Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saturday Night Guru Opinions @ 9:35 PM EDT - 11/02/2019

11-2-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   ...If you wake up someday and it's a  1 to $1 exchange rate, Iraq just LOP'd, meaning you've made nothing.  Believe me, Iraq will never substantially RV the dinar.  If the dinar is ever going to go up in value, it's going to go up based on investment and an improved GDP via a float.  :confused2:

11-2-2019   Newshound Guru Francis Albert   deleting the zeros from the exchange rate...as stated by CBI is quite different from the "LOP" Kap [Guru Kaperoni] continues to pitch.  I think he's just off base on this one, or the CBI is just making stuff up..which is possible too...! :cigar:

:tiphat:Good night everyone...don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tonight...RON

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, stanleypower said:

Can someone explain how a 1:1 exchange would be a lop? 

There’s zero logic in that statement

25000 dinar will be equal to 25 dinar.  Three zeroes off the currency and not the exchange rate. That's what he is talking about. Hope that helps.

Edited by cranman
Added text
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Heavyduty053 said:

Kap has for years been preaching the same opinion and thats his right to do so.....I don't think a Lop will benefit that country at all

2 hours ago, stanleypower said:

Can someone explain how a 1:1 exchange would be a lop?   There’s zero logic in that statement

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Nope that won't help.... LOL No Lop!!!!  ...  B/A

1 hour ago, Bandit795 said:

If it floats according to Kap. It will take 50 years to reach 1:1, according to his calculations. 

40 minutes ago, cranman said:

Yep. That would be bad Ju-Ju. I don't think that this is how it's going to happen. I think a float or an RI will be the way this goes down.

First, let me clarify Kaperoni's position...I've know Kap since 2010 and he is NOT a lopster. His position for the past few years is that it will be a gradual float - PERIOD.  He has stated many times that a LOP is possible but not likely. Parliment has had some conversations about a LOP, but that is not the position of the CBI. Also he's reminded us that the IMF has conservatorship of the CBI, and defdinitely has a say in influencing the CBI's decisions. 

In his post he was giving his opinion that ...If you wake up someday and it's suddenly a 1 to $1 exchange rate, Iraq just LOP'd... because he holds to the position that they need to accept Article 8, and become a internationally traded currency, and allow the IQD to float based on market conditions. He was not saying that the three zeroes would be lopped off the currency. 

Many of us hold that the three zeroes will be removed from the exchange rate, because that was what Governor Shabibi told us, and he was the master designer of the dropping the three zeroes plan. However, much has changed in Iraq since Shabibi left, in every sphere of Iraqi life. I personally think the plan has been modified, and that the CBI will come out with a new rate somewhere between the current rate and $1 (probably on the lower end), and allow the currency to float.  I wish they would RI the rate, but I don't think that is likely. Besides, the effective rate when we went into Iraq to overthrow Saddam, before the new IQD's were printed, was just a few cents. 

Blessings....RON :tiphat:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3