Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something is going on at the CBI

Butifldrm

11 hours ago, Theseus said:

I don't know either man. Maybe it is cached in one of our systems. Clear cookies? I am kind of interested in the currency chart that went from 50 trillion in October to 5 trillion IQD in November (not sure if it is trillion or billion). 

I think the 5 trillion deal had been debunked as a typo. Why is it a big deal for a coma instead of a decimal point? I’m thick  headed sometimes! Thanks in advance for your answer ! JMHO 🤠

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Artitech said:

I think the 5 trillion deal had been debunked as a typo. Why is it a big deal for a coma instead of a decimal point? I’m thick  headed sometimes! Thanks in advance for your answer ! JMHO 🤠

I got some thing the debunked is funny, where is your evidence that is real . That is a very large swing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Artitech said:

I did not make a deal over the comma... just notated it. The comma shows the figures were touched in some fashion. The reason only the person who made the comma knows. But unlike some here who sees a grain of sand move thinks the desert becomes an oasis, I do not. Like I said it was noticed and notated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Floridian said:

Theseus, am I looking at the right thing?  I don't see a coma.  If I'm not in the right place, please post a picture of what you mean.  Thanks.

US dollar USD 1190.000
Euro EUR 1333.990
Pound sterling GBP 1577.821
Canadian dollar CAD 916.371
Swiss franc S.FR 1229.593
Swedish krona SEK 127.110
Norwegian krone NOK 135.560
Danish krone DKK 178.625
Japanese yen JPY 10.957
Chinese Yuan CNY 170.933
Australian dollar  AUD 835.499
Special drawing rights  SDR 1645.568
Gold for 24-ounce  Gold 1800186.000
 TO                               US dollar                             Euro                             Pound sterling                             Canadian dollar                             Swiss franc                             Swedish krona                             Norwegian krone                             Danish krone                             Japanese yen                             Chinese Yuan                             Australian dollar                              Special drawing rights                              Gold for 24-ounce                               

16 hours ago, Theseus said:

I don't know either man. Maybe it is cached in one of our systems. Clear cookies? I am kind of interested in the currency chart that went from 50 trillion in October to 5 trillion IQD in November (not sure if it is trillion or billion). 

The comma appears when you allow the browser to translate the page. It's a decimal when you leave it untranslated. I first noticed this after the CBI site was offline for 7 hours a few weeks ago. My theory is they changed some data relating to the USD/IQD conversions, but not the other currencies.

I've been told a comma is used like a decimal in Arab accounting. Don't quote me on that.

• Thanks 5

20 hours ago, Kenny_Logins said:

I've been told a comma is used like a decimal in Arab accounting. Don't quote me on that.

Arab accounting is not the only accounting system that uses the comma this way. It is common in Europe in countries like France to use a comma instead of a decimal point. I almost mentioned that I knew about this but I chose to omit that part of the post.

• 1 month later...

GM DV  I periodically go in and check the Statistical Website at the CBI and today I found that evidently the numbers we were seeing bedore had be adjusted.  So it turns out that there was a data entry mistake in November.  Now why it took until February to correct their mistake is concerning.

image.thumb.png.ff5a71cd819d6f068772afb3dd83604d.png

https://cbiraq.org/DataValues.aspx?dtFrm=01/31/2004&dtTo=02/06/2020&tmId=157&dtformat=MMM,yyyy

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WolfRanch said:

Butifldrm, could you be a bit more specific on your statement of somethings going on at the CBI?

Thanx

In January WE  NOTICED the Statistical Site Website had a different value for the amount of currency issued by the CBI. 

image.thumb.png.be0377318adc97c95713f3bdc5bc4bae.png

When I checked today the the numbers were corrected.

Comprende?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

In January WE  NOTICED the Statistical Site Website had a different value for the amount of currency issued by the CBI. 

image.thumb.png.be0377318adc97c95713f3bdc5bc4bae.png

When I checked today the the numbers were corrected.

Comprende?

Yes dear lady.  :)  Thanks :twothumbs:

Edited by nannab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

LOL thugs, been gone on sabbatical awhile, but I see you still got it.  :) 

pp

Lol - Great To See Ya PP ! ;) 

Just Put Ur Name In The Search Bar In The Upper Right Corner And U’ll See That The Peeps Have Been Asking About U And That U Were Missed ! B) 

But Good Thing That I Had My Clown Rodeo Barrel After The Last Time We Played - Btw, Is There A Draft In Here ? :o 

bman-590x656.jpg&c=sc&w=413&h=459

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 5