Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Aussies and the Dinar

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Not a Aussie But very aware about what is happening in your country with all the fires.

🙏🏼🐨

The fires are catastrophic LB.. Lives, Livelihoods, Homes, Livestock, Lands, whole communities and small towns gone and Billions of Native Wildlife Killed or injured iand species possible wiped out.. A ecological disaster .🙏🏻

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

Domino8, I know an Aussie here who would love to communicate with other Aussies.  But, unless you are VIP, you don't have the capability to IM.  And the mods here recommend that people don't post their email here, so I think that unless you join VIP, you won't be able to directly connect with other Aussies.

So sad about the fires, but here's a sweet story about one lucky koala, at least.

This could be the cutest story in Australia this week

A GOLDEN retriever has saved a koala joey from death in a miraculous rescue that stunned the pet’s owners.

Jasmine Kazlauskas
news.com.auSEPTEMBER 28, 201811:04AM

How to assist injured wildlife

HERE’S a very Australian story to warm your heart.

A gallant golden retriever has been hailed a hero after saving an abandoned baby koala’s life by letting it snuggle in her fur.

Proud dog owner Kerry McKinnon got the shock of her life after discovering the tiny koala joey snuggled up with her five-year-old golden retriever Asha earlier this week.

The 45-year-old from Strathdownie in western Victoria said the koala likely became separated from its mother during the night and wandered onto her back porch, finding comfort in Asha’s warm fur.

With temperatures in the area plummeting to 5C in the early hours, Kerry said that the helpless koala “never would have made it through the night” if it hadn’t been cuddled up to Asha.

The golden retriever’s heroic feat has since gone viral on social media, with the adorable photos of the unlikely duo racking up hundreds of likes and shares online.

Asha was protective of the lost joey, and kept him warm all night without trying to remove him from her back. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

Asha was protective of the lost joey, and kept him warm all night without trying to remove him from her back. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

“It was quite early in the morning, and my husband yelled out to me to come have a look at something” Kerry said.

“I didn’t know what he was talking about at first but then I saw this tiny koala snuggled on top of Asha.”

The mum-of-three admits the moment got the better of her, and she wasn’t exactly supportive of her dog’s efforts.

“I just burst out laughing. Poor Asha didn’t know what to think, she just kept looking at me with such a confused look.

“She looked a bit guilty when I came out to see what was going on. Her expression was hilarious.

MORE: Researchers unlock koala secrets in world-first study

MORE: Koalas at risk with habitat cleared at alarming rate

“She kept looking back at the koala but she wasn’t trying to get him off her or anything. She was happy to let him snuggle into her.

While nobody knows exactly how the koala ended up with Asha, it’s likely it was suddenly separated from its mother, as the joey was clearly young enough to still be living with her.

“I think the baby koala fell out of his mum’s pouch and didn’t know what to do.

“He would have just wandered over to our back porch and seen the dogs in their beds, then decided to snuggle in Asha’s fur because it’s nice and warm.

The joey clung tightly to Asha’s back and didn’t want to be removed. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

The joey clung tightly to Asha’s back and didn’t want to be removed. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

“Asha definitely saved the koala’s life by keeping him warm. He would have died out there if left alone all night. The poor thing could have been taken by a fox or something too.”

Kerry said it “wasn’t easy” trying to separate the two — with the koala putting up a “huge fuss” when she tried to remove it from Asha’s back.

Kerry and her husband wrapped the joey in a blanket before giving him to a koala carer. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

Kerry and her husband wrapped the joey in a blanket before giving him to a koala carer. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

She said the little joey is doing well after being checked out by a vet — and is now being looked after by a local koala carer until it can be released back into the wild.

Kerry said: “I think dogs have that protective instinct. The koala didn’t want to leave Asha’s back.

“When we took the koala off to wrap it in a blanket, it hissed at me and carried on.

“I think it would have been happy to have just slept there all day. It was really an amazing thing to see and so uniquely Australian.”

Kerry is proud of her golden retriever Asha after she saved the life of the joey. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

Kerry is proud of her golden retriever Asha after she saved the life of the joey.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

The fires are catastrophic LB.. Lives, Livelihoods, Homes, Livestock, Lands, whole communities and small towns gone and Billions of Native Wildlife Killed or injured iand species possible wiped out.. A ecological disaster .🙏🏻

Totally agree  my friend. 
The magnitude of the ecological disaster is incalculable.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I am not going to post it here but Australia needs the NRA. See the link for full information. 

Many Aussies are sorry about the new gun laws they got stuck with. 

Australias gun laws

Any comments should be made in the other thread so this one stays on topic

Edited by nstoolman1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, KristiD said:

Domino8, I know an Aussie here who would love to communicate with other Aussies.  But, unless you are VIP!" rel="">VIP, you don't have the capability to IM.  And the mods here recommend that people don't post their email here, so I think that unless you join VIP!" rel="">VIP, you won't be able to directly connect with other Aussies.

So sad about the fires, but here's a sweet story about one lucky koala, at least.

This could be the cutest story in Australia this week

A GOLDEN retriever has saved a koala joey from death in a miraculous rescue that stunned the pet’s owners.

Jasmine Kazlauskas
news.com.auSEPTEMBER 28, 201811:04AM

How to assist injured wildlife

HERE’S a very Australian story to warm your heart.

A gallant golden retriever has been hailed a hero after saving an abandoned baby koala’s life by letting it snuggle in her fur.

Proud dog owner Kerry McKinnon got the shock of her life after discovering the tiny koala joey snuggled up with her five-year-old golden retriever Asha earlier this week.

The 45-year-old from Strathdownie in western Victoria said the koala likely became separated from its mother during the night and wandered onto her back porch, finding comfort in Asha’s warm fur.

With temperatures in the area plummeting to 5C in the early hours, Kerry said that the helpless koala “never would have made it through the night” if it hadn’t been cuddled up to Asha.

The golden retriever’s heroic feat has since gone viral on social media, with the adorable photos of the unlikely duo racking up hundreds of likes and shares online.

Asha was protective of the lost joey, and kept him warm all night without trying to remove him from her back. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

Asha was protective of the lost joey, and kept him warm all night without trying to remove him from her back. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

“It was quite early in the morning, and my husband yelled out to me to come have a look at something” Kerry said.

“I didn’t know what he was talking about at first but then I saw this tiny koala snuggled on top of Asha.”

The mum-of-three admits the moment got the better of her, and she wasn’t exactly supportive of her dog’s efforts.

“I just burst out laughing. Poor Asha didn’t know what to think, she just kept looking at me with such a confused look.

“She looked a bit guilty when I came out to see what was going on. Her expression was hilarious.

MORE: Researchers unlock koala secrets in world-first study

MORE: Koalas at risk with habitat cleared at alarming rate

“She kept looking back at the koala but she wasn’t trying to get him off her or anything. She was happy to let him snuggle into her.

While nobody knows exactly how the koala ended up with Asha, it’s likely it was suddenly separated from its mother, as the joey was clearly young enough to still be living with her.

“I think the baby koala fell out of his mum’s pouch and didn’t know what to do.

“He would have just wandered over to our back porch and seen the dogs in their beds, then decided to snuggle in Asha’s fur because it’s nice and warm.

The joey clung tightly to Asha’s back and didn’t want to be removed. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

The joey clung tightly to Asha’s back and didn’t want to be removed. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

“Asha definitely saved the koala’s life by keeping him warm. He would have died out there if left alone all night. The poor thing could have been taken by a fox or something too.”

Kerry said it “wasn’t easy” trying to separate the two — with the koala putting up a “huge fuss” when she tried to remove it from Asha’s back.

Kerry and her husband wrapped the joey in a blanket before giving him to a koala carer. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

Kerry and her husband wrapped the joey in a blanket before giving him to a koala carer. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

She said the little joey is doing well after being checked out by a vet — and is now being looked after by a local koala carer until it can be released back into the wild.

Kerry said: “I think dogs have that protective instinct. The koala didn’t want to leave Asha’s back.

“When we took the koala off to wrap it in a blanket, it hissed at me and carried on.

“I think it would have been happy to have just slept there all day. It was really an amazing thing to see and so uniquely Australian.”

Kerry is proud of her golden retriever Asha after she saved the life of the joey. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News

Kerry is proud of her golden retriever Asha after she saved the life of the joey.

Domino8, I know an Aussie here who would love to communicate with other Aussies.  But, unless you are VIP!" rel="">VIP, you don't have the capability to IM.  And the mods here recommend that people don't post their email here, so I think that unless you join VIP!" rel="">VIP, you won't be able to directly connect with other Aussies.

Thanks KristiD this is such a Great story. Thanks for the membership feedback. I do have VIP membership it doesn't seem to be reflected in my status. Checking into it now. Thanks again. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, screwball said:

LOL post rv was planning on moving....from australia to texas

Texas is a good choice.. ok, I may be a little partial born and raised here.. Do you know what area of Texas you want to move to? Remember Texas is as big as many Country’s.. ;) 

Edited by GregHi
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, screwball said:

Yeah not sure maybe Austin? Houston?

All my opinion..

Austin is a nice area, but is probably the most liberal city in Texas. They have a bunch of bands and bars on 6th street.. Their motto is “keep Austin weird”. Houston is about 45 minutes or so from the coast and is very humid.. San Antonio is nice, rich in history and has the river walk, which is gorgeous at night and with a predominately Hispanic demographic. I am in the Dallas Ft Worth area which is home to America’s team.. lol 😂 So there is a lot to chose from, depending on your taste..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, screwball said:

Yeah not sure maybe Austin? Houston?

I’ve lived in Austin for many years after my college days, and loved it.  It does have a liberal vibe but the suburbs are fairly conservative.  

Love the hill country and the surrounding smaller towns.  Austin, home of good music, good food, beautiful hill country, University of Texas, Texas State Capital, eclectic folks, nearby beautiful lakes, but fastly becoming too crowed.  

I was raised and currently live north of Houston.  It’s a big league city and has anything you want including extreme HEAT in August and Sept.  I moved here for business reasons.  Where I live is great for me.  It really doesn’t matter where you live, home is what you make it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4