Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Info from my Shia friend

GregHi

2 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Not good news for the monetary reform we wait upon ..

I think it’s all good Novice! Just more pressure to get the secret Iranians in the GOI to either implement reforms for the protestors or be replaced.. I still expect we will see what we want by the end of spring or sooner. They have to get the budget done by the end of Feb or Match and that should kick off everything everybody needs.. JMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, GregHi said:

I think it’s all good Novice! Just more pressure to get the secret Iranians in the GOI to either implement reforms for the protestors or be replaced.. I still expect we will see what we want by the end of spring or sooner. They have to get the budget done by the end of Feb or Match and that should kick off everything everybody needs.. JMO.

Thanks Mr G

🔜🔜🔜:moneybag:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GregHi said:

One can hope and a couple of more months is not long but they cannot continue to kick the can further down the road for much longer .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stt said:

Next week is to dam long, I think we get our hammers out and go nail some asses to the wall ,it's time I be been in this from the beginning and it was just gonna take a little while 

I fully agree std

• Upvote 1

Spoke with my Shia friend tonight.. These are views from my friend so take it for what it’s worth.. He said Friday’s are huge days for the people because it is their holy day and they eagerly anticipate what Sistani is going to say on this day. He gave me a bit more insight into the Shia religion and Sistani. He said Sistani is probably the most powerful figure in all of Shia Islam. He said he has Millions of followers even in Iran. Sistani generally talks about “everyone getting along”, and “helping the poor people” so just about everyone loves him. The public view him as an old wise man and when he speaks people listen.. There are levels I guess that you achieve in Shia Islam and there are several clerics that are at the same level as Sistani, but Sistani has the most followers of “his book” (how you should live your life)..

My friend is concerned that Iraq May fall into a civil war due to all the malitias that are in the Country. He said the people don’t want just the PM gone, they want everyone In the GOI gone including the militias to make real change and they are not leaving until then.. we shall see..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GregHi said:

they want everyone In the GOI gone including the militias to make real change and they are not leaving until then

I hope the people get what they want, and I hope they can keep up the pressure until it happens. Like the people of Iran, corrupt leaders and so much suffering among the people. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, GregHi said:

The topic we talked about tonight was Education and the condition of the schools. My friend said on the outskirts of town around Nasaria, he used to teach school. He said there, the school houses were made usually of clay and some school rooms didn’t have desks. If they didn’t have desks, the kids would bring empty bags of rice to place on the ground to sit on (I envisioned something like a yoga mat). He said the rooms that did have desks, often times there were 2,3, up to 4 kids sitting at 1 desk. He said the buildings were in disarray (what we would consider condemned condition). He said if they had windows they were usually broken or no glass whatsoever. He said it was horrible during the winter months because it was so cold inside.. He said public education of the kids has been severely underfunded for years thanks to the education ministers or lack there of... He said school times where in shifts, for instance from 7am to 10am was elementary kids, 10-2 would be Jr. high level and 2-5 would be the time for high schools grades.. This is how bad the schools are there, yet they live on an island of oil..

anyway, nothing really about the current political situation, but I like it when he shares with me glimpses of everyday life in and around Najaf where he is from... Hope you like it too.

Very sad, Greg.... I can’t imagine! Thanks for the update. Hopefully something good breaks in their favor in the near future. Couldn’t see my own kids going to a school like that! Those kids would have to overcome some serious odds to be fully educated and climb out of poverty 

• Upvote 2

Thanks GregHi.. Reading about the everyday life of the people of Iraq brings to us in the west what the potential could be for the citizens if the Government and others in authority  actually had their interests and their country’s interests at heart and made a difference for them instead of lining their own pockets with the gold and silver that abounds.

Educating the young properly will ensure the future of Iraq .

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Thanks GregHi.. Reading about the everyday life of the people of Iraq brings to us in the west what the potential could be for the citizens if the Government and others in authority  actually had their interests and their country’s interests at heart and made a difference for them instead of lining their own pockets with the gold and silver that abounds.

Educating the young properly will ensure the future of Iraq .

His stories are such a stark contrast of what my Erbil friend used to tell me a few years ago. I would hear stories about how my Kurdish friend had a 6 bedroom house in a gated community in Erbil and yet hear how poor Iraqis are on these sites.. I didn’t understand at the time how one area can be so well off and well developed (Kurdish Erbil), while other areas like (Shia Najaf) can be so poor.. One day soon I pray Iraqis will at least have the necessary items and services to live that we enjoy in the west. 

Edited by GregHi
  • Upvote 10

Tonight we spoke briefly in passing.. My friend said the GOI came out and said the 15 days to choose the PM is working days, not calendar days so they have more time! He then said, “bunch of crooks and liars!” 😂 

not sure if the 15 working days is in the news or not, but that’s what he told me.. ;)

Edited by GregHi
  • Thanks 11

This will be extremely quick..

My friend and I were talking and I mentioned that Halbousi had came to DC a few days ago for a secret meeting and he corrected me on the pronunciation of his name.. I pronounced it like Hal bossey ( like boss) and he pronounced it like Halboosey (like goose)..

no other tid bits came out of the discussion other than him looking forward to what Sistani will say on Friday. ;)

• Thanks 8
  • Upvote 3

I work in erbil you have to remember one thing the major fighting was never done in erbil. Erbil is a decent sized city that mirrors some of the city's in Kuwait they still have power issues and most of the money the kurds get from oil is put into the economy. Of course there are rich and poor areas but overall it's not a bad place

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vato96 said:

I work in erbil you have to remember one thing the major fighting was never done in erbil. Erbil is a decent sized city that mirrors some of the city's in Kuwait they still have power issues and most of the money the kurds get from oil is put into the economy. Of course there are rich and poor areas but overall it's not a bad place

Thank you Vato! Yes, I have a friend from Erbil also who has a real nice house in a gated community and lived very well there.. My Shia friend is the exact opposite.. He is from Najaf and grew up very poor. Even though both are from Iraq they have very different experiences..They were both translators and are here in the US now..  one thing they both agree on is how corrupt the Government is, My Erbil friend even though he knew some of the Kurdish parliament members he still said they were extremely corrupt..

Thank you for providing your experience of working there. My Shia friend who I talk to now is probably not going to know a date or rate before we do, but hopefully he can get us little insights as to what the citizens are feeling, thinking and going through over there.. more than just what articles can tell us.. That’s the main purpose of this thread is just to maybe pass along bits and pieces of info that might help put the overall big pieces of the puzzle together for us..

Edited by GregHi
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2