Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

9 hours ago, Bumper64 said:

Are you suggesting that I stop calling myself a moderator??  Your answer will determine I suggest you think before you answer as it could determine just how long you stay here at DV.  I've been here too long to play games.  The ball is in your court BA

No my Friend, he's saying I'm not a Moderator. And That makes me feel about the same as you. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Bumper64 said:

Are you suggesting that I stop calling myself a moderator??  Your answer will determine I suggest you think before you answer as it could determine just how long you stay here at DV.  I've been here too long to play games.  The ball is in your court BA

Bumper I was talking to LGD because he always calls people names and uses derogatory language. I was pointing out to him that I was warned for the term "coward" but no one else gets warned for the personal attacks I see on myself and other posters. I was talking about the above post by Kevin where he went off. Personally I don't mind if people get ugly, we all lose our tempers from time to time. I have never cried to moderators and asked for them to warn anyone after countless attacks, misstatements or lies, I am only asking that if people are going to be held accountable for their statements, it should be fair and balanced...

B/A

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Trump would put him in a cage for having olive skin and crossing our border... Or maybe he's coming back with Trump's taxes in those suitcases....

B/A

I wish you would pack your bags. 
Take your antifa friends with you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

Bumper I was talking to LGD because he always calls people names and uses derogatory language. I was pointing out to him that I was warned for the term "coward" but no one else gets warned for the personal attacks I see on myself and other posters. I was talking about the above post by Kevin where he went off. Personally I don't mind if people get ugly, we all lose our tempers from time to time. I have never cried to moderators and asked for them to warn anyone after countless attacks, misstatements or lies, I am only asking that if people are going to be held accountable for their statements, it should be fair and balanced...

B/A

I have repeatedly said that I've been guilty of pushing the envelope myself. But it's getting out of control. A few weeks ago I decided that this was going to stop and adjusted my post accordingly. You seem to not understand that it's time to get back on track to being civil. 

Furthermore, when anyone reports a post, that is not "crying", it's informing US Moderators of an issue. There are only a few of us and the report button assist in keeping DV a calm and respectful place. Suggesting that reporting someone is crying is disrespectful and violating forum rules. 

I hope you get past this and can continue to post respectfully. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I have repeatedly said that I've been guilty of pushing the envelope myself. But it's getting out of control. A few weeks ago I decided that this was going to stop and adjusted my post accordingly. You seem to not understand that it's time to get back on track to being civil. 

Furthermore, when anyone reports a post, that is not "crying", it's informing US Moderators of an issue. There are only a few of us and the report button assist in keeping DV a calm and respectful place. Suggesting that reporting someone is crying is disrespectful and violating forum rules. 

I hope you get past this and can continue to post respectfully. 

Thanks LGD... Marksa has suggested I need to use the report this post option... I have never done that in the 10 years I've been here, but maybe I should. Like the above post where Greg calls me Antifa... That is not true and his attempt at baiting me. But I digress, I will hold back on my comments and simply enjoy watching the banter

B/A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Trump would put him in a cage for having olive skin and crossing our border... Or maybe he's coming back with Trump's taxes in those suitcases....

B/A

Olive skin might even be an euphemism....

http://theconversation.com/jesus-wasnt-white-he-was-a-brown-skinned-middle-eastern-jew-heres-why-that-matters-91230

https://www.compellingtruth.org/was-Jesus-black.html

https://www.premierchristianity.com/Blog/Jesus-is-black.-Get-over-it

• Thanks 1

Just because you intentionally spell it wrong and use words that this site will not publish doesn't mean you're not violating the Forum 

Rules. We have all let our emotions get the better of us in this section and now the Mods have decided to put a stop to this kind of 

violation. Please respect others and don't lower yourself to the level of name calling. That is really beneath  you. 

End Quote

Thanks LGD...That should be the standard level of decency ( in the least)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I am only asking that if people are going to be held accountable for their statements, it should be fair and balanced...

End Quote

Until not too long ago....That appeared indeed to be like a lot to ask for......It's the political stances, views and strength relationships ( talking about mere numbers, mind you, and nothing else) and dynamics inside the microcosm DV is...

I'm glad to notice that the trend is changing....Thanks ALL moderators

I wish you would pack your bags. 
Take your antifa friends with you.  

End Quote

Really? Wow......As I said before.....The last word re: this very issue only belongs to Mr. Montana ( like it or not, gregp....Sorry)...

And unlike B/A ( who is free to believe as he wishes obviously) I deem being considered an antifascist a huge badge of honor.......The consitution of my Country is based much on that unchangeable pillar..To me personally is one value I can't do without

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Italy

• Like 1

I know this won't  matter about my opinion but personally I see double standards here every day especially  with one of the moderators.  There have been threats of banning when the moderator has done exactly the same thing if not worse than the accused.  Everyone here knows that he tries to use his name to aggravate  and spur on certain people to agitate and then call them out and threaten because he thinks it's ok for him but not others.  It's hard to play by the rules when one of the bosses thinks " he's intitled".  Let's be honest here.  If you want ALL to play by the rules, then the moderator should be the guide, not the one to lead others to their own bad behavior.     Right or wrong, this is how I see it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, learning all i can said:

I know this won't  matter about my opinion but personally I see double standards here every day especially  with one of the moderators.  There have been threats of banning when the moderator has done exactly the same thing if not worse than the accused.  Everyone here knows that he tries to use his name to aggravate  and spur on certain people to agitate and then call them out and threaten because he thinks it's ok for him but not others.  It's hard to play by the rules when one of the bosses thinks " he's intitled".  Let's be honest here.  If you want ALL to play by the rules, then the moderator should be the guide, not the one to lead others to their own bad behavior.     Right or wrong, this is how I see it.

Thanks....I like thinking things are starting to get better....That's how it looks to me from the last posts  I read...It's never too late

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Umb, Antifa wears the name but acts the exact opposite. You are proud to be antifascist as we all should be but not by their standard.

I know....You're probably correct....

I should have thought about the cultural differences and meanings we give to that expression in Europe and the US...In that in some countries the term got a bad rep, for which I'm sorry

https://www.britannica.com/place/Italy/The-end-of-constitutional-rule

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, learning all i can said:

You are a 100% correct Learning. Big time double standard. I lost all respect for one of the Moderators when they went back to my post 10 years ago and gave me 10 negs in about a minute just to give me as many negs as he could. I think it’s the same one you are talking about. How childish an petty is that! Yeah it’s hard to post here when a Mod jumps on  you’re head for posting a counter argument.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

You are a 100% correct Learning. Big time double standard. I lost all respect for one of the Moderators when they went back to my post 10 years ago and gave me 10 negs in about a minute just to give me as many negs as he could. I think it’s the same one you are talking about. How childish an petty is that! Yeah it’s hard to post here when a Mod jumps on  you’re head for posting a counter argument.

Yep, I know the one......he did this to me as well along with others that disagree with him or call him out.  But maybe these things are about to change as Umb just said.    I can accept disagreements and even reprimand when due but not when the big dog thinks it ok for them and not the rest.  It's that "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO"  mentality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

So, OK, somebody posts a blatant lie or posts something that is otherwise severely distorted AND are unaccountable for THEIR actions ALL under the guise of "free" "speech".

Calling THEM out is then unacceptable???!!!

Are We The People a Nation based on lies???!!!

Do We The People have a right to destroy ourselves with lies???!!!

What about:

Oath of Enlistment

Oath of Enlistment Download Poster

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

https://www.army.mil/values/oath.html

ACTUAL FACTS determine THEE TRUTH NOT SOME EMOTION BASED NONSENSICAL "information" POSTULATED AS UNCONTESTABLE TRUTH.

Amazing how posters show themselves based on what lies they gravitate toward and how they misconstrue others who hold to THEE TRUTH.

AND the gall the lies based posters have to even suggest TRUTH based posters are "inept" OR "need" "help".

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, caddieman said:

Rejoice , caddieman.....

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, learning all i can said:

I have repeatedly said that I've been guilty of pushing the envelope myself. But when Bostonangler brought my own child into a political debate and then called me a troll threatening my child,  I realized that things have gone too far and I decided to change my ways. Though you had no problem with that.

Not that I feel alone in pushing the envelope. EVERYONE including you LIC have gone too far. This is not how we should treat each other, and I realized that.  

Everyone knows I use Twitter but what no one knows is that I NEVER post anything political there. And I block anyone who is belligerent. D.V. is the only place I've posted my thoughts. And it's clear now that no one is interested in what I think. 

You choose to attack me REPEATEDLY over the years. I thought we had an understanding, but I see that was wrong. You and several here have expressed your opposition to my posting and my Semi Moderator position. I personally feel that even other moderators believe it better I didn't post. 

I can no longer continue to feel a part of this community. And I will bow to your superior faith. I AM DONE HERE. 

So know this, you and your liberal friends can have at it and say whatever you like. As Bumper said earlier, I don't get paid enough for this. 

May God Bless you in Every way You Deserve. 

Scotty :tiphat:

• Thanks 2