Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Roger Stone Faces Possible 7-9 Year Prison Term

10 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Nice try......if that's the case.....all Presidents would then be considered to be narcissists...  I don't agree with that....     CL

Completely disagree.....The current revenge tour Trump is enjoying is proof positive of his narcissistic personality disorder.  As always, just my opinion. smh

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

I love the new America... Nothing is illegal... We can simply refuse subpoenas. We can lie when we testify. I can tell law officials I didn't know it was illegal. I can threaten people with bodily harm, incarceration, revenge. I can call my critics, "The Deep State" and that they are out to get me. I can have my friends on the jury say, "well yeah what he did was wrong, but that's okay"...

My new ad campaign...... "America, where anything goes"

B/A

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I love the new America... Nothing is illegal... We can simply refuse subpoenas. We can lie when we testify. I can tell law officials I didn't know it was illegal. I can threaten people with bodily harm, incarceration, revenge. I can call my critics, "The Deep State" and that they are out to get me. I can have my friends on the jury say, "well yeah what he did was wrong, but that's okay"...

B/A

Yes.....all of this has been true for some time in DC......but, the cleansing process is has begun.......it will get all of them......and I hope also included will be some greater accountability going forward..

If you or I attempt any of this....we're toast....

CL

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

There is already one who shares these beliefs running.....you know who she is......and the establishment fears her ideas.....    CL

You know I've told you in the past I like her... But most people don't know her... I was talking about politics with a friend of mine the other day and I consider him pretty well read, and he had heard of her, but didn't know anything about her. She just hasn't been able to break through.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, bostonangler said:

You know I've told you in the past I like her... But most people don't know her... I was talking about politics with a friend of mine the other day and I consider him pretty well read, and he had heard of her, but didn't know anything about her. She just hasn't been able to break through.

B/A

As a Democrat running for POTUS, She hasn't done herself any favors by stumping on Hannity and causing him to blush.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Huffpost

GOP Group Targets Donald Trump With 'Roger Stone Shouldn't Be Above The Law' Ad

HuffPostFebruary 13, 2020

470befbaa6b1a053bc262fc7e102e272
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Conservative group Republicans for the Rule of Law hits President Donald Trump with a legal reminder in its latest attack ad.

The spot, released online by the anti-Trump group on Wednesday, calls out the president for vociferously complaining about the sentencing recommendation of his longtime ally Roger Stone to serve between seven and nine years behind bars following his felony convictions on a slew of charges stemming from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

The voiceover in the clip ― titled “Roger Stone shouldn’t be above the law” ― notes how Attorney General William Barr subsequently intervened to reduce Stone’s recommended sentence, prompting the four prosecutors who ran the case to resign.

“The criminal justice system shouldn’t depend on being friends with the president,” the narrator concludes. “The law must apply the same to everyone.”

https://news.yahoo.com/roger-stone-ad-republicans-for-the-rule-of-law-100005214.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

As a Democrat running for POTUS, She hasn't done herself any favors by stumping on Hannity and causing him to blush.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

I agree, she has tried to appeal to the right, which in itself isn't a bad idea... But the left is not aware of her.. She could be considered a moderate, and God knows we need more moderation.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lindsey Graham: Trump Tweeting About Stone Case 'Is Not Appropriate’

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested President Donald Trump should exercise some restraint on social media after the president seemed to confirm in a tweet that Attorney General William Barr had intervened in the sentencing of Roger Stone.

The senator and Trump ally rebuffed Democrats’ calls for a hearing to investigate the president’s possible interference in the sentencing of his friend and former adviser. Graham also told CNN congressional correspondent Manu Raju on Wednesday to put himself in Trump’s shoes and understand his feeling that “people are out to get him.”

Graham added, however, that while he’d told Trump it was understandable how he was feeling, “tweeting about an ongoing criminal matter is not appropriate.”

In a series of tweets Wednesday, Trump suggested Barr had stepped in to recommend a more lenient sentence for Stone, who was convicted last November on charges including witness tampering and lying to Congress.

“Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought,” the president tweeted.

“Two months in jail for a Swamp Creature, yet 9 years recommended for Roger Stone (who was not even working for the Trump Campaign). Gee, that sounds very fair! Rogue prosecutors maybe? The Swamp!” Trump added, apparently referencing former Senate Intelligence Committee aide James Wolfe, who was sentenced in 2018 to two months in prison after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI.

After Trump tweeted early Tuesday that the initial sentencing recommendation was “horrible and very unfair” and a “miscarriage of justice,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia filed a new recommendation that afternoon suggesting no specific prison sentence.

Later that day, all four of the federal prosecutors on the Stone trial, who had recommended a seven- to nine-year sentence for Stone, quit the case. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lindsey-graham-trump-roger-stone-001611421.html

It must be tough for Lindsay... Having to swallow a life's dedication to the Rule of Law and his fundamental beliefs for the good of the party.. Poor guy.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

The FBI and DOJ can fabricate search warrants to target political foes...

Indy

• Thanks 1

Just now, Indraman said:

Indy

Seems to me the once stellar GOP just handed the keys to the kingdom to Trump to do exactly that sort of thing you just accused the FBI and DOJ of doing.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Indy

In today's world Indy, any law official can fabricate... You could be driving down the street and if a cop thinks you look suspecious they can pull you over and search you just because. Remember the 4th amendment? It is out the window.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

I agree, she has tried to appeal to the right, which in itself isn't a bad idea... But the left is not aware of her.. She could be considered a moderate, and God knows we need more moderation.

B/A

Her mistake was her honesty....quitting as vice chair of the DNC in 2015 when it was discovered the primary, via super delegates, was rigged so only HRC could win.....she wanted no part of it and exposed it.....HRC said at the time she would make her pay.....

As to the MSM......they have pretty well blacked her out....last week just prior to the NH primary CNN had 8 hours of town halls.......Gabbard was polling 5th in NH at the time....she wasn't included....Yang and the clown from Massachusetts who was polling at zero got their time.....both have dropped out since......Tom Perez and the DNC have adjusted polling requirements......which are used.....and even allowed monthly debates to cycle where no polling was released......so this is why no one knows Gabbard......and honestly FOX has been the only network that has treated her fairly.....

Going just a bit farther....(and I realize I've hijacked this thread)......everyone on the left should be more worried about what's going on with thier own party.......Blue has a failed and antiquated business plan.....just look at the large blue cities....NYC.....LA....SF....CHICAGO....BALT....SEATTLE.....all headed down the crapper......The whole state of California......

Gabbard wants to rebuild a failed and broken party......that is her first goal.......eventually the people will see the current party for what it is.....and the revolution everyone fears....right vs left......will actually be a revolution within the blue party......and until that's resolved the left is dead in the water...     CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Judge Napolitano: Roger Stone should get new trial in light of juror's anti-Trump tweets | Fox News

*****/START OF ARTICLE\*****

Judge Andrew Napolitano said on Thursday that former Trump adviser Roger Stone deserves a new trial in light of resurfaced tweets that indicate partisanship and “inherent bias” from a jury member against Stone.

Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson of the jury that convicted Stone on obstruction charges last year -- and soon afterward, her history of Democratic activism and a string of her anti-Trump, left-wing social media posts came to light.

“[Stone is] absolutely entitled to a new trial with a member of a jury making these types of revelations about the politics involved in the decisions to prosecute him,” Napolitano told “Fox & Friends.”

Hart even posted specifically about the Stone case before she voted to convict, as she retweeted an argument mocking those who considered Stone's dramatic arrest in a predawn raid by a federal tactical team to be excessive force. She also suggested President Trump and his supporters are racist and praised the investigation conducted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, which ultimately led to Stone's prosecution.

Independent journalist Mike Cernovich, not CNN, then first reported that a slew of Hart's other publicly available Twitter and Facebook posts readily suggested a strong political bias. Some of Hart's posts were written as Stone's trial was in progress.

Hart, who unsuccessfully ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2012, quoted someone in an August 2017 tweet referring to Trump as a member of the KKK.

In January 2019, she retweeted a post by pundit Bakari Sellers, who noted that "Roger Stone has y'all talking about reviewing use of force guidelines," before suggesting that racism was the reason for all the attention Stone's arrest had received from conservatives.

Napolitano said that he presided over 150 jury trials and “most were criminal.”

“It is the duty of the judge to ensure that both the government and defendant get a fair trial and if the judge discovers afterward that there was a built-in inherent bias on the part of a member of a jury against the defendant, that is an automatic trigger for a new trial,” he explained.

“She’s going to have to call those jurors back in and interrogate them or make a decision on the spot,” Napolitano said.

Joshua Nelson is a freelance reporter for Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-napolitano-roger-stone-new-trial-juror-tweets

*****/END OF THE ARTICLE\*****

Convictions that have result out of the political COUP by the Deep-State to get the POTUS and anyone associated with him should ALL be overturned...Roger Stone is one of them.

Indy

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

Her mistake was her honesty....quitting as vice chair of the DNC in 2015 when it was discovered the primary, via super delegates, was rigged so only HRC could win.....she wanted no part of it and exposed it.....HRC said at the time she would make her pay.....

As to the MSM......they have pretty well blacked her out....last week just prior to the NH primary CNN had 8 hours of town halls.......Gabbard was polling 5th in NH at the time....she wasn't included....Yang and the clown from Massachusetts who was polling at zero got their time.....both have dropped out since......Tom Perez and the DNC have adjusted polling requirements......which are used.....and even allowed monthly debates to cycle where no polling was released......so this is why no one knows Gabbard......and honestly FOX has been the only network that has treated her fairly.....

Going just a bit farther....(and I realize I've hijacked this thread)......everyone on the left should be more worried about what's going on with thier own party.......Blue has a failed and antiquated business plan.....just look at the large blue cities....NYC.....LA....SF....CHICAGO....BALT....SEATTLE.....all headed down the crapper......The whole state of California......

Gabbard wants to rebuild a failed and broken party......that is her first goal.......eventually the people will see the current party for what it is.....and the revolution everyone fears....right vs left......will actually be a revolution within the blue party......and until that's resolved the left is dead in the water...     CL

Good post CL... Thanks

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Indraman said:

Judge Napolitano: Roger Stone should get new trial in light of juror's anti-Trump tweets | Fox News

Judge Andrew Napolitano said on Thursday that former Trump adviser Roger Stone deserves a new trial in light of resurfaced tweets that indicate partisanship and “inherent bias” from a jury member against Stone.

Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson of the jury that convicted Stone on obstruction charges last year -- and soon afterward, her history of Democratic activism and a string of her anti-Trump, left-wing social media posts came to light.

“[Stone is] absolutely entitled to a new trial with a member of a jury making these types of revelations about the politics involved in the decisions to prosecute him,” Napolitano told “Fox & Friends.”

Hart even posted specifically about the Stone case before she voted to convict, as she retweeted an argument mocking those who considered Stone's dramatic arrest in a predawn raid by a federal tactical team to be excessive force. She also suggested President Trump and his supporters are racist and praised the investigation conducted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, which ultimately led to Stone's prosecution.

Independent journalist Mike Cernovich, not CNN, then first reported that a slew of Hart's other publicly available Twitter and Facebook posts readily suggested a strong political bias. Some of Hart's posts were written as Stone's trial was in progress.

Hart, who unsuccessfully ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2012, quoted someone in an August 2017 tweet referring to Trump as a member of the KKK.

In January 2019, she retweeted a post by pundit Bakari Sellers, who noted that "Roger Stone has y'all talking about reviewing use of force guidelines," before suggesting that racism was the reason for all the attention Stone's arrest had received from conservatives.

“It is the duty of the judge to ensure that both the government and defendant get a fair trial and if the judge discovers afterward that there was a built-in inherent bias on the part of a member of a jury against the defendant, that is an automatic trigger for a new trial,” he explained.

“She’s going to have to call those jurors back in and interrogate them or make a decision on the spot,” Napolitano said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-napolitano-roger-stone-new-trial-juror-tweets

Convictions that have result out of the political COUP by the Deep-State to get the POTUS and anyone associated with him should ALL be overturned...Roger Stone is one of them.

Indy

I like the judge, and many here have criticized him for his many legal insights. If all this is true, than I would have to agree with him.. With all that said, you do have to admit Stone is one creepy dude...

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congresswoman Gabbard isn't anti gun or second amendment......her stance is for bipartisan common sense to be used for second amendment issues......

You can read her views at this link......

https://www.tulsi2020.com/issues/gun-second-amendment

better yet scroll down to the "Bills"......and review what she's worked on.......

Oh.......and you might not take much of what the MSM has to say about her without researching it yourself......JMO

CL

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I like the judge, and many here have criticized him for his many legal insights. If all this is true, than I would have to agree with him.. With all that said, you do have to admit Stone is one creepy dude...

B/A

I don't disagree with you that RS is creepy and probably a narcissistic guy. But I don't think this is a reason for a conviction. The only reason RS was even targeted was because of the Political COUP underway to get TRUMP...RS was collateral damage.

Indy

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Indy

It is a real shame when even the courts have become political.....   CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2