Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An American newspaper warns of a catastrophic situation if Iraq’s exception to sanctions on Iran ends

3n1

Trump: "Qasim Soleimani" should have been eliminated several years ago

Trump: "Qasim Soleimani" should have been eliminated several years ago

January 3, 2020 06:18 PM
Mubasher - Ahmed Shawky:  US President Donald Trump said that the Iranian "Qassem Soleimani" should have been killed several years ago, indicating that he was responsible for killing thousands of Americans and Iranians as well.

A US air raid on Baghdad airport targeted the killing of the commander of the Revolutionary Guards Corps "Soleimani".

The American President added in a tweet via "Twitter", today, Friday: "General Qassem Soleimani was killed and severely wounded by thousands of Americans over a long period of time, and he was planning to kill many others."

Trump added that "Soleimani" was directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of millions of people, including the large number of demonstrators who were killed in Iran itself, but Tehran was not able to admit that.

The US President added that the Iranian people are almost unhappy with the killing of Qassem Soleimani as he wants to depict the regime in Tehran to the world.

Trump stressed that "Soleimani" should have been eliminated many years ago.

In a previous tweet today, the US President indicated that Iran had never won any war, but had not lost in negotiations.

1024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Floridian said:

Even after all these articles, I'm not sure I believe it.    

Seems like this might be a reason for Iran to start a war.

11 hits on American bases over the last what 2 months . Multiple flexion of their muscles with asymmetrical warfare fast boats harassing US  war ships in the Straights of Horimuze (mispelled) . Seizing commercial ships in international waters. Launching drone attacks on S.A. oil refinery. Attacks within the borders of Iraq, all while knowing we have defense agreements with these entities and countries.This will give Iran a bravado excuse to start a war. I say we have already been involved in a war with Iran. Since their proxy soldiers cannot do a thing without Sulimani ie Iran's ok. I don't want this fight as my son is a US Marine , but they are the ones that have been shelling the US Embassy in Iraqs green zone. Its has only been by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that only one US life was lost recently in the rocket attacks and just repairable property damaged.

Shock and awe. Bring up the battleships, launch emp's , and pre target 500 or so targets of interest and launch those. Round 2, blow up all their oil infrastructure and wells. Round 3 blow up their mou trains housing their nuclear programs. JMHO .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

11 hits on American bases over the last what 2 months . Multiple flexion of their muscles with asymmetrical warfare fast boats harassing US  war ships in the Straights of Horimuze (mispelled) . Seizing commercial ships in international waters. Launching drone attacks on S.A. oil refinery. Attacks within the borders of Iraq, all while knowing we have defense agreements with these entities and countries.This will give Iran a bravado excuse to start a war. I say we have already been involved in a war with Iran. Since their proxy soldiers cannot do a thing without Sulimani ie Iran's ok. I don't want this fight as my son is a US Marine , but they are the ones that have been shelling the US Embassy in Iraqs green zone. Its has only been by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that only one US life was lost recently in the rocket attacks and just repairable property damaged.

Shock and awe. Bring up the battleships, launch emp's , and pre target 500 or so targets of interest and launch those. Round 2, blow up all their oil infrastructure and wells. Round 3 blow up their mou trains housing their nuclear programs. JMHO .

Yesterday, I wasn't sure about believing the reports.

So much has come out about it that, today, I believe it.  😊

• Upvote 3

Please pray for our military. I just received a call from my sister telling me that my nephew, who just returned from Iraq the end of November,  has been ordered back today. He has to leave today!  The situation has rapidly escalated over there.🙁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Yes Bama Girl I will say a prayer for our military and innocent Iraqi and Iranian citizens. I got a similar message from my good friend whose son is heading back over to Iraq.  

I’ve been pleading with the Never Trumpsters to cool it for a few days.  Some of us have family and friends heading into harms way to defend our Country.  

We can debate and criticize another time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

To bad we don’t have a C-5 load of body bags to send back to Iran! There are more rats from where this one came from!! I really like this new war fare !! Punch a button = dead rats!! Now we need to fly right over to Tehran and get all of the head rats!! If there is one thing that I enjoy is getting a dead rat out of feed & tack room! 🤠 PS it would be great if we could send all our DemoRats to Tehran! Love to see how ole pervert joe Bernie Liz & mayor pee wee and gang would last over there!!! 

Edited by Artitech
Forgot word
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In all seriousness, just spoke to my friends wife. I reached out via text to tell her we were praying for her husband that is stationed in Kuwait for 9 months.  She informed me he was coincidentally in Iraq unrelated to current situation. He is now in Iraq.... she is very nervous. Said it’s been a stressful couple of days so far. Makes it very real for me, not just a far away conflict with people I don’t know. 🙏 for our troops, innocent civilians, and our leadership to make the best decisions with the least amount of lives lost! 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

Please pray for our military. I just received a call from my sister telling me that my nephew, who just returned from Iraq the end of November,  has been ordered back today. He has to leave today!  The situation has rapidly escalated over there.🙁

Keep in mind he's going to a country where the majority of the population supports his mission.

There's little risk of guerilla war when you've already won the hearts and minds of the people.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I'm going to start a prayer thread in OFF Topic Posts, I truly believe in the power of prayer!💙

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Yes Bama Girl I will say a prayer for our military and innocent Iraqi and Iranian citizens. I got a similar message from my good friend whose son is heading back over to Iraq.  

I’ve been pleading with the Never Trumpsters to cool it for a few days.  Some of us have family and friends heading into harms way to defend our Country.  

We can debate and criticize another time.  

My nephew, just got back stateside a couple weeks ago from his dozenth deployment to the middle east, supposed to get his E-9 pinned next week.  My brother is hoping to fly out for the ceremony.....a ceremony that will most likely be put on hold or held on yet another deployment is my guess....So, yes, most of us have family in the game of life and needless death, even Never Trumpsters.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

In all seriousness, just spoke to my friends wife. I reached out via text to tell her we were praying for her husband that is stationed in Kuwait for 9 months.  She informed me he was coincidentally in Iraq unrelated to current situation. He is now in Iraq.... she is very nervous. Said it’s been a stressful couple of days so far. Makes it very real for me, not just a far away conflict with people I don’t know. 🙏 for our troops, innocent civilians, and our leadership to make the best decisions with the least amount of lives lost! 

I know I sound very Hawkish! The reality is, I have a God son in Iraq too, with the Marines! I have said and say again I don’t want one drop  of Blood any of any Americans spilled over these devils! Like I say I like the push a button program! Praying for all our military and contractors there in harms way! I would like to deliver soleimani as special delivery  present to the head rat in Tehran! I would strap his body on a 5 ton bomb and drop it right on downtown Tehran! Drop leaflets saying let’s party!

Edited by Artitech
Forgot word
  • Upvote 3

RIVAL SHIA LEADERS IN IRAQ CALL FOR US TROOP EXPULSION IN RARE SHOW OF UNITY

31202019287Capture1794.JPG
FILE PHOTO: Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi speaks in Baghdad, Iraq October 23, 2019. REUTERS/Khalid al-Mousily

26 minutes ago

http://www.nrttv.com/En/News.aspx?id=18792&MapID=2

SULAIMANI — Rival Shia political leaders on Friday called for American troops to be expelled from Iraq after a US air strike in Baghdad killed a senior Iranian general, in an unusual show of unity among factions that have squabbled for months.

The United States killed Qassem Soleimani, head of the elite Quds Force and architect of Iran’s growing military influence in the Middle East, in an air strike.

Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, an adviser to Soleimani, was also killed.

“We call on all national forces to unify their stance in order to expel foreign troops whose presence has become pointless in Iraq,” said Hadi al-Amiri, leader of the powerful Badr Organization militia.

Despite decades of enmity between Iran and the United States, Iran-backed militias and US troops fought side-by-side during Iraq’s 2014-2017 war against Islamic State militants.

With their help Iraq eventually succeeded in recapturing territory from jihadis who had overrun a third of the country.

Around 5,000 US troops remain in Iraq, most of them in an advisory capacity. The militias were incorporated into government forces under the umbrella of the Popular Mobilization Forces which Muhandis led.

A US troop withdrawal could seriously affect the ability of Iraqi armed forces to fight remnants of Islamic State, which has launched an insurgency since its 2017 territorial defeat.

It could also mean losing access to US military hardware, as well as vital air support.

Amiri leads a political bloc representing militia groups that has the second-largest number of seats in parliament.

Populist Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who casts himself as a nationalist rejecting both US and Iranian interference in Iraq and leads the assembly’s largest bloc, mourned Soleimani and called on all sides to behave with “wisdom and shrewdness.”

But he also ordered followers to be ready to protect Iraq, days after declaring his willingness to work with political rivals to end the US military presence in Iraq through political and legal means.

Together the two men could muster enough seats to pass legislation in parliament, although that outcome is not certain and would depend on garnering support from other parties.

EXTRAORDINARY SESSION

Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi, who leads a fragile coalition government installed by Sadr and Amiri, called for an extraordinary session of parliament to “take legislative steps and necessary provisions to safeguard Iraq’s dignity, security and sovereignty.”

For Amiri to get his wish, parliament would need to pass a law obliging the Iraqi government to ask US troops to leave.

It requires a simple, not absolute, majority, said Iraqi legal expert Tariq Harb, but at least 165 lawmakers must vote for a decision to be valid.

Sadr and Amiri together directly control 100 seats, not counting political allies, so those opposing any bill could block it by ensuring that a quorum of 165 is not present - a tactic often used in Iraqi politics.

Abdul Mahdi warned that the air strike was “a dangerous escalation that will light the fuse of a destructive war in Iraq, the region, and the world.”

Both Sadr and Amiri’s camps have signaled their readiness to use violence if politics fail to expel US troops.

Qais al-Khazali, a member of Amiri’s coalition who leads one of Iraq’s most notorious militias in Asaib Ahl al-Haq, on Friday ordered his fighters to get ready for battle.

“All fighters should be on high alert for upcoming battle and great victory. The price for the blood of the martyred commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis is the complete end to American military presence in Iraq,” said Khazali.

Sadr’s militia staged two violent uprisings against US forces after they invaded Iraq and toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003. Iraqi and US officials at the time called him the biggest security threat in Iraq.

The prospect of further turmoil follows months of anti-government protests in which at least 450 people were killed as security forces and militia fighters sought to quell the unrest.

Anger on the streets was driven partly by the role of Iranian-backed militias in Iraq and of Tehran’s influence over Iraqi politics more broadly. 

(NRT Digital Media/Reuters)

• Upvote 1

Iran vows revenge for US killing of top general Qassem Suleimani

Fears of conflict spread as Trump appears to taunt Iran, saying it has never won a war

Julian Borger in Washington, Oliver Holmes and Martin Chulov

Fri 3 Jan 2020 15.34 GMT

2 vids

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/iran-vows-revenge-for-us-trump-killing-of-top-general-qassem-suleimani

• Upvote 3

PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Man overboard! As Trump plotted Iraqi strike, shirtless Barack Obama enjoyed a paddleboarding session in Hawaii... before falling off

• Former President Barack Obama, 58, has been vacationing in Hawaii since before Christmas
  • On January 2, he was pictured paddleboarding in the Pacific Ocean while wearing black swimming trunks with a ying-yang 
  • A member of the Secret Service followed close behind in a kayak 
  • Meanwhile, President Donald Trump ordered an airstrike on Iran that killed Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander Qasem Soleimani 
  • Obama has been in his home state since mid-December and had previously been pictured golfing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7849319/Shirtless-Barack-Obama-pictured-paddleboarding-Hawaii.html

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Iran summons the Swiss ambassador and delivers a message to Washington

Friday, January 3, 2020 06:54 PM

Qasim Soleimani

Iran summons the Swiss ambassador and delivers a message to Washington

Iran summoned the Swiss ambassador for the second time and delivered a message to Washington, Al-Arabiya Al-Hadath TV reported in a news flash recently.

As a Republican senator indicated, Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Quds Force, was planning a coup in Iraq under the direction of Khamenei.

According to Iran's media, Khamenei visited the home of Qassem Soleimani to offer his condolences to his family.

While the American "Foreign Policy" magazine described the assassination of Iranian military leader Qassem Soleimani, as it may be the most dramatic escalation in the Middle East conflict since the Iraq war.

The magazine said that the announcement of the assassination of Soleimani, commander of the Quds Force in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, which is carrying out military operations in the region, came a day after the supporters of an Iranian-backed Iraqi group attacked the headquarters of the American embassy in Baghdad, which was considered retaliation from Tehran for previous US air strikes that killed 25 Hezbollah fighters.

Foreign Policy pointed out that some experts pointed out that what was until now a low-level war between the United States and Iran might explode soon.

We are moving to a period where there is a strong possibility of an escalation of war and direct conflict between Washington and Tehran, said Seth Jones, an expert on extremism in the Middle East at the American Center for Strategic and International Studies.

He added that the Middle East is already rife with conflicts and protest movements, and now it is much worse.

https://www.youm7.com/story/2020/1/3/إيران-تستدعى-السفير-السويسري-وتسلمه-رسالة-إلى-واشنطن/4572099

• Thanks 1

Soleimani was plotting coup in Iraq - U.S. Senator Rubio

1 hr ago

WASHINGTON, Jan 3 (Reuters) - U.S. Republican Senator Marco Rubio on Friday defended President Donald Trump's decision to kill top Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani, saying on Twitter that the military leader had been attempting to take control of Iraq and use it as a platform to attack the United States.

"At the direction of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Soleimani was plotting a coup in Iraq," Rubio wrote on Twitter, without citing sources. "He was corrupting/threatening politicians, exploiting Iraq’s resources & bringing a large military force loyal to him, in an effort to make Iraq a platform to attack the U.S. & our allies."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/soleimani-was-plotting-coup-in-iraq-us-senator-rubio/ar-BBYAwjS

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to An American newspaper warns of a catastrophic situation if Iraq’s exception to sanctions on Iran ends
  • yota691 locked this topic