Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Scientist Address Climate - by John Stossel - 6 minutes

bigwave

• 3 weeks later...

There is a thread upstarts called "Scientist Address Climate - by John Stossel..".   Stossel claims the "climate alarmists" won't come to debate and that there is a long list of scary things reported over the years that turned out not to be as bad as claimed so why shouldn't we lump climate change into that list as well?

This all reveals either gross ignorance about how science works or just ignoring the facts in favor of drama for the media.   Scientific debate does not happen on talk shows but in peer reviewed journals.  The issues in question are very complex and there is no way adequate coverage can be given in a few minutes even to a scientific audience let alone to layman (like us and John Stossel and his audience).   If the climate deniers/skeptics are so sure they can refute the findings of the rest of the scientific community then why don't they publish?  Because they can only make their case to an uninformed audience that's why.   Certainly there have been announcements of scary findings over they years that turned out to be not so bad.  But likewise those same findings were NOT reinforced and supported from different sources and using different methodologies over several decades like has been the case with climate change.  When the first papers about global warming from carbon emissions came out in the the 70's being skeptical would be the proper response.  We needed more data from more sources by more people and better models and faster computes etc.  But over the next decades that is exactly what has been provided and the case only grows stronger.

Many would like to think that finding some sound bite of someone (even with scientific credentials) claiming to refute climate change is good evidence for such a refutation.  But its total BS.  It's just propaganda bouncing around in the echo chamber.  Again if such a person has such a powerful argument LET THEM PUBLISH.  But they can't.  All they can do is provide chum for those that want to accept their false claims.   If you want to get to the truth on this (as best as we can figure it out) you have to look for a meta analysis of climate papers submitted to  well respected peer reviewed journals and conferences and see what the stats are on the conclusions of such papers (this is the sort of thing that the UN climate reports are based on).  Those results are clear that the overwhelming majority of climate papers agree the earth is warming, that such warming is going to make life far more difficult (and expensive if we continue on the path we are on now) and that humans are the cause.  Also that this system has a very long lead time making urgent action imperative.

Edited by Markinsa
Merged Topics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

I’m semi curious why this was posted in the lopster tank, and also curious to hear responses to the video posted above. It seems pretty legitimate. 

Ever Curious is a lopster, he reacts to post in other sections by posting in here.

I just merged the topics.

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:29 PM, bigwave said:

The following devise was meant to blow smoke up a persons anus and into the rectum - to cure what ales you:

smokeupyourass.jpg

You know -  To blow smoke up your azz>

Get it?

It's some dry Shabibilicious humor.

How did I do?LOL

Hahahaha....nailed it, bigwave.  Interesting that you would have one of those...and seem to know how to use it.  :eyebrows:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

If you do a little research you will see that back in the 10th century things were warm and Europe was able to grow an abundance of food throughout the year. Then around the 13th century things started cooling off and the summers were so short that they couldn’t grow enough corn to support the European population. Somewhere around the 16th century things started equal out again. Find the globalist propaganda from the 70s, they were telling us that by 2020 the world would be of barren desert population will be out of control and the ice caps be gone. That’s why they keep reinventing the propaganda. Every couple of decades none of their claims comes true so they have to modify themselves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

I could not find a way to PM a member so I'll resort to starting a thread (please let me know if there is such a way).

On the one hand, thank you for posting my response to the climate change thread (to bad that the lopster designation doesn't just put some forums off limits rather than allowing posting in only one).

On the other hand, merging the threads means that I can not make any follow on responses.

On the other other hand, I post that real science takes place in peer reviewed journals not on talk shows and your response is to post a video of a gentleman with valid sounding credentials claiming global warming is all wildly overstated on a FOX talk show.  HIs arguments SOUND scientific but are they?  I don't have the expertise to know and neither does the FOX commentator.  But, if he is so certain and his refutation is so simple why is he on FOX  instead of publishing his work in reputable journals where the reviewers and readers DO have the needed expertise?

It indeed IS hard to convince people that they have been and are being fooled (there is no better example of that than the RV myth).

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Australia fires: tens of thousands stranded while attempting to flee

Visitors who were told to evacuate a vast area along the NSW south coast before even worse fire conditions return stuck for hours in gridlocked traffic

Ben Smee and Luke Henriques-Gomes

Thu 2 Jan 2020 11.43 GMT

4 vids

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/02/australia-bushfires-tens-of-thousands-stranded-while-attempting-to-flee

Australia bushfires: PM's climate stance criticised as thousands flee blazes

Scott Morrison’s government under pressure as fires feared to have killed 17 people

Ben Smee , Calla Wahlquist Helen Davidson in Sydney and Jon Henley

Wed 1 Jan 2020 19.04 GMT

Vid

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/01/australia-bushfires-defence-forces-sent-to-help-battle-huge-blazes

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

It’s pretty easy to see that glaciers are melting. If it’s caused by man there is no stopping this freight train without a global pandemic . Better learn to adapt or die . Simple as that .

I Live near LAX and as a kid remember many super dense foggy nights .We don’t see those foggy nights very often anymore.

What’s changed? Planes have become much cleaner and less particulates for moisture to cling to to create the fog 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

It’s pretty easy to see that glaciers are melting. If it’s caused by man there is no stopping this freight train without a global pandemic . Better learn to adapt or die . Simple as that .

I Live near LAX and as a kid remember many super dense foggy nights .We don’t see those foggy nights very often anymore.

What’s changed? Planes have become much cleaner and less particulates for moisture to cling to to create the fog 

Thanks for your no-nonsense testimonial, Socal...It's appreciated

Living near LAX must be tough, btw......

Edited by umbertino