Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Authors Offer To Donate 150K To Children's Hospital If.....

Stephen King, Don Winslow Taunt Stephanie Grisham With Megabucks Briefing Challenge

Lee Moran  HuffPost  January 9, 2020

Bestselling authors Don Winslow and Stephen King on Wednesday laid down a megabucks charity challenge to White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham to hold the Trump administration’s first official press briefing in more than 300 days.

“The Cartel” writer Winslow promised to donate $75,000 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, in Grisham’s name if she held “a one hour press conference ‘this week’ with the full White House Press Corps” amid the now-paused escalation of U.S. tensions with Iran.

“What are you afraid of Stephanie?” he tweeted:

Dear @PressSec,

It has been 301 days since The White House held a press briefing.

I will donate $75,000 to @StJude in your name if you will hold a one hour press conference *this week* with the full White House Press Corps.

What are you afraid of Stephanie?

Best,
Don Winslow

“The Shining” author King quickly offered a matching challenge:

Both Winslow and King are staunch critics of President Donald Trump and his administration. Winslow’s Twitter bio features the line: “BTW: DONALD TRUMP IS A CRIMINAL.”

King, meanwhile, frequently bashes Trump on the president’s favorite social media platform. He has previously offered to stump up $10,000 to see Winslow debate Trump on his promised wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Gotta vote Trump out next year, America, because there's no cure for stupid.

Trump needs to go.
He's one bad hombre.

Trump foreign policy will be known in the future as the ******* Doctrine.

Trump is such a horse’s ass.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Grisham’s predecessor as press secretary, held the last daily White House press briefing in March 2019.

Grisham, who has not responded to Winslow and King’s challenge, confirmed in October there were no plans to bring briefings back.

If the president ever wants me to go out and do a briefing, if there is a time when we have a very important topic that we need to go out there and announce, of course, we can do a briefing,” Grisham told Fox Business host Trish Regan.

She continued:

I am accessible and my team is accessible to the media 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in every other way you can imagine,” she added. “We do interviews, there’s emails, texts, phone calls. But also, as I’ve said many times, the president is his best spokesperson and he is so accessible to the press. They may not like his answers or what he says. But this is a very transparent and open White House. And so just because somebody is not out at a podium, that doesn’t mean we’re not answering questions.

https://news.yahoo.com/stephen-king-don-winslow-stephanie-grisham-offer-102012808.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 6

hmmm interesting.  Are they unwilling to contribute to  the CHILDREN's hospital unless there is a dare or a way to find fault with Grishams briefing in the effort to smear anybody or anything that is connected to Trump.  Looks to me they have they have obligated themselves regardless if she does or doesn't.  Of course they can do as they please, Hollywood will not condemn them, after all it's only sick dying children in desperate need of contributions. just a thought.....keyword. "if"

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

hmmm interesting.  Are they unwilling to contribute to  the CHILDREN's hospital unless there is a dare or a way to find fault with Grishams briefing in the effort to smear anybody or anything that is connected to Trump.  Looks to me they have they have obligated themselves regardless if she does or doesn't.  Of course they can do as they please, Hollywood will not condemn them, after all it's only sick dying children in desperate need of contributions. just a thought.....keyword. "if"

Here's a thought....Perhaps Stephanie should just match the author's 75K contributions to St. Jude's.  She'd still have a little over a 100K of the "people's" money she's being paid as Press Secretary, of which she hasn't done a thing to earn.....The sick children will get a boost and Steph can resume what she's doing now.....Nothing.  As always, just my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 8

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Here's a thought....Perhaps Stephanie should just match the author's 75K contributions to St. Jude's.  She'd still have a little over a 100K of the "people's" money she's being paid as Press Secretary, of which she hasn't done a thing to earn.....The sick children will get a boost and Steph can resume what she's doing now.....Nothing.  As always, just my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV 

Shabbs that's a pretty good thought but Ms Grisham is under no obligation to comply with this half witted request.  Even if she wanted to, I think that PTrump would be the only one that could give her this authority.. my question is, if this was actually about a contribution to St Jude why didn't they just go to Trump to begin with.  I'm  sure he would have accommodated them in some kind of way altho His son Eric has contributed humongous amounts of dollars as well as time to St Judes.  Lest we forget that if Stephanie were to comply without Trumps permission she would hear those famous words.    "YOU'RE  FIRED".. as many already have. I speak all of this jokingly because this whole scenario is a joke.  Just noise from the left as usual.

As always, good to hear your opinion.  🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, learning all i can said:

Shabbs that's a pretty good thought but Ms Grisham is under no obligation to comply with this half witted request.  Even if she wanted to, I think that PTrump would be the only one that could give her this authority.. my question is, if this was actually about a contribution to St Jude why didn't they just go to Trump to begin with.  I'm  sure he would have accommodated them in some kind of way altho His son Eric has contributed humongous amounts of dollars as well as time to St Judes.  Lest we forget that if Stephanie were to comply without Trumps permission she would hear those famous words.    "YOU'RE  FIRED".. as many already have. I speak all of this jokingly because this whole scenario is a joke.  Just noise from the left as usual.

As always, good to hear your opinion.  🤪

In the end, who wouldn't want a bigly paid position where you don't actually have do anything to earn it, other than clock in?  :D

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2