Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump takes shot at Romney at National Prayer Breakfast

At the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, President Trump celebrated his acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial, attacking Democrats and taking an apparent shot at Republican Sen. Mitt Romney, who crossed party lines to vote to remove Trump from office.

“As you know, our great country, and your president, have been put through a terrible ordeal by some very dishonest and corrupt people, and by so doing, very badly hurt our nation,” Trump said, reading from a teleprompter. “Yesterday, courageous Republican politicians and leaders had the wisdom, fortitude and strength to do what everyone knows was right.”

It was the president’s first public appearance since the Senate voted to acquit him of the charges contained in two articles of impeachment — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — that had been endorsed by the House of Representatives in December.

President Trump during the 68th annual National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday. (Evan Vucci/AP)
President Trump during the 68th annual National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday. (Evan Vucci/AP)

Before the vote, Romney announced he would vote to convict Trump for abuse of power.

“Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one’s oath of office that I can imagine,” Romney said, adding: “I swore an oath before God to exercise impartial justice. I am profoundly religious. My faith is at the heart of who I am.”

At the prayer breakfast, Trump said, “I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong.”

The president was scheduled to deliver a statement related to his impeachment “victory” at the White House later Thursday.

Earlier, before taking his seat, the president held up a copy of the USA Today, with the headline “ACQUITTED” splashed across the top of its front page. The crowd inside the Washington Hilton applauded.

Trump did the same with a copy of the Washington Post and its headline: “Trump acquitted.”

Photo: Evan Vucci/AP
Photo: Evan Vucci/AP

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who signed off on the inquiry that led to Trump’s impeachment, was the first speaker at the annual event, saying a prayer for the “poor and persecuted.”

As Pelosi was introduced, the president, visibly annoyed, folded his arms and looked away. In his own remarks, Trump also appeared to take a shot at Pelosi, who has repeatedly said she prays for Trump when asked about him.

"Nor do I like people who say, 'I pray for you,' when they know that that's not so," he said. "So many people have been hurt. We can't let that go on. And I'll be discussing that a little bit later at the White House."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-national-prayer-breakfast-acquittal-democrats-romney-faith-144735074.html

Yeah that's what Jesus would do.... 

B/A

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

I’m glad he did.  Romney is a US Senator representing the people of Utah who are overwhelmingly Republican.  By voting his conscious he went against the will of his constituents.  The people of Utah are not amused and Mitt can now pretty much be called a lame duck Senator.  His influence in the US Senator is now diminished.   He should resign.  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Pitcher said:

BTW, Pelosi should resign for leading her party into the Impeachment abyss.  She is a terrible leader.  Why she gave her power to Schiff and Nadler, both of whom are complete morons, was beyond stupid.  

Personally, I think everyone of those people in D.C. needs to go... The democrats have no plan for the country. The Republicans just proved they don't care about law and order. Refusing to hear testimony and stating they would be biased before the trial begins should be criminal. I don't think any of them should get a pass... When the jury says, yeah, what he did is wrong and  unacceptable. but we are going to accept it, tells me all I need to know about their lack of integrity, inability to serve the constitution and their complete disregard for America. JMHO

And also in my opinion, any American who gives either party a pass on this display we just witnessed should turn in their voter card. They don't have the sense to make an intelligent decision. Both parties need to go and they need to go now.

Whew...... 

B/A 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

9 hours ago, bostonangler said:

They don't have the sense to make an intelligent decision.

Hhmmmm.... isn’t that what the demoncratic party is saying about President Trump voters. You sure ain’t falling far from the tree there BA.

9 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Personally, I think everyone of those people in D.C. needs to go.

On another note though, I agree with ya 100%! Term limits are the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Karsten said:

There is a Huge Recall effort going on here and they want mitten's gone. he lied to the people to get elected and was most likely just put into office by the PTB....I.E. the Church.

Karsten

They should recall him. That would send a strong message to all those swamp creatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Giorgia Meloni in America for Trump: “It is the recipe we want to bring to Italy”

February 6, 2020

https://www.news1.news/2020/02/giorgia-meloni-in-america-for-trump-it-is-the-recipe-we-want-to-bring-to-italy.html

She's the boss of far-right party "Brothers of Italy" ( which is more far-right  than Salvini's  "League") basically adopting all main principles of Mussolini's fascist party ( which re-make in any way, shape or form is prohibited by our Constitution)

No thanks

5e3c53e5220000c20b23e996.png?resize=696%
Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Trump Jr. dismisses 'likelihood' of Pelosi praying for Trump with Satan comparison

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 02/06/20 05:11 PM EST 574

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., took aim at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday after his father appeared to knock the congresswoman at the National Prayer Breakfast earlier for past comments she made about praying for him.

“Likelihood of Nancy Pelosi praying for Trump is about the same as the likelihood of Satan running around quoting the Scriptures,” the president’s son tweeted on Thursday morning.

His comments eventually prompted the word “Satan” to trend on Twitter later in the afternoon, as a number of religious figures and social media users pointed to passages in the Bible where Satan has quoted Scripture, including to Jesus himself.

Trump Jr.'s comments on Twitter Thursday followed closely after remarks his father made at the National Prayer Breakfast earlier in the day.

During the event, the president took an apparent swipe at Pelosi, who has repeatedly stated that she has prayed for Trump in the past, and Republican Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah), who spoke about his religion earlier this week when explaining his decision to vote to convict Trump.

"Weeks ago, and again yesterday, courageous Republican politicians and leaders had the wisdom, fortitude and strength to do what everyone knows was right," Trump said at the breakfast.

"I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong. Nor do I like people who say ‘I pray for you’ when they know that’s not so," he continued.

Pelosi fired back at Trump later in the day.

“I don’t know if the president understands about prayer or people who pray,” Pelosi said a press conference later on Thursday. “I pray for the United States of America, I pray for him, I pray for President Bush still, President Obama ... because it’s a heavy responsibility ... I pray hard for him because he’s so off the track of our Constitution, our values, our country." 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/481925-trump-jr-dismisses-likelihood-of-pelosi-praying-for-trump-with

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 3

I just got a text and it appears Utah is getting real serious about removing Romnay from Leadership as well as getting him Censured in the Senate until he is removed.

I also saw where he has been Un Invited from CPAC which will mean Utah is only 50% represented there now.

He is also claiming he Voted to Convict POTUS the Fulfill some Mormon Prophecy.

Karsten

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Karsten said:

I just got a text and it appears Utah is getting real serious about removing Romnay from Leadership as well as getting him Censured in the Senate until he is removed.

I also saw where he has been Un Invited from CPAC which will mean Utah is only 50% represented there now.

He is also claiming he Voted to Convict POTUS the Fulfill some Mormon Prophecy.

Karsten

Who was your text from?

GO RV, then BV