Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lev Parnas Implicates Trump On Eve Of Senate Impeachment Trial

Lev Parnas implicates Trump on the eve of Senate impeachment trial

David Knowles
January 15, 2020, 9:56 PM EST

2390d8f0-0596-11ea-96df-76bdcaccfb00

Lev Parnas, a key player in President Trump’s efforts to obtain a Ukrainian investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, gave a bombshell interview to MSNBC Wednesday that undercut the president’s defense just hours before the Senate was scheduled to begin his impeachment trial.

“It was all about Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and also Rudy had a personal thing with the Manafort stuff,” Parnas said of the efforts to convince Ukraine’s government to announce an investigation of the Bidens, “but it was never about corruption, it was strictly about Burisma, which included Hunter Biden and Joe Biden.”

Lev Parnas arriving at court in New York City, Dec. 2, 2019. (Photo: Seth Wenig/AP)
Lev Parnas arriving at court in New York City, Dec. 2, 2019. (Photo: Seth Wenig/AP)

Parnas, a Soviet-born U.S. citizen who has been indicted by the Southern District of New York on campaign finance violations, turned over notes, text messages and other information to House investigators Wednesday. In his interview with Rachel Maddow, Parnas, who sat beside his lawyer, said he came forward because “I want to get the truth out because I think it’s important to the country, it’s important to me.”

Trump has sought to distance himself from Parnas and Igor Fruman, both of whom worked with Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer, on the efforts to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce an investigation of the Bidens, and on the campaign to oust U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

“I don’t know those gentlemen,” Trump said in October about Parnas and Fruman, despite the fact that the men had been photographed together numerous times.

“He lied,” Parnas said, adding, “He knew exactly who we were.”

Parnas said the president was fully aware that he was working with Giuliani to secure Zelensky’s cooperation in an effort to tarnish the reputation of Biden, the leading Democratic candidate to run against Trump this year.

Lev Parnas on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow show on January 15, 2020. (Photo: Kelli R. Grant/Yahoo News)
Lev Parnas on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow show on January 15, 2020. (Photo: Kelli R. Grant/Yahoo News)

"Trump knew exactly what was going on,” Parnas said, adding he “wouldn't do anything without consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.”

Maddow asked Parnas about a handwritten note made during a phone conversation with Giuliani that he turned over to House investigators that included the line: “get Zalensky [sic] to announce that the Biden case will be investigated.”

“That was always the main objective," Parnas said of Trump’s motive for pressuring Ukraine’s government.

Parnas and Fruman, who has also been indicted, were given access to Ukrainian officials that Parnas, a Florida businessman with no diplomatic credentials or official post, said he would not have received otherwise.

"Why would President Zelensky’s inner circle, or Minister Avakov, or all these people, or President Poroshenko, meet with me?” Parnas told Maddow. “Who am I? They were told to meet with me. And that’s the secret that they’re trying to keep. I was on the ground doing their work.”

Parnas also said the Trump administration’s attempts to convince Ukraine to announce an investigation of the Bidens extended to Vice President Mike Pence.

Pence canceled his planned attendance at Zelensky’s inauguration as a way to further pressure him, Parnas said.

On his efforts with Giuliani to have Yovanovitch removed from office because she was not sufficiently supportive of Trump and was impeding efforts to secure the promise of an investigation into the Bidens, Parnas expressed regret.

“I don’t believe Ambassador Yovanovitch badmouthed Trump, and I want to apologize to her,” Parnas said.

The materials turned over to the House this week included text messages Parnas exchanged with a Trump campaign hanger-on named Robert Hyde. The messages referenced efforts to oust Yovanovitch, who was viewed as an obstacle to the deal Giuliani hoped to strike with Ukraine. Some of the messages had what appeared to be sinister overtones, implying that Yovanovitch was being followed and might be in danger, but Parnas downplayed that possibility to Maddow, saying he was only stringing Hyde along.

Parnas also told Maddow that Attorney General William Barr was aware of the efforts launched by Trump and Giuliani to discredit the Mueller investigation and procure an investigation of the Bidens.

“Mr. Barr had to have known everything," Parnas said, adding that he was in the room when Giuliani and others spoke with the attorney general.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lev-parnas-implicates-trump-on-the-eve-of-senate-impeachment-trial-025646046.html

Parnas is certainly a man of questionable character, and therefore he must be scrutinized to the fullest.  However, when compared to a man like Trump who defrauded his own charitable foundation to line his pockets, Parnas' truthfulness carries about the same weight as Donald's.....so it's a wash, really.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Not sure you're comparing apples to apples......Trump is the elected President of the US......Parnas?.....I posted his history in a like thread.....

Your accusation on Trump defrauding his own non profit for personal gain......which one?

Trump Foundation.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-his-foundation-were-just-forced-admit-their-fraud-now-ncna1081906

As well as the Trump University fraud.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/federal-court-approves-25-million-trump-university-settlement-n845181

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Looks pretty sound....thanks for the links....    CL

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Why on earth Rudy, Trump's personal attorney, once proudly known as America's Mayor, would choose to surround himself with Parnas types is confounding.  The only reason to consort with nefarious types is to commit nefarious crimes.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

A great point......My guess would be if you're trying to investigate corruption in a corrupt country......those in the know,  would be the low lifes....

JMO.    CL 

• Upvote 1

Shabs, the Trump University thing is OLD news . It also occured prior to Trump being elected to the office of the POTUS.  STOP CONFLATING and berating. He is our POTUS , like him or not. Don't like him , vote him out . If he gets re-elected like him or not , pray for him . Enjoy the prosperity he has and is bringing to the US , Canada, and Mexico. At least once the USMCA deal is forwarded out of the obstructing Congress. Impeached for abuse of power and obstrjction of Congress because he exercised his legal Executive Priviledge Rights, indeed ! Haven't both cases been resolved ? I know one has. Old news.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

A great point......My guess would be if you're trying to investigate corruption in a corrupt country......those in the know,  would be the low lifes....

JMO.    CL 

Except Rudy claimed to be working for Trump, the private citizen, not the United States government....therefore, corruption would be a misnomer.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Shabs, the Trump University thing is OLD news . It also occured prior to Trump being elected to the office of the POTUS.  STOP CONFLATING and berating. He is our POTUS , like him or not. Don't like him , vote him out . If he gets re-elected like him or not , pray for him . Enjoy the prosperity he has and is bringing to the US , Canada, and Mexico. At least once the USMCA deal is forwarded out of the obstructing Congress. Impeached for abuse of power and obstrjction of Congress because he exercised his legal Executive Priviledge Rights, indeed !

Trump University is old news....it's also example of Trump's character.  There's enough credibility issues to go around, Trump's included.  That's the point I'm making.  Trump doesn't get a pass because he's pOTUS....in fact, the scrutiny of his character and credibility is far more important than any other leader in the world.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

Did you really have no idea Trump was forced to pay millions in restitution in both cases?  

GO RV, then BV

I had read about the University....and no effort at excuses.....with the vast diversity of investments and holdings I wonder how 1 person can track it all...

My experience in business is you as a manager are only as good as those you have working around you.....it doesn't take much to screw up the balance.....and try as you may.....you don't always make the right hire.......in the Trump empire we're talking 10's of thousands to ride herd on....

And still.....the buck always stops at the top....     CL

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Except Rudy claimed to be working for Trump, the private citizen, not the United States government....therefore, corruption would be a misnomer.

GO RV, then BV

No reason any Attorney can't work for any individual.....any where.......Rudy didn't misrepresent his position.....his intention was to protect his client ....who happens to be the President....protect him from being falsely set up by his political opponents......who coincidentally are guilty of what they were accusing him of doing...    CL

7 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Except the Steel dossier had some input from Ukrainian sources, and that dossier was used against citizen Trump by the FBI to spy on him and others. So it makes perfect sense for a private citizen to check on sources used against a private citizen. 

Are you saying Rudy was using Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens on Trump's behalf?

GO RV, theN BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

3 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

No reason any Attorney can't work for any individual.....any where.......Rudy didn't misrepresent his position.....his intention was to protect his client ....who happens to be the President....protect him from being falsely set up by his political opponents......who coincidentally are guilty of what they were accusing him of doing...    CL

Again, I hope that's one the defenses they roll out. 

GO RV, then BV

Shabs his past character is unimportant . Established by WJC weed smoking. I still don't believed he didn't inhale. It is the POTUS character while in office that matters ! Are you saying that a signed deal with China to end abusive trade practices, currency manipulation, a actual opening of China's market to US made goods, stopping the loss of intellectual property,  or the loss of 500 billion usd annually on trade imbalances is negative ? How about the projected benefits to Canada, Mexico, and the US  in a mutually beneficial trade agreement. Or the lowest unemployment rate amongst all racial categories since what 1970 or 1950 ? GDP of 3.5 % possibly 4% with the application of the new China trade deal . A GDP rate Pres Obama said would never be seen in America again, so get use to that America.  This is the character test of a President. Do they actually do what they say they will do in office. Ok, the Impeachment is the Grand Jury that found enough evidence to go to TRIAL . If based on the evidence the Congress forwarded to the Senate for trial, under the control of Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. If Trump is found innocent of the charges then what ? Will the House now say that double jeopardy rules do not apply to Trump .

Edited by new york kevin
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Are you saying Rudy was using Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens on Trump's behalf?

GO RV, theN BV

Bidens were not mentioned in the Steel dossier. 

This crime was perpetrated on Citizen Trump and continued on President Trump. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Shabs his past character is unimportant . Established by WJC weed smoking. I still don't believed he didn't inhale. It is the POTUS character while in office that matters ! Are you saying that a signed deal with China to end abusive trade practices, currency manipulation, a actual opening of China's market to US made goods, stopping the loss of intellectual property,  or the loss of 500 billion usd annually on trade imbalances is negative ? How about the projected benefits to Canada, Mexico, and the US  in a mutually beneficial trade agreement. Or the lowest unemployment rate amongst all racial categories since what 1970 or 1950 ? GDP of 3.5 % possibly 4% with the application of the new China trade deal . A GDP rate Pres Obama said would never be seen in America again, so get use to that America.  This is the character test of a President. Do they actually do what they say they will do in office.

The economy is indeed rocking.  I dig it, just like everybody else....of course, I'm not a farmer who may have lost his farm, but I digress.  Trump turned a steadily rising economy on blast and that's a good thing.  But the rule of law is still the rule of law, and it's not trumped by a robust economy.  Character matters, at least for me, it does.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Shabs his past character is unimportant . Established by WJC weed smoking. I still don't believed he didn't inhale. It is the POTUS character while in office that matters ! Are you saying that a signed deal with China to end abusive trade practices, currency manipulation, a actual opening of China's market to US made goods, stopping the loss of intellectual property,  or the loss of 500 billion usd annually on trade imbalances is negative ? How about the projected benefits to Canada, Mexico, and the US  in a mutually beneficial trade agreement. Or the lowest unemployment rate amongst all racial categories since what 1970 or 1950 ? GDP of 3.5 % possibly 4% with the application of the new China trade deal . A GDP rate Pres Obama said would never be seen in America again, so get use to that America.  This is the character test of a President. Do they actually do what they say they will do in office.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, theN BV

Rudy was only looking for the truth.....seems he found it....and the Ambassador....Biden, Pelosi, and Kerry families will all feel the effects of the truth.....

Just the facts.  CL

Shabs you mean the Bidens were not mentioned in the fabricated fictional writings of the Steele dossier . The paper that was written by Russians,  funneled thru the Ukraine,  sent to HRC and the DNC  cus they paid for it. Then sent to four different venues , who sent it into the FBI or DOJ to launder its connection to the HRC DNC campaign efforts. Then used to spy on private US citizens based on fake info. That Steele dossier ? Is the Biden issue going to be in the dlDurham Report.  Maybe !!! What will be in the report I pray is the irrefutable evidence that connects all Steele dossier parties to the body of work. Outlines the DS conspiracies , and the crimes all are guilty of. If that and charges come out in June. That aughta shatter all trust the Dems and DNC had with most voting citizens in the US. God willing the Repubs will then gain the House back. Keep the Senate and WH. The added plus is that Nancy's impeachment delay will also pull Bidens DNC Senate competators off the Presidential campaign trail. Clearing the way for "her" candidate to secure the nomination. Thus insuring a Trump re-election. Thank you very much. JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Rudy was only looking for the truth.....seems he found it....and the Ambassador....Biden, Pelosi, and Kerry families will all feel the effects of the truth.....

Just the facts.  CL

Yep. I wonder when Kerry will get arrested for violating the Logan act when he unilaterally  conspired with a foreign power ... Iran ... , and conducted what is a unauthorised negotiation with a foreign power. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1