Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 27 November 2019

Adam Montana

27 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

WOWZERS!!!

:twothumbs: You Were "cited" two (2) Red Ruby Citations TO DATE As Badges Of Honor For You For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power", Floridian, CONGRATULATIONS AND Happy Thanksgiving To You!!! :tiphat:

I gave You purple trophies instead. I hope You don't mind. :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Thank you, Synopsis, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.  😀

Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake, being a "senior citizen" and all.  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Thank you, Synopsis, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.  😀

Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake, being a "senior citizen" and all.  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!  

:twothumbs: You The MAN!!!, Floridian, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Except there are no tax breaks for $$ spent on political endeavors 😁👍🏻
Happy Thanksgiving bostonangler! 🦃 🥧 

Thanks Half Crazy... I didn't realize that.

The IRS is very clear about whether you can deduct political campaign contributions from your Federal income taxes: The answer is a stone cold NO. But when it comes to individual states, that’s not the whole story.

While no state lets you deduct political contributions, four of them—Arkansas, Ohio, Oregon, and Virginia—actually do something better: They offer a tax credit for part or all of your contribution, up to a certain amount.

The idea behind the credit is to encourage a wider range of of people to participate in the political donation process, which is largely driven by affluent, conservative Americans, according to the Poverty Action Lab.

The credits, which previously were also offered in Arizona and Minnesota, have been controversial. In Oregon, for example, critics have complained that they cost the state around $7 million in the last election cycle and encourage PACs to solicit donations with come-ons promising that “your gift may cost you nothing.”

But for now, at least, here’s how to take advantage of the credit if you live in one of these states.

Arkansas

“The Natural State” grants tax credits for state—not federal—campaign contributions of up to $50 for an individual ($100 for a couple), and it can be spread over multiple candidates, political action committees approved by Arkansas, and parties.

Ohio

Like Arkansas, Ohio only allows for contributions to candidates in statewide elections. There is no disqualifying income limit, so the credit is available to anyone who wants a free $50 to donate to someone running for the following offices: governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of state, state auditor, treasurer, attorney general, member of the state board of education, justice of the supreme court, or member of the general assembly. Married couples filing jointly can claim a $100 credit.

Oregon

If you make less than $200,000 jointly, or $100,000 individually, you can claim a tax credit of $100 and $50, respectively. The state is very open about where you can donate: Political action committees and individual candidates in local, state, and federal elections are all fair game, as long as they’re on a ballot in the state during that tax year.

Virginia

Old Dominion’s rules apply to all income brackets. According to the Virginia Tax Schedule CR Instructions, the commonwealth will give you a tax credit of 50% of your contribution to a candidate running for state or local office only, with a limit of $25 for individuals, $50 for joint filers.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Engine1 said:

Adam, Thank you for the drive by. 

Plus how do I get this pop up from appearing. It keeps on offering me a VIP!">VIP 

Screenshot_20191127-203303_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wanted to inquire about same thing ...You beat me to it...Thanks

Please Adam.....How do we Peons can prevent that ad from keeping on appearing  ( other than VIP- subscribing and / or  leaving site, I mean)....

How long will it last, if I may ask?

Thanks in advance for the kind reply....

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Happy Thanksgiving DV! I have a feeling we all have a lot to be thankful for outside of material possessions. Let’s focus on those this Thanksgiving. In the meantime I’ll just leave this right here. Totally politically incorrect, completely historically inaccurate, and while I don’t usually like SNL anymore, they brought back some old cast and it made me chuckle 

Great ....Thanks for sharing

• Upvote 1

Quote from Adam Montana:

Happy Wednesday DinarVets!

1. Michael Bloomberg officially entered the race for 2020 US President. We've all seen people blow a ton of money, and he can't/won't win (Vegas odds are +2500 currently), so I wonder if there's an ulterior motive here. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

End Quote

Well since you asked:

This will take a while. When I was a kid growing up, the Congress was almost always in the hands of the Democrats. Yet it was a government that was considered "right-of-center." These were the John F. Kennedy kind of "ask not what your country can do for you" Democrats. Somewhere along the way, the Democrats skewed way left. But there is the centrist "old guard" still around. And while Joe Biden is still left-of-center, he's not a way left kind of guy that seems to be the desire of the current Democrat Party.

I think that there are two issues going on, currently. Joe Biden is damaged goods and the DNC wants him to go away. Sleepy-Joe came out last spring and told the world how he got the Ukrainian Government to back off investigating the company his son was associated with. He was pretty blatant about it. I think that the DNC started all this "Impeach Trump" stuff as a way to kill two birds with one stone. Take out Joe Biden, who is wildly successful with his centrist, moderate campaign, and blame it Donald Trump accusing him of the very things Joe Biden admitted to doing. Don't believe me? Ask Bernie what the Democrat Party did to him in 2016. Joe is just not left enough.

So now what are we going to do? As I said, Biden is damaged goods. Well the "Old Guard" centrist Democrats need a viable candidate who is not so left as Bernie and Pocahontas er, Elizabeth. And now we have Mikey.

My two cents.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, Adam Montana said:

1. Michael Bloomberg officially entered the race for 2020 US President. We've all seen people blow a ton of money, and he can't/won't win (Vegas odds are +2500 currently), so I wonder if there's an ulterior motive here. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Another NY politician/businessman with a huge ego with an ax to grind against Trump.

These infights have gone back years, sometimes decades.

Nadler especially has a messy history with him. 

Decent article here laying out some of Bloomberg's resentments/history With Trump.

How the relationship between Trump and Bloomberg went into a tailspin

Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, speaks to former New York mayor Michael R. Bloomberg during a memorial service at the National 9/11 Memorial on Sept. 11, 2016, in New York. (Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images) Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, speaks to former New York mayor Michael R. Bloomberg during a memorial service at the National 9/11 Memorial on Sept. 11, 2016, in New York. (Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images)
Jan. 31, 2019 at 2:53 p.m. EST

NEW YORK — On an autumn day in 2013, New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg traveled to the Bronx to hail the transformation of a massive garbage dump into a world-class golf course. Donald Trump stood nearby, beaming as Bloomberg said the course would be operated by “the great Trump Organization.”

“If there is anybody who has changed this city, it is Donald Trump,” Bloomberg said. “He really has done an amazing thing, and this is another part of it.”

Trump turned to Bloomberg, gushing: “You have been a great mayor. You really have. I mean, this guy is fantastic.”

For more than a decade, the two New York billionaires appeared together at charity golf events, ribbon cuttings and even on Trump’s reality television shows, a relationship of political and business convenience if not genuine friendship.

AD

The alliance imploded the moment Trump launched his bid for the White House in 2015, exposing raw differences of policy and personality that have become only more stark as President Trump has carried out a series of measures that are politically anathema to Bloomberg, such as withdrawing from a deal to combat global warming.

Trump, in an interview this week with The Washington Post, said, “I really liked Michael and I think he liked me, but it went really strangely haywire once I ran for office.” He said Bloomberg did not care about his political views when he was merely a New York City developer, but now “he probably doesn’t like my policies. I’m for guns, he’s against guns . . . A developer is a lot different than as a candidate.”

Trump used the golf course deal as a cudgel against Bloomberg, saying during the campaign the city was unable to get the course finished until he took it over — a claim that infuriated Bloomberg’s associates, who said the city did most of the work.

AD

Now Bloomberg’s dark view of Trump’s performance as president may be the deciding factor in whether the former mayor decides to run for the White House. Bloomberg has expressed doubt that a “short, Jewish, divorced billionaire” such as himself could be elected president. Trump’s performance, however, has led him to seriously consider using part of his fortune to seek the Democratic nomination.

Bloomberg, in a brief interview this week during a visit to the first-primary state of New Hampshire, said, “My objection to Donald Trump is the way he’s filling his current role, in terms of representing the country, in terms of representing the public. There’s an attitude, and a style, and lack of civility that I think is bad for the country, and I find offensive.”

Bloomberg and Trump attend an event at the Trump National Golf Course in July 2007 in Briarcliff Manor, N.Y. (Clint Spaulding/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images) Bloomberg and Trump attend an event at the Trump National Golf Course in July 2007 in Briarcliff Manor, N.Y. (Clint Spaulding/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

On the surface, Bloomberg and Trump have much in common: Both have named their businesses after themselves; both have become billionaires in New York City; both unexpectedly won their respective political offices; both have switched their party registrations repeatedly.

AD

But they come from very different backgrounds. Bloomberg was raised in working-class Massachusetts while Trump benefited from his father’s fortune. Bloomberg made his fortune selling Wall Street-related data, and he veered left on a variety of issues, including the environment and gun control, as he rose in New York City politics. Trump, who once was a classically liberal New Yorker, moved right as he sought a national audience, recasting himself as a conservative Republican. Bloomberg calls himself a nonpartisan manager and engineer who delegates authority; Trump is a defiantly partisan president who says he, alone, can fix things.

While both are among the wealthiest Americans, Bloomberg is much richer. Bloomberg ranks tenth on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans, with $52 billion, compared with Trump, ranked 259th with $3.1 billion.

Rep. Peter T. King, a New York Republican who was reelected last year with fundraising help from Bloomberg even though he continues to support Trump, said the battle of billionaires has gotten deeply personal.

AD

“I would think, without getting into psychoanalysis, that one New York billionaire can think he is better than another New York billionaire,” King said. “I can see Mike resenting the fact he is not getting the same recognition Donald Trump gets. Each guy thinks he is smarter than the other.”

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who has spent many hours with both men, said Trump’s self-image relies greatly on his coming from Queens and never feeling accepted by the Manhattan elite, even after building Trump Tower.

Trump “is an outsider, and the guys like Bloomberg, in style and substance, are the people he felt always rejected him, which would unnerve him if [Bloomberg] ran against him,” Sharpton said. If the two face each other, he said, “I’d want a ringside seat.”

Billionaire alliance

The two did not know each other until Bloomberg ran for mayor in 2001 as a Republican. Trump focused on the Democratic primary, first supporting Fernando Ferrer, who lost the primary to Mark Green. Trump then contributed $4,500 to Green during the general election race against Bloomberg, whose campaign was self-funded. Once Bloomberg was elected, Trump said, he became an avid supporter.

For years, Trump had lavished attention on New York City mayors, whose support he needed for real estate projects. By the time Bloomberg was elected, however, Trump had mostly switched from developing new properties in New York City to selling his brand around the world and starring in his reality television show.

Trump talks with former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani while Bloomberg, then mayor, eats popcorn before an American League Championship Series game between the Yankees and the Boston Red Sox in October 2003 at Yankee Stadium. (Ezra Shaw/Getty Images) Trump talks with former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani while Bloomberg, then mayor, eats popcorn before an American League Championship Series game between the Yankees and the Boston Red Sox in October 2003 at Yankee Stadium. (Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

In October 2004, Trump invited Bloomberg to appear on “The Apprentice,” and the mayor met contestants at the official mayoral residence, Gracie Mansion. Trump hyped the appearance, telling contestants they would be meeting a “great leader.”

AD

Four years later, Bloomberg appeared on “The Celebrity Apprentice” in an episode centered on which stars could sell the most hot dogs on the streets of New York City. Bloomberg was shown walking down a busy Manhattan street with Trump as the two prepared to inspect the work of contestants such as Gene Simmons of the rock band Kiss and “Apprentice” star Omarosa Manigault Newman.

While Trump beamed and dramatic music played, Bloomberg delivered a series of corny lines, such as: “As the No. 1 ‘Frank-o-phile’ in the city, I’m supposed to see whether you guys can cut the mustard.”

Manigault Newman, who went on to work in the office of public liaison in the Trump White House, said in an interview that the pair’s relationship was a case study in how they used each other in “symbiotic exploitation.”

AD

“Doing official business, Bloomberg came across uptight. In our episode, I remember he came across as down to earth and relatable,” she said. As for Trump, “It gave him quite a bit of legitimacy, to flex his connections and his access to powerful people.”

During the filming, Bloomberg and Trump rode the subway together. As Bloomberg recalled the incident last week, Trump “said he took the subway all the time, but I did note he didn’t know which end of the MetroCard to put in.”

Trump, asked about the ride, said Bloomberg’s description was untrue. He said the subway was opened for dozens of crew, “and I never had a MetroCard when I rode the subway with him.”

After two terms as mayor, Bloomberg was prohibited under the law from seeking a third. The business community rallied around the idea of overturning the term limit, and Trump became a leading backer. The term limit was dropped, and Bloomberg won reelection. That, in turn, led to the high point of the Trump-Bloomberg relationship.

AD

Bloomberg had promised he would oversee the transformation of a trash dump in the Bronx into a world-class golf course. The project had faltered for decades because of the high cost of cleaning up the landfill and meeting environmental rules. The Bloomberg administration hoped a developer such as Trump would agree to pay for the cleanup and build the course, but no one bid.

Eager to keep his campaign promise, Bloomberg eventually decided city taxpayers would pay the bill. The project had started under a prior mayor and reached $164 million to build the course, and millions more for environmental measures, according to the city-run Independent Budget Office. The Bloomberg administration then sent out bids for a company to finish the course by planting seed and some other measures and constructing a clubhouse.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, along with Donald Trump, announces the completion of construction at the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx in October 2013. (Spencer T Tucker/Office of the Mayor) Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, along with Donald Trump, announces the completion of construction at the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx in October 2013. (Spencer T Tucker/Office of the Mayor)

Trump said Bloomberg asked him to get involved “because he was getting killed on this project. He had it for 12 years. I said, ‘Michael, I’m going to make you look good.’ ” As Trump told the story, Bloomberg was grateful for the golf course work and turned against him only after both men pondered running for the presidency.

AD

Trump’s son, Eric, said in an interview that he participated in two conversations about the project that included his father and Bloomberg, one by phone and a second in person.

“I remember this conversation vividly,” Eric Trump said. “Mike called up and said [to Donald Trump], ‘We need your help because this is an embarrassment to the city of New York and my administration. You are the only person who can do it.’ We went in there and we did the job.” Trump was one of three bidders and won the contract in 2013. Eric Trump said his father and Bloomberg “were friends a lot closer aligned than people would think.”

Bloomberg declined to respond or to discuss the golf course project, but his spokesman, Howard Wolfson, said: “Unsurprisingly, given their well documented relationship with the truth, the Trumps are lying. None of these conversations occurred.” Told of this denial, Eric Trump stood by his comments.

A rivalry begins

By April 2015, as Trump began seriously considering a presidential bid, the relationship turned rivalrous.

Trump’s daughter Ivanka wrote on her blog that her father “acquired this amazing redevelopment project after it had floundered around with the City of New York for more than two decades. Shortly after he was announced as the developer, my father went out to the construction site, where he saw a bunch of guys literally moving sand from one end of the course to the other. He essentially looked at them and said, ‘You guys have made a lot of money pushing sand around for the last 20 years, but that stops with me. It’s time to get this done.’ And they did.”

Adrian Benepe, Bloomberg’s former parks commissioner, said such descriptions exaggerated Trump’s role. “That is when the lying began, that Trump had come in to bail out the incompetent city. Despite the myth, Trump did not build that golf course. The city built it, the city did all the heavy lifting, dealt with all the environmental issues.”

Ivanka Trump deferred to her father’s comments, a spokeswoman said. Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course before Trump took over and is now a Trump supporter, said in an interview, “We might have been there another 30 years if Donald Trump hadn’t been there.” After the city built the public course, the Trump Organization made the improvements and built a clubhouse that cost $10 million. Under the contract, Trump collects course and concession fees. The course is open to the public. at an 18-hole weekend fee of $185.

A helicopter sits near a putting green during a ribbon-cutting event for a clubhouse at Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx in June 2018. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images) A helicopter sits near a putting green during a ribbon-cutting event for a clubhouse at Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx in June 2018. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

Three months after Ivanka Trump’s blog entry, Donald Trump launched his bid for the presidency, and he frequently cited completing the golf course as an example of his ability to get things done. In a January 2016 appearance on CNN, for example, Trump said, “I took it over for one year, knocked it up, and now it’s a tremendous success. Michael asked me if I’d get involved with it, and I’m the one that got it done, and did a great job.”

Bloomberg decided two months later not to seek the presidency, even as he said Trump ran “the most divisive and demagogic presidential campaign I can remember, preying on people’s prejudices and fears.” He then attacked Trump at the Democratic National Convention, calling him a “risky, reckless and radical choice.” Trump, who said he was stunned by Bloomberg’s words, tweeted in response: “ ‘Little’ Michael Bloomberg, who never had the guts to run for president, knows nothing about me. His last term as Mayor was a disaster!”

Shortly after he won the presidency, Trump talked on the phone with Bloomberg about how to run the White House but he said he did not offer a job. Bloomberg told The Post last year that he told the president-elect: “You could have a good presidency if you get good people and you depend on them, and you delegate authority to go along with responsibility.” Bloomberg said that is “what he did not do.”

On 11/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, Adam Montana said:

Due to the sudden difference in exchange value as implemented by the Central Bank of Iraq on (December 4, 2019), all values in the Budget shall be adjusted 3 zeros to the left. In other words, an allocation of 1,000,000 Iraqi Dinar is now adjusted to 1,000 Iraqi Dinar.

Where did this come from?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks Adam for your update. Since you ask on Bloomberg, that subversive is already spending money on TV ads. We are countering by calling local TV stations trying to put pressure on them not to accept these blood money ads from this subversive New York yankee! We make our money here and DemoRat politics is not what we want from our local channels! I urge everyone to start the fight with your local stations and papers to let them know their support of the subversive DemoRat party will be met with boycotting their advertisers. This is not a sit on the sidelines fight! We must defeat this subversive DemoRat party, for the sake of the US constitution and the Bill of Rights! The DemoRats hate these two things and are set to destroy them!! Trump 2020!! JMHO 🤠

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, Adam Montana said:

For example, the exchange rate is currently 1190:1 (IQD:USD). If they move the exchange rate closer to $1, they might move the decimal 3 places to the left making 1.19 IQD = $1 USD. Adjusting the budget is mind blowingly simple - a one paragraph amendment reads as follows:

My whiskey and I have been seeing those magic numbers $1.19 going for 2 years now everywhere....yup. :cheesehead:

star-trek-nod.gif

But hey, that's just between my whiskey and I lol :lol: