Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump: Iran was planning to strike 4 US embassies before the killing of "Soleimani"

davis411

Pompeo, Esper arrive at White House following Iranian attack in Iraq

c09e16ad-d750-4ca2-94fe-59f736d3a1ff_16x
All the lights are on in the windows of the West Wing of the White House after news of a missile attack on an Iraqi air base housing US troops on January 7, 2020, in Washington. (AP)

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Mark Esper have arrived at the White House following Iran missile attack on Iraqi air base.

“The President has been briefed and is monitoring the situation closely and consulting with his national security team,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham had said.

It was unclear what response, if any, the United States was planning.

Hours earlier on Tuesday, Esper said the United States should anticipate retaliation from Iranover Friday’s killing in Iraq of Soleimani, commander of the elite Quds Force.

“I think we should expect that they will retaliate in some way, shape or form,” he told a news briefing at the Pentagon, adding that such retaliation could be through Iran-backed proxy groups outside of Iran or “by their own hand.”

“We’re prepared for any contingency. And then we will respond appropriately to whatever they do.”

Stock markets in Asia fell sharply on news of the rocket attack, while investor safe havens including the Japanese yen and gold shot higher.  

Congress, Senate leaders briefed  

Meanwhile, Vice President Mike Pence briefed top Democrats in Congress on the Iranian strikes on installations in Iraq holding US forces.

Aides to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer both confirmed the lawmakers spoke with the vice president by telephone on Tuesday.

Justin Goodman, a spokesman for Schumer, says the New York Democrat is closely monitoring the situation and is praying for the safety of service members and other personnel.

Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill tweeted that the speaker returned a call from the vice president moments after presiding over the House.

Katie Waldman, a spokeswoman for the vice president, said Pence has been in continuous contact with national security officials and made calls to congressional leadership at President Donald Trump’s direction.

Last Update: Wednesday, 8 January 2020 KSA 04:53 - GMT 01:53

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, keylime said:

Um....Iran ain't no bear. Actually they're the gopher that has been poking the bear. But the bear finally got up and pimp slapped it back to its dirty hole. Now the gopher is back for another beating. Perhaps 52 of them to be exact. Stay tuned...Iran is about to find out what a focused real super power intent on winning a war before it starts is. They picked the wrong president to mess with. He hasn't been beefing up our military for nothing.

You nailed it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Oil up 2.2% , Gold up 15

DJ futures down 199

Asia down but not too bad.  

Tomorrow I will probably be trading SPY short, Tvix long, Oil stocks and will be looking at gold etf’s and a few gold miners like FNV, NEM, RGLD.  If this escalates I’ll also be looking to short some of the over bought Techs like Nvda, AAPL, FB et .  

I will I’ll let you know what I’m seeing.  The charts don’t lie and I’m a pretty good Technical Trader.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo briefs Kurdistan PM Masrour Barzani on Iran strikes

21 minutes ago

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo briefs Kurdistan PM Masrour Barzani on Iran strikes

A+AA-

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spoke to Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) Prime Minister, Masrour Barzani, over the phone on Wednesday “to update” the Kurdish leader on the Iran missile attacks in Iraq.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

You can bet we will respond guess all those Iranians Mullahs and corrupt politicians want to join Soleimani in the devils tomb sooner rather than later! Hope they get Maliki and few others at the same time as well!! Time to clean house....I pray for the safety of our military service men and women and I know they will finally get the job done that should have been done long time ago!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

So now that Iran launched missiles into Iraq, to retaliate on the US, does this not engage Iraq into defending it sovereignty as a nation???  What does the GOI and Mahdi do now????  Say oh it was nothing, do nothing, or actually protect their country against Iran with the help of the US???  Will the light bulb actually go on and shine on the Iranian puppets to expose them????

IMO we are at a severe turning point with Iraq as a sovereign nation. Who do they side with now????  We all here on DV know the answer to that question.  Best cuddle up next to the big dog.

:rodeo2:Powder river let her buck.

:twocents: SR

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

US warns ships in Middle East waterways of possible Iran action

January 07, 2020 10:19

TEHRAN: The US government is warning ships across Middle East waterways crucial to global energy supplies that there’s the “possibility of Iranian action against US maritime interests” in the region.
The US Maritime Administration put out the warning Tuesday, citing the rising threats after an American drone strike in Baghdad killed Iranian Revolutionary Guard Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
Oil tankers were targeted in mine attacks last year the US blamed on Iran.
Tehran denied being responsible though it did seize oil tankers around the crucial Strait of Hormuz, the narrow mouth of the Arabian Gulf through which 20 percent of the world’s crude oil travels.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Iran minister tells US: “Get the hell out of our region” after attacks

89ac1640-0284-4b44-b97c-34527a4abd12_16x
Iran telecommunications Minister Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi. (File photo: AP)

After Iran launched missile attacks on US targets in Iraq, the country’s telecommunication minister Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromitweeted: “Get the hell out of our region” in Iran’s first official reaction to the attacks.

Iran said it launched missile attacks on US-led forces in Iraq in the early hours of Wednesdayin retaliation for the US drone strike killing Iran’s Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2020/01/08/Iran-minister-tells-US-Get-the-hell-out-of-our-region-after-attacks.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Trump: Iran was planning to strike 4 US embassies before the killing of "Soleimani"
  • Markinsa locked this topic