Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In the event that a final agreement is not reached, President Saleh intends to assign Mustafa Al-Kazimi to head the government

Mary B

2 hours ago, Kenny_Logins said:

The constitution is only as useful as the protesters decide it to be. They have the leverage, and they would set fire to parliament and the constitution if that were to benefit them. They would rather die than go back to their dead-end status quo under Iran's boot.

Saleh knows all this. He knows the only winning play is to wait it out with the protesters, and to not participate in the insulting shell game of unacceptable PM candidates being proposed by the Construction Party, Al-Fateh, and Saeron.

There's only one path forward for Saleh, and it's with US protection. When security is ready and the time is right, he'll appoint an anti-Iranian PM, which will trigger a brief guerrilla war with Iranian militias and loyalists. I expect this to happen within 30 days.

We've learned in the past four months that this multi-year investment was not just a bet on the Iraqi dinar. It also turned out to be a bet on Iraq's liberation and Iran's collapse. If we make any money off this thing, it'll be a minor blessing compared to the greater outcome.

Agreed!!! Well stated Kenny_Logins

• Upvote 1

Doav / special
Members of Parliament revealed the nomination of the candidate to form the new federal government. 

Council member, head of the Bayraq al-Khair bloc, MP Muhammad al-Khalidi, told Dawaf, on Saturday 1/2/2020, that the political blocs agreed to present a candidate for the President of the Republic to assign him to form a government, indicating that the mandate will be today. 

For his part, Deputy Kazem Al-Sayyadi said in a statement that it was "agreed between the political forces to choose Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, to head the next Iraqi government," noting that "an agreement was also made on the distribution of positions that had been made, and each party took its share in the next government."

He added, "The ministers of the new government will be nominated, under the cover of technocrats, and some of them are in the names of shadow, as far from the political forces," adding that "the assignment of the new prime minister, Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi, will be announced today."

https://www.dwarozh.net/ar/details.aspx?jimare=60457

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Mary B said:

Source: The President of the Republic intends to assign Allawi after the approval of Al-Sadr and Al-Amri

2020-02-01 | 05:10
Source: The President of the Republic intends to assign Allawi after the approval of Al-Sadr and Al-Amri

An informed source revealed, on Saturday, the intention of President Barham Salih to assign Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form a government after the approval of Sadr movement leader Muqtada al-Sadr and the head of the Al-Fath Alliance Hadi al-Amiri.

The source said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "The President of the Republic, Barham Salih, intends to assign Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form a government."

The source, who requested not to be named, added that this came "after Sadr and Al-Amri agreed to name Allawi as prime minister."

It is noteworthy that the House of Representatives agreed, early last month, to the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, and the political bloc talks are continuing in order to choose a new prime minister.

A well-informed source reported, on Wednesday (January 29, 2020), that there was a consensus between the Al-Saeroon and Al-Fatah coalitions on the nomination of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi for the post of prime minister.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/333237/%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%8A%D8%B9%D8%AA%D8%B2%D9%85-%D8%AA%D9%83%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%81%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84

Psy-ops from Iran. This is not happening. 

Iraqi president appoints Mohammed Allawi as new PM

1952846-138346543.png?itok=5MyKZvXK
Iraqi President Barham Salih appointed Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi as the country's new prime minister on Feb.1, 2020. (AFP)

REUTERS
February 01, 202018:04

• For demonstrators, Allawi part of corrupt, old-guard system and unacceptable
  • New PM quoted by State TV as saying he would resign if political blocs sought to impose candidates for different ministries

BAGHDAD: Iraqi President Barham Salih appointed on Saturday Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi as new prime minister, State TV reported, after squabbling political parties failed to name a candidate in the two months since the former premier was ousted by popular protests.
Allawi would run the country until early elections can be held. He must form a new government within a month.
Former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi resigned in November amid mass anti-government unrest where hundreds of thousands of Iraqis took to the streets demanding the removal of Iraq's political elite. Nearly 500 protesters have been killed in a deadly crackdown by security forces.
Allawi was quoted by State TV as saying he would resign if political blocs sought to impose candidates for different ministries.
He also called on protesters to continue demonstrating until their demands are met.
However, protesters are likely to oppose him as prime minister.
For demonstrators who demand a removal of what they say is a corrupt ruling elite, the former communications minister under ex-premier Nuri al-Maliki - who presided over the fall of multiple Iraqi cities to Daesh in 2014 and is accused of pro-Shiite sectarian policies - is part of the system and therefore unacceptable.
Iraq is facing its biggest crisis since the military defeat of Daesh in 2017. A mostly Shiite popular uprising in Baghdad and the south challenges the country's mainly Iran-backed Shiite Muslim ruling elite.
The country has been thrown into further disarray since the killing of Iranian military mastermind Qassem Soleimani in a US drone strike in Baghdad on Jan. 3. Iran responded with missile attacks on bases hosting US forces, pushing the region to the brink of an all-out conflict.
Pro-Iran politicians have tried to use those events to shift the focus away from popular discontent with their grip on power and towards anti-American rallies and demands for the withdrawal of US troops.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1621451/middle-east

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

(NRT) publishes the text of Prime Minister Muhammad Allawi’s speech .. and a video of the commissioning moment

122020213552WhatsApp%20Image%202020-02-0

Digital Media NRT

On Saturday, the Prime Minister-designate, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, made a "series" of pledges to the people, calling for his support to solve the crises and help him to reach safety.

Allawi said in a statement published by the Information Office of the Prime Minister today, (1 February 2020), and the following is the text of his speech: -

"With great honor and responsibility, I proudly receive my assignment as Prime Minister of Iraq for the next period.

Here I extend my sincere thanks to His Excellency President Barham Salih, Speaker of the House of Representatives Muhammad Al-Halbousi, and to the representatives, parliamentary powers, activists, unions and all the brothers who put their faith in us and made unremitting efforts to serve the country by entrusting me with this task.

I extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to the rational authority for its patriarchal and guiding role for all of our dear compatriots, as well as all spiritual forces, especially in this crucial phase of Iraqi history.

I salute the appreciation and honor of the martyrs of the peaceful demonstrators who fell in the demonstration arenas and demanded reform, and I salute with them the martyrs of our security forces who sacrificed their lives in defense of the right to demonstrate and the safety of the demonstrators, with all hope and determination that we deny the fine blood its right by seriously initiating the building of the state of citizenship and institutions of justice and freedom Well-being and peace.

This mandate places on me a great historical responsibility, so I pledge to God and I pledge to the generous Iraqi people that I seek all my possibilities to serve this country and I promise them that the blood of the martyrs of the demonstrators and the security forces will not be in vain, and the aggressors and criminals will be held accountable and submit to the judiciary to obtain their just punishment.

The state’s weapon will not be carried against the people, the state’s weapon to protect the people, maintain borders, and promote national dignity.

I stress here the keenness to follow the files of investigating the events of the demonstrations and holding those responsible for violence against peaceful demonstrators and against the security forces and those who caused sabotage and destruction of public and private property accountable.

I pledge, God willing, and your support to form a government away from sectarian, partisan, and narrow sectional quotas and to represent all different sects and cultures of Iraqis, and I commit to involve the most talented of our people in the formation of the government.

I pledge to the people that I do not accept the imposition of any candidate by the political forces, and if they are subjected to pressure, I will expressly declare that clearly.

I emphasize the keenness to form an advisory team in the Prime Minister's office with the participation of representatives from the movement of peaceful demonstrators, and here I refer to the need for the peaceful demonstration in support of reform to continue until legitimate demands are met and the state undertakes serious reform work already.

I pledge to work diligently to prepare for early elections, in consultation with relevant authorities including the Independent High Electoral Commission and the United Nations and according to constitutional mechanisms and laws in force, and I pledge to protect the electoral process and stand against any interference that might affect the integrity, fairness, and transparency of its results and to restore public confidence in them .

I also affirm the commitment to provide the greatest amount of work opportunities to citizens by starting development, industrial, production and residential projects, and creating an investment renaissance and laying the foundations for changing the rentier economy approach to an investment economy away from full dependence on oil resources.

I pledge to work hard to combat rampant corruption and ensure that economic commissions dissolve political and other factions, and to refer corruption files without delay to the judiciary.

I pledge to achieve security and safety for all the people, to confine arms to the state, and that there is no authority above the rule of law, and I pledge to protect peaceful demonstrators, release innocent detainees in accordance with the constitution and the law, and coordinate with the judiciary, refrain from using live ammunition, and prohibit the abuse of non-lethal weapons such as tear gas canisters.

I also pledge to protect Iraq from any external interference and I am working to not allow Iraq to be an arena for settling accounts and conflicts, hoping in this regard from the international and regional community that it will be of assistance to Iraq at this sensitive stage, given that the security of Iraq is among the security of the region and the entire world in particular, and we are still facing An enemy waiting for us, which is terrorism. Iraq must restore its positive and neutral role in achieving stability for the region and the world.

I pledge to submit a periodic report to the Iraqi people through the House of Representatives on the progress of the government or the challenges it faces.

I also call for an immediate dialogue with peaceful demonstrators to work to achieve their legitimate demands in accordance with the constitution and the law, and I will personally supervise this dialogue.

I wish my sons and daughters from the Iraqi people to be a help and support for me after I trust God Almighty to solve the country's crises and bring him to safety. "

Below is a video of Mohamed Allawi being officially commissioned by the President of the Republic to form a government

https://www.nrttv.com/Ar/News.aspx?id=22469&MapID=2

• Upvote 2