Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Truth & Wisdom

ronscarpa

There was a farmer who grew excellent quality corn. Every year he won the award for the best grown corn.
One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and learned something interesting about how he grew it. The reporter discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbors. "How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbors when they are entering corn in competition with yours each year?" the reporter asked.

"Why sir," said the farmer, "Didn't you know? The wind picks up pollen from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbours grow inferior corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbours grow good corn."

So is with our lives... Those who want to live meaningfully and well must help enrich the lives of others, for the value of a life is measured by the lives it touches. And those who choose to be happy must help others find happiness, for the welfare of each is bound up with the welfare of all...
Anonymous

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

I hope this blesses everyone who reads it, and perhaps gains a greater perspective of community and the value of participating in the benefits of sharing with our community for everyone's greater good.

Scripture tells us in Jeremiah 29:7 NIRV  (The Lord says:) "Also work for the success of the city I have sent you to. Pray to the Lord for that city. If it succeeds, you too will enjoy success.”  

(my amplified version) - "Also work (seek, inquire for, require, and request) for the success (peace and prosperity, welfare) of the city I have sent you to. Pray to the Lord for that city (where you are living). If it succeeds (prospers, peace, welfare), you too will enjoy success (prosper, find peace & welfare).”  

I personally believe this is God's desire for everyone of us - to pray for the peace, welfare & prosperity of our cities. We're to bless our cities, not curse them (because of conditions or politicians who run them) - because the power of life or death is in the tongue. Remember, we are made in God's image - He spoke, and that which was not became (came into existence). We can bless or curse, speak life or death, speak as to cause confusion/chaos or peace, speak to build up or tear down...etc.

Be blessed everyone, and have a great day .... RON :twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

On 11/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, ronscarpa said:

I hope this blesses everyone who reads it, and perhaps gains a greater perspective of community and the value of participating in the benefits of sharing with our community for everyone's greater good.

Scripture tells us in Jeremiah 29:7 NIRV  (The Lord says:) "Also work for the success of the city I have sent you to. Pray to the Lord for that city. If it succeeds, you too will enjoy success.”  

(my amplified version) - "Also work (seek, inquire for, require, and request) for the success (peace and prosperity, welfare) of the city I have sent you to. Pray to the Lord for that city (where you are living). If it succeeds (prospers, peace, welfare), you too will enjoy success (prosper, find peace & welfare).”  

I personally believe this is God's desire for everyone of us - to pray for the peace, welfare & prosperity of our cities. We're to bless our cities, not curse them (because of conditions or politicians who run them) - because the power of life or death is in the tongue. Remember, we are made in God's image - He spoke, and that which was not became (came into existence). We can bless or curse, speak life or death, speak as to cause confusion/chaos or peace, speak to build up or tear down...etc.

Be blessed everyone, and have a great day .... RON :twothumbs:

Thanks for this post Ron!!. This truth and guidance for community prosperity is also captured in the saying, 'A;ll ships rise with the tide'.

hope our ships arrive soon.:twothumbs::twothumbs::twothumbs:

Edited by adhoc10
Rephrase for clarity
  • Upvote 3