Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Five' reacts to Donald Trump Jr.'s viral appearance on 'The View'

2000 yrs ago Jesus said, " Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Pick up a stone and I am there." 

How can we find Jesus when the only reason we split wood is to make arrows?

How can we see Jesus when we only pick up stones to throw at each other? 

What's the use of trying ( on both sides) when no one is listening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

2000 yrs ago Jesus said, " Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Pick up a stone and I am there." 

Good Morning, Brother.

Perhaps the lack of listening (on both sides) is not the problem as much as what's being said (on both sides).  As always, just my opinion. 

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

@ladyGrace'sDaddy,

Don't worry, you are only seeing a microcosm of the LEFT on this forum and in your daily life activities. Some on the LEFT are so blinded by their hate for DJT that they will never be swayed. However, there's a large swath of America that is largely apolitical and for them, we are seeing a large number move away from the Democrat Clown Party and the insanity that they are exhibiting in broad daylight for all to see. There's been Collusion and it wasn't Trump...the Political Left has been caught and will be measured appropriately.

Indy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Indraman said:

@ladyGrace'sDaddy,

Don't worry, you are only seeing a microcosm of the LEFT on this forum and in your daily life activities. Some on the LEFT are so blinded by their hate for DJT that they will never be swayed. However, there's a large swath of America that is largely apolitical and for them, we are seeing a large number move away from the Democrat Clown Party and the insanity that they are exhibiting in broad daylight for all to see. There's been Collusion and it wasn't Trump...the Political Left has been caught and will be measured appropriately.

Indy

Tuesday's election results, combined with the 2018 midterms, seem to point to the opposite, Indy.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Good Morning, Brother.

Perhaps the lack of listening (on both sides) is not the problem as much as what's being said (on both sides).  As always, just my opinion. 

GO RV, then BV 

Does it really matter? 

For ex. You vehemently oppose Trump, and his mannerism is one of your biggest dislikes. So say I walked up to you and your lovely wife, I slap her in the face and kick you in the balls. 

Whatcha gonna do? 

I submit to you that you're gonna do whatever you can to annihilate me. 

This is what I believe Trump is doing. From day one this man and his family  (including his little son) have been verbally assaulted.  He's fighting back, and to tell you the truth it's what I would do. 

The establishment in D.C. want him gone and are NEVER gonna give him a chance to work across party lines. How's that good for anyone? 

When the beginning point is your death and nothing else what's left? 

You may not like Trump but for now he's the president, why do we feel like killing each other every day over what is. In one year we'll all get a chance to change it PEACEFULLY. Otherwise  we're all gonna destroy America. 

NO ONE WILL WIN.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Does it really matter? 

For ex. You vehemently oppose Trump, and his mannerism is one of your biggest dislikes. So say I walked up to you and your lovely wife, I slap her in the face and kick you in the balls. 

Whatcha gonna do? 

I submit to you that you're gonna do whatever you can to annihilate me. 

This is what I believe Trump is doing. From day one this man and his family  (including his little son) have been verbally assaulted.  He's fighting back, and to tell you the truth it's what I would do. 

The establishment in D.C. want him gone and are NEVER gonna give him a chance to work across party lines. How's that good for anyone? 

When the beginning point is your death and nothing else what's left? 

You may not like Trump but for now he's the president, why do we feel like killing each other every day over what is. In one year we'll all get a chance to change it PEACEFULLY. Otherwise  we're all gonna destroy America. 

NO ONE WILL WIN.

The problem is, I see Trump as the kicker/slapper.....verbally mind you.  To say he is a counter-puncher is to say he's weak and can't be the aggressor, something that smacks directly in the face of the man who claims to be the world's greatest deal maker.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

LGD, this quote that you just quoted came from the Gospel of Thomas which is not in the Bible.  As far as anyone knows the Apostle Thomas never wrote a gospel. 

It is believed that this was composed by a member of a gnostic sect probably in the late 2nd century which explains why it is not in the Bible and was discovered in 1945-46 near the village of Nag Hammadi in Egypt.

It is a collection  of 114 sayings contributed to Jesus. While it is true that many of the sayings writing in the gospel of Thomas are found in the Bible, this one that you quoted IS NOT but was adapted for the gnostic purposes.

Lgd, it is not my intentions to embarrass you but I just can not let things like this slide for others to believe  about Jesus when it is not so.  Now somewhere in His life time He may have said this but it is not found in the recorded gospels of the Bible.  It is wrong when we throw such sayings around that was not actually a quote from Him Himself.  I personally have not read the gospel of Thomas because it is not in the canons and feel that books such as these could affect the true belief I find in Gods word.  Possibly causing me to become confused about what actual truth and hear say.   Hear say is the downfall and demise of many.  

I am not an intellect or scholar  in anything and hope you and others aren't supposing that I think I know more Bibically than any of you.  But when I saw the quote I knew I didn't  remember reading those words by Jesus before so I looked it up.  Altho I find this a very good saying, we must be careful when it comes to the actual word of our Lord and everything else that is Bibical.

I find that things like this causes tension between us and this is not what I want but the need for all of us to know the real truth is what matters.    The truth is in the Bible and this is for our revelation and edification. 

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

The problem is, I see Trump as the kicker/slapper.....verbally mind you.  To say he is a counter-puncher is to say he's weak and can't be the aggressor, something that smacks directly in the face of the man who claims to be the world's greatest deal maker.

GO RV, then BV

Trump is NYC.....if you've never experienced it for a length of time....it's hard to understand....Trump is probably smarter than most believe.....

Aggressor....Counter puncher?.....he's both......whatever it takes....if you recall in 2016 he and Cruz got along for a long time....Cruz took the first swing.....Trump destroyed him...

Greatest Dealmaker?.......time will tell......just ashame he can't spend more time doing the business of the people....rather than fighting off all the dogs trying to over turn the election results of 2016...

JMO.    CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, rw.sutton said:

BEST VIDEO OF THE DAY :bravo:

57 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Herein is the problem. As I say to my children when they get into a argument and blame each other for starting it.I don't care which of you started it, this argument is OVER. But what's the use nothing anyone says will change your perspective, your minds made up. Come what may.

15 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

LGD, this quote that you just quoted came from the Gospel of Thomas which is not in the Bible.  As far as anyone knows the Apostle Thomas never wrote a gospel. 

It is believed that this was composed by a member of a gnostic sect probably in the late 2nd century which explains why it is not in the Bible and was discovered in 1945-46 near the village of Nag Hammadi in Egypt.

It is a collection  of 114 sayings contributed to Jesus. While it is true that many of the sayings writing in the gospel of Thomas are found in the Bible, this one that you quoted IS NOT but was adapted for the gnostic purposes.

Lgd, it is not my intentions to embarrass you but I just can not let things like this slide for others to believe  about Jesus when it is not so.  Now somewhere in His life time He may have said this but it is not found in the recorded gospels of the Bible.  It is wrong when we throw such sayings around that was not actually a quote from Him Himself.  I personally have not read the gospel of Thomas because it is not in the canons and feel that books such as these could affect the true belief I find in Gods word.  Possibly causing me to become confused about what actual truth and hear say.   Hear say is the downfall and demise of many.  

I am not an intellect or scholar  in anything and hope you and others aren't supposing that I think I know more Bibically than any of you.  But when I saw the quote I knew I didn't  remember reading those words by Jesus before so I looked it up.  Altho I find this a very good saying, we must be careful when it comes to the actual word of our Lord and everything else that is Bibical.

I find that things like this causes tension between us and this is not what I want but the need for all of us to know the real truth is what matters.    The truth is in the Bible and this is for our revelation and edification. 

So is The Book of Enoch. But no one wants to read that because Enoch perfectly described what we're living on. I posted several quotes from the Gospel of St. Thomas a few years ago and most here are familiar with it. So I humbly ask, if you believe God is everywhere  (omnipresent) and that he knows ALL things then how is what I quoted above not something Jesus would say?

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Trump is NYC.....if you've never experienced it for a length of time....it's hard to understand....Trump is probably smarter than most believe.....

Aggressor....Counter puncher?.....he's both......whatever it takes....if you recall in 2016 he and Cruz got along for a long time....Cruz took the first swing.....Trump destroyed him...

Greatest Dealmaker?.......time will tell......just ashame he can't spend more time doing the business of the people....rather than fighting off all the dogs trying to over turn the election results of 2016...

JMO.    CL

Served two terms in the military....spent plenty of time with New Yorkers and New Englanders, not much difference except vernacular, abrasive types for sure.

27 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Herein is the problem. As I say to my children when they get into a argument and blame each other for starting it.I don't care which of you started it, this argument is OVER. But what's the use nothing anyone says will change your perspective, your minds made up. Come what may.

As is yours.....I understand your children's argument analogy, many parents handle it that way.  For me, I simply taught my son to accept responsibility for his misdeeds in the hopes he wouldn't grow up to be a petulant adult.  So far, so good.  ;)        

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Served two terms in the military....spent plenty of time with New Yorkers and New Englanders, not much difference except vernacular, abrasive types for sure.

GO RV, then BV

Good.....then multiply that by 12 million.....all feeding off of one another.....there are many Trump personalities from NYC out there spreading their joy....

JMO.       CL

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

is yours.....I understand your children's argument analogy, many parents handle it that way.  For me, I simply taught my son to accept responsibility for his misdeeds in the hopes he wouldn't grow up to be a petulant adult

So condescending, the very fact that I question Trump's seemingly supernatural powers should be clear evidence that my mind remains open. And for you to insinuate that I don't teach my girls responsibilities is just wrong 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So condescending, the very fact that I question Trump's seemingly supernatural powers should be clear evidence that my mind remains open. And for you to insinuate that I don't teach my girls responsibilities is just wrong 

I did no such thing.  I simply pointed out our different styles, nothing more.  I respect all parents who take an interest in their children and do their best to raise them right.  And even though you didn't ask while clearly judging me.  I won't apologize for something I didn't do.

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

BEST VIDEO OF THE DAY :bravo:

So is The Book of Enoch. But no one wants to read that because Enoch perfectly described what we're living on. I posted several quotes from the Gospel of St. Thomas a few years ago and most here are familiar with it. So I humbly ask, if you believe God is everywhere  (omnipresent) and that he knows ALL things then how is what I quoted above not something Jesus would say?

I knew you would come back with something that doesn't  even fit.  1st the book of Enoch is not in the Bible nor the gospel of Thomas.  This is what Revelation means in 22:18-19.  "For I testify to everyone who hears the word of the prophecy of THIS BOOK;  If anyone ADDS to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; v19 and if anyone TAKES AWAY from the words of the book of prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book Of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. "

Now,  what has Gods omnipresence got to do with this?  Nothing.!  Yes, I even said above that it is something that Jesus could have said in His life time but the Bible, THE BOOK, as quoted above in scripture Does not tell us anywhere that Jesus said that.  So why do you quote  Jesus as saying this?  You are adding to the cannons.....you are leading others to think something that is not so.  It DID NOT COME FROM THE WORD OF GOD.  Why do you insist on bringing things to others that they may quote to others and proclaim it came from Jesus when in fact it came from other books that are not found in the Bible?  This is hierarchy. 

Many here read things you write and hang on them as truth but when you say that Jesus said, this should be fact not out of a book that had no witness to the things said.  There are reasons that the book of Enoch and Thomas are not in the Bible and you know that.  

Over 3 centuries,  3 widely recognized  principles have been used to validate the authority of the Bible.  1st the writings had to have a recognized  prophet or apostle as its author.   2nd , scripture could not disagree with or contradict  precious scripture and 3rd, the writing had to have general consensus by the church  as an inspired book.....this is why enoch  and thomas are not in the cannons.  They could not stand the test as authentic writings that was inspired by the very breath of God.  Noone even believes that Thomas even wrote a gospel.

You can believe what ever you may but enoch and thomas were not Gods divine, inspired  word and if they were they would be in the Bible for our revelation.  It would seem that you look upon these writings as a truth that you can lead others to believe  as truth when infact we do not know but we do know THE BIBLE IS...I just ask that you do not use those as absolute truth TO OTHERS and lead them to believe it's in the Bible when it is not there but in other books not approved by the councils met in church history to consider them as the inspired word of God.  When you do you may or could lead others to untruths.  

Once again you can believe whatever you may, just don't push things like this as Jesus's actual words because you do not know nor do I, but when you do this you are leading others to unsure ties.  Quote the actual words of scripture not the words found in unauthenicated books that YOU BELIEVE TO BE TRUE.  God tells us His word alone will stand......

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I did no such thing.  I simply pointed out our different styles, nothing more.  I respect all parents who take an interest in their children and do their best to raise them right.  And even though you didn't ask while clearly judging me.  I won't apologize for something I didn't do.

GO RV, then BV 

WHATEVER,  you just proven my point and arguing about it has become sophomoric. 

• Thanks 1

As I say to my children when they get into a argument and blame each other for starting it.I don't care which of you started it, this argument is OVER

End Quote

Ok LGD...Understood...But there are times where it's important to determine who started a fight and why......Has to do with accountability

• Thanks 1