Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rudy Giuliani 'jokes' he has 'insurance' on Trump if he gets thrown under the bus

Rudy Giuliani has said – apparently in jest – he has “insurance” on Donald Trump, should the president and his aides decide to try and blame him for the mounting controversy over the administration’s dealings with Ukraine.

A day after Democrats on Capitol Hill called their public witnesses to testify about Mr Trump’s July phone call with the leader of Ukraine and Mr Giuliani’s private outreach to Kiev, the former New York mayor said he believed the president would remain loyal to him.

Asked by the Guardian if he was concerned about being “thrown under the bus”, Mr Giuliani replied: “I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid.”

The report said Mr Giuliani. who has been serving as Mr Trump’s personal attorney, spoke with a slight laugh in his voice. It also said Mr Giuliani’s own lawyer, Robert Costello, whom he retained as the impeachment pressure intensified, interjected into the interview: “He’s joking.”

Mr Giuliani was asked about how confident he was that Mr Trump would not ditch him, amid reports senior Republicans were considering seeking to use him a scapegoat, as a means of protecting the president.

Axios said the plan would be to say outreach to Ukraine, in which Kiev was asked to launch an investigation into Joe Biden in exchange for the release of military aid and a state visit, was the work of Mr Giuliani.

“So the point is as long as this is a step removed, he’s in good shape,” a Republican member of one of the committees said. “If it’s a step removed from the president, he doesn’t lose any Republicans in the House.”

In the weeks since a whistleblower alleged Mr Trump had improperly sought a “quid pro quo” in his July 25 with Volodymyr Zelensky, more and more information has emerged of the role of Mr Giuliani in pushing for such a probe to be launched.

Republicans have accused Mr Biden of improperly using his position as vice president to oust an anti-corruption prosecutor who they allege represented a threat to Mr Biden’s son, Hunter. There is no evidence to support the claim.

After the whistleblower made the accusation, Democrats launched a formal impeachment investigation.

As the probe has advanced, Mr Giuliani has removed himself from the television networks, though he is said to be considering hosting a podcast. He also wrote an op-ed for The Hill, denouncing the investigation as “unprecedented, constitutionally questionable, and an affront to American fair play”.

Mr Trump was previously asked Mr Giuliani remained his personal lawyer and appeared reluctant to back him entirely.

“I haven’t spoken to Rudy,” he said last month. “I spoke to him yesterday, briefly. He’s a very good attorney and he has been my attorney, yeah sure.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giuliani-jokes-insurance-trump-191853483.html

Never trust a lawyer..

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, caz1104 said:

U'ved lowered ur standards BA....or maybe not, u've bought into MSM & the Left as gospel in the past, so one should'nt be surprised.

Come on caz, Rudy said it jokingly... Why is it you Trump folks have zero sense of humor?

Of course there is a lot of truth in humor. I don't know about you, but I learned long ago, never trust a lawyer.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

For the Guardian skeptics among us.

Rudy Giuliani says he has 'insurance' if Trump tries to throw him under the bus in the impeachment process

8671bb20-a4bf-11e9-bf77-b045690ae315

Business InsiderNovember 15, 2019

Trump Giuliani
Trump Giuliani

REUTERS/Carlo Allegri

• President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani told The Guardian that he had "insurance" should the president seek to set him up as a fall guy in House Democrats' impeachment investigation.

• Giuliani's lawyer quickly interjected that the remark was a joke — but the answer was telling nonetheless.

• In recent days, reports have emerged that senior Republicans are mulling throwing Giuliani under the bus to distance Trump from the deal Giuliani was attempting to broker in Ukraine.

• Giuliani has denied wrongdoing in relation to his activities in Ukraine, arguing that he was simply doing his job as Trump's defense attorney.

President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani has hinted that he has "insurance" should the president abandon him amid House Democrats' impeachment investigation.

In an interview with The Guardian, the former New York mayor was asked whether he was nervous the president might decide to throw him under the bus.

The House is investigating claims Trump abused his office in waging a pressure campaign, in which Giuliani played a key role, for Ukraine to announce investigations meant to benefit Trump politically.

"I'm not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid," Giuliani remarked in the article, published Thursday.

At this point in the call Giuliani's own attorney, Robert Costello, interjected to say: "He's joking."

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Even as a joke, the remark comes against a backdrop of suggestions that Giuliani could be cut loose by the Republican establishment in an effort to protect Trump.

As pressure on Trump continues to grow amid the first US presidential impeachment inquiry in two decades, reports are emerging that senior Republicans are considering using Giuliani as a fall guy.

Axios reported that they were mulling portraying him as a rogue actor who sought to broker a deal with Ukraine without the president's full knowledge.

Giuliani in the interview insisted that Trump was a "very loyal guy" who would not abandon an ally.

He said he had spoken with him after the first day of the impeachment hearings Wednesday, when the top US diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, and a top State Department official, George Kent, said Giuliani played a pivotal role in the campaign to pressure Ukraine to investigate both the Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and a conspiracy theory that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 US elections.

The impeachment inquiry is focused on whether Trump corruptly sought to advance his personal interest in seeking the investigations and used withheld held military aid as leverage.

Giuliani has denied wrongdoing and maintains he was simply doing his job as Trump's attorney in seeking the investigations.

"I acted properly as his lawyer," Giuliani told The Guardian.

"I did what a good lawyer is supposed to do. I dug up evidence that helped to show the case against him was false, that there was a great deal of collusion going on someplace else other than Russia.

"And then I stepped on the number one minefield, which is Joe Biden, who is heavily protected by the Washington press corps."

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-says-insurance-trump-105745447.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you LGD for keepin' it real up in here !:tiphat:

Like CAZ1104 sez.... gotta separate the wheat from the chaff and

consider the source !

We've all wasted countless hours here debunking the leftist tool MSM in

our fight to keep America Free... even when we encounter a "ya can't fix stupid" scenario,

we don't give in... nor give up ! :D

A mind is a terrible thing to waste... and we'll even attempt to free the co-opted minds of

our resident kommie tools here ! ;)

Like President Lincoln said : "Let The People know The Truth and The Country is safe".

And those of US who've proudly served our Republic know that Truth better than anyone.:salute:

We don't like kommie b.s. and continue to serve here, as we did in & on the field to protect

Truth, Justice & The American Way ! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3