 Chronicles 7:13 tn Or “if.”
  2. 2 Chronicles 7:13 tn Or “heavens.” The Hebrew term שָׁמַיִם (shamayim) may be translated “heaven(s)” or “sky” depending on the context.
  3. 2 Chronicles 7:13 tn Heb “the land,” which stands here by metonymy for the vegetation growing in it.
  4. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tn Heb “over whom my name is called.” The Hebrew idiom “call the name over” indicates ownership. See 2 Sam 12:28.
  5. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tn Heb “seek my face,” where “my face” is figurative for God’s presence and acceptance.
  6. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tn Heb “and turn from their sinful ways.”
  7. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tn Heb “hear.”
  8. 2 Chronicles 7:14 sn Here the phrase heal their land means restore the damage done by the drought, locusts and plague mentioned in v. 13.
  9. 2 Chronicles 7:15 tn Heb “my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer of this place.” Note Solomon’s request in 6:40.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Chronicles+7%3A13-15&version=NET

Go Moola Nova!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

:twothumbs: Good Stuff, Floridian, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

www.biblegateway.com had quite a few translations you may find of interest.

I just looked it up the my Scofield Study Bible.  (Glad I have both the Living and Scofield Bibles.). That says the same thing too, but uses the word “pestilence”.  I had to look up that word.   I thought it meant some kind of bugs.    “Pestilence means a deadly and overwhelming disease that affects an entire community. The Black Plague, a disease that killed over thirty percent of Europe's population, was certainly a pestilence. Pestilence is also one of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation (which is part of The Bible).”

Well, we certainly have the pestilence now!

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Floridian said:

I just looked it up the my Scofield Study Bible.  (Glad I have both the Living and Scofield Bibles.). That says the same thing too, but uses the word “pestilence”.  I had to look up that word.   I thought it meant some kind of bugs.    “Pestilence means a deadly and overwhelming disease that affects an entire community. The Black Plague, a disease that killed over thirty percent of Europe's population, was certainly a pestilence. Pestilence is also one of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation (which is part of The Bible).”

:twothumbs: Thank You For The Wonderful Follow Up, Floridian, AND, Again, ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

8 hours ago, Floridian said:

Well the locusts in Pakistan ( little north and east of Africa) were sent to eat up the crops and China is now reeling from that infestation. 

There is a case to be made we are seeing the Seven Plagues of Egypt currently in the world. We have had drought and famine, locusts are infesting Pakistan and are moving into china. We are seeing a plague descend on the people of the world. Something that just came out today was that 40% of all coronavirus cases were people under 18. (Think first born plague of Egypt) So the theory that this is not affecting children is wrong. But then again, the coronavirus has spawned several speculations that this could be to stop the Hong Kong protestors, that China was through with the trade wars and wanted to show their leverage over the USA and the third one I heard was this was an attempt to round up the Cabal while they sheltered in their homes. The last was shown with the arrests of MS-13 in December and 600 members of CGNJ <??>. The latter was also affronted to these members being lackeys and pawns for the demonrats. Which one of these to believe? I will believe the punch line of a joke I once heard was to throw them up into the air and let god sort them out. 

So we could be having the Seven plagues of Egypt returning and Trump's administration focusing on getting people to turn away from the evils that is being perpetrated on the American people. For example the China Trade Deficit, the Swamp creatures or Congress critters, what is happening in Pakistan and the oppression (real not fake like those in the US claim) of the Christians and other religions (Hindi, Buddha). Ah such is the circle of life. Darwin was wrong about many things but the Darwinism Award is always right on the money because people will always be people.  

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Theseus said:

Dr. Oz ordered quarantine sex! Baby boom nine months from now! More December babies who will grow up hating Christmas because their b-days are too close to Christmas!

Ah Theseus, I respectfully disagree with you on this. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year or maybe it’s the season. Yeah, I was born 2 days after Christmas....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DoD said:

Ah Theseus, I respectfully disagree with you on this. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year or maybe it’s the season. Yeah, I was born 2 days after Christmas....

My son 's birthday is also the 27th of December.  We always had a birthday party separate from Christmas. He was lucky

because it was school vacation also.