Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ivanka Trump said she wasn't sure if she'd serve in the 2020 White House

• Senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump detailed President Donald Trump's administration at a tense time for the president in an interview with CBS "Face the Nation."

• Trump said the president and his base were feeling "energized" in the wake of the impeachment vote, while the president lashed out at Democratic lawmakers and critics.

• The adviser also said she hasn't yet decided on continuing to serve in her father's administration if he wins the 2020 presidential election.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump detailed her perspective from inside her father President Donald Trump's administration amid ongoing concerns including impeachment and the 2020 presidential election.

Trump, who has appeared at the front lines of the administration since her father took office, said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that she wasn't decided on continuing to serve as an adviser to her father if he wins the 2020 presidential election.

In an interview snippet posted ahead of Trump's scheduled appearance on the show this Sunday, she discussed her role and possible future ambitions, telling host Margaret Brennan that if the president won re-election, her decision to continue with the administration would be made with her young children in mind.

"I am driven, first and foremost, by my kids and their happiness, so that is always going to be my top priority and my decisions will always be flexible enough to ensure that their needs are being considered," Trump told Brennan. "They will really drive that answer for me." 

The adviser and her husband and fellow administration figure, Jared Kushner, share three children: eight-year-old Arabella, six-year-old Joseph, and three-year-old Theodore.

Trump said she was motivated to come to Washington for "impact," and delivering on policies for "forgotten men and women" she had met while traveling and campaigning in the two years since the 2016 election.

Brennan asked if Trump had her own ambitions for running for office, Trump said she finds "policy" more interesting than "politics," and her experience with changing policies regarding issues like criminal justice and childcare has been "energizing."

"The day I walk into the West Wing and I don't feel a shiver up my spine is the day I've been here too long," Trump said. "I still every day feel a tremendous humbling and sense of privilege that I'm able to do the work that I came to Washington to do and the president empowered me [to do]."

The first daughter has come under scrutiny before for her apparent complicity with some of the president's most hawkish and controversial policies, including the administration's family-separation immigration policy.

She reportedly opposed the policy behind closed doors, but only publicly opposed it after the president signed an executive order to kill the policy.

She later told ABC News in February that it is not her job "to share my viewpoint when they diverge."

Trump told Brennan that she has no role in advising the president on matters related to his recent impeachment and leaves it to the White House lawyers.

According to a transcript of the interview, when Brennan pressed for her "personal opinion" on Rudy Giuliani, the president's lead attorney, Trump said she only knew him "in a very different context" as a heroic figure in New York City after September 11, 2001.

"He's smart and thoughtful and a real warrior and was a great mayor," Trump said.

Trump also said that in the wake of a successful impeachment vote by House lawmakers, the president was "energized, as are 63 million plus voters who elected him to office," but said his lashing out at lawmakers and critics was a reflection of his being "angry at a process that is unjust."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivanka-trump-said-she-wasnt-163233008.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9maW5hbmNlLnlhaG9vLmNvbS9wb3J0Zm9saW8vcGZfMS92aWV3L3YxP2d1Y2NvdW50ZXI9MSZndWNlX3JlZmVycmVyPWFIUjBjSE02THk5bWFXNWhibU5sTG5saGFHOXZMbU52YlM5d2IzSjBabTlzYVc4dmNHWmZNUzkyYVdWMyZndWNlX3JlZmVycmVyX3NpZz1BUUFBQUNJVEMwbDU1RVRBWGpleXIxSmdoZ0UwU0NTZWxOZEdBSnVFS3l2cWVTSUsyOEJBcnNHbTFBNEdQUUQwTDVudmwxMkw4YUxmWVFtN05ZUkFZX09yc194RnhaQTZwcUh5dy1jV1N4Wk9wVElVVV80OFJCZWxXajdKT3lBSHZKSVJMdk5ZQVU2VHktdTlQMk9ReWE4VW5yYS14RE5FZDViV0pHci1EQW9ONktocw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALet_GbwQbE2suRoWx0Yew6G_z7SHN8XzC-9wYDDYA1_8H8xkbpuiTP2dh8OC9QDDEfMCRmpM-gNuDmf2qtroV0e7pxPRmzGLEM1Kkajre9R4xRoWSehNnJ71WdKpTaP-4p6nWrfxkM48n3RuRZtU8P7315lfIXoLX73S2cEo8u4

Sorry Ivanka, I'm doubting the new president will offer.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

15 hours ago, Pitcher said:

BTW, not my Red.  I don’t mind your opinions.  Don’t agree with many but giving Reds for stating ones opinion is childish imo.  

Thanks Pitcher.. I know we don't agree on politics and that's ok. I respect your dignity and like you I don't give rubies... Sometimes I do give the confused look.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Thanks Pitcher.. I know we don't agree on politics and that's ok. I respect your dignity and like you I don't give rubies... Sometimes I do give the confused look.

B/A

Hello B/A....A plus to you

Since there's a few of us on both sides of the political divide opposing negs...Why not creating a sort of anti-negging lobby????   J/K (or maybe not....)

Best

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2