Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US evangelical magazine calls for removal of 'grossly immoral' Trump

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I've posted well over 40 thousand post declaring my thoughts. As have many others who choose to express their distaste for you incorrect and misleading commentary. 

Negative rubies are ONLY someone's opinion on your content and are NOT in violation of the forum rules. Your continued ASSAULT on members here in the form of name calling is against forum rules. 

Continue doing so at your own peril. 

Who said anything about rules? And I am not assaulting anyone. I am only trying to understand why people don't express their thoughts and opinions in a verbal manner. I'm sorry some don't like my commentary, the same could be said for many comments made by many people. But I don't just neg... I prefer conversation. Thanks for your concern.

B/A

• Downvote 8

15 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

BA, all of those people did not write that article. One guy did.

Have you ever worked in media? Everything goes before several people on the editorial board before going out. Even when I worked at a news channel for television, nothing goes on the 6:00 news without approval. So my experience tells me, the majority of people agreed before it was released.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

26 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Maybe I've been too harsh. Perhaps they aren't cowards when they neg me, it could be that they have bone spurs on their fingertips and typing is too painful. LOL

B/A

It is jabs like that, that gets the negs for you. Attack his policies all day long. No problem for me. That's politics. Attack the man and you stoop to a level that is just asking to be stepped on. His past is not shiny, but he has withstood a withering firefight from all fronts that might be seen as very courageous by some. 

Just my observation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, nstoolman1 said:

It is jabs like that, that gets the negs for you. Attack his policies all day long. No problem for me. That's politics. Attack the man and you stoop to a level that is just asking to be stepped on. His past is not shiny, but he has withstood a withering firefight from all fronts that might be seen as very courageous by some. 

Just my observation.

Thanks... That jab about bone spurs was a joke... At least one person laughed...

B/A

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Wow, I bet these people wouldn't neg you loser.

B/A

If you don't sing their same song line by line....You're guilty and most likely deemed an agitator since you refuse to stick to (their) status quo  and you get negged....As simple as that.....I know....Sad

A few of us here got to know......Diversity of thought  is a be

autiful thing...NOT ( to them)

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Think I'll give myself a 12 days of Christmas gift....

The next 12 will be B/A free....not having to sign on and see his rediculous response to a meaningful post I've tried to make....no Trump hate passed off as "just a joke".....and on and on......like I've said....if I was a moderator he would have been long gone.....just an agitator.....

Now I do realize he is click bait for the site.....more activity equals more $$$$.....but no more of that for me ......not for the next 12 days.......

Wishing you a Merry Christmas B/A.......may it be filled with Joy!

CL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Think I'll give myself a 12 days of Christmas gift....

The next 12 will be B/A free....not having to sign on and see his rediculous response to a meaningful post I've tried to make....no Trump hate passed off as "just a joke".....and on and on......like I've said....if I was a moderator he would have been long gone.....just an agitator.....

Now I do realize he is click bait for the site.....more activity equals more $$$$.....but no more of that for me ......not for the next 12 days.......

Wishing you a Merry Christmas B/A.......may it be filled with Joy!

CL

Thank you CL and may you enjoy your friends and family this Christmas and may we all have a fantastic 2020!!!

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Who said anything about rules? And I am not assaulting anyone. I am only trying to understand why people don't express their thoughts and opinions in a verbal manner. I'm sorry some don't like my commentary, the same could be said for many comments made by many people. But I don't just neg... I prefer conversation. Thanks for your concern.

B/A

As I wrote in my previous comment, Bro.....

Even more sad as many or most Folks here are very intelligent but some of them resort to negging as a childish form of punishment while addressing another member who dares thinking differently from them.....It's objectively not a good sign.......

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 5

Just now, umbertino said:

As I wrote in my previous comment, Bro.....

Even more sad as many or most Folks here are very intelligent but some of them resort to negging as a childish form of punishment while addressing another member who dares thinking differently from them.....

Well Umbertino I see many negs coming your way!!! LOL

Yes, I know I annoy some folks with independent thinking. And God forbid I should make a joke about their master. If I said Obama has Dumbo ears I would lot's of greenies... That's what separates the boys from the men, or children from the adults. If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

B/A 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

Rev. Franklin Graham responded Thursday after the Christian magazine that his late father founded published an editorial calling for President Donald Trump’s removal.

Christianity Today — founded by famed evangelist Rev. Billy Graham — published its article one day after House Democrats, in a largely party-line vote, voted to impeach Trump.

“But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents,” the Christian magazine said. “That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.”

The article also cited Billy Graham in explaining why it called for Trump’s removal.

“In our founding documents, Billy Graham explains that Christianity Today will help evangelical Christians interpret the news in a manner that reflects their faith. The impeachment of Donald Trump is a significant event in the story of our republic. It requires comment,” Editor in Chief Mark Galli wrote.

After noting that “that politics is not the end and purpose of our being,” Galli wrote that “we do feel it necessary from time to time to make our own opinions on political matters clear — always, as Graham encouraged us, doing so with both conviction and love.”

It was Christianity Today’s invocation of the late Billy Graham’s name that prompted his son to respond, Franklin Graham wrote on Facebook.

“Yes, my father Billy Graham founded Christianity Today; but no, he would not agree with their opinion piece. In fact, he would be very disappointed,” Franklin Graham wrote, before revealing that prior to his death, Billy Graham voted for Trump, who he believed to be “the man for this hour in history for our nation.”

It’s “unfathomable,” Graham said, that Christianity Today would “side with the Democrat Party in a totally partisan attack on the President of the United States.”

“Christianity Today failed to acknowledge that not one single Republican voted with the Democrats to impeach the President. I know a number of Republicans in Congress, and many of them are strong Christians. If the President were guilty of what the Democrats claimed, these Republicans would have joined with the Democrats to impeach him. But the Democrats were not even unanimous — two voted against impeachment and one voted present,” Graham added.

Minnesota Rep. Collin Peterson and New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew, the latter of whom is switching his party affiliation to Republican, were the only Democrats to vote “no” on both articles of impeachment.

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii voted “present” on both articles, which accused Trump of “abuse of power” and “obstruction of justice,” respectively.

No Republicans voted in favor of impeaching Trump.

“This impeachment was politically motivated, 100% partisan,” Graham wrote.

“Why would Christianity Today choose to take the side of the Democrat left whose only goal is to discredit and smear the name of a sitting president? They want readers to believe the Democrat leadership rather than believe the President of the United States.”

Next, he cited Trump’s accomplishments related to helping the economy grow, defeating the Islamic State group and renegotiating trade deals.

“The list of accomplishments is long, but for me as a Christian, the fact that he is the most pro-life president in modern history is extremely important — and Christianity Today wants us to ignore that, to say it doesn’t count?” Graham wrote.

“The President has been a staunch defender of religious freedom at home and around the world — and Christianity Today wants us to ignore that? Also the President has appointed conservative judges in record number — and Christianity today wants us to ignore that? Christianity Today feels he should be removed from office because of false accusations that the President emphatically denies.”

Alleging an “inappropriate” quid pro quo on the behalf of the president, Democrats have taken issue with a July 25 call phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Trump did ask Zelensky to look into allegations of shady dealings involving former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter in Ukraine.

But Democrats have taken things a step further, claiming Trump planned to withhold about $400 million in military aid unless Ukraine publicly announced an investigation of his political opponent (Joe Biden).

While he was vice president, Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor who had investigated Burisma Holdings, an energy company where Hunter sat on the board.

Trump eventually released the aid to Ukraine, even though an investigation into the Bidens was never launched.

According to Christianity Today, “it’s time to call a spade a spade, to say that no matter how many hands we win in this political poker game, we are playing with a stacked deck of gross immorality and ethical incompetence.”

Graham said he disagrees.

“Christianity Today said it’s time to call a spade a spade,” he wrote. “The spade is this — Christianity Today has been used by the left for their political agenda. It’s obvious that Christianity Today has moved to the left and is representing the elitist liberal wing of evangelicalism.”

“Is President Trump guilty of sin? Of course he is, as were all past presidents and as each one of us are, including myself. Therefore, let’s pray for the President as he continues to lead the affairs of our nation.”

The Western Journal has reached out to Christianity Today for comment but has not yet received a response. We will update this article if and when we do.

https://www.westernjournal.com/franklin-graham-issues-fiery-rebuttal-christianity-today-invoking-father-call-trumps-removal/

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Thanks for bringing this ba.  Billy Graham was the adviser of many Presidents.  I'm  sure he was blown away with many of their life styles and personal lives but men of God  try not to judge and try their best to guide and speak Gods truths even when it hurts and may cause one to disagree and bring about their own dismissal.   I personally feel that Franklin is living out his Christian up bringing and values to accommodate the gospel and not man.  This is where so many of us fail.  When we judge others for not having the same opinions as our own.  Of course I'm guilty here as many if not most on dv.........just something for us ALL to think about

Again I thank you for being a big enough man to bring this and show both sides of the coin........

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Some people seem to have problem chosing between God and Trump. You know, one represents something up there, the other just hate, which is not a very Christian thing. If you choose to believe in someone who hates everything but himself, that is your choice, but then you should stop calling yourself Christians. 

Edited by JoeB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Some people seem to have problem chosing between God and Trump. You know, one represents something up there, the other just hate, which is not a very Christian thing. If you choose to believe in someone who hates everything but himself, that is your choice, but then you should stop calling yourself Christians. 

People DO have a problem between God and Trump, to be sure. 

So which politician and or party best represents God in your opinion?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

People DO have a problem between God and Trump, to be sure. 

So which politician and or party best represents God in your opinion?

In my opinion, both parties are corrupt and neither party represent God. They both serve their own interests which is mostly driven by greed. The worst of the 7 deadly sins. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JoeB said:

You be the judge...

No politcian, no party. Just God. Is that so hard to believe?

But if a politcian preaches just hate, which is just the opposite of "Love Thy Neighbour", he is not a good Christian. Maybe you know who said that, if not, check your Bible, unless you really like the dark side... 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, Shedagal said:

I wish everyone who comes to DinarVets daily and argues about religion would instead come on and share what chapter of the Bible they had read and meditated on that day and which scripture in particular the Holy Spirit had spoken to them.  Some, I suspect, have not opened a Bible in a while.

How about: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy Neighbour. 

I really do not know the chapter or the verse, but I think all of you have heard that commandment sometimes. Unfortenately, there are some people in very high places lying constantly, especially one in a very high (oval) place... 

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1