Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Info from my Shia friend

GregHi

On 5/7/2020 at 3:01 AM, gregp said:

Mr. GregH, ask your friend,, did the Kurds discussed a new rate during the negotiations?

Thank you sir!:tiphat:

On 5/7/2020 at 3:55 AM, jcav said:

Good question Chuck.  

4 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Thanks 

Actually It Was GregP’s Question ! :o 

But I’m Glad That Chuck Was ‘Socially Lubricated’ Enough To Take Credit For It ! :cheesehead:

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, since it was the last time I’ll see my Shia friend before Eid, I wished him a good holiday and he told me he is really looking forward to the feast. He said he is going to make a traditional breakfast in Iraq. He called it gaymer. Evidently it is a fatty kind of cream made from buffalo milk and is spread on bread (Nan). He said here In the US they make it from cows milk, so it’s not quite the same but close. He said on hot nan, it is wonderful.. I envision it being similar to thick butter on toast.. 

anyway, just thought I’d share what is considered a good breakfast in Iraq I guess.. Gaymer.. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, GregHi said:

Last night, since it was the last time I’ll see my Shia friend before Eid, I wished him a good holiday and he told me he is really looking forward to the feast. He said he is going to make a traditional breakfast in Iraq. He called it gaymer. Evidently it is a fatty kind of cream made from buffalo milk and is spread on bread (Nan). He said here In the US they make it from cows milk, so it’s not quite the same but close. He said on hot nan, it is wonderful.. I envision it being similar to thick butter on toast.. 

anyway, just thought I’d share what is considered a good breakfast in Iraq I guess.. Gaymer.. ;) 

Hey Greg, just curious about something. When your friend says buffalo milk, does he mean real buffalo? Or does he mean buffalo like we have here in the US which are actually bison..?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Hey Greg, just curious about something. When your friend says buffalo milk, does he mean real buffalo? Or does he mean buffalo like we have here in the US which are actually bison..?

HCR, I’m not sure.. He said it’s from buffalo milk, so I just assumed real buffalo but I’m not really sure. I guess there are buffalo around the Iraq area.. He described it like how I see people make cheese where they let the milk set and the cream rises to the top and they take that part. Evidently it’s real fatty and good on hot nan bread.. ;) 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Mr. G said:

I picture it to be like “clotted cream”. We had it in England. It was awesome! Got it here in the US and just wasn’t the same.

Mr. G. I just looked up some YouTube videos and it looks like gaymer and clotted cream are probably about the same thing.. My friend said the taste is different using milk and heavy whipping cream and it’s also white as where buffalo milk is more of a yellowish color.. 

• Thanks 2

GregHi

• GregHi
  • Members

1 hour ago, GregHi said:

I just looked up some YouTube videos and it looks like gaymer and clotted cream are probably about the same thing..

My friend said the taste is different using milk and heavy whipping cream

Hey Clooney - The Recipe Threads Belong In The Food Section ! :o 

But While We’re Talking About It - Does Anybody Have A Recipe For Toast ? :blink: 

If This Thing Ever RV’s - I’m Gonna Buy One Of Those Super Hi Tech Toasters That Keep U From Burning It ... 

image.jpeg.74a11ad9a865256d890ae7d7805d9ddb.jpeg

• Haha 10

9 hours ago, GregHi said:

HCR, I’m not sure.. He said it’s from buffalo milk, so I just assumed real buffalo but I’m not really sure. I guess there are buffalo around the Iraq area.. He described it like how I see people make cheese where they let the milk set and the cream rises to the top and they take that part. Evidently it’s real fatty and good on hot nan bread.. ;) 

Thanks Greg! I’m sure you’re right, real buffalo. Not something you’re likely to find in the US 😁 

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! 🇺🇸 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to my Shia friend tonight. He said his brothers, brother in law is now up for another minister position in the Government.. His name Is Hasan Nadhum and the position he is a candidate for is the Minister of Culture and Tourism.. I will keep you posted if and when they vote..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, GregHi said:

His name Is Hasan Nadhum and the position he is a candidate for is the Minister of Culture and Tourism.. I will keep you posted if and when they vote..

We’d Luv To Go Out And Help Campaign For Him With Some Wicked Stone Chill Dance Moves ! :o 

But Is There Any Chance That He’d Be Willing To Go By The Nickname Of Pedro ...

Napoleon Dynamite Happy Dance GIF

Napoleon Dynamite Dancing GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/5/2020 at 1:48 AM, GregHi said:

Talked to my Shia friend tonight. He said his brothers, brother in law is now up for another minister position in the Government.. His name Is Hasan Nadhum and the position he is a candidate for is the Minister of Culture and Tourism.. I will keep you posted if and when they vote..

Happy for my friend.. Got a text that his relative was part of the 7 ministers nominated today.. I guess his full name is Hassan Nazim Abdul Hammadi .. I guess I butchered his name and couldn’t even spell Hassan right.. 😂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

20 hours ago, GregHi said:

Happy for my friend.. Got a text that his relative was part of the 7 ministers nominated today.

Now that you actually know someone who is related to someone who's part of Iraq's government, please, spare no speed in letting us know if you hear anything!!!!  The RV has just got to be close!  I was hoping for today, but it didn't happen.  😔  But I see they delayed the opening of the ISX for another week which hopefully just means they need another week to finalize everything so that they can complete the RV.  And since they seated the last Ministers in secret, I'm so hoping they are also secretly finalizing the HCL too.... hopefully this week!!!  My new RV target date is June 14 because that's the current date they plan to reopen the ISX. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, KristiD said:

The RV has just got to be close!  I was hoping for today, but it didn't happen. 

Too many things happening very quickly for it not to happen.  I’m thinking by the end of June or July 4th.  

President Trump likes theatrics .

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 6/5/2020 at 9:35 AM, DinarThug said:

We’d Luv To Go Out And Help Campaign For Him With Some Wicked Stone Chill Dance Moves ! :o 

But Is There Any Chance That He’d Be Willing To Go By The Nickname Of Pedro ...

Napoleon Dynamite Happy Dance GIF

Napoleon Dynamite Dancing GIF

HA HA HA....Too funny, my Scottsdale, AZ buddy........

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2020 at 1:48 AM,  GregHi said:

Read more  

Happy for my friend.. Got a text that his relative was part of the 7 ministers nominated today.. I guess his full name is Hassan Nazim Abdul Hammadi .. I guess I butchered his name and couldn’t even spell Hassan right.. 😂 

Thanks for sharing GregH.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, KristiD said:

Now that you actually know someone who is related to someone who's part of Iraq's government, please, spare no speed in letting us know if you hear anything!!!!  The RV has just got to be close!  I was hoping for today, but it didn't happen.  😔  But I see they delayed the opening of the ISX for another week which hopefully just means they need another week to finalize everything so that they can complete the RV.  And since they seated the last Ministers in secret, I'm so hoping they are also secretly finalizing the HCL too.... hopefully this week!!!  My new RV target date is June 14 because that's the current date they plan to reopen the ISX. 

Hi KristiD,

Of course. I will talk to my friend again Monday night and let him know if his relative gives him any advanced notice to let me know also and I will tell everybody.. it’s possible that the COM would know in advance, but it’s also possible they wouldn’t being That it’s such a classified event.. Anyone that was corrupt and even those that weren’t would probably try to see how they could get a few more dinars right before it happens.. I guess we will see.. I’m hoping for a week from today or the weekend after.. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GregHi said:

Hi KristiD,

Of course. I will talk to my friend again Monday night and let him know if his relative gives him any advanced notice to let me know also and I will tell everybody.. it’s possible that the COM would know in advance, but it’s also possible they wouldn’t being That it’s such a classified event.. Anyone that was corrupt and even those that weren’t would probably try to see how they could get a few more dinars right before it happens.. I guess we will see.. I’m hoping for a week from today or the weekend after.. ;)

Does your friend honestly believe that Iraq intends to change the rate? And do you know if most Iraqi citizens expect a change?

Thanks so much for your inside info 👍🏻😎

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Does your friend honestly believe that Iraq intends to change the rate? And do you know if most Iraqi citizens expect a change?

Thanks so much for your inside info 👍🏻😎

HCR,

He didn’t used to think the dinar would change value but he has heard me talk about oil prices plunging and other things Lately that we follow and I think he believes I have some kind of inside info now.. so last week he asked where he could get some dinar Here in the US in case the dinar RVs.. lol I told him eBay was selling some for ridiculous prices and he just said he will just hold onto his 30,000 Dinar.. ( a 25k note and a 5k note) and see what happens.. lol ;)

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Too many things happening very quickly for it not to happen.  I’m thinking by the end of June or July 4th.  

President Trump likes theatrics .

Pitcher I agree.. My guess is any Sunday for the rest of this month..

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GregHi said:

Hi KristiD,

I am looking for work and I am open to becoming his Aide-De-Camp. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GregHi said:

HCR,

He didn’t used to think the dinar would change value but he has heard me talk about oil prices plunging and other things Lately that we follow and I think he believes I have some kind of inside info now.. so last week he asked where he could get some dinar Here in the US in case the dinar RVs.. lol I told him eBay was selling some for ridiculous prices and he just said he will just hold onto his 30,000 Dinar.. ( a 25k note and a 5k note) and see what happens.. lol ;)

Awesome Greg, thanks! Yeah, I’ve heard that dinar is really hard to get these days. Something’s up ..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3