Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kanye West Gets Super Red Pilled!!!

18 minutes ago, umbertino said:

I don't have one...I stopped going to Mass  eons ago..

I sometimes enter empty churches...Gives me inner peace

Whenever I feel like praying ...I pray at home

You probably quit going to Mass because of all those lukewarm hypocrites that attend. I too attend Mass with

several of those Laodicean's and sometimes it does get rather difficult to endure the looks and even commentary 

from them and that is when I think of not going. 

Then I tell myself this EVERY SINGLE TIME

Does God seem farther away today than in the past?

Who do you think moved?

And when that doesn't work I remind myself that as long as those hypocrites are attending Mass and I 

don't they are Closer to God than I am. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, umbertino said:

What do you mean exactly by "He gave his life to Jesus"?  How did he do that?

Hey, Umb, it simply means he acknowledged he is a sinner, repented, and asked Jesus to be his Savior and Lord.  At the moment of salvation, you receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit and have a inner guide to obtain wisdom.  If you truly give your life to Jesus and let Him be Lord, you will make decisions based on the leading of the Holy Spirit.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Shedagal said:

Hey, Umb, it simply means he acknowledged he is a sinner, repented, and asked Jesus to be his Savior and Lord.  At the moment of salvation, you receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit and have a inner guide to obtain wisdom.  If you truly give your life to Jesus and let Him be Lord, you will make decisions based on the leading of the Holy Spirit.

He's Catholic, as I now am. And while I know and  completely respect the Protestant faith, (having grown up in said faith), 

Catholics look at salvation as a gift for every single person. It's is given to all at birth but must be embraced as  a young 

adult. Hence, the need to baptize their newborn. Whereas, Protestant's believe in the age  of accountability. Essentially this is 

the same thing, with the exception of baptism.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You probably quit going to Mass because of all those lukewarm hypocrites that attend. I too attend Mass with

several of those Laodicean's and sometimes it does get rather difficult to endure the looks and even commentary 

from them and that is when I think of not going. 

Then I tell myself this EVERY SINGLE TIME

Does God seem farther away today than in the past?

Who do you think moved?

And when that doesn't work I remind myself that as long as those hypocrites are attending Mass and I 

don't they are Closer to God than I am. 

Ok...Thanks...

With all the due respect...I do not think, nor believe that as long as those hypocrites are attending Mass and I don't ...They're closer to Him than me.....

Hypocrites are Hipocrites...And God knows it

7 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

Thanks Shedagal

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

He's Catholic, as I now am. And while I know and  completely respect the Protestant faith, (having grown up in said faith), 

Catholics look at salvation as a gift for every single person. It's is given to all at birth but must be embraced as  a young 

adult. Hence, the need to baptize their newborn. Whereas, Protestant's believe in the age  of accountability. Essentially this is 

the same thing, with the exception of baptism.

Did not know that, LGD.  Thanks for the clarification.

• Upvote 1

Just now, umbertino said:

Ok...Thanks...

With all the due respect...I do not think, nor believe that as long as those hypocrites are attending Mass and I don't ...They're closer to Him than me.....

Hypocrites are Hipocrites...And God knows it

I became Catholic because the Holy Spirit revealed to me something that I've been searching for my entire life. 

The real PHYSICAL PRESENCE of Christ. 

Jesus had to be more than just words in a book. Having said that let me ask you this.

Where is the body of Christ? 

Image result for the holy tabernacle in a catholic church

The tabernacle is a liturgical furnishing used to house the Eucharist outside of Mass. This provides a location where the Eucharist can be kept for the adoration of the faithful and for later use (e.g., distribution to the sick).

It also helps prevent the profanation of the Eucharist. Thus the law requires, “The tabernacle in which the Eucharist is regularly reserved is to be immovable, made of solid or opaque material, and locked so that the danger of profanation may be entirely avoided” (CIC 938 §3).

And what exactly is the Eucharist?

What is the Holy Eucharist?

The Holy Eucharist is a sacrament and a sacrifice. In the Holy Eucharist, under the appearances of bread and wine, the Lord Christ is contained, offered, and received.

(a) The whole Christ is really, truly, and substantially present in the Holy Eucharist. We use the words "really, truly, and substantially" to describe Christ's presence in the Holy Eucharist in order to distinguish Our Lord's teaching from that of mere men who falsely teach that the Holy Eucharist is only a sign or figure of Christ, or that He is present only by His power.

(b) All Christians, with but few minor exceptions, held the true doctrine of the Real Presence from the time of Christ until the Protestant Revolution in the sixteenth century.

So after Celebrating the Eucharist as the literal body of Christ it is then placed into the Tabernacle and thus the body of 

Christ is actually inside every single Catholic Church on earth. Thus anyone sitting in said Churches is literally Closer to 

the body of Christ than someone Not in said Churches. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

By mocking him for doing what he's always done  but now for Jesus he's insinuating that he is just 

using his faith for political gain. Which wouldn't be a problem if Kanye just stayed on the Democratic Plantation. 

You insinuated and you're smart enough to know that it would be taken that way.

I think you read way too much into that. Why can't  we just take what was said for its content and not assumed something was implied.  Have we learned nothing from our government when they do same exact thing.?  Anything to be right and on top I guess.  I guess one can come to the conclusion that all post in this thread (and others) can, from this moment on, have some hidden insunation instead of what was actually said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

By mocking him for doing what he's always done  but now for Jesus he's insinuating that he is just 

using his faith for political gain. Which wouldn't be a problem if Kanye just stayed on the Democratic Plantation. 

You insinuated and you're smart enough to know that it would be taken that way.

I think you read way too much into that. Why can't  we just take what was said for its content and not assumed something was implied.  Have we learned nothing from our government when they do same exact thing.?  Anything to be right and on top I guess.  I guess one can come to the conclusion that all post in this thread (and others) can, from this moment on, have some hidden insunation instead of what was actually said.

• Thanks 1

I became Catholic because the Holy Spirit revealed to me something that I've been searching for my entire life. 

End Quote

Sounds beautiful and powerful

Thus anyone sitting in said Churches is literally Closer to 

End Quote

So that applies to me as well whenerver I enter an empty Church

Edited by umbertino

9 hours ago, bostonangler said:

“The Rolling Stones have never given permission to the Trump campaign to use their songs and have requested that they cease all use immediately."

He uses "You Can't Always Get What You Want" at all his rallies. 

Big lawsuit coming soon I'll bet.

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

End Quote

NO, NO Umb.  This would be a false hope.  Nstoolman gave you very good direction and so did Shedagal.  One is not saved by being in church.  I don't care what church it is.  Umb, we are all sinners.  We deserve death and hell because we all fall short of His glory and have continously  been rebellious against Him.  We can not meet the demands of a holy God. And when we can't  meet His demands and we sin there is the punishment of death upon that death one will spend eternity in hell but God made a way for us.  Instead of hell we can spend eternity in heaven with Him. But there is only one way to do that......1st one must repent..as nstoolman said that means we have to truely be sorry for our sins, we must be willing to turn away from those sins and our rebellion of God and be obedient to His word.  You know, the Bible that we all need to read to know what He demands of us.  Then we must believe that He sent His son Jesus Christ that lived a perfectly obedient life that was pleasing to God.  Then we must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and me and our sins.  In other words we must believe that Jesus imputed into us His righteousness or His sinless life and took the sins of our fifthy sinful lives.  Then we must believe that Jesus arose 3 days later and now sits at the right hand of God.  Jesus's righteous life was swapped out for our sinful life and Jesus took all the punishment and wrath for you and me.  We are the ones that deserve hell but Jesus was the perfect righteous substitute for us.  One must turn their hearts to Jesus and confess with ones mouth that Jesus is Lord.....Umb, Jesus is the only thing that can and will save us but 1st we must believe.  Church can't  save you,  only the sacrifice of our !ord Jesus.  I just want you to see how important this is.  I don't  want you thinking something that is not so.  Just ask God to guide you and by the power of the Holy Spirit to come into your heart.  You have heard the gospel from several of us now.  (ONE must hear the gospel before they can be born again)  now you have heard it, it up to you to ask God for salvation.  Repent and turn to Christ.  Turn from rebellion against a holy God and believe all the the Son of God has done for us.  I want this for you so much..

just remember that just because we have been born again doesn't  mean that we have been able to overcome our sinful natures...we will still mess up.  But we strive to be more like our Lord Jesus everyday.  When we get to heaven then we will be like Him.

Umb......please read Gods word the bible

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, umbertino said:

End Quote

Sounds beautiful and powerful

End Quote

All I'm saying is that when the Priest officiates the Sacrament of the Eucharist, with the Authority of Christ, that has been passed down 

for two thousand years, then the bread and wine ACTUALLY BECOME the Body of Christ. And thus you are correct in the statement above. 

Which is why you love to go to Church and ponder. Your spirit knows that Jesus Christ is there in the flesh. But that is just the beginning.

19 hours ago, cranman said:

Shabbs and I have been communicating like this for over 9 yrs . We probably know each others mannerism better than 

anyone else here. We are Friends. And we tend to agree more than either one of us would be willing to admit. So believe 

me when I tell you that one of his best and most used communication skills is the art  of "implying". Read his post knowing that

And you will get much more from them than just words. 

16 hours ago, learning all i can said:

NO, NO Umb.  This would be a false hope.  Nstoolman gave you very good direction and so did Shedagal.  One is not saved by being in church.  I don't care what church it is.  Umb, we are all sinners.  We deserve death and hell because we all fall short of His glory and have continously  been rebellious against Him.  We can not meet the demands of a holy God. And when we can't  meet His demands and we sin there is the punishment of death upon that death one will spend eternity in hell but God made a way for us.  Instead of hell we can spend eternity in heaven with Him. But there is only one way to do that......1st one must repent..as nstoolman said that means we have to truely be sorry for our sins, we must be willing to turn away from those sins and our rebellion of God and be obedient to His word.  You know, the Bible that we all need to read to know what He demands of us.  Then we must believe that He sent His son Jesus Christ that lived a perfectly obedient life that was pleasing to God.  Then we must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and me and our sins.  In other words we must believe that Jesus imputed into us His righteousness or His sinless life and took the sins of our fifthy sinful lives.  Then we must believe that Jesus arose 3 days later and now sits at the right hand of God.  Jesus's righteous life was swapped out for our sinful life and Jesus took all the punishment and wrath for you and me.  We are the ones that deserve hell but Jesus was the perfect righteous substitute for us.  One must turn their hearts to Jesus and confess with ones mouth that Jesus is Lord.....Umb, Jesus is the only thing that can and will save us but 1st we must believe.  Church can't  save you,  only the sacrifice of our !ord Jesus.  I just want you to see how important this is.  I don't  want you thinking something that is not so.  Just ask God to guide you and by the power of the Holy Spirit to come into your heart.  You have heard the gospel from several of us now.  (ONE must hear the gospel before they can be born again)  now you have heard it, it up to you to ask God for salvation.  Repent and turn to Christ.  Turn from rebellion against a holy God and believe all the the Son of God has done for us.  I want this for you so much..

just remember that just because we have been born again doesn't  mean that we have been able to overcome our sinful natures...we will still mess up.  But we strive to be more like our Lord Jesus everyday.  When we get to heaven then we will be like Him.

Umb......please read Gods word the bible

I'm going to try this with a prayer that you will not get upset for my doing so. 

Everything you said above is true and part of what I was attempting to explain. But what I found in the Catholic faith that 

was not in my Protestant faith is the "Authority of Christ". see....

John 20:19-24

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. 21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23  Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

By breathing on them he instilled within the Apostles the Authority of Christ as shown in these scriptures. And that 

Authority has been passed down for 2 thousand yrs by the laying on of hands when a Priest is Ordained. 

Matthew 28: 16-17

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 9:2-7

2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. 3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth. 4And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? 5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk? 6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. 7 And he arose, and departed to his house. 8 But when the multitudes saw it

, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

Therefore, we see in the Gospel of John that Christ literally "breathed" his "Authority" upon the twelve Apostles. Then he instituted 

the Sacrament of Confession. This is why we Confess our sins to a Priest. But that is not to say we don't receive forgiveness when 

we ask for it from God in our personal daily prayers. 

Think of it like this, 

I commit a sin, and God takes his pencil and puts an x on that paper showing that I've sinned. Later that night I say my prayers and 

ask God to forgive me for that sin. God takes that pencil and erases that x. But when you erase something there is still something 

left on the paper. 

So when I go to the Priest in the Confessional I not only am asking for forgiveness but for ABSOLUTION. This is where God says

Psalms 103:12

12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Absolution is far more than just forgiveness. It's is how we become truly sin free. This one Sacrament is why we are 

commanded to Obey the Authorities over us. 

Romans 13:1

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

This verse is talking about the "Ordained of God". Which is what happens when a Man becomes a Priest. He is Ordained and 

then by the Laying on of Hands the Authority of God, breathed on the Apostle's by Jesus, is passed down to the Priest. As 

has been the case for over 2000 yrs. 

Now if you're still reading I know that you've probably got some serious questions about the history of the Church and 

this Authority that I speak of. How is it that the Church of God as set up by Christ himself can be found guilty of 

the most heinous sins known to man? 

And my answer is simply this, all men are sinners. But that does not ever override the Authority of God.

In other words when a Priest is officiating in the Sacraments of the Church it matters not that he is a sinner as the 

Authority of God ALWAYS supersedes  the sins of men. 

For example,

When I go to confession, I'm not just speaking to a Priest. I'm literally speaking to Jesus Christ. The Priest is simply the 

conduit God has chosen. 

And I wish to say more about the sins of all Churches Both Catholic and Protestant. 

History is filled with their sins. Think of Jim Jones. Or the many sexual offences by Preachers of Protestant faith. 

But they don't have the corner on the market of sinful Churches. The history of the Catholic Church is just as 

replete with bloodshed and lust. 

As I have attempted to show here the only difference between the two is the 

AUTHORITY OF CHRIST.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

All I'm saying is that when the Priest officiates the Sacrament of the Eucharist, with the Authority of Christ, that has been passed down 

for two thousand years, then the bread and wine ACTUALLY BECOME the Body of Christ. And thus you are correct in the statement above. 

Which is why you love to go to Church and ponder. Your spirit knows that Jesus Christ is there in the flesh. But that is just the beginning.

Shabbs and I have been communicating like this for over 9 yrs . We probably know each others mannerism better than 

anyone else here. We are Friends. And we tend to agree more than either one of us would be willing to admit. So believe 

me when I tell you that one of his best and most used communication skills is the art  of "implying". Read his post knowing that

And you will get much more from them than just words. 

I'm going to try this with a prayer that you will not get upset for my doing so. 

Everything you said above is true and part of what I was attempting to explain. But what I found in the Catholic faith that 

was not in my Protestant faith is the "Authority of Christ". see....

John 20:19-24

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. 21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23  Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

By breathing on them he instilled within the Apostles the Authority of Christ as shown in these scriptures. And that 

Authority has been passed down for 2 thousand yrs by the laying on of hands when a Priest is Ordained. 

Matthew 28: 16-17

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 9:2-7

2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. 3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth. 4And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? 5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk? 6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. 7 And he arose, and departed to his house. 8 But when the multitudes saw it

, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

Therefore, we see in the Gospel of John that Christ literally "breathed" his "Authority" upon the twelve Apostles. Then he instituted 

the Sacrament of Confession. This is why we Confess our sins to a Priest. But that is not to say we don't receive forgiveness when 

we ask for it from God in our personal daily prayers. 

Think of it like this, 

I commit a sin, and God takes his pencil and puts an x on that paper showing that I've sinned. Later that night I say my prayers and 

ask God to forgive me for that sin. God takes that pencil and erases that x. But when you erase something there is still something 

left on the paper. 

So when I go to the Priest in the Confessional I not only am asking for forgiveness but for ABSOLUTION. This is where God says

Psalms 103:12

12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Absolution is far more than just forgiveness. It's is how we become truly sin free. This one Sacrament is why we are 

commanded to Obey the Authorities over us. 

Romans 13:1

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

This verse is talking about the "Ordained of God". Which is what happens when a Man becomes a Priest. He is Ordained and 

then by the Laying on of Hands the Authority of God, breathed on the Apostle's by Jesus, is passed down to the Priest. As 

has been the case for over 2000 yrs. 

Now if you're still reading I know that you've probably got some serious questions about the history of the Church and 

this Authority that I speak of. How is it that the Church of God as set up by Christ himself can be found guilty of 

the most heinous sins known to man? 

And my answer is simply this, all men are sinners. But that does not ever override the Authority of God.

In other words when a Priest is officiating in the Sacraments of the Church it matters not that he is a sinner as the 

Authority of God ALWAYS supersedes  the sins of men. 

For example,

When I go to confession, I'm not just speaking to a Priest. I'm literally speaking to Jesus Christ. The Priest is simply the 

conduit God has chosen. 

And I wish to say more about the sins of all Churches Both Catholic and Protestant. 

History is filled with their sins. Think of Jim Jones. Or the many sexual offences by Preachers of Protestant faith. 

But they don't have the corner on the market of sinful Churches. The history of the Catholic Church is just as 

replete with bloodshed and lust. 

As I have attempted to show here the only difference between the two is the 

AUTHORITY OF CHRIST.

LGD, I appreciate your Catholic beliefs  but my answer to Umb had nothing to do with the Catholic priest, the sacraments of the Eucharist or any other denominational beliefs.  It was apparent that Umb felt that he going to church would be enough to be right with God....It was my intentions to tell him and show him that this is a false hope.....Now I don't know much or very little about the Catholic religion but I do know that Catholics believe the same as I do about salvation, and Umb miss understood what you wrote and led him to believe all is well because he goes to pray at church.  We know this is not so.  It is all about Jesus and His precious blood being shed for yours and my sins.  Any true Christian knows that there is only one way that leads to salvation.  

I must share this with you tho.  When one is justified by God, he is not more saved or any more saved than anyone else that has become a child of God.  Now, we may be in different phases in our walk but God doesn't  save one more than another.  Altho different denominations believe differently about the Eucharist (Catholic)  other denominations call it the Lords supper.  No I don't  believe that it is the actual body of Christ and no where in the Bible says it is.  The night Jesus had pass over with His Apostles, Jesus was alive, they did not eat Jesus, they ate bread and drank wine to give remembrance of His coming and what He was about to suffer for us and to be buried 

It was the same that God commanded the Israelites to pass down generation after generation when the passover occurred when they left Egypt.  The blood on the door stoop was a foreshadow of the blood of Christ.   At Pentecost the Lord sent the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is with us now and Jesus sits at the right hand of God as our mediator....this is what the Bible says.  I have no qualms about your Catholic faith but I can not and will not believe anything that is not in the Bible.  I have no question that there are just as many true Christian's in the Catholic faith as other denominations.  I just find something's about the Catholic beliefs hard to believe because they are not Bibical.  Even my church has their own confession of faith and I have to disavow some of it because I don't  find it Bibical.  God did not reveal it to us in His word so why believe man made stuff.  I would say that all church denomination have hierarchies that is why we must depend on Gods word and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal Gods word to us.

once again, my explanation to Umb was not and I repeat a slant toward you or your church.  I Just want him to know how to be saved....He ask and was given 2 good answers from nstoolman and Shedagal but he must have disregarded both when he saw you write about attending the church and how easy that was for him. But of course we all tend to take the easiest course of action and recognize only what we want to hear.  Many want Christ but being a Christian is hard......many just want it if it can be easy and possibly make their worldly life easy.  You know as well as I that the spirit battles this ole flesh everyday.......its not easy.......only by Gods grace do we endure.

barb

• Upvote 2

My falling out with the CC was when I read in the bible that Jesus said: There is no way to the Father except through me".

He did not say through (who ever you have on earth as a church leader) and then through Him.

I also found the CC has way to many man made rules that it thinks you need to be saved. 

Only one way I have been taught and learned to be saved.

Confess that Christ is Lord and Savior.

Be baptized

Live your life as the Holy Spirit lives in you and guides you through life.

All sin was forgiven when Christ died on the cross. Paid in full for all who believe in Him. 

No good works are necessary to ensure it. Good works are a by product of the Holy Spirit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

My falling out with the CC was when I read in the bible that Jesus said: There is no way to the Father except through me".

He did not say through (who ever you have on earth as a church leader) and then through Him.

I also found the CC has way to many man made rules that it thinks you need to be saved. 

Be baptized

All sin was forgiven when Christ died on the cross. Paid in full for all who believe in Him. 

No good works are necessary to ensure it. Good works are a by product of the Holy Spirit.

Absolutely, that was the problem with the Pharisees and Scribes.. they made their own man made laws and caused Gods chosen/Israel to fall.  The pits of hell will be more torturous for them for leading Gods people astray.  God has revealed all He wants and needs us to know.  If we can't find it in His word then He doesn't  want us to know it but man thinks he's  smarter than God and needs to help God out by making up some more rules for us........woe is mankind that doesn't love Gods law and makes up his own.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Be baptized

I agree ABSOLUTELY 100% with your comments above. Which is why I have tried to explain that when dealing with the Priesthood one is NOT dealing with a man but with Jesus Christ. That's one of the biggest mistakes the Church has made. Not keeping this mystery of the Kingdom of Heaven at the forefront. 

Through the fallible body of a man operating in the AUTHORITY of Christ the Glory of God is INDEED MAGNIFIED. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I agree ABSOLUTELY 100% with your comments above. Which is why I have tried to explain that when dealing with the Priesthood one is NOT dealing with a man but with Jesus Christ. That's one of the biggest mistakes the Church has made. Not keeping this mystery of the Kingdom of Heaven at the forefront. 

Through the fallible body of a man operating in the AUTHORITY of Christ the Glory of God is INDEED MAGNIFIED. 

LGD, We as Christian's go directly to the Lord.  When the veil was torn at the crucifixion it put an end to having to go to the high priest like the israelites had to do in the Old Testament.  Jesus came to fullfill the law that could not be fullfilled by the Levitical priest. They had to use the blood of animals for a sacrifice.   Jesus was and is our sacrifice.  We have direct access  to the Father,  the Bible makes clear that you are responsible  for the forgiveness of your sins and your salvation.  NOONE CAN DO IT FOR YOU.  Do you honestly think that because you go to a priest for "absolute" (as you call it) forgiveness it is not obtained by Gods people when they humble themselves and cry out for forgiveness.  I admitt that there are times when I don't  feel as close to God as other times but I don't  have to have a priest to get me back in line.  That's when I, me, myself cry out to the Holy Spirit to soften my heart and put me back into the Father- child relationship and all that God has promised to me.  Jesus did away with the high Priest.  Now we go directly to Him.  LGD this is what the Bible says.  This is Gods word not mine or yours, my pastor or your priest.  This is the word of God.  You quoted scripture Psalm 103:12. As far as the east to the west.  Are you telling me that unless we go thru a priest that God has not forgiven our  sins as much and as far as the priest could of done it for us.  I have never heard of such.  I've  told you before I go to Bible study on Wednesday, a group of about 150 ladies, many are Catholic and I'm  telling you they are devout Christian's and they don't  even believe that.  What you are telling me is that you are more forgiven than I am because your priest had apart of it.  I just can't stress enough that this is not what the word, the Bible says.

I sometimes think that many of us become to involved with the doctrine of our churches......churches doctrine does not save us.  We must always put the blood of Christ first.  If the church brings forth any other way of salvation and forgiveness one must take a long hard look at the truth that can only be found in the Bible.  I know that you are quite comfortable with the Catholic Church and I think that is great as long as you follow the words of God and not the church.  We can not add to nor take away from scripture.  Pastor, Priest, you or I just can't  do that.  God warns us of these very things.  Just one more thing, when one sins and is truely sorry they have grieved the Holy Spirit and we ask for forgiveness the Holy Spirit is there to relieve that guilt and put our hearts at rest and peace.  He knows the sincerity or insincerity of our hearts.  If we are sincere that sin at that very moment is as "far as the east is from the west"  no need for my pastor and no need for your priest.  

Edited by learning all i can
  • Upvote 2