Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Tweets Predicting Obama Would Start A War With Iran To Get Reelected Are Coming Back To Haunt Him

News

Trump tweets predicting Obama would start a war with Iran to get reelected are coming back to haunt him

8671bb20-a4bf-11e9-bf77-b045690ae315
Business InsiderJanuary 3, 2020

dd72ec40-2e27-11ea-bf5f-ac4851fa2799
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Twitter

• In 2011 and 2012, Donald Trump repeatedly accused President Barack Obama of seeking war with Iran to help win the 2012 presidential election.

• "In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran," Trump tweeted in 2011, years before he began his own presidential campaign.

• On Thursday, Trump ordered the killing of Qassem Soleimani, a top Iranian military commander who was one of the most powerful men in the Middle East.

• The assassination came with Trump's approval rating mired at 42% and with him facing removal from office through impeachment in a US election year.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Tweets from back in 2011 and 2012 in which Donald Trump predicted that President Barack Obama would start a war with Iran to secure his reelection have gone viral after the US assassinated a top Iranian general, dramatically escalating its confrontation with Iran.

Trump personally ordered the killing by airstrike of Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who is believed to have died in the early hours of Friday near an airport in Baghdad.

The Pentagon said Soleimani, who led the Quds force and was one of the most powerful men in the Middle East, "was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region."

Trump's only statement was to tweet a picture of the US flag.

Despite Trump's evident pride at the attack, many on social media seized on his previous posts where, with Obama in the White House, Trump had condemned the idea of military action against Iran as foolish electioneering.

In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

Trump, then best known as a reality-TV star and real-estate developer, hammered home the point in a 2011 video filmed in his Trump Tower office.

Trump on Nov. 16, 2011:

“Our president will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate. He's weak and he's ineffective. So the only way he figures that he's going to get reelected — and as sure as you're sitting there — is to start a war with Iran.”

Embedded video

After Obama won reelection, Trump continued to accuse him of seeking war with Iran.

I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face!

Trump's attacks on Obama's Iran policy came amid heightened tensions over Iran's nuclear program, which the Obama administration had sought to halt.

Israel, a key US ally in the Middle East, had threatened airstrikes meant to cripple Iran's nuclear program. But with Obama having pledged to limit US entanglement in foreign conflicts, the administration was wary of conflict with Iran.

During his second term Obama sought rapprochement with Iran and its new reformist president, Hassan Rouhani, successfully negotiating the Iran nuclear deal that saw Iran halt its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.

During Trump's three years in power tensions with Iran have escalated, with the president scrapping the nuclear deal in 2018 and introducing new, punishing sanctions.

Iran responded with a series of attacks on the US and its allies, culminating in an attack on the US Embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday by protesters from an Iran-backed militia.

Trump's approval rating is languishing at 42.4%, according a model by FiveThirtyEight, and he is the first US president to face an impeachment trial while running for reelection.

The most recent president to be impeached, Bill Clinton, also faced accusations of launching a foreign military strike to distract voters from his domestic political woes.

Back in December 1998, Clinton authorized airstrikes against Iraq, then controlled by Saddam Hussein, only a day after the House of Representatives accused him of "high crimes and misdemeanors" in relation to his affair with the White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-tweets-predicting-obama-start-110519741.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Fox News Legal Analyst Predicts Trump Will Start War With Iran -- And Get Reelected

Lee Moran  HuffPostJanuary 3, 2020

Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano on Thursday predicted President Donald Trump would start a war with Iran in 2020, the day before the U.S. airstrike that killed the country’s top general Qassem Soleimani.

Napolitano, a former New Jersey Superior Court judge who has become a frequent Trump critic, envisioned the president drawing the U.S. into a conflict with Iran in multiple-choice answers to his office pool questions that he shared on the conservative network’s website

Napolitano also predicted Trump would meet privately with Russian President Vladimir Putin at his Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida, at some point in the next 12 months.

He further foresaw Trump winning reelection in November, suspending work on the U.S.-Mexico border “because the land on which he wants to build is owned by Republicans who won’t sell to the government” and deploying more U.S. troops around the world.

In sports, Napolitano predicted the New York Yankees would win the World Series and the Jacksonville Jaguars would take home the Super Bowl.

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-andrew-napolitano-donald-trump-war-iran-101428968.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

Oh my....the Jags.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

If Hillarious was POTUS, we would have already been engaged in a full-fledged WAR.

Trump has exhibited the most resolve and patience with Iran and other countries that I have been surprised things weren't farther along by now.

One thing is sure, when you still boats, you are reprimanded publicly...when you kill Americans, you are hit hard by this POTUS.

Indy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Fox News Legal Analyst Predicts Trump Will Start War With Iran -- And Get Reelected

Lee Moran  HuffPostJanuary 3, 2020

Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano on Thursday predicted President Donald Trump would start a war with Iran in 2020, the day before the U.S. airstrike that killed the country’s top general Qassem Soleimani.

Napolitano, a former New Jersey Superior Court judge who has become a frequent Trump critic, envisioned the president drawing the U.S. into a conflict with Iran in multiple-choice answers to his office pool questions that he shared on the conservative network’s website

Napolitano also predicted Trump would meet privately with Russian President Vladimir Putin at his Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida, at some point in the next 12 months.

He further foresaw Trump winning reelection in November, suspending work on the U.S.-Mexico border “because the land on which he wants to build is owned by Republicans who won’t sell to the government” and deploying more U.S. troops around the world.

In sports, Napolitano predicted the New York Yankees would win the World Series and the Jacksonville Jaguars would take home the Super Bowl.

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-andrew-napolitano-donald-trump-war-iran-101428968.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

Oh my....the Jags.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Yes I predicted this months ago. Trump like other politicians use war as a way to stay in office... Nothing new.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 11

25 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

Who attacked our Base.  Who threw the first punch

I didn’t hear you condemn the attack of our Base or our Embassy

This is not the time or place to start this divisive BS BA.  

Trumps tweets are indeed real, Pitcher.....and Yes, they were then and are now, Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish.  Every time Donald tweets negatively about former POTUS Obama, he's essentially telling us about himself.  The pattern is so easy to follow, I'm surprised his intellectual fan base hasn't picked up on it.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 9

I don’t particularly like President Trumps Tweets 

They are childish and Rubbish for the most part

I also don’t care for Dems second guessing the President in a time of crisis. 

We are not privy to the information and the intel President Trump is receiving.  

I’m saying it would be a good thing to not be so divisive at this time.  

• Upvote 4

Shabbs 

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

On a side note:  Had Trump not irresponsibly pulled the U.S. from Syria, the vacuum further opening the door to Iran would not be switched on.  He claims to not want the U.S. in stupid wars and yet he has us right on the doorstep of yet another.  As always, just my opinion

If you are going to insist on knocking the President at this time I’ll have to ignore your posts.  It’s similar to what you were just saying about President Trumps Tweets.  Your last 2 posts show your incredible Hatred.  This isn’t the time imo.  

Let the damn dust settle dude.  We can debate things after all the info gets out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

On a side note:  Had Trump not irresponsibly pulled the U.S. from Syria, the vacuum further opening the door to Iran would not be switched on.  He claims to not want the U.S. in stupid wars and yet he has us right on the doorstep of yet another.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

The same stupid maneuver that Obama pulled and essentially created ISIS......when will our government leaders learn from past mistakes?  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Pitcher said:

Shabbs 

If you are going to insist on knocking the President at this time I’ll have to ignore your posts.  It’s similar to what you were just saying about President Trumps Tweets.  Your last 2 posts show your incredible Hatred.  This isn’t the time imo.  

Let the damn dust settle dude.  We can debate things after all the info gets out.  

My hatred is purely for our failed foreign policy in the middle east.....but sure, feel free to ignore me if you must.  No harm, no foul.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 4
  • Downvote 8

I like to read your posts. You are different and I like balance.  That doesn’t make your thoughts correct though, not all the time.  

Our ME policy has been a disaster since Harry Truman thumbed his nose at the Arabs in 1947.  It’s been a colossal misstep and missed opportunities by both Arab countries and Western powers.  To suggest every current problem in the ME is the fault of President Trump is naive and agenda driven. Just my opinion, which isn’t always correct either.  That’s why we debate.  A good civil debate is nothing to be afraid of and an open mind is not a terrible thing either.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I also don’t care for Dems second guessing the President in a time of crisis. 

when in the last three years has the country not been in one crisis or another?? Seems we are more divided than ever and that is not a good thing from my perspective

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Coup attempts, Phony Russia story, Impeachment, all propagated by the Dems and a complicit Media.  All of that behavior is out of the norm, even for the most partisan opposing politics in the past.  Crisis?  To some extent yes but what is going on in Iraq is totally different

Our military bases and Embassy were attacked!!!  If our politicians cannot cool their rhetoric for a few days until the dust settles and the intel and information is let out then we DO have a major crisis in this country.  If we can’t come together during a time like this then we may be headed for a civil war.  Just my opinion for whatever it’s worth.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Coup attempts, Phony Russia story, Impeachment, all propagated by the Dems and a complicit Media.  All of that behavior is out of the norm, even for the most partisan opposing politics in the past.  Crisis?  To some extent yes but what is going on in Iraq is totally different

Our military bases and Embassy were attacked!!!  If our politicians cannot cool their rhetoric for a few days until the dust settles and the intel and information is let out then we DO have a major crisis in this country.  If we can’t come together during a time like this then we may be headed for a civil war.  Just my opinion for whatever it’s worth.

Ever notice how we must listen and accept everything the "intel" community tells us.....unless it complicates Trump's political stature, then they're simply deep state institutions?  Come on, Pitcher...you must see the hypocrisy here.  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 5

It's complicated.....Shabs your tweet info, if nothing else, illustrates Trumps history of off the charts tweeting...

A bad man was killed, and a strong message was sent....The ME will benefit from this.....

Is Trump a War monger only trying to get reelected.....that's a real stretch......BTW....what was  Soleimani doing in Baghdad?.....probably just humanitarian work...

The attempt was to create another Bengazzi......an attempt to create that by paying up to 3000 would be rioters $35 each to protest...create some trouble.....perhaps US security kills a few of them and 10's of thousands join in.....that was the plan, created by Soleimani.

Now....should we worry much....think about this....the last war Iran and Iraq fought lasted 8 years....no one won....both touted the elite Republican Guard units....it took the US 3 days to over run The Iraq Guard.....

Perhaps Iran has a nuke.....well if they do, that would only prove Trump to be right.....

So just some thoughts.....and I'll end with this thought......Government is back in session today......our divided Government......half will condemn Trump for this, which will only embolden an enemy.

An enemy of the US was eliminated yesterday....let's be thankful for that.

CL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

I heard this morning on our 24 News Channel a ME expert ( an Italian journalist) who , while commenting the last events, added that the US have the intention to move most if not all missiles currently  in the Turkey base of Incirklik to Iraq ASAP ( Edogan has recently purchased weaponry from Russia even though Turkey is a NATO member)...

I don't know if Suleimani was in the know of that......

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, umbertino said:

I heard this morning on our 24 News Channel a ME expert ( an Italian journalist) who , while commenting the last events, added that the US have the intention to move most if not all missiles currently  in the Turkey base of Incirklik to Iraq ASAP ( Edogan has recently purchased weaponry from Russia even though Turkey is a NATO member)...

I don't know if Suleimani was in the know of that......

The US has 50 known nukes in Turkey...probably a good idea to get them out of there!

CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Representative of the  Hate America Party...

Trump-Hater Rashida Tlaib Lashes Out at President Trump Following Targeted Strike on World’s No. 1 Terrorist

Jim Hoft by Jim Hoft January 3, 2020 198 Comments

soleimani-abu-mahdi-al-muhandis-2-600x39

President Trump decisively ordered a strike that took out Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani.

The United States killed General Qassim Soleimani, a top commander of Iran’s al-Quds Force, in an airstrike at Baghdad’s International Airport. The strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces. Seven people were reportedly killed in the airstrike.

Despite the imminent threat to American lives and Iran’s responsibility for the deaths of over 600 Americans, 2020 Democrats are predictably opposed to taking out “the world’s no. 1 bad guy.”

But not everyone was happy.

rashida-tlaib-1-600x338.jpg

Democrat Rashida Tlaib joined the choir of Iranian sympathizers and attacked President Trump following the attack.

Rashida Tlaib tweeted:  We cannot stay silent as this lawless President recklessly moves us closer to yet another unnecessary war that puts innocent lives at risk at home & across the globe. Congress alone has the authority to declare war, & we must reclaim our responsibility & say no to war with Iran.

We cannot stay silent as this lawless President recklessly moves us closer to yet another unnecessary war that puts innocent lives at risk at home & across the globe. Congress alone has the authority to declare war, & we must reclaim our responsibility & say no to war with Iran.

— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) January 3, 2020

• Haha 1

President Donald J. Trump, joined by Vice President Mike Pence, participates in a roundtable discussion on the Governors’ Initiative on Regulatory Innovation Monday, Dec. 16, 2019, in the Cabinet Room of the White House. (Official White House Photo by Tia Dufour)
JANUARY 03, 2020 RYAN MORGAN

President Donald Trump’s decision to launch an airstrike against top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani has prompted both vows of revenge from Iranian leaders and condemnations from some U.S. lawmakers and politicians back home, but some U.S. military veterans are happy with the news.

On Thursday evening Marine veteran Jesse Kelly tweeted praise for the strike after attributing the disfigurement of many U.S. troops to Soleimani’s support for violent attacks throughout the Middle East. Kelly said, “He’s unquestionably an enemy of America and I’m glad he’s dead and I’m bummed it was a quick death.”

If you’ve been to a VA hospital in recent years and seen a young man missing limbs, there’s a reasonable chance Qasem Soleimani is responsible for it. He’s unquestionably an enemy of America and I’m glad he’s dead and I’m bummed it was a quick death.

— Jesse Kelly (@JesseKellyDC) January 3, 2020

Trump retweeted Kelly’s remarks on the death of Soleimani, raising up Kelly’s tweet in support of the strike.

Trump himself described Soleimani’s connection to attacks throughout the Middle East, including deaths of protesters opposing the Iranian regime from within.

….of PROTESTERS killed in Iran itself. While Iran will never be able to properly admit it, Soleimani was both hated and feared within the country. They are not nearly as saddened as the leaders will let the outside world believe. He should have been taken out many years ago!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 3, 2020

Sean Parnell, a former U.S. Army captain who was wounded in combat in Iraq, also praised Trump’s decision to carry out the airstrike against Soleimani.

Iran is the world’s #1 state sponsor of terror. They kidnap & kill Americans.
They’re responsible for the deaths of thousands of US troops.
They’ve wounded thousands more.
They attacked our embassy.
Soleimani was the architect of it all. The world is better off without him. 
https://t.co/OyHGkGENlV

— Sean Parnell (@SeanParnellUSA) January 3, 2020

Parnell also defended the Trump administration’s decision for the strike against criticism from Ben Rhodes, a speechwriter for former President Barrack Obama’s administration and a proponent of the largely defunct 2015 Iran nuclear agreement.

Iran has been attacking & killing Americans for DECADES. They’re already at war with us.
The administration you worked for sent Iran billions, in multiple currencies, & in turn Iran funneled that money into more attacks on Americans.

Maybe sit this one out. https://t.co/hLEyJZnde3

— Sean Parnell (@SeanParnellUSA) January 3, 2020

Texas Army National Guard Special Forces soldier Tim Kennedy did warn that while the U.S. has been in similar situations in the past, the strike against Soleimani does place the U.S. in a dangerous position.

I’m on @foxandfriends this morning. Discussing the way forward. We have scary times ahead of us. We have killed evil men before. This isn’t uncharted territory. But it is a dangerous time.

— Tim Kennedy (@TimKennedyMMA) January 3, 2020

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg, who served with the Navy in Afghanistan, described Soleimani as the mastermind of attacks on U.S. troops and allies in the region, but said the U.S. must now contend with “the immediate and very real dangers to American citizens in and out of uniform in the Middle East.”

My statement on the killing of Qassim Suleimani. pic.twitter.com/DUCVczjNzm

— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) January 3, 2020

Buttigieg is one of several Democratic presidential candidates who criticized the strike.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1