Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The House of Representatives votes on the Financial Management Law

yota691

5 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

"We are confident that the Iraqi people want the United States to continue to be there to fight the counterterror campaign, and we'll continue to do all the things we need to do to keep America safe," Pompeo said.

Sure hope hes right on both counts.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, dinarham said:

The protesters have the power ,but who is their spokesperson ?

A Shadowy Revolutionary Figure - Achmed ‘Jolly’ Ali Davis ! :o 

And He’s Said To Have A Couple Of Stumbling Bumbling Bro’s As His Henchmen ...

Together They Are Known For Being The ‘Three Shiites To The Wind’ ...

:D  :D  :D 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

05-01-2020 06:31 PM
image.php?token=d13b0ad4059732937443be5b35db9db8&c=2467394&size=

Baghdad - news

Hisham Hashemi, an analyst and researcher in security affairs, confirmed today, Sunday, that the parliament canceled the 2016 agreement, not 2008, indicating that the vote on it does not mean the evacuation of the American forces.

Hashemi said, in his tweet on "Twitter", that "the parliamentary session today was voted on by a parliamentary decision stipulating the cancellation of the 2016 agreement that provides for Iraq’s membership in the international coalition against ISIS."

He pointed out that "and there is no evidence to evacuate the US or foreign forces, and also the parliamentary decision is far from canceling the Iraqi-American agreement 2008."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

06-01-2020 12:18 AM
image.php?token=c98824b5e6225a19e387fd9a729adb30&c=2435459&size=

Baghdad / Al-Akhbariya:
Legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi confirmed, on Sunday, that the removal of American forces from Iraq does not need a parliamentary review and is within the authority of the government, stating that there is confusion between the strategic framework agreement with the United States and the agreement to enter American forces.
Al-Tamimi said in a statement to "Al-Ikhbaria" that "the entry of American forces, so let Iraq be organized according to two different agreements, one of which is called the strategic agreement, and the second is the entry of American forces during 2014 to fight ISIS."
He added, "The removal of American forces does not require a parliamentary review, but rather a government request from the United States, and it will be activated according to an agreement."
He explained that "the American forces entered Iraq in accordance with Security Council Resolution No. 866," noting that "canceling the strategic agreement has a major economic and security impact on Iraq."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

05-01-2020 08:51 PM
image.php?token=62b7751496d964ff0223c89f22ecbd5b&c=1833333&size=

Baghdad - news

The former finance minister and member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Hoshyar Zebari, considered Sunday the decision of the Iraqi parliament session today as "political" and not binding.

Zebari said in a tweet on "Twitter", seen by "Al-Akhbariya": Today's parliament session seeks to end the US presence in Iraq, and it ended with a non-binding political decision.

He added: The Kurdish and Sunni representatives boycotted the meeting, so no parliamentary legislation was issued and the issue was brought up for further political talks.

image.php?token=fd6aff5e3cfc74a370d7e669961a180b&size=xxlarge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

05-01-2020 11:57 PM
image.php?token=fee4ed83305aaedf4098af5f1fd303b5&c=2006981&size=

Baghdad / Al-Akhbariya:
The US State Department announced that the United States is disappointed with the decision of the Iraqi parliament to withdraw foreign forces from the country and cut ties with the international coalition to fight ISIS.
"The United States is disappointed with the measures taken today in the Iraqi parliament," said US State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagos, to Sputnik.
"As we await further clarification on the legal nature and implications of today's decision, we urge Iraqi leaders once again to assess the importance of continued economic and security relations between the two countries and the continued existence of the global coalition for the fight against ISIS," she added.

• Thanks 1

Iraqi "representatives" commit the government to end the presence of foreign forces in the country

Iraqi "representatives" commit the government to end the presence of foreign forces in the country
The Iraqi Parliament
 January 05 2020 07:03 PM

Directly: the House of Representatives voted Iraqi, on a parliamentary decision obliging the government to end the presence of foreign troops in the country .

The council said in a press statement, through its official website, today, Sunday, that this came during an extraordinary session held under the chairmanship of Muhammad Al-Halbousi, the president of the council, and the presence of 172 deputies, as well as Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

The decisions voted by the Council included obliging the Iraqi government to cancel the request for assistance submitted to it by the international coalition to fight ISIS, to end military and war operations in Iraq and achieve victory, while obliging it to end the presence of any foreign forces in Iraqi territory, and to prevent it from using Iraqi land, water, and airspace And the Iraqi government is committed to restricting weapons to the state .

The decision included the Iraqi government represented by the Foreign Minister going to the United Nations and the International Security Council, and filing a complaint against the United States of America because of its violations and violations of the sovereignty and security of Iraq, as described in the statement.

The Council directed the Iraqi government to conduct investigations at the highest levels to know the circumstances of the American bombing, and to inform the House of Representatives of the results within seven days, in addition to the possibility of proceeding with legislation to cancel the strategic framework agreement between Iraq and the United States of America .

It is worth noting that the Prime Minister, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, presented the parliament with two options, the first is to end the presence of the forces with urgent procedures, while the second option includes a return to a draft decision that was before the parliament before the formation of the current government, providing a number of facts regarding the relationship between Iraq and the United States are recommending the first decision.

Iraq is witnessing security tensions, following the announcement of the US Department of Defense , "Pentagon" on Friday morning, killing the commander of the Qods Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi engineer "leader of the crowd the popular Iraqi "  in a rocket attack by plane march , targeting their car on the road to Baghdad International Airport .

Then the international reactions followed, as official news agencies in Iran announced an emergency meeting of the National Security Council headed by Supreme Leader "Khamenei" to respond to the attack, while  the Iraqi government condemned the attack and considered it an attack on sovereignty .

On Saturday, the Security Media Cell in Iraq announced that a number of rockets had landed in the center of the capital Baghdad and Balad Air Base .

• Thanks 2

It would be great to cut bait and leave the ME, but to do so would not be in our best interests.  If we leave, Iran, China, Russia, and Turkey will fill the void and we’ll be right back fighting but this time in SA.  We have too many lives, and money invested to walk now.  Trump is cleaning up the appeasement policy of the last administration and the blunder of the Bush Administration.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10

• yota691 changed the title to Al-Hashemi: Parliament today canceled the 2016 agreement, not 2008 ... no evacuation of the American forces

Trump threatens to impose sanctions on Iraq "they have never seen anything before"

US President Donald Trump

January 06, 2020

US President Donald Trump

Send via media

Print the article

US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that the United States will not leave Iraq before paying the cost of its military bases there, threatening to impose sanctions on Baghdad "they have never seen before".

"If the American forces are forced to leave, then we will impose major sanctions on Iraq they have never seen before," Trump told reporters accompanying him on his return from Florida.

Trump added that Washington would target Iranian cultural centers as a punishment for Iran's targeting of American citizens.

He also said he would consider publishing intelligence documents about the killing of the Quds Force commander, Qassem Soleimani.

https://www.alhurra.com/a/ترامب-سنفرض-على-العراق-عقوبات-لم-يروا-مثلاها-من-قبل-/528073.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Trump threatens harsh sanctions against Iraq if U.S. troops expelled: report

Published: Jan 5, 2020 8:00 p.m. ET

By

MIKEMURPHY

EDITOR

President Donald Trump reportedly threatened Iraq with harsh sanctions Sunday after Iraqi lawmakers voted for a measure expelling U.S. troops from the country. Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Trump said: "If they do ask us to leave, if we don't do it in a very friendly basis, we will charge them sanctions like they've never seen before ever. It'll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame," according to CNBC. Trump also said Iraq would have to pay back the U.S. for billions of dollars spent on an air base. "We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," he said, according to CNBC. Trump also doubled down on his Twitter threat to target Iranian cultural sites -- a potential war crime -- if Iran strikes back against the U.S. in response to last week's airstrike that killed one of its top generals. "They're allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people," Trump said on Air Force One, according to the New York Times. "And we're not allowed to touch their cultural site? It doesn't work that way."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-threatens-harsh-sanctions-against-iraq-if-us-troops-expelled-report-2020-01-05?mod=home-page

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BREAKING NEWS

Trump threatens sanctions on Baghdad after lawmakers call on US troops to leave

By REUTERS   

JANUARY 6, 2020 02:42

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - U.S. President Donald Trump threatened sanctions against Baghdad on Sunday after Iraq's parliament called on U.S. troops to leave the country, and the president said if troops did leave, Baghdad would have to pay Washington for the cost of the air base there.

“We have a very extraordinarily expensive air base that’s there. It cost billions of dollars to build, long before my time. We’re not leaving unless they pay us back for it," Trump told reporters on Air Force One.

Trump said that if Iraq asked U.S. forces to leave and it was not done on a friendly basis, "we will charge them sanctions like they’ve never seen before ever. It’ll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame.” 

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Trump-threatens-sanctions-on-Baghdad-after-lawmakers-call-on-US-troops-to-leave-613235

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

He explained that "the American forces entered Iraq in accordance with Security Council Resolution No. 866," noting that "canceling the strategic agreement has a major economic and security impact on Iraq."

No shoot Sherlock!  No one but an idiot or an Iranian or Iranian puppet would want America to leave Iraq right now. The reason half of the darn country was destroyed by ISIS is because Obama pulled American military out.😡

OK, off my soapbox now. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I really could care less that you give out your Reds.  Obviously you feel a need to pass em out and run for cover but here is the deal.  I know who you are, I have 2 means of discovery.  I am a computer nerd.  

Now I could reward the Red you passed out to me the last 2 nights with a bunch for you.  That’s not how I roll, I never give out Reds unless it is so blatantly offensive to me and I don’t have time to respond.  Now, you are either a coward, too busy to respond or just intellectually lazy.  

If you want to tell me what upset you enough to push a red maybe I can learn. I don’t mind listening, or debating, but I can’t be simpathic to your needs if you don’t tell what got your goat. 2 nights in a row!!!!  Really.  Get in here and tell me what’s up with you.  I’m a big boy, I can handle the barbs but if you aren’t civil you won’t have a pleasant conversation.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you Butifldrm, if the last President did this we wouldn’t be were we are presently.   

Why the constant fixation with Obama? He is not the reason we are in the situation we are in today. At least with Obama we had allies, I guess we could start working with Russia, we sure are operating like them. Obama did the best he could with what he was given, turned our economy around and significantly decreased the tensions in the Middle East. The world was safe, predictable and when pressed to go to war he opted to work with our allies to solve the situation like a diplomata and someone that cares about the lives he would be responsible for loosing. Obama did things like.... oh, read books to inform himself and have people in the room that would push back so he could get all perspectives. I feel like I missed something, and maybe I did because I was serving during both Bush and Obama and there is all this hate toward Barack yet I felt like those eight years where pretty good, all thing considered. Was he perfect, no, did he put America (his idea of) first, yes. 

Still trying to see why he's public enemy number one for the right. That's not true, I know why.  :facepalm:

Please RV💲 :praying:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

23 minutes ago, utah rock said:

Why the constant fixation with Obama? He is not the reason we are in the situation we are in today. At least with Obama we had allies, I guess we could start working with Russia, we sure are operating like them. Obama did the best he could with what he was given, turned our economy around and significantly decreased the tensions in the Middle East. The world was safe, predictable and when pressed to go to war he opted to work with our allies to solve the situation like a diplomata and someone that cares about the lives he would be responsible for loosing. Obama did things like.... oh, read books to inform himself and have people in the room that would push back so he could get all perspectives. I feel like I missed something, and maybe I did because I was serving during both Bush and Obama and there is all this hate toward Barack yet I felt like those eight years where pretty good, all thing considered. Was he perfect, no, did he put America (his idea of) first, yes. 

Still trying to see why he's public enemy number one for the right. That's not true, I know why.  :facepalm:

Please RV💲 :praying:

Yeah we just had pallets of cash lying around to do good for the Iranians. Like none of that 150 billion in cold hard cash on pallets to fill up multiple 747s could have done good for Americans.  :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Theseus said:

Yeah we just had pallets of cash lying around to do good for the Iranians. Like none of that 150 billion in cold hard cash on pallets to fill up multiple 747s could have done good for Americans.  :facepalm:

I hear you, he was to nice to them. In order to create peace, at some point one side must be willing to compromise.  Was he right, maybe not, but I look at that situation like this. We, the Untied State attempted a coup in Iran and the CIA got caught upsetting the relationship. Before that happened Iran was progressive for the middle east I am told. By doing what he did he was also able to get them to sign a nonproliferation treaty and stop them from developing big bombs that kill a whole lot of people in a single explosion. In roads where being made toward PEACE. What is the ultimate goal here?, to have enemies and only through there submission and bending of the knee will "we" allow "them" to play?  Is war the only way to peace?🤪🤔:confused2:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

Trump threatens harsh sanctions against Iraq if U.S. troops expelled: report

Published: Jan 5, 2020 8:00 p.m. ET

By

MIKEMURPHY

EDITOR

President Donald Trump reportedly threatened Iraq with harsh sanctions Sunday after Iraqi lawmakers voted for a measure expelling U.S. troops from the country. Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Trump said: "If they do ask us to leave, if we don't do it in a very friendly basis, we will charge them sanctions like they've never seen before ever. It'll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame," according to CNBC. Trump also said Iraq would have to pay back the U.S. for billions of dollars spent on an air base. "We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," he said, according to CNBC. Trump also doubled down on his Twitter threat to target Iranian cultural sites -- a potential war crime -- if Iran strikes back against the U.S. in response to last week's airstrike that killed one of its top generals. "They're allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people," Trump said on Air Force One, according to the New York Times. "And we're not allowed to touch their cultural site? It doesn't work that way."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-threatens-harsh-sanctions-against-iraq-if-us-troops-expelled-report-2020-01-05?mod=home-page

THIS IS THE BEST PRESIDENT OUR COUNTRY HAS HAD. President Trump makes me feel so proud to be an American.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to The House of Representatives votes on the Financial Management Law