Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Aussies and the Dinar

19 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I’ve lived in Austin for many years after my college days, and loved it.  It does have a liberal vibe but the suburbs are fairly conservative.  

Love the hill country and the surrounding smaller towns.  Austin, home of good music, good food, beautiful hill country, University of Texas, Texas State Capital, eclectic folks, nearby beautiful lakes, but fastly becoming too crowed.  

I was raised and currently live north of Houston.  It’s a big league city and has anything you want including extreme HEAT in August and Sept.  I moved here for business reasons.  Where I live is great for me.  It really doesn’t matter where you live, home is what you make it.  

hill country and surrounding towns? can you elaborate?

• Thanks 1

I can give you a few places I like in the Hill Country West of Austin but the best advice I can give you is go to Austin and start asking questions.  Everyone has their own interests and things they like to do.  I used to like to get in my car and drive around until I saw something that interested me or caught my eye.  In today’s world you can type in a town and then things to do, best restaurants, etc.  

Austin has changed a lot in the last 30-40 years.  To me it has lost a lot of it’s charm as it has become a major metropolitan city.  Even the surrounding hill country, especially around the lakes is growing too fast for my likings. It’s still a great city and it has a lot to offer, it’s just a lot bigger and more crowded than when I lived there.   Some of the smaller towns around Austin that I still like to go are, 

South Hill Country,

New Braunfelds, quaint Old German town.  Good fall festivals, Oktoberfest!!!

Wimberly small town with amazing artists

San Marcos, college town 

Canyon Lake

West of Austin

Fredericksberg, one of my favorites, good food, good German culture, good festivals, many wineries.  I go every year.  

Kerrville, more West of San Antonio, small town with a Western flare.

Lake Travis, make sure you go to the Oais Restaurant at sunset. Great place to hang out

Marble Falls and Lake LBJ, 

North

Waco, about a 2 hour drive. Home of Baylor University and Fixer Upper stars, Chip and Joanna Gaines

Lake Georgetown,  

This will get you started.  If you go to Austin check out the weird Austin vibe on 6th Street on a Friday or Sat night.  A little crazy but it’s Austin,  also check out the State Capital, LBJ Library on UT campus, Zilker Park, Congress Ave Bridge at dusk to watch the bats, and google best restaurants( there are plenty, especially if you like BBQ).

Good luck to you, I hope you find what you are looking for in Texas.  

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/12/2020 at 1:30 AM, Domino8 said:

Thanks KristiD this is such a Great story. Thanks for the membership feedback. I do have VIP!" rel="">VIP membership it doesn't seem to be reflected in my status. Checking into it now.

I know an Aussie DV member here who is very interested in coummunicating with other Aussie dinar holders.  We've communicate directly via email,  and now I can't remember his DV member name here, so I just emailed him and told him to reach out to you via IM here.  It may take him a few days because he gets busy, but I'm pretty sure he'll want to get in touch with you.  I hope it works out great for both of you!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 1/11/2020 at 6:57 PM, screwball said:

Which is the best state in the us for gun laws, tax laws, and by sounds of Texas stopping refugee program it could be Texas?

On 1/12/2020 at 7:31 AM, screwball said:

Yeah not sure maybe Austin? Houston?

Unless you're a liberal and don't mind homeless camps, I wouldn't choose Austin right now.  Many Californians (and I'm a native California girl myself, so I speak from direct experience) have left California because of high taxes, lax laws and its homelss crisis and filth and gone to Austin - which is by far Texas' most liberal city.  Oblivious to what is destroying California, they are bringing their idealogies with them and now Austin is run Democrats and starting to institute some of the same stupid law that destroyed California.    https://www.statesman.com/news/20191228/austinrsquos-homeless-debate-was-our-top-story-of-2019

While I also think Texas is the best state to go to, I'd stay away from Austin, at least for now.  jmho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 1/15/2020 at 2:00 AM, KristiD said:

Unless you're a liberal and don't mind homeless camps, I wouldn't choose Austin right now.  Many Californians (and I'm a native California girl myself, so I speak from direct experience) have left California because of high taxes, lax laws and its homelss crisis and filth and gone to Austin - which is by far Texas' most liberal city.  Oblivious to what is destroying California, they are bringing their idealogies with them and now Austin is run Democrats and starting to institute some of the same stupid law that destroyed California.    https://www.statesman.com/news/20191228/austinrsquos-homeless-debate-was-our-top-story-of-2019

While I also think Texas is the best state to go to, I'd stay away from Austin, at least for now.  jmho

thanks very much!

• Upvote 1

I will never understand how an individual can leave a state because of what you said about California KristiD and move to a much better state and then vote for the same type of people whose ideology ruin the state they left. I guess the saying that insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is true after all.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

I will never understand how an individual can leave a state because of what you said about California KristiD and move to a much better state and then vote for the same type of people whose ideology ruin the state they left. I guess the saying that insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is true after all.

Same gripe native Idahoans are saying. I don't want leftist Cali's moving here either.

Winters are cold, summers are hot. Stays daylight till 10 pm during the summer. One accident ties the only freeway we have for hours. People are slow, they aren't in a hurry. Only two Costco's.

Life is tough here. 

• Thanks 1

Screwball - All U.S. 50 states allow carrying a concealed firearm, says the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Arizona, Wyoming, Vermont and Alaska allow carrying concealed weapons without a permit. In 46 states a permit is required, and nine of these have laws that give the state wide discretion to deny permits.

• Thanks 2