Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Info from my Shia friend

GregHi

I sent a picture of one of my dinars to my friend and said who wrote this crap on my money... he laughed and said that this is how they keep track of payments when they dish them out.. looking at this picture,  he explained that the writing at the top and down the side on the left is the persons name making the payment and in the middle it is for “75”.. my friend said it does not specify say 75 thousand or 75 million dinars. Then below that is the date the Payment was made. (I forgot the date he said). But he said when he was a teacher in Najaf and have to make payments he used to write on the bills as well.. 

so there you go.. more useless but a little tidbit of info on how they do things there..

5EE36AFB-6DB6-4383-822D-27AABE75032E.jpeg

Edited by GregHi
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 7

On 4/14/2020 at 5:39 AM, GregHi said:

Tonight I spoke to my Shia friend and asked him if he knew or had an opinion of the latest PM elect.. he said he had never met him and assumed since Iran likes him, he is as corrupt as the GOI... He didn’t have much to say about him..

what I did find interesting is in his name.. I found out something about the Persian culture when talking to my friend.. His name al-Kazemi is actually pronounced like al- cath a mee. The z in his name is pronounced similar to “tha”.. His Sur name being “Cathamee” is named after the area or city he is from.. He comes from the area in Baghdad called Cathamia. Apparently in the Persian culture people can change their last name to basically be close to where they are from.. I won’t reveal my friends name but let’s just say his name is Fred.. he said he could change His last name to Najafi and be known as Fred Al Najafi and everyone there would know he is from Najaf, just as everyone knows this guy is from Cathamia.. 

A little bit of useless trivia insight for ya this morning.. ;)

the link below takes you to a YouTube video by Pimpy.. in Pimpys video he has a video of Salih being interviewed recently in English that I enjoyed listening to.. Salih also mentions Kazemis name several times and it sounds just like my friend pronounced it and how I tried to spell it out for everyone..

anyway, I think you will enjoy what he has to say..

• Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1

On 4/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, GregHi said:

Salih is a smart man and seems like he's speaking honestly.   He speaks English very well.  However, did you catch some of what he said?

1.  Through the Parliamentary system, former governments did not go to the gallows.  

(We all love Maliki.  So glad he was saved from the gallows, or any punishment at all for that matter).

2.  Iraq has "legions and legions" of unemployable graduates, incapable of functioning to build a vibrant economy, due to a debilitated education system.

(So if the graduates can't build a vibrant economy for you, who can?  China?)

3.  30 million population of which nearly 70% are under 13.

(So that means there's only 9 million adults in Iraq?)

4.  They're going to have lots of trade with China.

(No matter that China released a pandemic on the entire world.)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, jcav said:

You just dated yourself.  I thought the same thing.  Robert Young.  He lived to be in his 90's.  I liked him in Father Knows Best. 

I still watch Father Knows Best on ME TV here in the Bay Area.💓

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, umbertino said:

Hey DT...You're a very funny guy.......

:lmao: 

From Delta - Translating From Social Media In Iraq ...

FROM SOCIAL MEDIA A LETTER FROM MONEY EXCHANGE COMPANY  

To the Central Bank of Iraq.

It is your duty to follow up on a very important subject, which is when anyone transfers money from abroad to Iraq (in exchange for paying a transfer commission for this company), the Iraqi citizen is surprised to receive the transfer in dinars, not dollars, at a very low exchange rate and not at the official rate !!!!
Please follow up on this topic and explain the reasons that lead to the deduction of a large percentage of people's money !!!

DELTA

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to my friend tonight and he told me that the list was released publicly of all the members of the New PMs cabinet and on the list are 2 candidates for the position of “Higher education Minister”, evidently this is different that the normal “education minister” position. The “higher education minister“ is over the colleges, etc..  anyway, one of the 2 candidates was his brothers, brother in law.. He said he spoke to him today and congratulated him on his nomination. Hopefully he will be selected.. I will try and get his name tomorrow night from my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, GregHi said:

I spoke to my friend tonight and he told me that the list was released publicly of all the members of the New PMs cabinet and on the list are 2 candidates for the position of “Higher education Minister”, evidently this is different that the normal “education minister” position. The “higher education minister“ is over the colleges, etc..  anyway, one of the 2 candidates was his brothers, brother in law.. He said he spoke to him today and congratulated him on his nomination. Hopefully he will be selected.. I will try and get his name tomorrow night from my friend.

Thanks Greg!

Sounds like a real graduation party. 
Come on suddenly. 
:cigar:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GregHi said:

Thanks GregHi, great stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I followed up with my friend and asked the name of the guy that he knows that is a candidate for the “higher education minister” and he said his name is Hasan nadhum.

Does anybody have the list of the candidates in English?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GregHi said:

Unfortunately my friends relative was not selected to be the Higher education Minister.. He had a 50/50 shot and I guess he blew it.. lol

Sorry to hear that buddy. Maybe he can be the undersecretary. :lmao:

Mr. GregH, ask your friend,, did the Kurds discussed a new rate during the negotiations?

Thank you sir!

:tiphat:

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gregp said:

Sorry to hear that buddy. Maybe he can be the undersecretary. :lmao:

Mr. GregH, ask your friend,, did the Kurds discussed a new rate during the negotiations?

Thank you sir!

:tiphat:

Good question Chuck.