Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An American newspaper warns of a catastrophic situation if Iraq’s exception to sanctions on Iran ends

3n1

10 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Soleimani funeral procession eulogist puts prize on Trump’s head

535f1786-1804-4f41-bc61-ec6bb7e32cf1_16x
Iranians gather in the northeastern city of Mashhad to pay homage to slain major general Qasem Soleimani. (AFP)

The eulogist at the funeral procession of prominent Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in Iran put an 80-million-dollar prize on US President Donald Trump’s head on live state TV.

“We are 80 million Iranians, if each one of us puts aside one American dollar, we will have 80 million American dollars, and we will reward anyone who brings us [Trump]’s head with that amount,” he said, addressing a large crowd in Iran’s north-eastern city of Mashhad.

The funeral procession was being broadcast live on Iran’s Channel One as the eulogist made his proposal.

Soleimani, who headed Iran’s elite Quds Force - the overseas arm of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) - was killed in a US airstrike in Baghdad on Friday.

The deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes was also killed in the attack.

Iranian officials, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Hassan Rouhani, as well as several senior IRGC commanders, have vowed revenge against the US.

Last Update: Sunday, 5 January 2020

Iran is so broke they have to rely on a low-tech go fund me for their terrorism now.

Edited by Kenny_Logins
auto-filter of a commercial website
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I don’t think Trump is bluffing.  He’s determined to take Iran DOWN.  

Correct. This has been the plan ever since he doubled down on the sanctions. He has been fighting Iran financially for a couple of years, now he's just adding military resources. His goal is regime change, and the Iranian protesters are on board.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

141296.jpg?width=750&&height=375

01/20/2020 23:25
  • Views 2647
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Hackers hack into the site of the Sadrist leader

Baghdad / Obelisk: Unidentified people penetrated the Sadr website, our answer.

The hackers said they sought to "help the United States to rid them of what they called the terrorism of Moqtada al-Sadr."

Obelisk

When you meet Iranian immigrants or their children, many are non-religious. Living under murderous theocratic regimes will do that to people. I think that is starting to happen to the younger generation of Iraqis, and if so, even those of Shi'ite descent have no attraction, loyalty, or respect for Sadr. His luster is dulling fast with these Iraqis, and I think he'll eventually be forced to flee to Iran.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Pitcher said:

“We are 80 million Iranians, if each one of us puts aside one American dollar, we will have 80 million American dollars, and we will reward anyone who brings us [Trump]’s head with that amount,” he said, addressing a large crowd in Iran’s north-eastern city of Mashhad.

28 minutes ago, Kenny_Logins said:

Iran is so broke they have to rely on a low-tech go fund me for their terrorism now.

Yo Snap - Kenny Logins Droppin’ Bombs Into The ‘Danger Zone’ ! :o 

caddyshack best movie ever gophers gifs kenny loggins - 8134238464

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Kenny_Logins said:

Correct. This has been the plan ever since he doubled down on the sanctions. He has been fighting Iran financially for a couple of years, now he's just adding military resources. His goal is regime change, and the Iranian protesters are on board.

I just heard on Fox, that Trump said if Iraq throws our military out, he will put sanctions on them that are worse than Iran's.

Goodbye RV.  😢

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I just heard on Fox, that Trump said if Iraq throws our military out, he will put sanctions on them that are worse than Iran's.

Goodbye RV.  😢

Relax Floridian - The Kurds Would Never Allow For The Abandonment Of The Americans To Create An Open Vacuum For The Iranians ! :o 

shocked oh no GIF

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

On 1/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, DinarThug said:

Member of the Victory Coalition: Halbusi and the Kurds will block the law to remove US forces

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%

17:44 - 04/01/2020

Al-Nasr coalition member Ahmed Al- Hamdani warned, on Saturday, that Arab and Kurdish political parties will obstruct the law of removing American forces from Iraq , in order to preserve their interests with the United States.

Al-Hamdani said to the "information", that "the Iraqi parliament in front of an important historical detail after the martyrdom of the deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Committee Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and General Qasim Soleimani at the hands of the American aggression to legislate the law to remove foreign forces from Iraq."

He added, “Legislation will face complications and obstacles from Speaker of Parliament Muhammad Al-Halbousi due to the latter’s proximity to the United States of America,” adding that “Kurdish political forces also have ties to the Americans and the law’s legislation will face political rejection from these parties.”

On Saturday, the deputy of the Al-Fath Alliance, Muhammad Karim, affirmed that all response options will be open to the Islamic resistance factions and the popular crowd if the United States of America does not abide by the forthcoming House of Representatives decision to remove the American forces from the country. Foreign forces from the country and the bill to repeal the strategic agreement with the United States of America.

LINK

Member of the Victory Coalition: Halbusi and the Kurds will block the law to remove US forces

17:44 - 04/01/2020

Al-Nasr coalition member Ahmed Al- Hamdani warned, on Saturday, that Arab and Kurdish political parties will obstruct the law of removing American forces from Iraq , in order to preserve their interests with the United States.

Al-Hamdani said to the "information", that "the Iraqi parliament in front of an important historical detail after the martyrdom of the deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Committee Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and General Qasim Soleimani at the hands of the American aggression to legislate the law to remove foreign forces from Iraq."

He added, “Legislation will face complications and obstacles from Speaker of Parliament Muhammad Al-Halbousi due to the latter’s proximity to the United States of America,” adding that “Kurdish political forces also have ties to the Americans and the law’s legislation will face political rejection from these parties.”

On Saturday, the deputy of the Al-Fath Alliance, Muhammad Karim, affirmed that all response options will be open to the Islamic resistance factions and the popular crowd if the United States of America does not abide by the forthcoming House of Representatives decision to remove the American forces from the country. Foreign forces from the country and the bill to repeal the strategic agreement with the United States of America.

12 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I sure hope you’re right, Thugs.

Wtf - Do U Even Read The Posts That I Make In This Thread Where I Don’t Quote U ? :o 

Such As The One Above And A Couple Of Subsequent Ones That I’m About To Make ! ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Trump says he'll sanction Iraq if US troops forced to leave

BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 01/05/20 08:26 PM EST

President Trump said Sunday that the United States would not leave Iraq on “friendly” terms and threatened to impose sanctions on the country if forced to withdraw American troops.

“If they do ask us to leave, if we don’t do it in a very friendly basis, we will charge them sanctions like they’ve never seen before ever. It’ll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Sunday afternoon when asked about the vote by Iraq’s parliament to end U.S. troop presence in the country.

“If there’s any hostility, that they do anything we think is inappropriate, we are going to put sanctions on Iraq, very big sanctions on Iraq,” Trump added.

Trump made the remarks to reporters while traveling from Palm Beach, Fla., to Washington, D.C., after a two-week stint at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Earlier Sunday, the Iraqi parliament voted in favor of a resolution calling on the country’s government to work toward ending U.S. troop presence there after a U.S. airstrike killed a top Iranian general in the capital of Baghdad. American forces have maintained a presence in Iraq since 2014 as part of the operation targeting ISIS.

The bill is subject to approval by the Iraqi government.

Trump also at one point Sunday suggested that American forces wouldn’t leave Iraq unless the country paid the U.S. back for its “expensive air base” there, an apparent reference to the Al Asad Air Base.

“We have a very extraordinarily expensive air base that’s there. It cost billions of dollars to build. Long before my time,” Trump said. “We’re not leaving unless they pay us back for it.”

The Iraqi parliament vote on Sunday was among a number of developments in the wake of the killing of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who commanded Iran’s Quds Force. U.S. officials have described the strike as a defensive measure meant to halt planned attacks on Americans; Soleimani is said to have been responsible for attacks that killed hundreds of American troops over the years.

The strike came amid heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran in the region, following the death of an another site in a rocket attack in Iraq that Washington blamed on Tehran.

Iran has vowed retaliation for Soleimani’s death. Trump, meanwhile, has threatened to hit Iranian sites if Tehran strikes Americans or U.S. assets in response, including threatening to hit Iranian cultural sites. Some have argued that attacking a cultural site could be considered a war crime.

“They’re allowed to kill our people,” Trump told reporters Sunday evening. “They’re allowed to torture and maim our people. They’re allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people. And we’re not allowed to touch their cultural site?”

“It doesn’t work that way,” Trump said. 

link

• Upvote 7

Trump administration tried to stop Iraqi parliament's vote on expelling US troops: report

BY REBECCA KLAR - 01/05/20 06:15 PM EST

The Trump administration tried to stop an Iraqi vote to expel the U.S. military from the country after an American airstrike killed top Iranian military commander Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Axios reported Sunday. 

Two U.S. officials and an Iraqi government official familiar with the situation told Axios that the Trump administration tried to persuade top Iraqi officials to kill the parliamentary effort.

Iraq's parliament reportedly voted Sunday to approve of the expulsion of the U.S. military following last week’s attack that killed Soleimani. 

A U.S. official familiar with the effort told Axios that expelling the U.S. military from Iraq "would be inconvenient for us, but it would be catastrophic for Iraq."

"It's our concern that Iraq would take a short-term decision that would have catastrophic long-term implications for the country and its security," the official told Axios.

"But it's also what would happen to them financially if they allowed Iran to take advantage of their economy to such an extent that they would fall under the sanctions that are on Iran," the official added. "We don't want to see that. We're trying very hard to work to have that not happen."

A senior Iraqi official told Axios that many Kurdish and Sunni members of parliament, who tend to be more supportive of the U.S. presence in Iraq, did not attend the vote to expel the U.S. presence. 

"This is a temporary victory for the parties which are pro-Iranian," the official told Axios. "But it's also a clear message from the Sunnis and from the Kurds [who didn't vote] and from some Iraqi Shia for the Americans to tell them we want you to stay in Iraq."

A spokesperson for the White House was not immediately available for comment.

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

Member of the Victory Coalition: Halbusi and the Kurds will block the law to remove US forces

Wtf - Do U Even Read The Posts That I Make In This Thread Where I Don’t Quote U ? :o 

Such As The One Above And A Couple Of Subsequent Ones That I’m About To Make ! ;) 

Sorry,  I don’t get to read every single thing that everyone posts, or I would never get any sleep.   And, on the other hand, I read so much that I can’t remember anything I read.  😁

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Sorry,  I don’t get to read every single thing that everyone posts, or I would never get any sleep.   And, on the other hand, I read so much that I can’t remember anything I read.  😁

Just Follow CNN - This One And Not The Fake One ! :o 

Along With That Pitcher Guy - Even If The Only Thing That He Knows How To Throw Is Screwballs ...

Not To Mention The Totally Legit Newshounds Here Like Master Yota And Buti ! B) 

And As Of Late - Bro 6ly ....... Although His Legitimacy Is Still Under Permanent Review ...

:lmao:  :lmao:

Edited by DinarThug
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Just Follow CNN - This One And Not The Fake One ! :o 

Along With That Pitcher Guy - Even If The Only Thing That He Knows How To Throw Is Screwballs ...

Not To Mention The Totally Legit Newshounds Here Like Master Yota And Buti ! B) 

:lmao:  :lmao:

Okay, I'll give it a shot!  😁

8 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Pitcher knows how to tell time too.  And it’s time to close down the shop. 

FB8C32C4-700B-4961-8217-8D9A6B804FFD.gif.73347d7a6708077be7762a3f7bb7d189.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

Goodbye RV.  😢

For strategic purposes, Trump often makes threats he doesn't mean. He has no intention of sanctioning Iraq, but threatening to do so makes him unpredictable. Just like offing Soleimani made him unpredictable. Just like going warm and cold on Kim Jung-Un makes him unpredictable. It's a strategic advantage because no one can commit resources to their own next move.

Trump wants the dinar to reinstate. He wants Iran out and Iraq liberated. Any threat to deviate from those goals is just Trump creating a smoke screen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Japan PM Abe sticks to plan to deploy Self-Defense Forces to Middle East

9be1dc37-5341-482f-a391-0cbbd4a26a0f_16x
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (R) and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani (L). (File photo: Reuters)

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe repeated his plans to deploy the Self-Defense Forces to the Middle East to ensure the safety of its ships, even as tensions in the region erupt in the wake of the United States’ killing of one of Iran’s top military commanders.

At a televised news conference on Monday, Abe called on nations involved to make diplomatic efforts to ease tensions and avoid further escalation.

On Friday, US President Donald Trump ordered the killing of Qassem Soleimani, leader of the Revolutionary Guards’ Quds Force via an air-strike.

Early in 2019, Prime Minister Abe wanted to “make every effort to reduce tension” between the United States and Iran before responding to an expected US request to send its navy to safeguard strategic waters off Iran, according to a report by Reuters.

He then also emphasized Japan’s “long tradition of friendship” with Iran in a statement.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/2020/01/06/Japan-PM-Abe-sticks-to-plan-to-deploy-Self-Defense-Forces-to-Middle-East.html

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Conscious / Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq: the plane that assassinated the engineer and Suleimani was launched from Kuwait

January 4, 2020

Conscious / Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq: the plane that assassinated the engineer and Suleimani was launched from Kuwait

Conscious / Baghdad

The "Popular League of the Right" movement affiliated with the Popular Mobilization confirmed today, Saturday, that the American plane that carried out the attack on the Vice President of the crowd, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, and Major General Qassem Soleimani, departed from Kuwait.

"All reports about the MQ-9 drone , which killed the two martyrs Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and Qasim Soleimani, and which they said were based in Qatar, are completely false information regarding the preliminary investigation," said a statement by the Al-Asaib Movement received by (Iraqi Media News Agency)) .

The statement added: "We found that the only airport for this plane is the State of Kuwait, specifically at Ali Al Salem Air Force Base."

Al-Muhandes and Suleimani were assassinated in an attack by a droning plane at dawn last Friday near Baghdad International Airport.

LINK

Fake news everywhere.....with the intent to cause more trouble in the region......think logically........40 miles North of Baghdad.....where the US stations some of thier drone force.......Balad Air Base.

CL

US President Threatens Iraq with Crippling Sanctions

Basnews English 06/01/2020 - 10:38 Published in Iraq
US President Threatens Iraq with Crippling Sanctions

ERBIL — US President Donald Trump has threatened to impose harsh sanctions if Iraq expels the US troops in retaliation for the US airstrike which killed senior Iranian commander and Iraq’s militia leader last Friday in Baghdad.

“We will charge them sanctions like they've never seen before ever. It'll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame,” Trump told reporters late on Sunday.

“If there's any hostility, that they do anything we think is inappropriate, we are going to put sanctions on Iraq, very big sanctions on Iraq.”

The US president noted that his country will not leave Iraq without being paid back for its military investments over the years.

It comes after Iraqi parliament passed a resolution to ask the government to oust foreign troops, including US forces, from Iraq as part of the measures in the aftermath of killing military commanders by US drones.

102305.jpg?width=750&&height=375

01/26 2020 13:34
  • Views 84
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Warnings of an economic war on Iraq after Trump's hinting of sanctions

Baghdad / Obelisk: Rep. Al-Hikma, Star al-Jabri, warned Monday, January 06, 2020, of the economic war that the United States is seeking to impose on Iraq, after US President Donald Trump's threat to impose sanctions on Iraq.

Al-Jabri said in an interview with Mahia agencies, "The failure to adopt solutions and moderation and the use of the language of reason and the state in the coming days at the legislative and executive level will enter the country in a new crisis with Washington." He added, "The US economic sanctions are expected in the event that some take reckless steps that lead the country to a dangerous slope."

Al-Jabri said, "Washington adopts the principle of an economic war against Iraq in case its interests are targeted in the country."

Earlier in the day, US President Donald Trump had imposed sanctions on Baghdad after the Iraqi parliament demanded that US forces leave the country. Adding that if his forces leave, Baghdad will have to pay Washington the cost of its air base.

"We have an air base there that is exceptionally expensive," Trump told reporters on the presidential plane. "It took billions of dollars to build it long before I came. We will not leave unless they pay us their costs." "If Iraq demands the departure of the American forces and this is not done on a friendly basis, we will impose sanctions on them they have never seen before," Trump said.

Iran's sanctions next to it will be a small thing. ”On Sunday, the Iraqi parliament voted in favor of the government’s obligation to remove foreign forces from the country, cancel the security agreement with the United States, and cancel the request to assist the international coalition led by Washington in combating terrorism.

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/185537/تحذيرات-من-حرب-اقتصادية-على-العراق-بعد-تلويح-ترامب-بالعقوبات

06-01-2020 02:21 PM

An American newspaper warns of a catastrophic situation if Iraq’s exception to sanctions on Iran ends

image.php?token=f22da57f143306915cc323e2da381d91&c=6382836&size=

Baghdad / news

A US journalist warned today, Monday, of a catastrophic situation in the event of a cut in energy supplies to Iraq after the end of his exemption from US sanctions on Iran.

Louisa Lovelock, director of the Washington Washington Post office in Baghdad and Beirut, said in a tweet on Twitter that the US State Department in October granted Iraq a second waiver of sanctions to purchase vital energy imports from Iran.

She added that this period ends in a month or so, amid talk of sanctions and escalating tensions between the United States and Iran.

Did the United States grant a concession or other exception? Disconnecting the power supply can be disastrous.

US President Donald Trump earlier Monday threatened to impose sanctions on Baghdad after the Iraqi parliament demanded that US forces leave the country, stating that if his forces left, Baghdad would have to pay Washington the cost of an air base there.

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=206398

Follow-up Monday, 06 January 2020 03:34 PM

Qasim Soleimani and Iranian gangs everywhere

A leaked classified document reveals the role of Qassem Soleimani in committing genocide and massacres in Iraq

A secret Iranian intelligence document, published by The Intercept, revealed today, Monday, the role of the Quds Force commander in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Qassem Soleimani, and his role in committing genocide during the war against ISIS.

The document also warned of the outbreak of sectarian war in Iraq, because of Soleimani's policy, which she described as evil, and revealed the admiration of the Iranian leader who was killed at dawn on Friday in a US raid on the Baghdad airport campus, with the personality of Ahmed Davutoglu, former Turkish Prime Minister.

And the Al-Arabiya website reported that the lengthy report refuted how, over the years, Soleimani gained a reputation as a fearful military leader, controlling a network of ideological militias in several regions in the Middle East, and drawing a more accurate picture of Soleimani through an archive leaked from the secret Iranian spy agency.

The site obtained some of its documents prepared by officers of the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security who were stationed in Iraq between 2013 and 2015, when the Iranian war against ISIS was at its height, and Soleimani was managing the confrontation.

"Terrorist figure"

Those documents revealed how Soleimani was seen in some corners of the Iranian intelligence establishment, in contrast to the image rumored about him as an invincible strategic expert. While the Iran-led war against ISIS was raging, Iranian spies secretly expressed concern about the brutal tactics favored by Soleimani and his Iraqi agents , Which was establishing, in their assessment, a major reaction against the Iranian presence in Iraq.

While the image of the Iranian leader was depicted on some battlefields in Iraq as a creative military leader, many Iraqis saw him as a terrorist figure, and some telegrams prepared by Iranian intelligence officials included Soleimani's movements and his meetings with senior Iraqi officials, while others also touched on criminal militia activities Affiliate in Iraq.

In addition, intelligence officials criticized Suleimani in some documents because of his isolation from Sunni Arab societies and his help in creating conditions that justify the renewed American military presence in Iraq.

The rock cliff massacre

An Interior Ministry document regretted in 2014, in part because Soleimani, as the leader of many Iraqi Shiite militias fighting ISIS, had a role in the Jurf al-Sakhr massacre against the Sunni population.

The document also discussed the participation of the notorious group in Iraq, which is the League of the Righteous, according to the report.

In this context, one of the Iranian secret officers said that the Iraqi group succeeded in defeating ISIS, but its victory quickly gave way to a general massacre of the local population, which turned the sweetness of Iran's victory into a "bitterness."

An end to violence

The said document stressed the need to put an end to the violence against Sunni Iraqis in some areas, and followed "at the present time everything that happens to the Sunnis in Iraq, directly or indirectly, is seen as being done by Iran even when Iran has no relationship With an order. "

And the mentioned document suggested that Soleimani’s promotion be in this way, aiming to invest him internally, and build political capital for him in Iran, perhaps for a future presidential attempt.

However, the Ministry of Intelligence report did not contain any more details about Soleimani's relations with senior Turkish officials, but the apparent shift in his self-perception traces developments in the region, just as Fidan helped direct the proxy war in Syria, and Iran was intensifying similar efforts in Iraq.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/186294/وثيقة-سرية-مسربة-تكشف-دور-قاسم-سليماني-في-ارتكاب-جرائم-إبادة-ومجازر-بالعراق

• Thanks 1

Basra and Hadi al-Amiri

Follow-up Monday, January 06, 2020 02:42 PM

Soleimani's fate terrifies him. Hadi al-Amiri gives up his place of residence and completely changes his first guard line

A source close to the head of the Fateh Alliance, Hadi al-Amiri, revealed that the latter had vacated his place of residence in the Green Zone and completely changed his first guard line.

The source said in a press statement, "Al-Amiri evacuated his residence in the Green Zone, which is only hundreds of meters away from the American Embassy building, and moved to a location in the Al-Madaen area, southeast of Baghdad."

He explained that "Al-Amiri replaced his first guard line after suspecting that the information that caused the death of Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis was leaked from their guards."

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/186293/مصير-سليماني-يرعبه-هادي-العامري-يخلى-مكان-إقامته-ويغير-خط-حرسه-الأول-بالكامل

• yota691 changed the title to An American newspaper warns of a catastrophic situation if Iraq’s exception to sanctions on Iran ends

Trump: We are ready to respond forcefully and quickly to any attack

Trump: We are ready to respond forcefully and quickly to any attack

January 06, 2020 12:31 PM
Direct: US President Donald Trump stressed that the United States is fully prepared to respond forcefully and quickly to any Iranian attack.

Trump wrote on Twitter on Sunday that the United States had spent $ 2 trillion on military equipment.

He stressed that the United States is the largest and best ever in the world, saying: "If Iran attacks an American base or any American, we will send some of these beautiful new equipment ... without hesitation." 

1024.jpg
In a previous tweet, the US President made it clear that Iran attacked the United States, and we responded, and if they attacked again, which I strongly advise them not to do, we will respond with more force than they did before.

1024.jpg

The United States carried out an air strike on Baghdad International Airport at the end of last week, which caused a shock in the global markets .

President Trump confirmed the same message in another tweet by saying that these posts serve as a notification to the US Congress that if Iran targets any American, the United States will respond quickly, completely, and possibly inappropriately.

1024.jpg

• Thanks 1