Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lindsey Graham Wants To Call Whistleblower After Trial To Ask 'How All This Crap Started'

Just now, Pitcher said:

They had saved back some money because they knew it might happen but it was tough none the less.  Many in our family who had the means helped them out some.  

Something like 6 million family farms in 1900.....only 600 thousand in 2000.  Don't have a link....read it somewhere in the past.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Clapper, eh....when did he come out of retirement.  And if he did....what'dya suppose the Deep State pays?  Dental?  

My apologies, I forgot it is Gina Haspel who is in charge of the CIA these days.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Something like 6 million family farms in 1900.....only 600 thousand in 2000.  Don't have a link....read it somewhere in the past.

GO RV, then BV

My numbers were off....more like 6.2 million in 1910, down to 2.2 million in 2018.  Sorry for the bad info.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

My numbers were off....more like 6.2 million in 1910, down to 2.2 million in 2018.  Sorry for the bad info.

Its a sad thing that we are losing our farmers.  My cousin is 64 years old and still works his land.  He will be the last as he has said his kids have no interest in keeping it going.  The problem for him and many farmers is the land is being bought and sold to home developers.  If you don’t have the land it’s hard to make the numbers work.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

That's great news....they were obviously some of the fortunate farmers who had the means to hang on.  

GO RV, then BV

NPR's Michel Martin speaks with Dale Moore, executive vice president of the American Farm Bureau Federation, about its recent report that shows farm bankruptcies are up 24% from last year.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/10/778097948/farm-bankruptcies-surge

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

https://theweek.com/speedreads/866567/trumps-farmer-bailout-already-more-than-twice-expensive-obamas-automaker-bailout

China hawks in Trump's administration want Beijing to quit subsidizing strategic industries, yet that hasn't deterred the White House from doling out billions in aid to American farmers, who have become more dependent on government money than they've been in years. At $28 billion so far, the farm rescue is more than twice as expensive as the 2009 bailout of Detroit's Big Three automakers, which cost taxpayers $12 billion. And farmers expect the money to keep flowing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Its a sad thing that we are losing our farmers.  My cousin is 64 years old and still works his land.  He will be the last as he has said his kids have no interest in keeping it going.  The problem for him and many farmers is the land is being bought and sold to home developers.  If you don’t have the land it’s hard to make the numbers work.  

Many of the farmers I know own very little ground, 180 acres or less.  The majority of what they farm is leased ground.....so when mother nature doesn't cooperate, yields are low and lease payments are more difficult to make, not to mention farm equipment, maintenance and their own family requirements.  I'm in no way begrudging farmers, but for them to continue to support a man who put many of them out of business, or in bankruptcy, because he bragged how easy trade wars are to win,  just seems foolish.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3