Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Senate Impeachment Hearings

12 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Guess I was the author of this thread, which I believe has great importance....so I would like to call a time out on all the personal attacks.... they add nothing.....and frankly make those participating look childish.......CL

Yeah well CL it’s unfortunate if you are not a Trump supporter on this form you get named called all the time. It gets old. Best thing to do is not post I guess. In the long run it doesn’t matter. You believe what you believe And I believe what I believe. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

With that...let's get back on track.....the two hours by the Trump team were pretty well thought out.....

First of course the unfairness of the Congressional case and how it was put together....private testimony in the bunkers....no Trump witnesses allowed.....then only those who passed the sniff test called for the public hearing.

Second....The the case of Trumps people not responding to subpoenas....everyone has been led to believe that they didn't show claiming exective privilege.....which in itself would be legal....but the fact is Congressional committees don't have subpoena powers.....that power is enabled by a complete House vote......which never happened...Pelosi and Schiff messed that one up......

Third......No where in Schiffs diatribe was there any mention of the whistleblower.......Trumps defense brought that into the mix.....along with the evidence that Schiff had contact with him prior to the complaint being filed......the complaint that started this whole fiasco....it was mentioned that the whistleblower had worked for Biden.....and perhaps it would be of benefit to learn what his motives were in all of this....

Overall it was a very strong 2 hours for the right....straight to the point..... and the country gets a little additional rest from the circus.....

These are my thoughts.....hope you will share yours...     CL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Yeah well CL it’s unfortunate if you are not a Trump supporter on this form you get named called all the time. It gets old. Best thing to do is not post I guess. In the long run it doesn’t matter. You believe what you believe And I believe what I believe. 

The thing is the name calling doesn't solve any problems.....the whole country is caught up in this right now.

The division has been brewing for some time and I will say Trump and his name calling and mean tweets hasn't helped the situation....

Trump does seem to have a way of dialing it back.....something we could learn from......an example...."little rocket man".....became a "good guy" somehow......and to talks continue.......perhaps they'll work.....perhaps not...

So it is ok to disagree.....we all just need to do it respectfully.....and when there is common ground.....call it out......

The country is too great to have 2 party's at each others throat all the time......no one wins in that situation....   JMO

CL

• Upvote 2

What I really appreciate about this thread is it reveals the nature of the matters especially pertaining to the people and their perspectives, actions, and behaviors.

A peoples can not self govern themselves in a pluralistic environment where the observance of the singular basis for common ground is contravened to promote abuses expressly excluded by Rule Of Law. Peaceable assembly is a guarantee of Rule Of Law provided requisite personal self governance is observed.

As such, as unfortunate and as uncomfortable as it may be, call outs with relevant descriptors is necessary to prevent abridging common ground of observance, decency, and the basis of civil discourse. I find it refreshing the Honorable Supreme Court Of The United States Chief Justice John Roberts noting the call out in the Senate Chamber.

Good enough for the Senate Chamber so good enough to note the call outs HERE at DinarVets.

Lying, as one example, is a significant abridgement of the common ground of observance, decency, and the basis of civil discourse.

Overlooking wrong doing by some one due to any past or present notable position, as another example, promotes the expansion of corruption that becomes ubiquitous and defeats the prescriptives of Rule Of Law rendering Rule Of Law inoperative to varying degrees or becomes selectively applied due to ideological or political identification.

The nature of the Impeachment Proceedings and similar and associated practices in venues of social discourse is a rotting cancer that, if not confronted and dealt with to include the call outs, will spread to the detriment of all.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Trump Defense Team Makes 6 Key Points. “Not a single witness testified that the president himself said there was any connection between investigations and security assistance, a presidential meeting or anything else.” Even the Washington Post says "This is a valid point."

White House counsel Pat Cipollone told senators on Saturday that the Democratic Impeachment Managers “Didn’t talk a lot about the transcript of the call, which I would submit is the best evidence of what happened.”
He was referring to the transcript of Trump’s July 25, 2019 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Michael Purpura, the deputy White House counsel made the following 6 points:

1. “The transcript shows that the president did not condition either security assistance or a meeting on anything. The paused security assistance funds aren’t even mentioned on the call.” Trump never said Zelensky wasn’t getting a meeting without the investigation.

2. There was no mention of the aid during the call. Purpura said “President Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials have repeatedly said that there was no quid pro quo and no pressure on them to review anything.”
Zelensky, sitting with Trump in a meeting on Sept. 25, was asked if he felt pressure from Trump in the call. Zelensky said he hadn’t felt pushed. Trump quickly jumped on it: “In other words, no pressure.”
You can read the full article at the below link.

Karsten

• Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Well said Synopsis. I second that emotion. Oh yeah Smokey!!!

:twothumbs: Oh YEAH!!!, MD11Fr8Dawg, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

Image result for hold the line

The onslaught is upon us. Fortunately, WE have the success WITH the tactics of those who have gone before us!!!

The True The United States Of America Patriots WILL prevail!!!

The issue as well is the atrocities that have been committed world wide. As the legacy AND current Deep Do Do State is WIPED OUT, peace and prosperity will ensue.

The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump AND True The United States Of America Patriots AND World Wide Patriots ARE making THIS happen with ASTONISHING success!!!

Yeah, I'll stand AND be counted.

I cherish The United States Of America Service Men And Women both currently serving and veterans AND HOLD THEIR LIVES DEAR as well as earnestly desire peace and prosperity for others so inclined.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Karsten said:

Karsten

I would like to Thank You, Karsten, for bringing these exceptionally relevant, truthful, and accurate articles as well as posting Your undeniably impeccable assessments that set an admirable and high bar for ALL True The United States Of America Patriots.

ALL The Very Best To You, Karsten, AND Thank You, Again.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, nstoolman1 said:

Off topic

Why not take a rebuke such as the one above to a PM?

That way no one sees it but the offender/offended. 

Just a thought

Back to on topic 

I very much agree. But one has to be a paid member to receive PMs. And since it seems the non paying people seem to be running the show, what's one to do?

On 1/25/2020 at 2:12 PM, caddieman said:

Your right LGD I should have not said never. I do neg people who are name calling in their post. And post I think are totally wacko. I should have said I didn’t neg all your posts

So since you want to call people out by abusing your power as A Mod on this form. Let’s get it all out. You my friend went on my profile and went back to posts I made 9 years ago and gave me 10 negs in less than a minute just to get my neg count up. You sir are a disgrace to the rest of the Moderators on this form. I have no respect for you the way you break form rules all the time and use semantics of the English language to hide your meaning. How about this you don’t reply to me and I won’t reply to you. Or you can just abuse your power and ban me.

I thank you for your candor. Please accept my apologies. 

On 1/25/2020 at 2:24 PM, coorslite21 said:

Guess I was the author of this thread, which I believe has great importance....so I would like to call a time out on all the personal attacks.... they add nothing.....and frankly make those participating look childish.......CL

Sorry to bother you and derail your thread Prof. It won't ever happen again. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

It's actually a mistake that I see who does what. Other Mods don't see what I do. Only Adam is supposed to. However, Don't be upset with me. I simply can't stand liars, and as caddieman has confessed I wasn't wrong. Nevertheless, it's clear that most of the people who post here desire me to never say anything. It's working, though I've spent thousands of dollars supporting this site it's becoming more clearer every day that is irrelevant to the powers that be. The leftist seem to have control. Even Master Yota's given way to a silly jealous clown and his Texas sidekick. So hate me all you like, you're still in my prayers. That you can't stop. 

I very much agree. But one has to be a paid member to receive PMs. And since it seems the non paying people seem to be running the show, what's one to do?

I thank you for your candor. Please accept my apologies. 

Sorry to bother you and derail your thread Prof. It won't ever happen again. 

You do what ever you wish....just looking for civility an substance.....from everyone......including myself....   CL

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Nevertheless, it's clear that most of the people who post here desire me to never say anything. It's working, though I've spent thousands of dollars supporting this site it's becoming more clearer every day that is irrelevant to the powers that be. The leftist seem to have control.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

They do NOT!!!

Please consider the noted tactic insidiously introduced into common modes of interaction:

It is by NO means wrong to say or do WHATEVER one wants whereas COMPLETELY unacceptable to confront another for saying or doing WHATEVER THEY want THAT is in direct and obvious conflict with the Founding Principles of THIS Great Nation constructed and applied for PEACEABLE and SUSTAINABLE social interactions.

Respectfully, do You see what is happening here?

The "sensitive" "pettifoggers" WITH THEIR "likewise" "petulant" "practices" seek to shame AND silence others who Stand As A The United States Of America Patriot ALL the while despising the VERY FOUNDATION of THIS Great Nation thereby seeking to circumvent the continuance and posterity of THIS Great Nation.

The True The United States Of America Patriot and Mature practice is to note and confront "sensitive" "pettifoggers" who, obviously, have been given over to Dr. Spock child hood development corruption and, in so doing, have been protected to practice a life of exceptionally self centered AND childish outlandish behaviors of which THEY cast on OTHERS as an UNDENIABLE right while ENTIRELY unacceptable.

True The United States Of America Patriots DO NOT DO OR ACCEPT THE "sensitive" "pettifogger" "behaviors" AND "practices" SINCE "sensitive" "pettifoggers"SEEK TO CONTROL, SHAME, AND SILENCE True The United States Of America Patriots.

Ain't going to happen.

:shakehead:   :shakehead:   :shakehead:

I'll Stand With You, LadyGrace'sDaddy, AND Get Your Six As A True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

Carry ON My Good Man, LadyGrace'sDaddy!!!

:salute: !!!LadyGrace'sDaddy!!! :salute:

The same goes from MY (NOTE: MY) intent for OTHER True The United States Of America Patriots.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

'Case closed': Mark Levin shows how White House can rebut articles of impeachment in under 2 minutes

'Case Closed': Mark Levin shows how White House can rebut articles of impeachment in under 2 minutes

'Case Closed': Mark Levin shows how White House can rebut articles of impeachment in under 2 minutes

Mark Levin said the White House's legal team can successfully rebut House Democrats' impeachment allegations without using up anywhere close to the 24 total hours required by President Trump's accusers.

During this week's "Life, Liberty & Levin" -- airing at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday -- Levin said Democrats still have no first-hand witnesses to President Trump's July 25 Ukraine phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky who can make their case.

At the same time, a number of the witnesses Schiff called before the House Intelligence Committee last year actually make Trump's case -- that there was no "quid pro quo" ordered and that he did nothing wrong. The host added that prominent testimony from November is missing from the opening arguments by Schiff's team.

In one clip played by Levin, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., grilled former Trump adviser Timothy Morrison and Ambassador Kurt Volker as to whether they had any evidence of a "quid pro quo" or "bribery."

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

ABC'S GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS CUTS SHORT TRUMP LAWYER'S Q&A WITH THROAT-SLASH GESTURE

"No, ma'am," both men responded. "Not that I can recall," Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman later testified in response to a related question from the counsel for Schiff's committee.

Rep. Mike Turner, R-Ohio., asked a similar question of Volker, receiving the same response.

Levin noted how Republican counsel Stephen Castor asked U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland about the presence of a "quid pro quo," as alleged by Schiff.

"He said, 'I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo,'" Sondland responded firmly.

In another clip, Trump Undersecretary of State David Hale also told Stefanik that he had "no direct knowledge of nefarious motivations to withhold aid to Ukraine."

MARK LEVIN: SCHIFF, NADLER ARE INTERFERING WITH A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

Some of the witnesses from earlier clips were seen in a final video Levin played that showed them appearing unable to firmly testify to Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, that there was any "impeachable offense" committed by Trump in the course of the Zelensky phone call.

"You won't see any of that video -- not on the Democrat side," said Levin, who added. "That was a minute, ten-seconds [of video] -- I don't need 24 hours [like Schiff] ... I don't need three days."

"Case closed!" he continued. "What are these other witnesses going to tell them?"

Levin recalled that Democrats have repeatedly claimed there is outstanding, yet unseen documentation that proves Trump committed a high crime or misdemeanor. However, they have not presented anything to that extent.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

He claimed Schiff and his team have had to "cobble together" their case from little pieces before calling them "demagogues and propagandists."

Democrats and the left-wing media, Levin added -- citing The New York Times, among others -- have called for Trump's impeachment since before he even took office.

"[T]heir DNA is all over their crooked, corrupt practices," the former Reagan Justice Department official said. "That's why it's absolutely outrageous."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

AP source: Bolton says Trump tied Ukraine funds to probe

ZEKE MILLER and ERIC TUCKER  Associated PressJanuary 26, 2020

5e2ec9f369e6c5301c2bb55a_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said he wanted to maintain a freeze on military assistance to Ukraine until it aided political investigations into his Democratic rivals, former national security adviser John Bolton recounts in a draft of his forthcoming book.

The revelation challenges the defense offered up by Trump and his attorneys in his Senate impeachment trial and raises the stakes as the chamber decides this week whether to seek sworn testimony from Bolton and other witnesses.

Bolton's account was first reported by The New York Times and confirmed to The Associated Press by a person familiar with the manuscript on the condition of anonymity to discuss the book, “The Room Where It Happened; A White House Memoir," ahead of its release March 17.

Bolton, who acrimoniously left the White House a day before Trump ultimately released the Ukraine aid on Sept. 11, has already told lawmakers that he is willing to testify, despite the president's order barring aides from cooperating in the probe.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment Sunday night. Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, who has played a prominent role in the Ukraine affair, replied to a request for comment with a text: “I used to like and respect John and tell people they were wrong about how irresponsible he was. I was wrong.”

Democrats need at least four Republicans to vote with them to seek witness testimony. Those prospects looked unlikely in recent days and it's unclear if the new revelations about Bolton's book will sway any GOP senators.

Democrats quickly sought to ramp up the pressure on their Republican counterparts. The House managers called the book’s revelation “explosive” in a joint statement and said, “Senators should insist that Mr. Bolton be called as a witness, and provide his notes and other relevant documents.” They added: “During our impeachment inquiry, the President blocked our request for Mr. Bolton’s testimony. Now we see why.”

“John Bolton has the evidence,” tweeted Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. “It’s up to four Senate Republicans to ensure that John Bolton, Mick Mulvaney, and the others with direct knowledge of President Trump’s actions testify in the Senate trial.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell had no immediate comment, according to his office.

The book's publisher, Simon & Schuster, declined to comment.

Sarah Tinsley, an adviser to Bolton, said: “The ambassador's manuscript was transmitted to the White House in hard copy several weeks ago for pre-publication review by the NSC. The ambassador has not passed the draft manuscript to anyone else. Period.”

The pre-publication review is standard for the work of former officials with security clearances.

Bolton attorney Charles J. Cooper sharply criticized the White House for allowing excerpts from the book to be made public, saying in a statement that the pre-publication review process had been “corrupted and that information has been disclosed by persons other than those properly involved in reviewing the manuscript.”

Democrats accuse Trump of abuse of power in withholding the military assistance to Ukraine to push that country to mount investigations into Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who served on the board of a Ukraine gas company, Burisma, while his father was in office.

On Saturday, the president's attorneys said during their opening day of defense arguments that there was no evidence that Trump made the military aid contingent on the country announcing an investigation into Biden.

The Times also reported that Bolton says he told Attorney General William Barr that he was mentioned by Trump on his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. A Justice Department official on Sunday disputed Bolton’s account that he had told Barr about the president’s call with Zelenskiy but did say that Bolton had called Barr to raise concerns about Giuliani’s shadow diplomacy efforts.

Trump on Wednesday told reporters in Davos, Switzerland, that he didn't want Bolton to testify before the Senate.

“The problem with John is it’s a national security problem," Trump said. “He knows some of my thoughts. He knows what I think about leaders. What happens if he reveals what I think about a certain leader and it’s not very positive and then I have to deal on behalf of the country?”

He added: “It's going to be very hard. It's going to make the job very hard.”

https://news.yahoo.com/report-bolton-says-trump-tied-004225755.html

Before anybody brings it up.....I preemptively fail to see how letting out your biggest secret helps sell books.....it does exactly the opposite in my view, as there's no point in reading the book now.  We'll see if this oddly timed information washes the yellow streak from the backs of GOP senators afraid of Trump's "head on a pike" threat.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

On 1/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, coorslite21 said:

That's probably fair......90% owned by just 6 corporations....but the big names usually start small....with some honesty and integrity....CL

I get it....as an example, I should have gave Hyundai a chance in '89, rather than stick with Ford or Chevy.  Who knew?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Before anybody brings it up.....I preemptively fail to see how letting out your biggest secret helps sell books.....it does exactly the opposite in my view, as there's no point in reading the book now.  We'll see if this oddly timed information washes the yellow streak from the backs of GOP senators afraid of Trump's "head on a pike" threat.

If it was only about selling books, he would have praised Trump... Trump's followers would have bought them hand over fist. Look at Jr.'s book it sold millions to party members.... Now Trump will say Bolton, Who's Bolton I don't know the guy.... LOL

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

If it was only about selling books, he would have praised Trump... Trump's followers would have bought them hand over fist. Look at Jr.'s book it sold millions to party members.... Now Trump will say Bolton, Who's Bolton I don't know the guy.... LOL

B/A

I'm just bringing an article to the thread.....I'm going to do my best to comply with CL's wishes and tone down the rhetoric toward Trump's supporters.....Just info and my none personal opinions from me, in this thread.....I can be PC if I really put my mind to it.  :D

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Not sure if the aid was with held for a period of time or not.......it wouldn't be the first time......think of the aid with held from Mexico and the Central American Countries.....with held with the intent to stop the caravans....that seems to have worked......Economic sanctions seem to work as well....even though others may look at sanctions as economic terrorism.......they work...

Bottom line is.......what was the crime?.......Is there enough evidence to illustrate that crime was severe enough to remove a sitting President.....?

Ukraine received the funds......America's National Security was never in peril.....Ukraine has a better Military defense system than ever before......and somehow.....comedian turned politician, Zelinsky, has a cease fire/peace treaty in place with Putin.

So let's throw the President out of office?

We have the transcript....we don't have the facts on the whistleblower and his association with Schiff....

I just don't see any of this as impeachable.

JMO.  CL

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Not sure if the aid was with held for a period of time or not.......it wouldn't be the first time......think of the aid with held from Mexico and the Central American Countries.....with held with the intent to stop the caravans....that seems to have worked......Economic sanctions seem to work as well....even though others may look at sanctions as economic terrorism.......they work...

Bottom line is.......what was the crime?.......Is there enough evidence to illustrate that crime was severe enough to remove a sitting President.....?

Ukraine received the funds......America's National Security was never in peril.....Ukraine has a better Military defense system than ever before......and somehow.....comedian turned politician, Zelinsky, has a cease fire/peace treaty in place with Putin.

So let's throw the President out of office?

We have the transcript....we don't have the facts on the whistleblower and his association with Schiff....

I just don't see any of this as impeachable.

JMO.  CL

Hopefully Bolton and others will get a chance to shed light on some of those concerns, as the vast majority of Americans polled confirm (Most Recent Fox News Poll link below).   Again, I'm no constitutional scholar, even one that flip flops on his stance, but pretty sure a pOTUS seeking help from a foreign government to investigate a political rival in our domestic politics is strictly forbidden, exactly what the framers were hoping to avoid for the future of our republic.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/01/26/trump-impeachment-fox-news-poll/4581020002/

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1