Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President Trump, just said on FOX News that the United States has 35 billion dollars of Iraq’s money in the bank in the USA right now! That is enough in my opinion to cover everyone who invested in that country from the USA! Why can’t we do a 1to 1 exchange right now? JMHO 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, GregHi said:

Aritech, Steve, what was the discussion about? Why did he tell everybody that? In what context? Just curious..

He was being interviewed by Laura Ingraham show. I have the show recorded I’m going back and listen to it again. They were talking about the AFB in Iraq ! He said in private the GOI doesn’t want the US out, he made the statement if we leave they are paying us back the money for the base and the embassy! He just made statement that we have 53 million dollars of their money in our bank, if they force us out of Iraq they are not going to get the money! Something to that effect. I was thinking then we who invested in Iraq should get our money back 1 to1. Me myself and I think we should be protected since we bought into this on good faith after Bush made this investment possible! 🤠! That’s the way I think it went last night! 

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Artitech said:

He was being interviewed by Laura Ingraham show. I have the show recorded I’m going back and listen to it again. They were talking about the AFB in Iraq ! He said in private the GOI doesn’t want the US out, he made the statement if we leave they are paying us back the money for the base and the embassy! He just made statement that we have 53 million dollars of their money in our bank, if they force us out of Iraq they are not going to get the money! Something to that effect. I was thinking then we who invested in Iraq should get our money back 1 to1. Me myself and I think we should be protected since we bought into this on good faith after Bush made this investment possible! 🤠! That’s the way I think it went last night! 

Vote for 3.22 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Artitech said:

Thanks Airitech.. He said 53 “Billion” correct?

• Thanks 5

So I just listened to the interview and he says "we have 35 billion dollars of their money right now sitting in an account" (and that's Billion with a B, not millions).  35 billion in dinar today (at approx US$0.0085), is worth around $297 Million in USD .  Interestingly Thug just posted about $500 million Iraq deposited with the US for repayment of debts to American companies in Iraq.  Iraq gave that money to the US 5 years ago and suddenly last week (after Trump said we'll leave but we want to be repaid for our bases) there's an article trying to clarify that Iraq will be refunded whatever money is left after all the debts are paid.  My guess is that  that the 35 Billion of Iraq's money that Trump mentioned (which today has a value of US$297Millioni) is what's currently left of the $500 Million Iraq deposited with the US 5 years ago.  

It's easy to look at all currency news from Iraq through RV colored lenses and see it as something that relates to the RV, but I like to try to analyze things objectively,. I don't think Trump's comment relates to a pending RV at all.  I hate to kill anyone's buzz, but I like to keep things real and I suspect most people here do as well, so that's why I decided to post my opinion on this.  And of course, this doesn't mean the chance of the RV is any less, either.

• Thanks 6

I believe overall to settle the complete debt Iraq would owe the US around $2.4 trillion....and of course could never compensate for loss of life and beyond.

Of course then it could be argued that the US was never invited to begin with.....and came in under false pretenses and destroyed the country.....actually owing Iraq funds to rebuild infrastructure to where it was......let alone compensate for 500,000 Iraqi deaths......

If we're gonna talk Slavery reparations from 200 years ago........and act on those.......we'll be setting a pretty strong precedent for World Courts.

CL 

• Thanks 1

This right here is enough to tell me there will be an RI or RV in our future to some degree.. I can’t for sure say how long, or how much or how little but the US basically controls the IMF. I mean after all the US and IMF devalued the Dinar when Sadam invaded Kuwait. So for us to have this much of their money (140 Teillion Dinar equivalent), when the time is right, the US will be debt free..

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

G.W. Bush said in his announcement  of our invading Iraq that it wouldn't cost the U.S.  Taxpayers a single dime. I guess he had the RV in mind because of what happened with the Kuwait Dinar.... Ya' think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

brought over from news forum . I guess moving troops is different from collecting debts ....but with the same outcome ?

U.S. Warns Iraq It Risks Losing Access to Key Bank Account if Troops Told to Leave

Loss of access to New York Fed account, where international oil sale revenue is kept, could creating cash crunch in Iraq’s financial system

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York provides banking and other financial services for around 250 central banks, governments and other foreign official institutions.

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York provides banking and other financial services for around 250 central banks, governments and other foreign official institutions.PHOTO: CEM OZDEL/ANADOLU AGENCY/GETTY IMAGES

By

Ian Talley in Washington and 

Isabel Coles in Beirut

Jan. 11, 2020 11:20 am ET

The Trump administration warned Iraq this week that it risks losing access to a critical government bank account if Baghdad kicks out American forces following the U.S. airstrike that killed a top Iranian general, according to Iraqi officials.

The State Department warned that the U.S. could shut down Iraq’s access to the country’s central bank account held at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a move that could jolt Iraq’s already shaky economy, the officials said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Trump said, $35 billion dollars of their money. He didn’t said $35 billion dollars of their currency that equals 41.6 trillion IQD 

I believe he’s taking about $35 billion dollars from oil sales in a US account.

I don’t believe the US holds 41.6 trillion IQD 

jmho.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Trump said, $35 billion dollars of their money. He didn’t said $35 billion dollars of their currency that equals 41.6 trillion IQD 

I believe he’s taking about $35 billion dollars from oil sales in a US account.

I don’t believe the US holds 41.6 trillion IQD 

jmho.

Agree.  There was an article posted about that bank account.

• Thanks 1

15:10 mark..."we have a lot of there money right now, we have 35 billion dollars of there money sitting in an account now, I think they'll agree to pay" referring

to how they'll pay for the war (IRAQ). He said he (President Trump) thinks they will agree to pay or we will stay there. Sounds like currency no? jmho

• Upvote 1