Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Never in my life.....

11 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Shabs. Like I said, yours just cannot take it when we use your weapons on you and yours. I still have hope. We all can say, whats done is done. From this red line forward we will both return to civility. Have civil debate regarding the things important to the people we represent. Get elected or not on that. And no to the sore loosers who lost an election , now back to getting about the peoples business .

Hundreds of pieces of House passed legislation sitting on McConnell's desk.....has been for months, but Moscow Mitch has proven himself to be the epic blockade against the People of this country.  Perhaps he could gorge himself on something other than unqualified judicial nominees......Time will tell.  He's fortunate he hails from Kentucky...a state that still has dry counties and towns with sunshine laws.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hundreds of pieces of House passed legislation sitting on McConnell's desk.....has been for months, but Moscow Mitch has proven himself to be the epic blockade against the People of this country.  Perhaps he could gorge himself on something other than unqualified judicial nominees......Time will tell.  He's fortunate he hails from Kentucky...a state that still has dry counties and towns with sunshine laws.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Uncharacteristic of you Shabs. Unqualified Judicial Nominees .... hundreds of pieces of legislation on Mitch's desk ; just like I said y'all wine and cry when the age old tricks that you and yours pull on others are used on you. Harry Reed use to do the same darn thing, even bragging on how he tabled legislation that he didn't like or that gave Republicans a win. I vividly remember once when he was asked why he does this stuff up to and including dis-information campaigns he replied " because we can. "  The only difference between then and now is Republicans fight back , and social media exposes the lies fake news puts out from the DNC propaganda machine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Just wait for the next Democrat to use it... Let's see what people think then.... These guys, none of them play by the rules...

B/A

BA/s post

12 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Obama already did and got away with it. The life of a border patrol agent was the after effect. You don't want to know what I think about that.

MY post

11 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Wait, wait....you just said "got away with it".....Seems you're all for EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE with regards to Trump's use of it, when covering for his blatant attempt to use a foreign government against his political rival, as admitted by more than a few Republican senators, but not so much when Obama used it.  Is that what you're saying?

GO RV, then BV

My response speaks for itself.

Obama used it. People weren't happy because of the life that was lost and the rights of business owners and their businesses were either stepped on or put in jeopardy. Holder ordered the BATFE to break the law in order to manufacture a case to sell to the American people for the banning of semi automatic rifle sales.. They forced shop owners to sell to people not eligible to own firearms or lose there license. 

You have not been paying attention to the facts.

Many people brought before the House have testified that Trump did not ask for a QPQ. Even the president of Ukraine stated there was no QPQ. But numerous people thought he was going to. As far as I know we don't have a thought law in place. The only one who has one of those is GOD. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, bostonangler said:

Trump obstructed, by refusing any of his people to participate. Even his own party members admitted that what he did was wrong.

Evidently you didn't watch the trial.  The Intelligence and the Judicial Committee's investigations for impeachment were not legitimate on their face because the House did not vote on impeachment until after they completed their hearings on impeachment.  The Whitehouse even informed them of that fact and said they would be happy to provide witnesses if they corrected the defect in their subpoenas,  but neither Nadler or Schiff sought to do so.  Schiff and Nadler were outclassed by the Whitehouse Attorneys.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Evidently you didn't watch the trial.  The Intelligence and the Judicial Committee's investigations for impeachment were not legitimate on their face because the House did not vote on impeachment until after they completed their hearings on impeachment.  The Whitehouse even informed them of that fact and said they would be happy to provide witnesses if they corrected the defect in their subpoenas,  but neither Nadler or Schiff sought to do so.  Schiff and Nadler were outclassed by the Whitehouse Attorneys.

Obviously you didn't hear the GOP senators saying they know what he did was wrong.... But they made their deal and history will not be kind.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Obviously you didn't hear the (some not all) GOP senators saying they know what he did was wrong.... But they made their deal and history will not be kind.

B/A

And those that did say it, should go back and read the Constitution. 

Since there was no factual evidence given, there can not be a conviction. I am not talking about the Senate trial but the House circus that took place. 

On one hand you condemn them for being bad, and the other hand you believe them because it goes against Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Obviously you didn't hear the GOP senators saying they know what he did was wrong.... But they made their deal and history will not be kind.

B/A

Obviously not, or maybe I did and made the determination that the Senators saying that didn't know what they were talking about.  Probably the latter.  The truth will come out here or later, either way, it was a Trumped up charge that they couldn't make stick.

You obviously have a different perspective than I do.  Trump is following up on his campaign promises, draining the swamp and the establishment hates him for it, I love him for it. It is very refreshing.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

Humm, I watched it all and Never Heard a GOP Senator ( except Rino Romney) sayoing anything of the sorts....I did heard the lame Stream Media as well as a lot of Liberals parroting the same....Maybe you can put up some Video to verify this claim you are making.

Inquiring mind want to know....

Karsten

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Obviously not, or maybe I did and made the determination that the Senators saying that didn't know what they were talking about.  Probably the latter.  The truth will come out here or later, either way, it was a Trumped up charge that they couldn't make stick.

You obviously have a different perspective than I do.  Trump is following up on his campaign promises, draining the swamp and the establishment hates him for it, I love him for it. It is very refreshing.  

10 hours ago, Karsten said:

Humm, I watched it all and Never Heard a GOP Senator ( except Rino Romney) sayoing anything of the sorts....I did heard the lame Stream Media as well as a lot of Liberals parroting the same....Maybe you can put up some Video to verify this claim you are making.

Inquiring mind want to know....

Karsten

Markinsa and Karsten... Below are quotes from GOP senators. They did indeed say what he did was wrong and voted to save the party anyway.... So as much as you might like to put out statements that I have a different perspective or need to verify. I just state truth. Perhaps you should open you eyes to the fact our system is corrupt and republicans are no better than democrats... Americans need to wake up to the fact our government is like watching all-star wrestling... It's a show.

Sen. Rob Portman (Ohio), a prominent Republican moderate, criticized President Trump on Friday for actions “including asking a foreign country to investigate a potential political opponent” that he called “wrong and inappropriate.”

Portman’s statement reflected a similar argument made by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) on Thursday, when he criticized Trump for “inappropriate” conduct but said the offense fell short of a high crime or misdemeanor, the constitutional standard for impeachment.

The Tennessee senator said “it was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation.”

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), emerging from a Senate GOP lunch meeting Friday, told reporters: “Lamar speaks for lots and lots of us.”

Sen. Susan Collins said President Trump’s efforts to press Ukraine to open an investigation into a Democratic presidential candidate were “improper and demonstrated poor judgment” 

“The president’s actions were not ‘perfect.’ Some were inappropriate,” said Sen. Pat Toomey (R., Pa.) in an opinion article published in the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday. He said the actions didn’t rise to an impeachable offense.

“The president’s behavior was shameful and wrong,” said Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R., Alaska) in her own speech on Monday night. “His personal interests do not take precedence over those of this great nation.”

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

They are carrying  the Houses water for them. Multiple witness and other people have stated and sworn to the fact that POTUS "did not ask for a quid pro quo".

Therefore there was no crime or inappropriate action. They had to vote to acquit.

They may not like what he did, h*ll they even might be "never Trumpers, but they had no choice because of the lack of honest evidence to acquit.

As to obstruction.  The president has the right to EP and can use it just like all the other presidents before him. Those that did were not impeached on obstruction of Congress. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Perhaps you should open you eyes to the fact our system is corrupt and republicans are no better than democrats... Americans need to wake up to the fact our government is like watching all-star wrestling... It's a show.

Trump is an outsider attempting to clean it up.  That is the reason why you and I have different perspectives, you can't see that.  Trump can't even trust the FBI or CIA to investigate, the FBI even refused to look at the evidence on Burisma, that is what Giuliani discovered before he went to the Ukraine.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Markinsa said:

Trump is an outsider attempting to clean it up.  That is the reason why you and I have different perspectives, you can't see that.  Trump can't even trust the FBI or CIA to investigate, the FBI even refused to look at the evidence on Burisma, that is what Giuliani discovered before he went to the Ukraine.

I simply said that GOP senators said what he did was wrong, and you refused to hear the truth... I know we don't agree on Trump, but at least except honest statements... Those senators admitted what he did was wrong and gave him a pass... In the next senate elections, their decision will cost some them their jobs... 

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I simply said that GOP senators said what he did was wrong, and you refused to hear the truth... I know we don't agree on Trump, but at least except honest statements... Those senators admitted what he did was wrong and gave him a pass... In the next senate elections, their decision will cost some them their jobs... 

B/A

Wrong!

You live in the LEFT's echo chamber and you are clueless to the alternative view of Impeachment. Many Americans saw "Ukraine" as Trump cleaning up corruption, especially after the many Political COUP attempts against him. You and the Left think that Russia-Gate, Stormy Daniel's, Impeachment, and just recently the Emoluments Clause Verdict are all NOT attempts to "Dig Up Dirt" on Trump. WRONG!

The Democrat Party, the MSM, and Leftists sympathizers like you and others on this forum can't see how millions of Americans view the last three years as "digging up dirt", the very crime they accuse Trump of doing.

Also, when you say that Senators said "Trump did something wrong" , you convolute moral and ethical missteps with US Code Violations. You need to learn nuance and try not to twist things in your favor. This is a very common tactic by the LEFT.

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Indraman said:

Wrong!

You live in the LEFT's echo chamber and you are clueless to the alternative view of Impeachment. Many Americans saw "Ukraine" as Trump cleaning up corruption, especially after the many Political COUP attempts against him. You and the Left think that Russia-Gate, Stormy Daniel's, Impeachment, and just recently the Emoluments Clause Verdict are all attempts to "Dig Up Dirt" on Trump. The Democrat Party, the MSM, and Leftists simpithizers like you and others on this forum can't see how millions of Americans view the last three years as "digging up dirt", the very crime they accuse Trump of doing.

Also, when you say that Senators said Trump did something wrong, you convolute moral and ethical missteps with US Code Violations. You need to learn nuance and try not to twist things in your favor. This is a very common tactic by the LEFT.

Indy

I'm watching Face the Nation right now with Lindsey Graham and he is saying live on television, don't believe anything coming out of Ukraine, because it is the Russians...

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

This chapter is closed, as it should be......for 3 years the losers of the 2016 have been trying to rewrite the election results.....

They, in desperation, settled in a very weak hope......the phone call to Ukraine......Was it illegal?....nope.......was it perfect?....nope.....do some people wish Trump had done the call differenty?.......yep.....

But in no way did it constitute an impeachable offense......just the facts!   CL

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

Ok, so it takes 2/3 (67) votes to Impeach the President.  The Vote was Article 1, 48 Yes 52 No, Article 2, 47 Yes, 53 No.  Even if those 5? Republican Senators who said he did something wrong voted for impeachment he still wouldn't have been impeached.  So what difference does it make?  The Texas Senators (My Senators), Cruz and Cornyn voted No. 

It will be interesting to see how the Senate turns this next election there are currently 4 Republican Seats in the Senate that have a chance of being turned Blue.  https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-election/ and it looks like the Democrats are going to lose one.  I think that will be Doug Jones from AL. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Ok, so it takes 2/3 (67) votes to Impeach the President.  The Vote was Article 1, 48 Yes 52 No, Article 2, 47 Yes, 53 No.  Even if those 5? Republican Senators who said he did something wrong voted for impeachment he still wouldn't have been impeached.  So what difference does it make?  The Texas Senators (My Senators), Cruz and Cornyn voted No. 

It will be interesting to see how the Senate turns this next election there are currently 4 Republican Seats in the Senate that have a chance of being turned Blue.  https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-election/ and it looks like the Democrats are going to lose one.  I think that will be Doug Jones from AL. 

We all knew there would be an acquittal before it ever started. That was pretty clear. As for the next election, I don't know about most of them but yes Alabama will vote Doug out. It was a shock he won in the first place. I live in the south and it is almost completely republican.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 2/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, bostonangler said:

Only one man put his honesty above everything else. 

B/A

I you mean Romney how is this for a motive to want Trump gone. 

From the February 8, 2020 article at americanthinker.com by Daniel John Sobieski (<link to article):

It wasn’t 2012 Presidential loser Mitt Romney’s faith that caused him to vote to impeach President Trump, whom he once begged to rescue him from political oblivion. While Romney, who undoubtedly entertained visions of succeeding a President Trump after his vote helped remove from office, says it was his faith that caused him to believe Trump really did abuse his power to pressure the Ukrainians to dig up dirt on the Bidens, more likely it was because that Romney wanted to put an end to an administration that might expose his link to the Bidens and Burisma,

Romney will go down in the history as the only senator to vote to impeach a member of his own party, but the question remains why he retained such animus against the man who forgave Romney his 2016 rant warning, as Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, and that seditious bunch later would, that Donald J. Trump was an unhinged danger. Trump supported Romney’s Utah Senate run. Et tu, Mitt?

Why, as CNN put it, has Mitt Romney "been a lone Republican voice expressing concern about President Donald Trump's July phone call with Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump asked Ukraine's President to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his family"?

Little notice has been paid to the fact that Joseph Cofer Black, a former CIA operative, served as Romney’s special adviser in his 2012 campaign for President. As Breitbart News reported at the time:

"In October 2011, Romney announced that Black, who had served in the CIA since 1974, had been selected as a special adviser.
“I am deeply honored to have the counsel of this extraordinary group of diplomats, experts, and statesmen,” Romney said at the time. “Their remarkable experience, wisdom, and depth of knowledge will be critical to ensuring that the 21st century is another American Century.”

Black trained for covert operations and eventually became the director of the National Counterterrorism Center from 1999 until 2002. After the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks perpetrated by al-Qaeda, Black was appointed ambassador at large and coordinator for counterterrorism in December 2002 by President George W. Bush.

John Brennan succeeded Black in his job as director of the National Counterterrorism Center.
"

Cofer Black would come to know Hunter Biden as well. Black would wind up serving on the board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma at the same time that Hunter, who had no special knowledge of Ukraine or the energy business, was being paid ungodly sums to curry influence with the Obama-Biden administration. Was Black also hired because he was an adviser to a former governor and future senator with good connections in the Washington swamp? As The Federalist reported last September:

"As Democrats and the media remain fanatically obsessed with assembling some form of a “quid pro quo” from the infamous Trump-Zelensky phone call, new details have emerged regarding Burisma, the company for which Hunter Biden worked and the company that Ukraine’s top prosecutor had been investigating before Vice President Joe Biden had the prosecutor fired via a months-long pressure campaign. According to web archives, top Mitt Romney adviser Joseph Cofer Black, who publicly goes by “Cofer Black,” joined Burisma’s board of directors while Hunter Biden was also serving on the board.

According to The New Yorker, Hunter joined Burisma’s board in April of 2014 and remained on it until he declined to renew his position this past May. Meanwhile, according to Burisma’s website, Black was appointed in February of 2017 and continues to serve on its board. The timelines would indicate that Black and Biden worked together at Burisma, and indeed, web archivesfrom late 2017 show Black and Biden listed simultaneously on the board.
"

There is no doubt that Burisma as was stockpiling people on its board who could provide it with cover from prying investigations, like the son of a vice president and a special adviser to a GOP presidential candidate. The nature of Hunter’s job is known -- his father, Vice President Joe Biden, would get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired, taking the heat off Burisma to protect his son. What Black’s role was, or why he was on the board other than providing potential access is unclear. But certainly he could tell us something about the Burisma-Hunter connection

True, Romney did vote to call witnesses, but there was no guarantee Hunter Biden would make the short list. Black’s name wasn’t even mentioned. Romney was willing to risk Hunter Biden being called if other witnesses like John Bolton could potentially help get Trump out of office.

Why was Black on the Burisma board at the same time as Hunter Biden? Mere coincidence? What did he know and when did he know it? What did Romney know and when did he know it? Why was a former adviser to the only Republican senator to vote to impeach the President who legally asked the Ukrainians, in accordance with treaty and U.S. law, if they knew anything about Ukrainian corruption and possible interference in U.S. elections, on the Burisma board? Romney’s former adviser could tell us much.

Daniel John Sobieski is a former editorial writer for Investor’s Business Daily and freelance writer whose pieces have appeared in Human Events, Reason Magazine, and the Chicago Sun-Times among other publications.

• Thanks 4