Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump’s Biggest Fox News Boosters Suddenly Stop Railing Against ‘Deep State’ Intelligence

Suddenly, it appears the U.S. intelligence community is back in good standing over at Fox News.

Since Trump’s election, an inescapably common refrain of the president and his biggest boosters in conservative media has been to rail against the “deep state.” The Russian election interference probe, they’ve repeatedly said, was nothing more than a coup or disinformation campaign perpetrated by the anti-Trump intelligence community.

Over the past 24 hours, however, incessant Fox griping over “deep state” suddenly went quiet, replaced by sober pleas that—when it comes to the info allegedly justifying Trump’s ordered airstrike killing Iran’s top general Qassem Soleimani—the U.S. intelligence community’s findings should be heeded and taken seriously as unimpeachably correct information.

Immediately after the Pentagon confirmed U.S. responsibility for the strike, claiming it “was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans,” Fox News host Sean Hannity—perhaps the most well-known “deep state” critic in media—heaped praise upon the intelligence community.

“The ability of the military, our intelligence community, the State Department, and the president making the call, very quickly, you know, understood that the Iranian forces on the ground bore a direct threat to the American people,” said Hannity, calling into his own show on Thursday night. “Once the intelligence was confirmed, once the understanding that they were there to sow the discord and discontent, the president acted as quickly as possible, taking out this top general.”

“But I will say the big headline is, this is a huge victory for American intelligence, a huge victory for our military, a huge victory for the State Department, and a huge victory and total leadership by the president,” the primetime host, who has spent more than two years and countless on-air segments railing against shadowy “deep state” intelligence, concluded.

By Friday morning, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo went even further than the Pentagon, saying that it was necessary to take out Soleimani as it disrupted an “imminent attack,” adding that “the risk doing nothing was enormous” and the “intelligence community made that assessment and President Trump acted decisively last night.”

Following Pompeo’s assertions, Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade—who last month chastised a Daily Beast writer for not asking Lisa Page about a deep-state conspiracy theory—openly defended and applauded the intelligence community.

After Fox News star Geraldo Rivera sarcastically noted the “U.S. intelligence has been excellent since 2003 when we invaded Iraq, disrupted the entire region, for no real reason,” he told Kilmeade not to “start cheering this on” while claiming his colleague “never met a war you didn’t like.”

“I will cheer it on. I am elated,” Kilmeade exclaimed, adding that it’s “not true” that he loves war.

During a later appearance on Fox News’ The Daily Briefing, host Dana Perino—a former Bush White House press secretary—repeatedly claimed an attack was “imminent,” asking Kilmeade what the consequences would have been if Trump didn’t act.

“What everyone is missing, it's not our choice,” the Fox & Friends host replied. “These things are happening. It's how we react to what is happening.”

Kilmeade—no longer skeptical of intelligence officials—also insisted that the president didn’t need to brief Congress before killing the Iranian leader because he needed to act quickly due to the information obtained.

“But if you want him to get congressional approval over a strike that is time sensitive when an attack is imminent and he landed at the airport? Are you kidding me?” Kilmeade huffed.

During Friday’s broadcast of Fox Business Network’s Varney and Co., anchor Stuart Varney also seemed a bit amnesiac over his previous missives against the intelligence community. Despite claiming in the past that the “deep state” was trying to undermine Trump’s presidency, the pro-Trump host credulously touted Pompeo’s “imminent attack” claim throughout his show.

“That’s what Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State, told Fox News earlier this morning, that there was an imminent attack and the president ordered the killing to stop that imminent attack,” Varney proclaimed at one point. “Good cause to do it.”

In a later segment, Fox & Friends Weekend host and unofficial Trump adviser Pete Hegseth—who once noted that the “American people didn’t vote for the Deep State”—also found newfound praise for the intel community, adding that Trump likely waited until the “intelligence lined up.”

A Fox News guest, however, seemed to reveal one of the biggest self-contradictions.

Former Trump adviser Christian Whiton lamented Friday on Fox News’ Outnumbered Overtime that it is “really sad” that Democrats “aren’t willing to give our president and our military the benefit of the doubt in a crisis.” 

A few weeks ago, though, Whiton gave no such benefit of the doubt to a member of both the military and intelligence community. During an interview with Fox Business host Lou Dobbs, Whiton called former National Security Council member and impeachment witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman a “deep state crybaby” who “poured himself into an Army outfit to go and frankly speak contemptuous things against the commander-in-chief.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-biggest-fox-news-boosters-234154938.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9maW5hbmNlLnlhaG9vLmNvbS9wb3J0Zm9saW8vcGZfMS92aWV3P2d1Y2NvdW50ZXI9MSZndWNlX3JlZmVycmVyPWFIUjBjSE02THk5bWFXNWhibU5sTG5saGFHOXZMbU52YlM5d2IzSjBabTlzYVc4dmNHWmZNUzkyYVdWMyZndWNlX3JlZmVycmVyX3NpZz1BUUFBQUNJVEMwbDU1RVRBWGpleXIxSmdoZ0UwU0NTZWxOZEdBSnVFS3l2cWVTSUsyOEJBcnNHbTFBNEdQUUQwTDVudmwxMkw4YUxmWVFtN05ZUkFZX09yc194RnhaQTZwcUh5dy1jV1N4Wk9wVElVVV80OFJCZWxXajdKT3lBSHZKSVJMdk5ZQVU2VHktdTlQMk9ReWE4VW5yYS14RE5FZDViV0pHci1EQW9ONktocw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEfH-WD52Mh4cxrIwCBEQj6t1fVEzPTLBQt45qRg73mSSXKFpeH7lViUuAJA8I48x4VKx_80mEHk74UDbD5drL5igfKSHlmvW4_pmeULTCCvdVFAEw0Ib3aobFDUs8lO9qgneMgn4G2scRQ_AZHLHTBhRrSW1b9NxwPL5xf92Akn

Maybe the Deep State is making it's play... Sucking them in and dropping the hammer.. They can't be bad one day and great the next, or can they?

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

I'm  confused, it's either too early for me to understand this piece or maybe my ignorance is showing thru but I've  never heard fox news claim that ALL were deep state.  Every barrel  has some bad apples and the time always comes to throw them out before all is spoiled.   Am I reading this right or is my mind still cloudy from New Years?.......lol just kidding, I was in bed by 9:30 PM.   Once again I find that most news sources are trying to find anything that may cause embarrassment to anybody or anything Trump. Do ya think this will ever end or will the slander continue to haunt us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Politics

‘Fox & Friends’ Host Ainsley Earhardt Simply Can’t Believe People Would Question the Intel Community

The Daily BeastJanuary 6, 2020, 11:14 AM EST

1383471bae8b73b685626038d935cc13

With skepticism growing over the rationale used by the White House to kill top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani—even among senior administration officialsFox & Friends host Ainsley Earhardt on Monday took issue with those critical of “our intelligence community’s decision” while calling for the American public to place its undivided trust in the Trump administration.

“I find it so interesting that people are critical of the president’s decisions, of our intelligence community’s decisions, of our generals’ decisions,” Earhardt huffed at the top of Monday’s Fox & Friends broadcast. 

“They want details,” co-host Steve Doocy noted.

“Well, they can’t have it,” Earhardt snapped back. “They can’t have it. Everything can’t be made public.”

The conservative Fox News star went on to note that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo insisted on Sunday that the intelligence behind the administration’s claims that Soleimani was planning an “imminent attack” was sound but that they can’t publicly release everything.

Earhardt, who once wondered aloud if the nefarious “deep state” intelligence community was responsible for comedian Samantha Bee's criticism of Ivanka Trump, would finish her point by approvingly recapping that the administration is telling the American people that “you just have to trust us basically.”

It didn’t take long for the Fox host’s stance to face online mockery, especially considering the network’s long-running narrative that actors within an anti-Trump intelligence community—often referred to as the “deep state”—have been waging a coup or disinformation campaign against the president.

“These are the same people who spent years arguing that the intelligence community could not be trusted, “ former federal prosecutor and CNN legal analyst Renato Mariotti tweeted on Monday morning.

Earhardt is far from the only Fox News personality to suddenly stop railing against the “deep state” and demand everyone take seriously the intel community’s findings. Immediately following the administration’s claims last week that Soleimani’s assassination disrupted an “imminent attack,” many of Fox’s biggest Trump boosters quickly dropped their overt criticism of intelligence agencies and openly defended and applauded them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-friends-host-ainsley-earhardt-161414102.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

BA

The same could be said of your Liberal friends.....who either hate or love intelligence community (ie Comey) depending on which pro/con info provided....so please don't play the "OMG" card

I don't remember any other president calling our intelligence agencies part of the Deep State or they were attempting a coup..

Paranoina big destroyer.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

7 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

BA

The same could be said of your Liberal friends.....who either hate or love intelligence community (ie Comey) depending on which pro/con info provided....so please don't play the "OMG" card

Morning Caz, hope your new year is off to a good start.  :peace: 

It seems the "OMG" card is the only way to counteract the "hypocrisy" card.  As always, just my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I don't remember any other president calling our intelligence agencies part of the Deep State or they were attempting a coup..

Paranoina big destroyer.

B/A

maybe not...but the left condemned Comey & Friends in regards to info released before the election....then became chummy again once he chose to go against Trump....or did you forget that? I guess that's ok in ur unbias/middle of the left turning road

Edited by caz1104
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Morning Caz, hope your new year is off to a good start.  :peace: 

It seems the "OMG" card is the only way to counteract the "hypocrisy" card.  As always, just my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV

Both cards are used on a regular basis (left & right), that's why I find it humorous.

And Yes my friend 2020 so far good.....u?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

don't remember any other president calling our intelligence agencies part of the Deep State or they were attempting a coup..

Paranoina big destroyer.

I also don’t remember the FBI and CIA both concocting a Phony Story to frame and take down a President.  I also don’t remember any other President who has been spied on and had everything  said in the White House leaked.  Please don’t give me the standard weak line of “it’s a conspiracy theory”, followed by the famous liberal smirk.   Go read the IG Report and brace yourself for Durham’s Report.  Maybe then you will understand the depth of FBI and CIA coordination with the DNC and the Obama Administration.  Good luck boys, you gonna need it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Gotta go back to the trade desk.  Thanks for letting me play..  I don’t know if the market will hold up, especially with retailitory talk and saber rattling by both sides.  Today has been a giant f u to Iran and a show of America’s Economic Strength.  I trade what I see, and today I see a lot of GREEN!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

If you don’t like the post give it a Red or respond.  A confused face is insulting.  

The confused face and smiley face is used to to try to make one feel stupid or ignorant...like you I find it insulting especially with the quality  and intelligence that many post.  Most post are designed to insult but now a confused or laughing face does the job for them without any input....only arrogance

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Paranoina big destroyer.

B/A

I don't recall any president trying to be removed from office by such an obvious attempt either. 

You don't call the obvious attempt by upper ABC groups to remove a legally elected president a coup?

There is proof and you choose to ignore it. 

It is not paranoia when it is true. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

There is proof and you choose to ignore it. 

It doesn't matter to Never Trumpers Hate America it so Racists Party. If Trump made a way to cure cancer they still complain, oh well Trump still POTUS 01/06/2020 clearly, and will be Re-elected, 8 years of crying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, yota691 said:

It doesn't matter to Never Trumpers Hate America it so Racists Party. If Trump made a way to cure cancer they still complain, oh well Trump still POTUS 01/06/2020 clearly, and will be Re-elected, 8 years of crying.

Perhaps your timeline is correct.......Luckily for our beloved United States of America, every day is one day closer to Trump's tenure being over, whether next January or four years after that.  Donald is a glass half full and getting less full with each passing day....which is nice.  :D

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Intelligence.....usually an oxymoron when it comes to goverment??

For me the Gold Standard is the US Military.....they usually get it right in a non partisan way...

The toilet bowl goes to the FBI and CIA working within the DOJ....Both are biased and corrupt....they don't work well together....and since the days of J Edgar........have a "God Syndrome"

So what ever Fox or CNN think, or broadcast.....or for that matter....most of the MSM....they rarely get it right...so I try to visit the sites that are still practicing real investigative journalism...

CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, learning all i can said:

The confused face and smiley face is used to to try to make one feel stupid or ignorant...like you I find it insulting especially with the quality  and intelligence that many post.  Most post are designed to insult but now a confused or laughing face does the job for them without any input....only arrogance

I started giving out the confused faces sometime ago because so many were complaining about the number of "red rubies" they were receiving....I guess I was lured into the political correctness game.....my intent was to to be demeaning.....rather just indicate that to my thinking the poster was confused in their thought process......

To me that is better than the red one where you are basically calling out the poster as a dumb a$$....

JMO.      CL

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

I started giving out the confused faces sometime ago because so many were complaining about the number of "red rubies" they were receiving....I guess I was lured into the political correctness game.....my intent was to to be demeaning.....rather just indicate that to my thinking the poster was confused in their thought process......

To me that is better than the red one where you are basically calling out the poster as a dumb a$$....

JMO.      CL

lol.....all of them are demeaning and showing disapproval but "hey" how must one express themselves other than a rebuttal that many refuse to show their cowardly response but willing to show their dislike faceless and nameless.  Of course that's pretty easy to do behind a keyboard, regardless still a coward.  I have no problem with one calling me out and perhaps responding with a decent reply that may help me see the other side of the coin but there are some here that respond with derrogatoy emojis just because of the dislike of the person and not the actual post.   Political correctness is just that.....aren't we trying to drain that swamp.  Political correctness  has taken away common courtesy and brought about bad behavior that all of us now accept as a way of life.  I include myself.....screw you before you screw me.....or if you screw me, I will screw you.  It has become very rare to find any common courtesy anywhere.  Just another sign of mankind devolving  but accepting it as ok or right....this isn't preaching just declaring my guilt.  Apparently I must be a follower instead of a leader.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

lol.....all of them are demeaning and showing disapproval but "hey" how must one express themselves other than a rebuttal that many refuse to show their cowardly response but willing to show their dislike faceless and nameless.  Of course that's pretty easy to do behind a keyboard, regardless still a coward.  I have no problem with one calling me out and perhaps responding with a decent reply that may help me see the other side of the coin but there are some here that respond with derrogatoy emojis just because of the dislike of the person and not the actual post.   Political correctness is just that.....aren't we trying to drain that swamp.  Political correctness  has taken away common courtesy and brought about bad behavior that all of us now accept as a way of life.  I include myself.....screw you before you screw me.....or if you screw me, I will screw you.  It has become very rare to find any common courtesy anywhere.  Just another sign of mankind devolving  but accepting it as ok or right....this isn't preaching just declaring my guilt.  Apparently I must be a follower instead of a leader.   

This statement is somewhat confusing for me, LAIC.  You mean kicking P.C. to the curb has brought about bad behavior and lack of common courtesy, right?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So now we have people trying to tell other people what emojis they should use and what they mean. 

I give out confused emojis because I am confused about the comment or the media presented.

I don't have to explain it and I don't owe anyone an explanation.

I have on occasion explained why I gave it and people have responded to it. 

I give out all imojis based on content not poster. 

I was raised in the 50s, 60,s and 70's. PC does not work for me. 

PC is used by people who want an advantage over other people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

no, I mean having to be politically correct and do believe all of Washingtons thoughts and beliefs are the only way for as to think and live

Take Merry Chrisymas as an example.  Now if anything ever deserved a squirrely face, this would be among the top.  Just so your party says it's so doesn't make it fact.  When did we as men and wo.en with a half a brain become so dedicated to a political party that we no long use any of our own brain power and decency.  Just my way of thinking that perhaps it's time for us to look at ourselves instead of letting government dictate what we say, do and believe

• Upvote 1