Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In the event that a final agreement is not reached, President Saleh intends to assign Mustafa Al-Kazimi to head the government

Mary B

Iran's veto and Nuri al-Maliki overthrow the nomination of Muhammad Allawi as prime minister of Iraq

- 38 Minutes Ago

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-19-

BAGHDAD - Nuri al-Maliki, leader of the State of Law coalition, thwarted an imminent plan to assign former minister Muhammad Allawi to form the new Iraqi government, causing the elimination of complex political understandings, reached after marathon negotiations that took a number of weeks, and entered into the line of these understandings Hezbollah The Lebanese, whose leaks revolve around his assumption of the task of managing the Iraqi file, after the killing of the former Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani.

At dawn on Thursday, the crisis of choosing a successor to resigned Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi appeared to be on the way to a solution, when it was leaked to the media that the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had abandoned his supportive position to nominate the head of the intelligence service, Mustafa al-Kazemi, in favor of Allawi's support, after Lebanese mediation.

Informed sources in Baghdad said that the official of the Iraqi file in the Lebanese Hezbollah, Muhammad Kawtharani, convinced Al-Sadr that Allawi is the suitable candidate to lead the Iraqi government in the next transitional phase, which is supposed to witness the dissolution of Parliament and the call for early elections.

When Kawtharani intervened, Al-Kazemi’s shares were very high to obtain the mandate to form the new government, due to his support by Sadr, the leader of the Al-Hikma Movement, Ammar al-Hakim, the leader of the victory coalition, Haider al-Abadi, most of the Sunni parties, and all Kurdish parties. But he faced a strong Iranian opposition.

The sources say that Kawtharani had wagered on deciphering the Sunni-Shiite Kurdish understanding of Al-Kazimi's candidacy by removing Sadr from him, which was what happened, as once the Sadr position was changed, Al-Kazemi came out of the competition entirely, and it was agreed to support Allawi.

The sources add that Hadi al-Amiri, leader of the Al-Fateh coalition, which is close to Iran, contacted Iraqi political leaders to inform them of the agreement that had occurred with Sadr about choosing Allawi, but he was surprised by a large objection by Maliki.

The sources indicate that Al-Maliki was angered by this agreement, because he directly touches him, as Allawi is one of his fiercest former opponents.

Allawi served as Minister of Communications in the two governments that Maliki formed between 2006 and 2014, but he did not complete his mandate in either of them, as he resigned in the first and was prosecuted in the second.

And the differences between Allawi and Al-Maliki in the two governments have always been related to the philosophy of state administration and how to confront endemic corruption in its institutions.

In al-Maliki’s second government, the prime minister moved the judiciary against his minister, accusing him of causing the waste of public money, after he participated in meetings hosted by Erbil to withdraw confidence from the government.

The sources say that the Iranians' lack of enthusiasm for Allawi's candidacy is due to his strained relationship with Maliki, who is seen as Tehran's trusted ally and faithful man in Iraq.

Opinions

The sources do not exclude that the dispute will be settled, in the event of Kawtharani insists on that, in light of the large roles he played recently.

Observers in Baghdad say that the Iraqi file has returned to the authority of the Lebanese Hezbollah after the killing of the leader of the Quds Force in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, Qassem Soleimani, in an American raid near Baghdad airport early this year.

This is not the first time that the Lebanese have supervised the Iraqi file, as their connection to it dates back to the period between 2006 and 2008, when it was under the direct management of Imad Mughniyeh.

Mughniyah is a prominent leader of the Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas who was killed in Damascus by a car bomb in 2008, which Israel accused of masterminding.

Since 2008, the Iraqi file has been under the authority of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, before returning to the Lebanese with the killing of Soleimani.

And Iraqi President Barham Salih warned on Wednesday evening that he would choose an interim prime minister if the political parties could not choose an alternative to Adel Abdul Mahdi by Saturday.

Abdul-Mahdi resigned from his post in November under pressure from popular protests, but he continued to perform his duties temporarily.

Iraq has been witnessing massive protests since the first of last October and the protesters, most of whom are young men, are calling for a reform of a system that they consider to be largely corrupt because it has made most of the Iraqis suffer from poverty.

"If the concerned blocs are not able to resolve the nomination order by no later than next Saturday, I see an obligation on me to exercise my constitutional powers by assigning him to whom I find most acceptable, representative and popular, and in the framework of the outcomes of the consultations that I conducted during the last period with political forces and popular activities," he said.

Saleh called on the competing political factions to resume talks and agree on a candidate. He said, "I call on the parliamentary blocs concerned with the nomination of the Prime Minister to resume constructive and serious political dialogue in order to agree on a new candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers that enjoys popular approval and submit it to the Presidency of the Republic in order to issue an order of assignment."

The deadline set by the Iraqi president is the latest sign that the Shiite political parties that dominate the Iraqi parliament have so far failed to overcome their differences and choose a new prime minister acceptable to protesters.

The Arabs

link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Iraqis reject the nomination of "Allawi Tehran"

Agencies - Baghdad

٠٢:٠٠ Friday 31/01/2020

The demonstrations were renewed in Iraq on Thursday, rejecting the reports that indicated earlier that there was consensus on the name of Muhammad Allawi - the candidate of “Other” and “Al-Fath” - to head the government, two months after the resignation of Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

»Tails of Iran

The city of Karbala (the Middle Euphrates) witnessed the exit of a number of demonstrators, who chanted against Hadi al-Amiri (head of the Fatah Alliance in the Iraqi Parliament) and the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, describing the two men as“ Iran’s tails ”

To that, the demonstrators demanded the United Nations to intervene To protect them from violence against them.

In turn, protesters in Diwaniyah raised banners at the Square Thursday, calling for the United Nations and the European Union to intervene to save Iraq.

...............continues

link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Iran's veto and Nuri al-Maliki overthrow the nomination of Muhammad Allawi as prime minister of Iraq

9 minutes ago, boosterbglee said:

When is someone going to pull the lips off of Mr. Potato Head?

U Mean Nuri Al-Whipple ? :o 

thumb image

And All The Toilet Paper Currency He Stole ...

:D  :D  :D 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Haha 9

Al-Hashemi: Veto Al-Sadr, Al-Amri, Al-Maliki, Far Allawi, Al-Kazemi, and Shukri for the Prime Minister

17:47 - 01/30/2020

%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AB%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9

Information / private ...

Political analyst Wathiq Al Hashemi revealed, on Thursday, the presence of a "veto" preventing the candidacy of Allawi and Al-Kazemi, and my thanks to the Prime Minister, indicating that the period of the President of the Republic will expire and the issue was not resolved even by a miracle.

Hashemi said to / the information / that "the information indicates the existence of deep and large differences were not able to political blocs with the President of the Republic to reach any agreement."

He added, “The President of the Republic, Barham Salih, wishes to put the name of Mustafa Al-Kazemi to the Prime Minister, but the conquest has a veto on Al-Kazemi, which prompted the proposition of the name of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi. State of law Nuri al-Maliki.

He explained that "Ali Shukri was put up during the last consultations, but Veto al-Sadr against Shukri prevented his passage from being announced," noting that "the President of the Republic has names that he wants to announce, which are accepted by the demonstrators,but that the blocs keep them without that."

He continued, "The issue was not resolved by the end of the republic's deadline on Saturday, even by a miracle, and the differences reached its climax."

The President of the Republic, Barham Salih Amal, last Wednesday, had the political blocs to resolve their order to submit the name of the candidate for prime minister until next Saturday. Ended 25 and

link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

LINK

Allawi: I will relinquish my second nationality and form an independent government that includes demonstrators

Allawi: I will relinquish my second nationality and form an independent government that includes demonstrators

1/31/204 4:03 PM

The candidate for prime minister, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, confirmed today, Friday, that he does not ask any party or political bloc to nominate me for prime minister, while asking them not to object to his candidacy for the position.

Allawi stated in a post on his Facebook page, "The name of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi has been circulated as a candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers, and I have learned that there is a public demand in the refusal of dual nationals to take this position; If I inform those who do not know me that I am not of the category that does not fulfill his covenant, I consider the failure to fulfill the covenant to be contrary to faith

He added: "I ask God not to keep me alive for the day he was taken from the bundle of faith to the bond of delusion and misery of fate. Therefore, I pledge that if I am assigned to take over the position of Prime Minister to give up my second nationality

Allawi continued: "I do not ask any political party or any political bloc to nominate me for the position of Prime Minister, but I ask them not to object to my candidacy for this position and to respond to the desire of the honorable Iraqi citizens and their representatives in the squares, and that they do not stand in the way of forming the government. Which will not be a party quotas government but rather a government of competent and impartial independents with the participation of some peaceful demonstrators at the level of ministers or without it

Allawi concluded his speech by saying, "We ask God to help us and the faithful of the people of our country to get out of this crisis to the shore of peace, stability, development and prosperity. He is heard and answered

It is noteworthy that the statements of the candidate for the presidency of the transitional government, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, come hours before the end of the deadline of President Barham Salih of the parliamentary blocs to nominate a person for the post of prime minister, or he will assign according to the constitution to whom he deems appropriate tomorrow morning

"If the concerned blocs are not able to resolve the nomination order no later than Saturday (tomorrow), February 1, 2019, I see an obligation to exercise my constitutional powers by assigning those whom I find most acceptable to parliament and people, and within the framework of the results of the consultations that I conducted during The last period with political forces and popular activities."

#################

A candidate for prime minister confirms his willingness to dispense with his second nationality and form a government that includes "demonstrators"

LINK

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoD said:

Aren’t you the same guy who agreed to the two articles from the blocks an one being the removal of American troops from Iraq? 

Exactly DoD .... iran is bound and determined to get another pro iranian in the PM chair and the spineless current leadership in Iraq are living in fear to oppose iran ... there has to be one smart capable iraqi that cares for iraq completely to lead that country if not they are bound to repeat the same again and again over and over since 2003 / 2004  .. heres hoping , cheers dv'ers  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3n1, my problem is with this gutless president they have. By their constitution he was supposed to have a PM appointed in 15 days of Mahdi resignation. He has let Iran an the Iranian blocks of the GOI scare an intimidate him while the citizens die in the streets. 
This is how coups an dictatorship are formed, weak people and caos....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, DoD said:

3n1, my problem is with this gutless president they have. By their constitution he was supposed to have a PM appointed in 15 days of Mahdi resignation. He has let Iran an the Iranian blocks of the GOI scare an intimidate him while the citizens die in the streets. 
This is how coups an dictatorship are formed, weak people and caos....

2 hours ago, 3n1 said:

+1 DoD... we wait

:bump:

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, DinarThug said:
Iraqis reject the nomination of "Allawi Tehran"

Agencies - Baghdad

٠٢:٠٠ Friday 31/01/2020

The demonstrations were renewed in Iraq on Thursday, rejecting the reports that indicated earlier that there was consensus on the name of Muhammad Allawi - the candidate of “Other” and “Al-Fath” - to head the government, two months after the resignation of Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

»Tails of Iran

The city of Karbala (the Middle Euphrates) witnessed the exit of a number of demonstrators, who chanted against Hadi al-Amiri (head of the Fatah Alliance in the Iraqi Parliament) and the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, describing the two men as“ Iran’s tails ”

To that, the demonstrators demanded the United Nations to intervene To protect them from violence against them.

In turn, protesters in Diwaniyah raised banners at the Square Thursday, calling for the United Nations and the European Union to intervene to save Iraq.

...............continues

link

As they should.

GOI: "Hey protesters, this guy is totally moderate! He's a compromise, see? He originally turned down the nomination, see? Iran is against him even though Iranian puppets nominated him!"

Edited by Kenny_Logins
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

Political analyst: The problem is not to give up the second nationality but to clash with the corrupt

image.php?token=6497656c451634b0ed45cf8af57b068c&c=6482001&size=

31st January, 2020

Strategic expert Hisham Al Hashemi sent a message to the candidate for prime minister, "Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi," without mentioning his name, minutes after the latter announced his readiness to give up the second citizenship if he became prime minister.

Hashemi said in a tweet on his Twitter account: "Oh, a climber of the presidency, pay attention; the problem is not to give up the second nationality, the problem is to stick to collision with the corrupt."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

LINK

Saleh: I will cost a person acceptable and representative if the blocs do not agree to submit a candidate

image.php?token=96ef71d9c7d0f52b4219e4243f73f741&c=9344935&size=

29th January, 2020

Today, Wednesday, President of the Republic Barham Salih sent a letter to the political blocs, while confirming in his letter that he would assign an acceptable representative and a popular person if the blocs did not agree to present an independent candidate within the first period of February 2020.

Below is the text of the message of the President of the Republic Barham Salih to the political blocs:

Iraq faces dangerous political junctures that compel us all to confront it responsibly, to avoid further complications in the Iraqi scene, and to fulfill the legitimate demands of the people to form a new government that will pave the way for the upcoming elections.

Since Prime Minister Adel Abdel-Mahdi submitted his official resignation to the parliament, political and parliamentary debates were launched for the purpose of choosing a candidate to take over the government, and unfortunately due to political debates and tensions, these deliberations did not lead until today to an understanding of a "non-controversial" candidate for the presidency of the parliament. The ministers are able to address the requirements of the stage and achieve the political and popular consensus required to cross the country to safety and restore order and prepare for the upcoming elections, which called the supreme religious authority, national powers and demonstrators to demand those concerned to expedite the resolution of the government formation file.

Events are accelerating and the scene is getting more complicated on the official and popular levels. There are increasing numbers of martyrs and victims from peaceful demonstrators and security forces, and we believe that the biggest node lies in reaching reasonable limits to agree on the new candidate for prime minister, and certainly that continuing the current situation is It is impossible to warn of great danger and greater complexity.

I call on you, as parliamentary blocs concerned with the nomination of the Prime Minister, to resume constructive and serious political dialogue in order to agree on a new candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers with popular approval and submit it to the Presidency of the Republic in order to issue the mandate order. Inevitably, you estimate that the President of the Republic has a national and constitutional duty to push towards resolving the crisis, and if the concerned blocs are not able to resolve the nomination order by no later than Saturday, February 1, 2019, I see an obligation to exercise my constitutional powers by assigning those whom I find most acceptable to Parliament and people, and in Output framework of the consultations I had during the last period with political forces and popular activities.

You have great appreciation and respect, Peace, mercy and blessings of God

Barham Salih - President of the Republic

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DoD said:

LMAO!!! What you gonna do big boy give them another 7 days?....Just hang on big fella one of these foreign governments will come in an bail out your 3rd world country again...

Not that I really want to defend Saleh, but he does need time to prepare for the inevitable sh!t storm that will be unleashed when he appoints an anti-Iranian candidate, which will effectively sever Iran's last artery. At that point, Iran and the militias will have nothing to lose and will go out swinging. Violence will escalate before this is over.

We aren't so much waiting on the appointment of a PM as we are preparing for a showdown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Kenny_Logins said:

Not that I really want to defend Saleh, but he does need time to prepare for the inevitable sh!t storm that will be unleashed when he appoints an anti-Iranian candidate, which will effectively sever Iran's last artery. At that point, Iran and the militias will have nothing to lose and will go out swinging. Violence will escalate before this is over.

We aren't so much waiting on the appointment of a PM as we are preparing for a showdown.

Exactly....we’ll said...preparations will be well underway for new pm and rv

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kenny_Logins said:

Ok, I’ll go on long with that but don’t you think 2 months is more than plenty when your constitution gives you 15 days? 
Iraq needs a PM before they can tell you what time of day it is. Somebody needs to do something...hello 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DoD said:

Ok, I’ll go on long with that but don’t you think 2 months is more than plenty when your constitution gives you 15 days? 
Iraq needs a PM before they can tell you what time of day it is. Somebody needs to do something...hello 

The constitution is only as useful as the protesters decide it to be. They have the leverage, and they would set fire to parliament and the constitution if that were to benefit them. They would rather die than go back to their dead-end status quo under Iran's boot.

Saleh knows all this. He knows the only winning play is to wait it out with the protesters, and to not participate in the insulting shell game of unacceptable PM candidates being proposed by the Construction Party, Al-Fateh, and Saeron.

There's only one path forward for Saleh, and it's with US protection. When security is ready and the time is right, he'll appoint an anti-Iranian PM, which will trigger a brief guerrilla war with Iranian militias and loyalists. I expect this to happen within 30 days.

We've learned in the past four months that this multi-year investment was not just a bet on the Iraqi dinar. It also turned out to be a bet on Iraq's liberation and Iran's collapse. If we make any money off this thing, it'll be a minor blessing compared to the greater outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kenny_Logins said:

We've learned in the past four months that this multi-year investment was not just a bet on the Iraqi dinar. It also turned out to be a bet on Iraq's liberation and Iran's collapse. If we make any money off this thing, it'll be a minor blessing compared to the greater outcome.

Very very true 

Source: The President of the Republic intends to assign Allawi after the approval of Al-Sadr and Al-Amri

2020-02-01 | 05:10
Source: The President of the Republic intends to assign Allawi after the approval of Al-Sadr and Al-Amri

An informed source revealed, on Saturday, the intention of President Barham Salih to assign Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form a government after the approval of Sadr movement leader Muqtada al-Sadr and the head of the Al-Fath Alliance Hadi al-Amiri.

The source said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "The President of the Republic, Barham Salih, intends to assign Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form a government."

The source, who requested not to be named, added that this came "after Sadr and Al-Amri agreed to name Allawi as prime minister."

It is noteworthy that the House of Representatives agreed, early last month, to the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, and the political bloc talks are continuing in order to choose a new prime minister.

A well-informed source reported, on Wednesday (January 29, 2020), that there was a consensus between the Al-Saeroon and Al-Fatah coalitions on the nomination of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi for the post of prime minister.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/333237/%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%8A%D8%B9%D8%AA%D8%B2%D9%85-%D8%AA%D9%83%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%81%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84