Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investment companies leave Iraq due to administrative bureaucracy

Butifldrm

142420.jpg?width=750&&height=375

02/12/2020 11:26
  • Views 99
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Investment companies leave Iraq due to administrative bureaucracy

Baghdad / Obelisk: On Wednesday 12 February 2020, the Investment and Economy Committee of the House of Representatives identified several things that Iraq needs to re-attract international investment companies.

A member of the committee, Nada Shaker Jawdat, said in a press statement: that Iraq needs a real national will to get rid of the stifling administrative bureaucracy that was one of the reasons for the reluctance of international investment companies to invest in it.

She added: We need to attract companies for proper planning of infrastructures that suffer from a very significant decline due to the lack of investigation and investigation of the projects that were allocated a large financial and were not originally established on the ground.

And she continued: We need a correct institutional system to eliminate corruption, and move away from the old systems in blocking the wheel of investment progress, and facilitate the procedures that the investor needs to create a suitable environment for investment

Obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/187766/الشركات-الاستثمارية-تغادر-العراق-بسبب-البيروقراطية-الادارية

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Al-Kaabi confirms Iraq’s keenness to provide safe and attractive climates to enter investment companies

AL-KAABI CONFIRMS IRAQ’S KEENNESS TO PROVIDE SAFE AND ATTRACTIVE CLIMATES TO ENTER INVESTMENT COMPANIES

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:18 PM

SHARE THE ARTICLE:

Baghdad / NNC- The First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hassan Karim Al-Kaabi, confirmed today, Wednesday, that Iraq is keen on providing safe and attractive climates to enter investment companies. Al-Kaabi’s office said in a statement received by “NNC”, that “Al-Kaabi received at his office today the Australian Ambassador to Iraq, Joan Lunds.” He added, “During the meeting, the developments of the political scene in Iraq and the region were discussed, in addition to a review of the overall bilateral relations and common issues between the two friendly countries. And ways to activate it during the next stage. ” Al-Kaabi stressed, according to the statement, that "Iraq seeks to enhance economic and investment cooperation between the two countries and benefit from advanced Australian experiences in various fields, which contributes to expanding the size of the commercial partnership and supporting various aspects of development in Iraq." He pointed out that "the country is keen to provide a safe atmosphere and climate and create Attractive opportunities to enter solid international companies, including Australian, to invest in the country.

https://nnciraq.com/24889/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

142425.jpg?width=750&&height=375

02/12/2020 13:11
  • Views 147
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Siemens postpones its commitment to the Convention to improve electricity in Iraq because of the demonstrations

Baghdad / Obelisk: The Iraqi ambassador to Berlin, Dia al-Dabbas, reported on Wednesday 12 February 2020 that German companies, including Siemens, were affected by the events of the demonstrations in Iraq.

Al-Dabbas said in a statement pursued by the "obelisk": that the German companies were preparing to participate in a large number in the Baghdad International Fair and another in Basra, but the recent events that the country witnessed as a result of the popular demonstrations affected the work of the companies and led to the postponement of the exhibitions.

Al-Dabbas added that German companies are still continuing to operate in Iraq, but without going through the programs and plans previously set, pointing out that the uncertainty hangs over the future of the agreement that was signed previously to improve the reality of electricity in Iraq next summer, due to the recent events.

Obelisk 

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/187773/سيمينز-تؤجل-التزامها-باتفاقية-تحسين-الكهرباء-في-العراق-بسبب-التظاهرات

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not sure these people will ever get out of the dark ages because of their corrupt idiocy.
I’ve read in the past that Iraq could be as wealthy as Dubai due to their minerals and other natural resources that continue to be left in the ground due to ineptitude or whatever.

IMO, one of the main cornerstones of the RV is the diversification of national income and that “ain’t” going o happen without foreign investors. I’m not saying one thing that all of you don’t already know, I just needed to vent! 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Bama Girl     Thanks for putting our feelings in print. You are 100% correct.

To advance this pile of snakes to a world economy the corruption has to stop,

however nobody knows how to business in a normal fashion which means you

and i are SOL.  Thanks for all your contributions over our long journey... lv ya..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Donziman said:

Bama Girl     Thanks for putting our feelings in print. You are 100% correct.

To advance this pile of snakes to a world economy the corruption has to stop,

however nobody knows how to business in a normal fashion which means you

and i are SOL.  Thanks for all your contributions over our long journey... lv ya..

Thank you Donziman for your kind words. I’m nowhere close to being an expert on Iraq as some are on this board but I’ve read a lot the last 10 years. Some days I really wonder if the CBI will ever pull the RV trigger due to the depth of corruption. It’s much easier to control and steal from poor and uneducated people than it is prosperous and educated people. This doesn’t mean I’ve given up hope, just really wonder if it will ever happen without some serious outside pressure. All of this is just an opinion, not a declaration so hope I don’t get too many rubies. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2