Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interesting Kim Clement (Prophecy) Video!!

39 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

The Bible is clear that there is no new revelation. 

If you are saying from this article that you do not believe that Prophesy is stil active in the Church, I will have to disagree with your premise.  I have witnessed otherwise.

• Thanks 2

Mark, I'm saying that prophecy in the beginning was to tell Gods people of things to come. Also to let Israel know what God expected of them and the promise of salvation thru a Messiah to come.  Prophecy was to reveal what was to come.   Altho all prophecy has not been fulfilled it has been made known.  It has now been brought to us by the word of Jesus Christ.  He has given us all revelation.  There is nothing else to add to His return, the end of time, His sacrifice and atonement for our sin.  It has all been written. It has all been revealed in His word.  There is no new prophecy to be revealed about what is to come.  God has given us all He wants us to have and all that is necessary for salvation.  Things that He has not shared are things that are of His own to know.  The book of Revelation tells us clearly that there is to be nothing added to the contents of Gods word.  The revelation we have in the Bible is all that God intended for us to have.   Christs death and resurrection was enough there is no new revelation.  Therefore we must question prophetic words coming from modern day man when they bring new revelation not found in the Bible.  

• Thanks 1

Acts 2:16-18 New International Version (NIV)

16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 “‘In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy.

Acts 2:16-18 Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

16 Butalla thishoutos iseimi whatho was spokenlegō of throughdia theho prophetprophētēs JoelIōēl: 17 Andkai it will beeimi inen theho lasteschatos dayshēmera,’ declareslegō ·ho Godtheos, ‘that I will pourekcheō out ·ho myegō Spiritpneuma onepi allpas fleshsarx, andkai yourhymeis sonshyios andkai yourhymeis daughtersthugatēr will prophesyprophēteuō, ·ho ·ho andkai ·ho yourhymeis youngneaniskos men will seehoraō visionshorasis, andkai ·ho yourhymeis oldpresbyteros men will dreamenypniazomai dreamsenypnion. 18 Evenkai onepi ·ho myegō male servants andkai onepi ·ho myegō femaledoulē servants inen ·ho thoseekeinos dayshēmera I will pourekcheō out ·ho myegō Spiritpneuma, andkai they will prophesyprophēteuō.

προφητεύω (prophēteuō)

Strong: G4395

GK: G4736

to exercise the function of a προφήτης; to prophesy, to foretell the future, Mt. 11:13; to divine, Mt. 26:68; Mk. 14:65; Lk. 22:64; to prophesy, to set forth matter of divine teaching by special faculty, 1 Cor. 13:9; 14:1

1 Corinthians 14:22-29 New International Version (NIV)

22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers. 23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, 25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!”

Good Order in Worship

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.

Acts 19:5-7 New International Version (NIV)

On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues[a] and prophesied. There were about twelve men in all.

Footnotes:

1. Acts 19:6 Or other languages

Acts 21:9-11 New International Version (NIV)

He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied.

10 After we had been there a number of days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 Coming over to us, he took Paul’s belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, “The Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.’”

The Holy Spirit does give specific knowledge about the future events regarding a specific individual.

Happened in Acts. Happens now?

Yes.

I had an experience where I gave a very specific word of knowledge to the daughter of an assistant pastor of a church I was attending without being asked and it happened spontaneously. I thought I was nuts because it was way off my mental model of anything related to the young lady. Later on, however, I found the words I was speaking was specific to the situation I had no knowledge of.

I had another experience where I was worshipping at a Bible Study with other believers and a lady spoke out in a brief word of tongues. I was hesitant to speak because I knew what she said. I didn't interpret and really regret it. Later on, another lady said, "Somebody here knew what she said." It was simply, " The LORD is here among you." The intent of the worship was just to worship prior to the Bible Study. Nothing more.

My opinion is worshipping by a life surrendered to HIM is mission critical. Tongues and/or prophesy is not to be sought. The LORD speaks to us directly by HIS living word and really must be obeyed. Prophesy, however, may occur in times of specific direction needed or a direct revelation from The LORD specific to an individual in service to HIM. So, prayer may be necessary for specific revelation about a matter with the willingness to inquiry of HIM and accept prophesy.

Hebrews 1:1-4 New International Version (NIV)

God’s Final Word: His Son

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, learning all i can said:

Yes that is what edification in the church is.  Reassurance of Gods written word not our own 

my post was cut off .......I dont think you and I understand prophecy the same..  according to the Bible in my understanding prophets were appointed/chosen by God to speak the things that God wanted His people to know.  Things that they would not know or would not have come to know unless these things were revealed to them.  These things were not things that were planted in their hearts or already spoken words of the present times back then or even future events.  These were unheard words, unheard thought that could only be revealed by God Himself.  He gave His words to prophets to reveal what He had to tell His people.   These things have been recorded for our edification and to know past, present and future.  Then comes along the NT and instead of prophets we now have the actual God Man that OT prophecy spoke of. Jesus further gives info and revelation of future events and His return. Then comes the Apostles to carry on with what Jesus has brought to us.  The Apostles only reveal what Jesus has revealed to them.  They add nothing and take away nothing.  Only what God has given them to bring forth for the whole world to read and know.  We now have the Holy Spirit that reveals to us the very meaning of Gods word.  He instills knowledge and wisdom, he gives us understanding.  He gives us the ability to love and grasp all things about our Lord Jesus but He doesn't give us anything new or different on our salvation, the cross,atonement or even things in the OT.  Nothing has changed from what God revealed in the OT and what Jesus revealed in The NT.  If this is the prophecy that you are speaking of for edification then of course this is so.  These other things that you and Synopsis speak of, I would call intuition or perhaps discernment or even the Holy Spirit giving a sign of warning or joy.  But this is not what I call prophecy nor do I believe the Bible calls this prophecy.  This is what I mean when I say there is no revelation......Has the Holy Spirit revealed anything new or a different way to be born again?  Has He told you something different to believe or do than what the Bible tells us.?  Do you know something about the return of Christ that God has revealed to you but forgot to tell the rest of the word?  Mark we have all had some dajavu moments and even still small voices that gives us warnings.  We know that the Holy Spirit is with all believers  and gives us remembrance of scripture and gives us clear consciousness  to make the right decisions.  But He never brings anything that has not already been revealed by God..  I understand prophecy as something NEW being revealed by God to be brought to His people which I believe God has already done.    if I understand you right, you understand prophecy as edification of Gods word in the church.  Are you also saying that you have brand new revelation about the gospel and what is to come about God that God had not foretold?   

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Acts 21:9-11 New International Version (NIV)

He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied.

10 After we had been there a number of days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 Coming over to us, he took Paul’s belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, “The Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.’”

The key distinction is the irrefutable general prophesy for all people as noted in the Bible that never changes and the specific prophesy that never conflicts with, takes away from, or adds to general prophesy.

Agabus was a New Testament Prophet who gave specific prophesy to the Apostle Paul that did not conflict with general prophesy recorded in n the Bible.

Exsted then. Exists now. 1 John 4:1 tells us to test the spirit(s) while specific prophets are to be tested as well who must NEVER conflict with, take away from, or add to general prophesy and the entire word noted in the Bible.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

The key distinction is the irrefutable general prophesy for all people as noted in the Bible that never changes and the specific prophesy that never conflicts with, takes away from, or adds to general prophesy.

Agabus was a New Testament Prophet who gave specific prophesy to the Apostle Paul that did not conflict with general prophesy recorded in n the Bible.

Exsted then. Exists now. 1 John 4:1 tells us to test the spirit(s) while specific prophets are to be tested as well who must NEVER conflict with, take away from, or add to general prophesy and the entire word noted in the Bible.

Yes,yes this is so.  Prophecy that has already been revealed in scripture.  Nothing added, nothing taken away.  It is my belief and what I believe the Bible absolutely tells us that NEW Revelation would be from a false prophet because God has already given and revealed what He would have us to know.

• Thanks 2

Luke 10:21-22 New International Version (NIV)

21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

22 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

NEW Revalation MUST occur TODAY for the individual by God The Holy Spirit that does NOT conflict with and taken ONLY from the revelation noted in the Bible.

ONLY God the Holy Spirit reveals HIS TRUTH as noted in the Bible.

John 14:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Matthew 16:13-17 New International Version (NIV)

Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

Here God the Father reveals God the Son Jesus Christ is the Messiah.

NEVER by the mind or means of man.

Isaiah 29:13-14 New International Version (NIV)

13 The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
    and honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
    is based on merely human rules they have been taught.[a]
14 Therefore once more I will astound these people
    with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
    the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish.”

Footnotes:

1. Isaiah 29:13 Hebrew; Septuagint They worship me in vain; / their teachings are merely human rules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is another seemingly less experienced use of prophecy or the prophetic.

But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:  And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
1 Corinthians 14:24‭-‬25 KJV

Those secrets of this unbelieving man's heart are not recorded in scripture, but the revealing of them are referred to as the work of prophecy. Therefore we can deduce that a prophetic word or prophecy can be and in this case is something additional to the recorded word that we have in The Bible, Though never contradicting the Word.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Joe Sutherland said:

But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:  And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Those secrets of this unbelieving man's heart are not recorded in scripture, but the revealing of them are referred to as the work of prophecy. Therefore we can deduce that a prophetic word or prophecy can be and in this case is something additional to the recorded word that we have in The Bible, Though never contradicting the Word.

if all prophesy,  and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all.  End quote......I understand this passage to mean that preaching the word brings men to conviction and they will be judged on the basis of their response.  Paul continues to contrast tongues with prophecy again showing prophecy superiority.   Prophecy  is used here in it's most general sense of speaking forth Gods word.  When Gods word is proclaimed it speaks to men's hearts and brings conviction of sin which is the 1st step in coming to faith.  One must hear the word before one can believe.  Prophecy here is Gods word already revealed thru His  written word and proclaimed to bring others to faith.  Is this what you are saying or am I misunderstanding.  Additional prophecy is unnecessary because faith is a gift from God.  If the things God has already given us is not enough, then there will never be enough.

1 hour ago, learning all i can said:

Is this what you are saying or am I misunderstanding.  Additional prophecy is unnecessary because faith is a gift from God.  If the things God has already given us is not enough, then there will never be enough.

My Church sets aside time for what we call Prophetic Words or Words of Knowledge.  We have these sessions in Church every Sunday.  There are people in the church who are Prophets that speak to individuals in the congregation.  This is done in an orderly fashion, and only one person speaks at a time.  Sometimes there will be 3 people who have words of knowledge for someone else in the congregation, most of the time it is just one person speaking to another about something that is going on in their life. 

I have witnessed words of knowledge given to my sister who was going through some personal things at the time.  The prophets knew nothing about what was going on in her life but were able to speak to those things directly and tell my sister what God's plans were for her.  This brought her and myself to tears, me because I knew what she was going through and for her, because God wanted her to know that he knew what was going on in her life.

I have also witnessed a person giving a word of knowledge to someone else in the congregation at a Men's meeting, then our Pastor who had not been in the room at the time to hear that word of knowledge comes in and sits down and tells that same person the exact same thing confirming what was being said was true. 

I have heard others received words of knowledge who I did not know, and they stand up and confirm to the rest of the congregation that the words they received were accurate.

@learning all i can I appreciate your defense of God's Word and not adding anything to it, however, I cannot deny something that I have heard with my own ears and seen with my own eyes. 

I found the below links after I wrote the above.  They seem to explain what I am talking about.

The Gift of Prophecy

The Word of Knowledge

The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

My Church sets aside time for what we call Prophetic Words or Words of Knowledge.  We have these sessions in Church every Sunday.  There are people in the church who are Prophets that speak to individuals in the congregation.  This is done in an orderly fashion, and only one person speaks at a time.  Sometimes there will be 3 people who have words of knowledge for someone else in the congregation, most of the time it is just one person speaking to another about something that is going on in their life. 

I have witnessed words of knowledge given to my sister who was going through some personal things at the time.  The prophets knew nothing about what was going on in her life but were able to speak to those things directly and tell my sister what God's plans were for her.  This brought her and myself to tears, me because I knew what she was going through and for her, because God wanted her to know that he knew what was going on in her life.

I have also witnessed a person giving a word of knowledge to someone else in the congregation at a Men's meeting, then our Pastor who had not been in the room at the time to hear that word of knowledge comes in and sits down and tells that same person the exact same thing confirming what was being said was true. 

I have heard others received words of knowledge who I did not know, and they stand up and confirm to the rest of the congregation that the words they received were accurate.

@learning all i can I appreciate your defense of God's Word and not adding anything to it, however, I cannot deny something that I have heard with my own ears and seen with my own eyes. 

I found the below links after I wrote the above.  They seem to explain what I am talking about.

The Gift of Prophecy

The Word of Knowledge

The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Mark, thank you for your testimony on this subject and I do value your beliefs and your steadfast and continuance in the study of Gods word.  The Holy Spirit gives us understanding and knowledge at different times in our walk with the Lord.  I maintain what Gods word and the Holy Spirit has revealed to me thru scripture alone.  I personally do not believe in modern day prophecy but what you have explained above would not fall under OT or NT prophecy in my studies of the Bible.  Perhaps my understanding is dull of your statements because I have never been in a church that considers prophecy as modern day.  I appreciate  your explanations and respect your belief but as you and I both must confess neither of us will be able to change ones mind until the Holy Spirit lays it upon our hearts.  We must also be of the mind that your belief in modern day prophecy and my unbelief in it is not an essential to our salvation.   Therefore I feel this discussion on my part must conclude as I know where we both stand and what each of us believe  in the work of Jesus Christ and what He accomplished for us.......altho our gifts are important and God gives them to us, they are to be used as a source that we must use to bring others to salvation.  Again I appreciate your time and explanations.

29 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Therefore I feel this discussion on my part must conclude as I know where we both stand and what each of us believe  in the work of Jesus Christ and what He accomplished for us.......altho our gifts are important and God gives them to us, they are to be used as a source that we must use to bring others to salvation.  Again I appreciate your time and explanations.

I understand, I use to believe as you (not that there is anything wrong with that.), I left a rather large denominatial church (27K) because I felt I wasn't growing and I was getting lost in the crowd.  M late brother, introduced me to this Church and I am growing in my knowledge and my faith.   In the links I provided above, at the bottom of each, there are testimonies from others, who I do not know, who speak about these gifts.

Many Blessings to you,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jesus gives us a demonstration of 
1 Cor. 14:24-25 type of prophecy with the woman at the well...

"The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:   For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.  The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet."
John 4:17‭-‬19 KJV

The Lord Jesus is demonstrating for us this use of the prophetic in personal ministry. This revealing of the secrets this woman carried produced the response "Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet".

Many Christians will never experience this dispensation of the prophetic gift in their lives because they don't believe that through the power of the Spirit we can actually follow Jesus's example to this extent. 

Many other Believers, on the other hand, do believe in this use of the prophetic and have countless testimonies of the Holy Spirit doing this very thing for both the edification of the saints and the salvation of the lost. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Joe Sutherland said:

ya know what

I told Mark that we would pretty much have to agree to disagree and our disagreement between us was not accomplishing anything.  Therefore, I felt it best that I stepp away not to bring unnecessary toil between us.  Then I saw this post of yours and had to come back to dispute what you are trying to lead others as an example of prophecy.  You know good and well that this scripture found  in John 4:16-19 is not about prophecy.  It is about the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and Him knowing the heart of a sinner.  He is revealing Himself as the living water.  He has exposed her sin and now repentance is in order before she can drink of the living water.  He is showing and telling how a lost sinner, hell bound can have eternal life.  There was no prophecy about it.  Yes, she said "Sir, I perceive you as a prophet"  was her confirmation or affirmation  that His knowledge of her sinful lifestyle was accurate.  I am totally appalled that you would twist this scripture to fit your narrative to prove a point.  As you can see here, many went along and agreed with this false narrative.  They didn't  even bother to look it up and find truth for themselves.  I am truly disappointed with people that only take sides without the truth because it satisfies their inner being and I'm truly disappointed that you would try to pass this scripture off as some thing that it is not

2 hours ago, learning all i can said:

ya know what

I told Mark that we would pretty much have to agree to disagree and our disagreement between us was not accomplishing anything.  Therefore, I felt it best that I stepp away not to bring unnecessary toil between us.  Then I saw this post of yours and had to come back to dispute what you are trying to lead others as an example of prophecy.  You know good and well that this scripture found  in John 4:16-19 is not about prophecy.  It is about the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and Him knowing the heart of a sinner.  He is revealing Himself as the living water.  He has exposed her sin and now repentance is in order before she can drink of the living water.  He is showing and telling how a lost sinner, hell bound can have eternal life.  There was no prophecy about it.  Yes, she said "Sir, I perceive you as a prophet"  was her confirmation or affirmation  that His knowledge of her sinful lifestyle was accurate.  I am totally appalled that you would twist this scripture to fit your narrative to prove a point.  As you can see here, many went along and agreed with this false narrative.  They didn't  even bother to look it up and find truth for themselves.  I am truly disappointed with people that only take sides without the truth because it satisfies their inner being and I'm truly disappointed that you would try to pass this scripture off as some thing that it is not

I shared your theology on the subject of the prophetic until the Holy Spirit began to open up my eyes to the true workings of the Holy Spirit through believers, things I had only read about in scripture begun manifesting in real life before my eyes, you don't come back from that, you go to the Father and ask for more of the Spirit wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

It's amazing when this happens, it's a real paradigm shift and it'll happen for you brother, either here or there, I pray it's here because it is the will of God for you to personally experience the prophetic.

In the meantime,

Can you please explain these verses to me?

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"
Acts 2:17‭-‬18 KJV

• Thanks 2

I suspect the key difference is a word if knowledge as revealed by God the Holy Spirit and what is revealed by the mind of man. Further, does a past or modern day prophet always have a word of knowledge by God the Holy Spirit?

Numbers 24:15-17 New International Version (NIV)

Balaam’s Fourth Message

15 Then he spoke his message:

“The prophecy of Balaam son of Beor,
    the prophecy of one whose eye sees clearly,
16 the prophecy of one who hears the words of God,
    who has knowledge from the Most High,
who sees a vision from the Almighty,
    who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened:

17 “I see him, but not now;
    I behold him, but not near.
A star will come out of Jacob;
    a scepter will rise out of Israel.
He will crush the foreheads of Moab,
    the skulls[a] of[b] all the people of Sheth.[c]

Footnotes:

1. Numbers 24:17 Samaritan Pentateuch (see also Jer. 48:45); the meaning of the word in the Masoretic Text is uncertain.
  2. Numbers 24:17 Or possibly Moab, / batter
  3. Numbers 24:17 Or all the noisy boasters

Proverbs 23:12 New International Version (NIV)

Saying 12

12 Apply your heart to instruction
    and your ears to words of knowledge.

1 Corinthians 14:5-7 New International Version (NIV)

I would like every one of you to speak in tongues,[a] but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues,[b]unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction? Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?

Footnotes:

1. 1 Corinthians 14:5 Or in other languages; also in verses 6, 18, 22, 23 and 39
  2. 1 Corinthians 14:5 Or in other languages; also in verses 6, 18, 22, 23 and 39

In my opinion:

God is not limited by man’s intellect. Nor is God subject to the devices or constraints of man’s devices or reason. And God is absolutely not bound to the promptings and/or practices of man.

So, I welcome HIM as HE acts in conformance with HIS spoken word as HE determines.

Exodus 3:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Footnotes:

1. Exodus 3:14 Or I will be what I will be

I am grateful HE is who HE is and will be as HE will be as the I AM WHO I AM without my preconceived restriction only to know HIM as always consistent with who HE was, is, and will be.

Hebrews 13:8 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

John 8:58 New International Version (NIV)

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, learning all i can said:

Well, I guess I'll  just have to stick to what the Bible says and not Mark because the Bible makes clear that there are NO (EXC)EPTIONS.  Its Gods way and His word alone.  We cant add and take away because that makes us happy or makes more sense to us.  Yep, I'll  stick to Gods way and His word.

Ha, but you're right, I just had to jump in.

A rich artist is always a dead artist. Think about it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2020 at 1:15 PM, learning all i can said:

According to the Bible there were several  things that was a indication of Gods true prophets.  

1.  Predictions always come true.

2.  God says:  " if He chose to authenticate a true prophey, He would do so by empowering him to work miracles.  Deuteronomy 13:1-5

3.  Even if he works miracles the prophets message MUST BE IN COMPLETE DOCTRINAL AGREEMENT with previous revelation.  Deuteronomy 13.

4.  True prophets communicated Gods word to the people.  Nothing was added or taken away from what God spoke.  Exodus 4:12.    The Lord actually put words into His prophets mouths. Deut. 18:18, Jer.1:9 and Ezekiel 2:7.

5.  The divine inspiration  and authority of the OT prophetic voice is most clearly affirmed in 2 Peter 1:20-21.

More on this can be found in Numbers 11:29, Deuteronomy 21 and 22.

I personally do not believe in Modern day Bibical prophets.  First and foremost God has revealed everything to us in His word.  There is nothing to add to the Cannons. The Cannons have been closed by Jesus Christ Himself.  He tells us this in Revelation.  John the Baptist is considered to be the last OT prophet altho he herald our Lord Jesus in the NT.

Kristie stated that Kim Clemens was ask if he was ever wrong and he stated that yes he was.  Therefore his predictions would disqualify him as a true prophet of God.  All predictions must come true or be proven so in the future to be a true prophet of God plus it must be absolutely in accordance to and agreement with scripture.

You forgot to include in point number 4 that God said he would speak directly to us and not through another. Such as when the Angel of Light said he spoke for God in a cave in Saudia Arabia to a so-called self-proclaimed prophet who used his wife's nakedness to verify he was a prophet.