Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Halbousi called on political forces to cooperate with the file of forming a government

Butifldrm

The US embassy in Baghdad comments on Allawi's "assignment"

Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi

February 01, 2020

Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi

The US embassy in Baghdad on Saturday commented on the appointment of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to the post of prime minister to succeed Adel Abdul Mahdi, who resigned last December following massive protests.

"The current conditions in Iraq and the region require an independent and impartial government committed to meeting the needs of the Iraqi people," the embassy said in a statement posted on its Facebook account.

She added that Allawi's nomination "must be followed up with real efforts to ensure this goal is achieved."

The statement added that the United States considers that "Iraqi security is vital and will work with the new government as soon as it is formed to create conditions for a stable, prosperous, and sovereign Iraq."

تتطلب الظروف الراهنة في العراق والمنطقة وجود حكومة مستقلة ونزيهة ملتزمة بتلبية احتياجات الشعب العراقي. ان ترشيح السيد محمد توفيق علاوي كرئيس وزراء جديد للعراق يجب أن يتم متابعته بجهود حقيقة لضمان تحقيق هذا الهدف.

تعتبر الولايات المتحدة أن أمن العراق أمر حيوي وستعمل مع الحكومة الجديدة فور تشكيلها لتهيئة الظروف لعراق مستقر ومزدهر وذو سيادة.

Current conditions in Iraq and the region require an independent and honest government committed to addressing the needs of the Iraqi people. The nomination of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi as a new Prime Minister must be followed up with efforts to accomplish that objective.

The US regards the security of Iraq as vital and will work with the new government once formed to foster conditions for Iraq’s stability, prosperity, and sovereignty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Al-Halbousi receives the Prime Minister-designate

Political | 10:43 - 02/01/2020

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=84428

19122020_C662E09B-DFF5-4AA5-980F-FC39C53466A0.jpg.da64f34f714af4f92a4e7e8bed4c1a22.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News 

Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi received Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi. 
A statement of Al-Halbousi's office stated that "during the meeting, it was stressed the necessity of forming a government that adopts the reform steps and sets a realistic government program that meets the aspirations of the Iraqi people." is over

• Upvote 2

142138.jpg.38831892a6f90a6da6e7a1c98af95a28.jpg

02/01/2020 21:07

Allawi nominates members of the ministry within 30 days after the assignment

Baghdad / Obelisk: Legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi stressed the stages that will follow the constitutional mandate of Muhammad Allawi.

Al-Tamimi said in a statement to the obelisk, that the taxpayer, Mohammed Allawi, is required according to Article 76f II and IV to name the members of the ministry and prepare the ministerial curriculum within a period of 30 days from the date of commissioning.
And Al-Tamimi indicated that the Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Allawi must present the names of his ministers and ministerial curricula to Parliament, and he must obtain an absolute majority vote, that is, half of the attendance plus one after the quorum is achieved.
Al-Tamimi indicated that if Parliament voted for Allawi, he would take the constitutional oath with his ministers mentioned in Article 50 of the Constitution.

Al-Tamimi concluded by saying that during this period, Abdul-Mahdi and his ministers will continue in the caretaker government until Mohammed Allawi, who is appointed and his ministers, is sworn in.

• Upvote 1

142126.jpg.e80c659261092dcda20958dbb3ca8cdd.jpg

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/187160/الديمقراطي-الكردستاني-تكيلف-محمد-علاوي-خطوة-ايجابية-وأفضل-من-حالة-الفوضى-المستمرة

02/01/2020 18:32

Kurdistan Democrat: Muhammad Allawi commissioned a positive and better step than the ongoing chaos

Baghdad / Obelisk: Member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Repin Salam, welcomed, on Saturday, February 1, 2020, the appointment of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form the transitional government, while stressing that assigning Allawi is better than chaos in the Iraqi street.

Salam said: The appointment of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form the government is a step forward and we consider it positive and better than the ongoing state of chaos in the Iraqi street.

Salam added, that the step to assign Allawi will be the beginning of a new problem, because the new prime minister will have difficult tasks ahead, the most important of which is the issue of preparing for early elections, the issue of removing American forces and satisfying political forces opposed to the election results, in addition to forming a strong government capable of meeting the demands of the demonstrators. .

He pointed out that assigning Allawi is an important step and we welcome it and we have been from the beginning supporting any candidate agreed upon between the Shiite blocs.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 1

Allawi pledges to work for early elections and the formation of a government away from quotas

On Saturday, Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi pledged to work in holding early elections and referring corruption files to the judiciary. He also pledged to form a government away from quotas.

Allawi said in a televised speech followed by Alsumaria News: "I thank the President of the Republic, Halbousi, Representatives, Parliamentary Forces, Activists, Syndicates, and all those who put his trust in us through my assignment to the mission.

He added: "I applaud the appreciation and honor of the peaceful demonstrators martyrs," stressing: "I strive for a serious attempt to build a state of citizenship and institutions, and a state of justice, freedom, welfare and peace."

Allawi said, "The blood of the martyrs from the demonstrators and the security forces will not be in vain," stressing that "the state's weapon will not be carried against the people, but rather to protect the borders and enhance security."

He continued, "I affirm my keen desire to follow up the investigation events against the demonstrations and hold those responsible for the violence and those who caused the sabotage accountable to public and private properties, and I pledge to form a government that is far from narrow partisan quotas."

Allawi pledged, "to involve the competent people in forming the government," stressing: "I will not accept any candidate imposed by the parties."

And between: "I pledge to work diligently to prepare for early elections in consultation with relevant authorities, the High Electoral Commission and the United Nations, and I pledge to protect the electoral process and stand against any interference affecting the integrity of its results."

Allawi calls for direct dialogue with the demonstrators and pledges to limit weapons to the state

Policy

2020-02-01 | 15:08

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/سياسة/333297/علاوي-يدعو-لاطلاق-حوار-مباشر-مع-المتظاهرين-ويتعهد

On Saturday, Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi called for the launching of a direct dialogue with the demonstrators, and while he confirmed that he would form a consultative team in his office in this regard, he pledged to confine arms to the state.

Allawi said in a speech followed by Alsumaria News, "I affirm the commitment to provide the greatest amount of job opportunities to citizens by starting industrial and investment projects and not relying on oil."

Allawi pledged to "fight corruption, dissolve economic bodies, achieve security and safety for all people, and confine arms to the state." He also pledged to "protect Iraq from any foreign interference and not allow Iraq to be an arena for settling scores."

Allawi called for "launching a direct dialogue with the demonstrators, and I will supervise this dialogue to resolve the country's crises and bring him to safety," pledging to "protect peaceful demonstrators and release the innocent."

He continued, "I will form a consultative team in the Prime Minister's office with the participation of representatives of the demonstrators," calling for "continued demonstrations to achieve the desired reforms."

And Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi announced today, Saturday (1 February 2020), his mandate by the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to form a government, and while he called on the demonstrators to continue the demonstrations, he stressed that he did not deserve the position if he did not fulfill their demands.

Edited by 6ly410

Washington comments on assigning Allawi to head the government

The American embassy in Baghdad confirmed on Saturday that the current conditions in Iraq and the region require an independent and impartial government, considering that Allawi's nomination as a new prime minister should be followed up with real efforts to ensure the achievement of the goal.

"The current conditions in Iraq and the region require the presence of an independent and honest government committed to meeting the needs of the Iraqi people," the embassy said in a statement, which Alsumaria News shared with a copy of it. ".

She added that "the United States considers that the security of Iraq is vital and will work with the new government as soon as it is formed to create conditions for a stable, prosperous, and sovereign Iraq."

And Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi announced today, Saturday (1 February 2020), his mandate by the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to form a government, and while he called on the demonstrators to continue the demonstrations, he stressed that he did not deserve the position if he did not fulfill their demands.
  • Upvote 1

In the text ... the speech of Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to the Iraqi people

22:29 - 01/02/2020
photo_%D9%A2%D9%A0%D9%A2%D9%A0-%D9%A0%D9

Information / Baghdad

In the name of of Allah the Merciful

Say work soon will Allah observe your work and His Messenger and the believers.

Peace, mercy and blessings of God

Ladies and gentlemen

With honor and a high sense of responsibility, I proudly receive my assignment as Prime Minister of Iraq for the next period.

I extend my sincere thanks to His Excellency the President of the Republic, Dr. Barham Salih, and to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Muhammad Al-Halbousi, and to the representatives, parliamentary forces, activists, unions, and all the brothers who put their faith in us and made unremitting efforts to serve the country through my assignment to this task.

I extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to the rational authority for its patriarchal and guiding role for all of our dear compatriots, as well as all spiritual forces, especially in this crucial phase of Iraqi history ..

I salute with appreciation and honor the martyrs of the peaceful demonstrators who fell in the demonstration plaza and demanded reform, and I salute with them the martyrs of our security forces who sacrificed their lives in defense of the right to demonstrate and the safety of the demonstrators, all hope and determination that we deny the fine blood its right by seriously initiating the building of the state of citizenship and institutions of justice and freedom Well-being and peace ..

This commission places on me a great historical responsibility,

So I pledge to God and I pledge to the generous Iraqi people that I seek all the possibilities I possess to serve this country and I promise them that the blood of the martyrs from the demonstrators and the security forces will not be in vain, and the aggressors and criminals will be held accountable and submit to the judiciary to obtain their just punishment.

The weapon of the state will not be carried against the people, the weapon of the state to protect the people, maintain borders, and promote national dignity.

I stress here the keenness to follow the files of investigating the events of the demonstrations and holding those responsible for violence against peaceful demonstrators and against the security forces and those who caused sabotage and destruction of public and private property accountable.

I pledge, God willing, and your support to form a government away from sectarian, partisan, and narrow sectional quotas and to represent all different sects and cultures of Iraqis, and I commit to involve the most talented of our people in the formation of the government.

I pledge to the people that I do not accept the imposition of any candidate by the political forces, and if they are subjected to pressure, I will expressly declare that clearly.

I emphasize the keenness to form an advisory team in the Prime Minister's office with the participation of representatives from the movement of peaceful demonstrators, and here I refer to the need for the peaceful demonstration in support of reform to continue until legitimate demands are met and the state undertakes serious reform work already.

I pledge to work diligently to prepare for early elections, in consultation with relevant authorities including the Independent High Electoral Commission and the United Nations and according to constitutional mechanisms and laws in force, and I pledge to protect the electoral process and stand against any interference that might affect the integrity, fairness, and transparency of its results and to restore public confidence in them .

I also affirm the commitment to provide the greatest amount of job opportunities to citizens by starting development, industrial, production and housing projects, and creating an investment renaissance and laying the foundations for changing the rentier economy approach to an investment economy away from full dependence on oil resources.

I pledge to work hard to combat rampant corruption and ensure that economic commissions dissolve political and other factions, and to refer corruption files without delay to the judiciary.

I pledge to achieve security and safety for all the people, to confine arms to the state, and that there is no authority above the rule of law, and I pledge to protect peaceful demonstrators, release innocent detainees in accordance with the constitution and the law, and coordinate with the judiciary, refrain from using live ammunition, and prohibit the misuse of non-lethal weapons such as tear gas canisters.

I also pledge to protect Iraq from any external interference and I am working to not allow Iraq to be an arena for settling accounts and conflicts, hoping in this regard that the international and regional community will be of assistance to Iraq at this sensitive stage, given that the security of Iraq is among the security of the region and the entire world in particular, and we are still facing An enemy waiting for us, which is terrorism. Iraq must restore its positive and neutral role in achieving stability for the region and the world.

I pledge to submit a periodic report to the Iraqi people through the House of Representatives on the progress of the government or the challenges it faces.

I also call for an immediate dialogue with peaceful demonstrators to work to achieve their legitimate demands in accordance with the constitution and the law, and I will personally supervise this dialogue.

I hope that my sons and daughters from the Iraqi people will be of assistance and support to me after relying on God Almighty to resolve the country's crises and bring him to safety.

May God have mercy on the martyrs of Iraq and our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Iraq lived free and master for itself

God bless.

• Upvote 2

alawe-399.jpg

Allawi pledges not to accept the candidates of the political forces in his government and work for early elections

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/سیاسة/علاوي-يتعهد-بعدم-قبول-مرشحي-القوى-السياسية-بحكومته-والعمل-على-انتخابات-مبكرة/

2020/02/01 12:08:44

Shafak News / The official in charge of forming the Iraqi Transitional Government, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, pledged on Saturday not to accept any candidate imposed by political forces in forming his government, and to continue preparing for early parliamentary elections, calling for the need for continued demonstrations in the country.

Allawi said in a speech broadcast on official television today that "this assignment places on me a great historical responsibility, so I pledge to God and I pledge to the honorable Iraqi people that I seek all my possibilities to serve this country and promise them that the blood of the martyrs of the demonstrators and the security forces will not be in vain, and the aggressors will be held to account. Criminals are brought to justice for their just punishment. "

He added that "the weapon of the state will not be carried against the people, the weapon of the state to protect the people, maintain borders, and promote national dignity."

Allawi added, "I hereby emphasize the keenness to follow up the files of the investigation into the events of the demonstrations and hold those responsible for violence against peaceful demonstrators and against the security forces and those who caused sabotage and destruction of public and private property accountable."

He also said, "I pledge (...) to support you in forming a government away from sectarian, partisan, and narrow sectional quotas and to represent all the diverse spectrums and cultures of Iraqis, and I commit to involve the most talented of our people in the formation of the government."

"I pledge to the people that I will not accept the imposition of any candidate by the political forces, and if they are subjected to pressure, I will expressly judge this clearly," Allawi said.

"I emphasize the keenness to form an advisory team in the Prime Minister's office with the participation of representatives from the movement of peaceful demonstrators, and here I refer to the need for the peaceful demonstration in support of reform to continue until legitimate demands are met and the state undertakes serious reform work indeed."

The Prime Minister-designate added, “I pledge to work diligently to prepare for early elections, in consultation with relevant authorities including the Independent High Electoral Commission and the United Nations and according to constitutional mechanisms and laws in force, and I pledge to protect the electoral process and stand against any interference that may affect the integrity, integrity, and transparency Its results and in what restores the public's confidence in it. "

He also said, "I also affirm the commitment to provide the greatest amount of job opportunities to citizens by starting development, industrial, production and housing projects, and creating an investment renaissance and laying the foundations for changing the rentier economy approach to an investment economy away from full dependence on oil resources."

"I pledge to work hard to combat rampant corruption and ensure that economic committees dissolve political and other factions, and refer corruption files without delay to the judiciary," Allawi added.

He also pledged "to achieve security and safety for all people and to confine arms to the state, and that there is no authority above the rule of law. I pledge to protect peaceful demonstrators, release innocent detainees in accordance with the constitution and the law, and coordinate with the judiciary, refrain from using live ammunition, and prohibit the misuse of non-lethal weapons such as liquefied gas canisters." To tears. "

He also said, "I also pledge to protect Iraq from any external interference and I am working to not allow Iraq to be an arena for settling accounts and conflicts, hoping in this regard from the international and regional community that it will be of assistance to Iraq at this sensitive stage, given that the security of Iraq is among the security of the region and the entire world in particular, and we do not We are still facing an enemy that is waiting for us, which is terrorism. Iraq must restore its positive and neutral role in achieving stability for the region and the world. "

He continued, "I pledge to submit a periodic report to the Iraqi people through the House of Representatives on the progress of the government or the challenges it faces."

Allawi called for "launching an immediate dialogue with peaceful demonstrators to work to achieve their legitimate demands in accordance with the constitution and the law, and I will personally supervise this dialogue."

He concluded his speech by saying, "I wish my sons and daughters from the Iraqi people to be of assistance and support to me after relying on God Almighty to resolve the country's crises and bring him to safety."

Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 1

%D8%AB%D9%82%D8%AB%D8%B3%D8%A8%D8%AB%D8%

Al-Ahed News publishes the text of the speech assigned to the functions of the President of the Transitional Government, "Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi"

63e7e91dbb374f8a595a45e0d73f3ebe?s=26&r= Author: AhadNA4 In 1/2/2020 - 10:33 PM 13

https://alahadnews.net/?p=16821

In the name of of Allah the Merciful

Say work soon will Allah observe your work and His Messenger and the believers.

Peace, mercy and blessings of God

Ladies and gentlemen

With honor and a high sense of responsibility, I proudly receive my assignment as Prime Minister of Iraq for the next period.

I extend my sincere thanks to His Excellency the President of the Republic, Dr. Barham Salih, and to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Muhammad Al-Halbousi, and to the representatives, parliamentary forces, activists, unions, and all the brothers who put their faith in us and made unremitting efforts to serve the country through my assignment to this task.

I extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to the rational authority for its patriarchal and guiding role for all of our dear compatriots, as well as all spiritual forces, especially in this crucial phase of Iraqi history ..

I salute with appreciation and honor the martyrs of the peaceful demonstrators who fell in the demonstration plaza and demanded reform, and I salute with them the martyrs of our security forces who sacrificed their lives in defense of the right to demonstrate and the safety of the demonstrators, all hope and determination that we deny the fine blood its right by seriously initiating the building of the state of citizenship and institutions of justice and freedom Well-being and peace ..

This commission places on me a great historical responsibility,

So I pledge to God and I pledge to the generous Iraqi people that I seek all the possibilities I possess to serve this country and I promise them that the blood of the martyrs from the demonstrators and the security forces will not be in vain, and the aggressors and criminals will be held accountable and submit to the judiciary to obtain their just punishment.

The weapon of the state will not be carried against the people, the weapon of the state to protect the people, maintain borders, and promote national dignity.

I stress here the keenness to follow the files of investigating the events of the demonstrations and holding those responsible for violence against peaceful demonstrators and against the security forces and those who caused sabotage and destruction of public and private property accountable.

I pledge, God willing, and your support to form a government away from sectarian, partisan, and narrow sectional quotas and to represent all different sects and cultures of Iraqis, and I commit to involve the most talented of our people in the formation of the government.

I pledge to the people that I do not accept the imposition of any candidate by the political forces, and if they are subjected to pressure, I will expressly declare that clearly.

I emphasize the keenness to form an advisory team in the Prime Minister's office with the participation of representatives from the movement of peaceful demonstrators, and here I refer to the need for the peaceful demonstration in support of reform to continue until legitimate demands are met and the state undertakes serious reform work already.

I pledge to work diligently to prepare for early elections, in consultation with relevant authorities including the Independent High Electoral Commission and the United Nations and according to constitutional mechanisms and laws in force, and I pledge to protect the electoral process and stand against any interference that might affect the integrity, fairness, and transparency of its results and to restore public confidence in them .

I also affirm the commitment to provide the greatest amount of job opportunities to citizens by starting development, industrial, production and housing projects, and creating an investment renaissance and laying the foundations for changing the rentier economy approach to an investment economy away from full dependence on oil resources.

I pledge to work hard to combat rampant corruption and ensure that economic commissions dissolve political and other factions, and to refer corruption files without delay to the judiciary.

I pledge to achieve security and safety for all the people, to confine arms to the state, and that there is no authority above the rule of law, and I pledge to protect peaceful demonstrators, release innocent detainees in accordance with the constitution and the law, and coordinate with the judiciary, refrain from using live ammunition, and prohibit the misuse of non-lethal weapons such as tear gas canisters.

I also pledge to protect Iraq from any external interference and I am working to not allow Iraq to be an arena for settling accounts and conflicts, hoping in this regard from the international and regional community that it will be of assistance to Iraq at this sensitive stage, given that the security of Iraq is among the security of the region and the entire world in particular, and we are still facing An enemy waiting for us, which is terrorism. Iraq must restore its positive and neutral role in achieving stability for the region and the world.

I pledge to submit a periodic report to the Iraqi people through the House of Representatives on the progress of the government or the challenges it faces.

I also call for an immediate dialogue with peaceful demonstrators to work to achieve their legitimate demands in accordance with the constitution and the law, and I will personally supervise this dialogue.

I hope that my sons and daughters from the Iraqi people will be of assistance and support to me after relying on God Almighty to resolve the country's crises and bring him to safety.

May God have mercy on the martyrs of Iraq and our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Iraq lived free and master.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

Al-Halbousi receives the Prime Minister-designate

Political | 10:43 - 02/01/2020

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=84428

19122020_C662E09B-DFF5-4AA5-980F-FC39C53466A0.jpg.da64f34f714af4f92a4e7e8bed4c1a22.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News 

Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi received Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi. 
A statement of Al-Halbousi's office stated that "during the meeting, it was stressed the necessity of forming a government that adopts the reform steps and sets a realistic government program that meets the aspirations of the Iraqi people." is over

Let’s get this party started!!!

:cigar:

• Upvote 1

political deal sponsored by Iran" .. What do Iraqi activists say about assigning Allawi?

Iraqi university students organize demonstrations calling for early elections

February 02, 2020

Iraqi university students organize demonstrations calling for early elections

After a long wait and a barrage of leaks, the Iraqi President, Barham Salih, cut doubt on the certainty, to announce Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, as the designated president to form the new government in the country.

The official announcement of the name of the Prime Minister of Iraq came after several leaks of the names of candidates, which Iraqi experts said were intended to "test the pulse of the street" about.

ON THE LINK

Allawi pledges to confine arms to the state and hold the protesters' killers accountable

Two weeks before the official announcement, there were many leaks in the political and media corridors around names, one of whom was said to be the next Iraqi prime minister. Most notable were Mustafa al-Kazemi, the director of Iraqi intelligence, and Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, the former communications minister.

But the question that arose after announcing the name of the assigned president is about the opinion of the street, and will it give protesters an opportunity to form a government that meets their demands, or will the mandate complicate matters further?

Rejected demonstrations

The new Prime Minister, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, appeared in his televised speech at the moment of his appointment, truce and seeking to sympathize the demonstrators in the street, stressing that he "will return to the demonstrators in the event of some pressure."

But the Iraqi street had another response on the ground, as hundreds of demonstrations rallied a few hours after his appointment, rejecting him and any name from the current or previous political class.

ON THE LINK

Protest against Allawi's mandate ... demonstrations and blocking roads in several Iraqi cities

Today, Sunday, hundreds of demonstrators in several Iraqi cities went out to express their refusal to name a former minister to form the government at a time when the protesters were calling for someone from outside the current and past political names.

A name associated with a corruption file

Hassan Rajab, one of the protesting activists in Baghdad, told Al-Hurra that the movement had expressed more than once, the moment his name was leaked among the candidates, that it was "totally rejected", as it was linked to corruption files, headed by a bribe file from a telecommunications company.

He pointed out that the movement was from the beginning confirming one idea, which is "rejecting any person who is assigned and who is from the current or previous political class or from sectarian and partisan quotas."

ON THE LINK

"Independent in the manner of Abdul-Mahdi" .. Who is the designated Prime Minister of Iraq?

Regarding the alternatives presented by the demonstrators, he said that if the current authority "wants to solve the problem permanently, it only has to hand over power to the masses, 80 percent of which refused to participate in the 2018 legislative elections ."

The activist added, "To date, the parties in power have not understood the psychology of the uprising Iraqi masses, despite their reliance on foreign experts specialized to get them out of the crisis, and the evidence for these words is the failure of these parties to break out of the impasse in which they put themselves, after the uprising of the masses in the beginning of October."

Continued escalation

On the scenarios open to the demonstrators after the nomination of "an unwanted name" on the street, Ahmed Al Marzouk, one of the most prominent activists of the movement, told Al-Hurra website that the scenario before the current situation is "to continue escalation and block the roads and pressure to nominate an efficient and non-controversial name, not From the previous or present political class. "

Al-Marzouk pointed out that nominating a name rejected by the street as prime minister "will further complicate the situation and aggravate it more than it was," explaining that "the current equation has become more difficult and more complex than before."

Accordingly, the activist stated, that the protesters "will move towards escalation further and will continue to block roads and civil disobedience," until what he calls "salvation from the current political class."

"The nomination of Allawi as a substitute for Adel Abdul Mahdi is part of a political deal sponsored by Iran, and it has nothing to do with meeting the protesters' demands," the activist said.

The problem is not in "Allawi"

On the other hand, the Iraqi civil activist, Muhammad Awad, believes in an interview with the "Al-Hurra" website that the problem in Iraq is not in the person of the Prime Minister, but in the political approach followed in the country since 2003, stressing that Iraq currently needs to change a systematic administration Governance, and the development of practical plans to address the country's crises.

On the nature of the reactions to the new Prime Minister's speech to the demonstrators, the activist said, that the circumstance necessitates waiting to know what will be achieved by the demonstrators, especially in the presence of a split in the political blocs regarding his appointment, and also in the street between the welcome, conservative and rejecting.

ON THE LINK

A former adviser to Barham Salih reveals details of assigning Allawi to head the Iraqi government

He stated that he "made promises close to the demands of the demonstrators, but the problem remains with the extent of the man's commitment to implementing these promises."

This, Allawi faces great challenges, most notably his pledge to form a government that is far from the faces of the well-known Iraqi political class, which raises questions about the seriousness of implementing this promise within a period of one month as required by the Iraqi constitution.

The demonstrators consider that Allawi is one of the "objections of the rejected political class", as well as his name being linked to a corruption case, related to "taking bribes to pass a deal from the government to a telecommunications company", when he assumed the Ministry of Communications.

Facebook comments

https://www.alhurra.com/a/صفقة-سياسية-ترعاها-إيران-ماذا-يقول-نشطاء-العراق-عن-تكليف-علاوي-/532060.html

• Upvote 1

Al-Issawi: Allawi is required to form a government away from quotas

AL-ISSAWI: ALLAWI IS REQUIRED TO FORM A GOVERNMENT AWAY FROM QUOTAS

Sunday, 2 February 2020 11:11 AM

SHARE THE ARTICLE:

Baghdad / NNC- Member of Parliament, Abboud Al-Issawi, confirmed that Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi is required to form a government far from the quota system.
Al-Issawi said in a statement to the Iraqi News Agency (INA), which was followed by "NNC", that "Allawi has experience managing the government in this difficult circumstance, saving the situation and forming a government that is far from the quota of parties and a professional one of the independent cadres of the country that depends on the country with them," pointing out that "The Prime Minister entrusted with great responsibilities for what requires him to be honest to maintain the prestige of the state and restore security and implement the demands of the demonstrators."
Al-Issawi added, "It requires the Prime Minister-designate to form a government of competence and to have a vision of how to maintain the continuation of the demonstrations because it gives him strength." He pointed out that "Allawi is worthy of the position because he has experience in management previously and has great responsibilities."
The President of the Republic, Dr. Barham Saleh, commissioned Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form the new government, and the Prime Minister-designate pledged to work diligently to hold early elections and confine arms to the state. He also pledged commitment to providing job opportunities for citizens, fighting corruption, resolving economic committees, and forming an advisory team in the Prime Minister’s office. Allawi, in his speech, is committed to engaging the competent in forming the government, rejecting the candidates of the political forces and forming a government that represents all spectrums, and is keen to continue investigating the events of the demonstrations.

https://nnciraq.com/23908/

• Thanks 1

A deputy in Fateh reveals two conditions that Allawi was obligated to, in exchange for the support of some blocs to assign him

12:41 - 02/02/2020

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%AD-1-696x435

The information / Baghdad ..

On Sunday, the deputy from the Al-Fateh Haneen Al-Qadu coalition revealed two conditions that Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi was obligated to, in exchange for the approval of some blocs to appoint him as prime minister of the next government, stressing that assigning Allawi at the current stage is a positive step despite the existence of some observations on him.

Qaddo said in a statement to "The Information", that "assigning Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to form the next government is a positive step, despite the presence of some comments on him from some political forces and the existence of a split between a supporter and a rejectionist in the arenas of the demonstration, but the stage requires us to support it."

He added, “Many discussions and meetings held by the political blocs with Allawi during the previous period, where some political blocs committed Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi to continue with the Iraqi-Chinese agreement and not to be subjected to the crowd and continue to support him as he represents a fundamental pillar of the national defense system.”

Qaddo pointed out that "the Al-Fateh coalition, especially its bloc, Badr Bloc, will be supportive to Allawi if he is faithful to implementing the demonstrators' constitutional demands and fighting corruption." Ended in / 25 pm

https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/02/02/453461/

• Thanks 1

02-02-2020 09:01 AM

Deputy: The current House of Representatives cannot make reforms. Early elections require the dissolution of Parliament

image.php?token=3f6a7e9cee060654452729cdc27ca56b&c=3659498&size=

Baghdad / news

Representative Sercot Shams El-Din stressed that the current parliament cannot implement serious reforms, noting that holding early elections requires dissolving the parliament.

Shams al-Din said in a tweet on "Twitter", that "as a deputy, I admit that under this parliament we cannot make serious reforms, it is not important."

"I fear that the blocs will not easily agree to hold early elections, because they require the dissolution of the parliament, which is decided by the parliamentarians themselves."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Abtan reveals that the Allawi government is not temporary and will control more than a quarter of a trillion dollars

01:52:14 PM Print1328

Abtan reveals that the Allawi government is not temporary and will control more than a quarter of a trillion dollars

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:

The former Minister of Youth and Sports, Abd Al-Hussein Abtan, confirmed today, Sunday, that the transitional government is not "temporary" and will continue for at least a year and a half, noting that it will deal with more than a quarter of a trillion dollars.

Abtan wrote a post on his official page on Facebook, followed by "Al-Ghad Press", saying, "I completely disagree with those who say that the government is temporary and has a duration of one year or less", noting that "the necessary preparations for holding the parliamentary elections are not completed in less than One and a half years (18 months). "

He added, "This means that the new government will deal with a budget for the years 2020 and 2021 that are no less than 260 billion dollars," stressing that "the people are waiting for serious steps to address many of the current problems, including fighting corruption, reducing unemployment and improving services."

He stressed that "the new government team must be competent and professional in dealing with crises facing Iraq and the people."

me_ga.php?id=3299

https://www.alghadpress.com//view.php?cat=233086

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2