Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What happened to Yota ?

WISKY291

Praying for Yota and his parents. I lost my father when I was 28 and my mother in 2011 so I can empathize with what he’s going through as I’m sure other members can as well. 

I rarely ever post but I do read a lot and I follow Yota. I read through some of the articles in their entirety and skim others. I truly appreciate the time and effort Yota DEVOTES to this group and I’m sorry he was feeling unappreciated. I’ve missed him and hope he’s able to return soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I've been waiting for someone to ask this and provide me the opportunity to expose the kinds of games immature people here play.  

Yota built this site as the premier Dinar News Sources on the internet. That naturally garnered the envy of insecure CLOWNS who chose to complain about the length and manner of his post. Having the backing of some Mods here these complaints attracted the attention of Adam, who not knowing the full story of what Yota was doing with his manner of posting, agreed with the Clown. 

I speak with my DEAREST FRIEND Yota on a very regular basis and can tell you that he took these childish attacks very personally. Adding to all of that John is under great stress because both his parents are near Heaven's gate. 

John is a very strong man and has REPEATEDLY told me that he doesn't like leave something unfinished. But considering the lack of appreciation thrown his way mixed with personal duress I don't blame him for taking the course he has. 

Thanks LGD for the info. I will always miss Yota and hope we meet at one of Adam`s VIP functions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

I will be praying for Master Yota parents complete healing! I want to personally thank him for all contributions to this site! He has kept me and other DV members informed with just about every news story that has come out of Iraq! I also appreciate and respect his valuable opinion about this investment!! He made the information easy for a knothead like me to understand! Again he and his family will be in my prayers!! I do hope LDG will relay everyone’s heart filled appreciation for him and our genuine concern for his family! JMHO! 🤠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Wow!....I thought the personal pettiness only happened in the Political and Rumor threads.  Seems silly for it to spill over into the News section when it's already difficult enough to read those posts as interpreted from arabic to english.....where focus is a must.  Prayers to Yota and his family....Here's hoping for a speedy return.  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

On 2/8/2020 at 10:30 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I've been waiting for someone to ask this and provide me the opportunity to expose the kinds of games immature people here play.  

Yota built this site as the premier Dinar News Sources on the internet. That naturally garnered the envy of insecure CLOWNS who chose to complain about the length and manner of his post. These complaints attracted the attention of Adam, who not knowing the full story of what Yota was doing with his manner of posting, agreed with the Clown. 

I speak with my DEAREST FRIEND Yota on a very regular basis and can tell you that he took these childish attacks very personally. Adding to all of that John is under great stress because both his parents are near Heaven's gate. 

John is a very strong man and has REPEATEDLY told me that he doesn't like leave something unfinished. But considering the lack of appreciation thrown his way mixed with personal duress I don't blame him for taking the course he has. 

I am sorry to hear all that, LGD....Primarily I am of course very sad to learn about his parents...Prayers up

I do acknowledge the man for his undeniable expertise about a lot of things....Also for the obvious dedication ( in time spent, research etc) given to this forum which shows clearly via his detailed and thoroughly posts.

So I hope he'll come back soon as he sees fit due to his extremely important current personal issues...

Last thing I'd like to say.....I do think he's being (deservedly) appreciated....He's got the highest score on Forum ...Again deservedly...

Just check the views of this here thread...Most folks do care about him and miss him

Best to him and his Family

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 7

On 2/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Yota built this site as the premier Dinar News Sources on the internet. That naturally garnered the envy of insecure CLOWNS who chose to complain about the length and manner of his post. These complaints attracted the attention of Adam, who not knowing the full story of what Yota was doing with his manner of posting, agreed with the Clown. 

Thanks for the update LGD.

Yota is the King of Newshounds with out a doubt. It takes a lot of work digging up the articles to share

I've had my ups and downs here at DV with other members as you well know. And that includes with Yota a long time ago.

But we both are thick skinned and just moved on. I respect the both of you highly and have done my best to keep a positive attitude.

He will be missed and i truly wish the best for him and his family.  FAMILY FIRST!!!

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 7

I wish to give my great appreciation and thanks to everyone who has shown there support for Master Yota and his manner of posting. I'm sure this will go a long way to giving him the will to return as soon as family matters will allow. 

I'd  like to think of ALL of us here as extended family. Most of us have been learning each other going on 10 years now. Even when we have our personal issues we always seem to work things out. And after all isn't that exactly what family is? 

May God Bless you all and put Peace and Joy in your lives. 

Scotty :tiphat:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

My view is to just offer up prayers for Yota......just because he is a great guy who has provided a great service for all of us for many years.....really makes no difference as to why he is away.....my support system" rel="">support and prayers go out to him.....CL

Amen to that!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Thank you for sharing  LGD. My prayers are with Yota and his family and if anyone has ever been appreciated on this forum other than Adam Yota is the one. 

Yota don't let a minuscule few keep you from doing what you obviously love to do. You are truly a centerpiece at this DV table.  I hope you return with renewed vigor and your family situation in God's loving hands.

Miss you and your hard work my brother!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Uh oh..... Me thinks I might be the culprit and one of the "clowns" who supposedly complained about Yota.  LGD, please correct me if I'm wrong...... 

I take total responsibility for what I said, but in fairness, iI was not directed at Yota.  The full story is that I was the 3rd person to comment about not liking how, in the News section, the mods have started to change the names of topics and add new articles to older posts, which can make it hard to find the article you want.  Adam had previously replied that he was looking into it.  10 days later, on January 22 (the date Yota stopped posting), was when I added my reply.  This was the day after Sadr and the protestors both nominated a different Allawi for the interim Prime Minister position.  I had wanted to come to DV to read what was happening with that, since DV, thanks in large part to Yota I might add, is the best source of Iraqi news.  But that day, there were no new posts about it and I didn't have the time to sift through several older, seemingly related posts to try to find the latest news on the two Allawi's.  Frustrated, I replied the following to the other post.  

LGD, if I am indeed the one who hurt Yota's feelings, please tell him I am very sorry and that I honestly was not complaining about him.  I gather now that he is the one who is combining articles and changing the titles, and there's no doubt in my mind that his intent was to consolidate and simplify the News section for all of us.  Perhaps he doesn't understand how most of us here are just not near as well informed about Iraqi news as he is and we cannot easily follow his reasoning when he makes those changes.  While I'm sure it's clear as day to him how those articles are all related, that really isn't the case for many of us here.  Please let him know that he is absolutely, very much appreciated here, and very much missed.  He didn't do anything wrong, rather it's just that most of us are not as informed as he is so we prefer a simplier, even if it means a lot more separate posts, format for the presentation of news.  I also extend my prayers to him, his parents and loved ones.  And I'm very sorry that I put this additional burden on him, especially right now. 

Also, I'm only responding now because  I don't read all of the posts here and it was only today that I read this one.  Otherwise, I would have responded and apologized earlier.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, KristiD said:

Uh oh..... Me thinks I might be the culprit and one of the "clowns" who supposedly complained about Yota.  LGD, please correct me if I'm wrong...... 

I take total responsibility for what I said, but in fairness, iI was not directed at Yota.  The full story is that I was the 3rd person to comment about not liking how, in the News section, the mods have started to change the names of topics and add new articles to older posts, which can make it hard to find the article you want.  Adam had previously replied that he was looking into it.  10 days later, on January 22 (the date Yota stopped posting), was when I added my reply.  This was the day after Sadr and the protestors both nominated a different Allawi for the interim Prime Minister position.  I had wanted to come to DV to read what was happening with that, since DV, thanks in large part to Yota I might add, is the best source of Iraqi news.  But that day, there were no new posts about it and I didn't have the time to sift through several older, seemingly related posts to try to find the latest news on the two Allawi's.  Frustrated, I replied the following to the other post.  

LGD, if I am indeed the one who hurt Yota's feelings, please tell him I am very sorry and that I honestly was not complaining about him.  I gather now that he is the one who is combining articles and changing the titles, and there's no doubt in my mind that his intent was to consolidate and simplify the News section for all of us.  Perhaps he doesn't understand how most of us here are just not near as well informed about Iraqi news as he is and we cannot easily follow his reasoning when he makes those changes.  While I'm sure it's clear as day to him how those articles are all related, that really isn't the case for many of us here.  Please let him know that he is absolutely, very much appreciated here, and very much missed.  He didn't do anything wrong, rather it's just that most of us are not as informed as he is so we prefer a simplier, even if it means a lot more separate posts, format for the presentation of news.  I also extend my prayers to him, his parents and loved ones.  And I'm very sorry that I put this additional burden on him, especially right now. 

Also, I'm only responding now because  I don't read all of the posts here and it was only today that I read this one.  Otherwise, I would have responded and apologized earlier.

Well if that was your complaint then move over cause I'm getting in the clown car also. I too mentioned once it would be great to start a new thread for important news relevant to what we may be watching for.  Or the Hot Topic of the time.  I can't imagine Yota would take offense to that even though he does the heavy lifting  and is the Hulk of DV news. If so, I too apologize never intending to belittle or take for granted for a job well done.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, KristiD said:

Uh oh..... Me thinks I might be the culprit and one of the "clowns" who supposedly complained about Yota.  LGD, please correct me if I'm wrong

You are wrong :lol:I don't want to get deeper into the weeds as the issue has been taken care of privately. But please understand it isn't you. 

I'm certain Yota will return as soon as family matters will allow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 9

Jmho, but this whole thing should have been kept private.  What goes on with Adam's staff is their business.  I remember several years ago Adam had to remove a Mod.  He is quite capable of taking care of his business.  All that needed to be shared was that Yota was caring for his parents.  He would have gotten the same response.  Hopefully, we can move on and get back to focusing on dinar.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

15 hours ago, Shedagal said:

Jmho, but this whole thing should have been kept private.  What goes on with Adam's staff is their business.  I remember several years ago Adam had to remove a Mod.  He is quite capable of taking care of his business.  All that needed to be shared was that Yota was caring for his parents.  He would have gotten the same response.  Hopefully, we can move on and get back to focusing on dinar.

You are "da gal"...... thoughtfully stated......we all know the stresses family turmoil/crisis can cause.....those situations can compound other things in life.....I know at least that has been the case in my life......

But it passes.....time has a way of healing......I suspect time will correct all of this for Yota.....he certainly has the support of the community here!      CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Shedagal said:

Perfectly stated, Shedagal.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1