Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pictures .. 81 parliamentary signatures to question Abdul Mahdi in parliament

yota691

MP Muzahim Al Tamimi resigns from the membership of the House of Representatives

Political | 11:03 - 26/10/2019

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News 

MP Muzahim al-Tamimi, announced Saturday, his resignation from the membership of the House of Representatives.

"I regret that over the past year I did not feel that my presence in the House of Representatives has achieved anything that I set as a goal for myself and what voters and citizens all aspired to do as a deputy who sacked a wide segment of the people," Tamimi said in a statement.

"I tried, I could, to offer something positive, but it didn't live up to what I was hoping for. I have from the start been turning my minds between staying and pulling out, but I hoped it could change over time. The truth is that it was an exercise that benefited from it and increased knowledge and knowledge, but it made me participate directly or indirectly in the management of things in a country where failure and confusion was the defining characteristic with regret.

He continued, "My presence in the Council has greatly removed me from my family and my people without touching me much good and I lost psychologically and health as a result. At the current stage, people have come out rejecting the state of deterioration, rising up against the closed political system that has governed the country since the fall of the former regime. And confronted with cruelty does not commit less than those who claim to believe in democracy and supposedly came to power under the pretext of oppression and exclusion and to achieve justice and equality found that we in the three authorities and in the House of Representatives in particular what we are unable to meet the aspirations of the people, even if we work temporarily on the guidance of their vision. .

He stressed, "I recently tried with a group of my fellow MPs who share the same outlook to come up with it helps to take an appropriate position that meets the aspirations of the people, but we did not succeed unfortunately it has gone out of the ability of one of us to accept it. I think that change across the political system is something Urgently required and that the reform of the situation under this closure Alqtkm seems impossible and the fact that my presence in the House of Representatives contradicts my conviction and because I did not find a way that the Council can take a society out of this grinding community and national crisis and because the fate of our country at stake I have to leave this site And to go back to my medical site "I am aware of the role of people in my quest to achieve the desired change."

Al-Tamimi said, "I decided to withdraw from the House of Representatives and submit my resignation to the esteemed Presidency of the Council with my apologies to all those who put their trust in the conviction that I will give him what he could not others who were elected before me. I would like to express my gratitude to my colleagues and respected repentant colleagues, who generate in me a steady urge towards them, appreciating their keenness to serve their constituents, and finally I apologize to the martyrs and the wounded, to the general public and to its youth Thaer and to the special imaginary because I have let them down and did not realize my Aku what looked to him, O Allah, forgiveness and satisfaction. "

is over

• Upvote 1

Sir: We have no representation in the current government

Political | 08:57 - 27/10/2019

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News
Member of the House of Representatives of the Alliance of Peace Shemari, on Sunday, the absence of any representation of others in the current government.
Al-Shammari said in a statement received (Mawazine News) a copy, that "the mass of Siron began since yesterday night an open sit-in in parliament until the legitimate demands of the demonstrators are met."
He added, "The bloc emphasizes the importance of implementing the announced reform package on the ground."
He explained that "others do not have any representation within the government, noting that since the formation of the government we have given the prime minister the freedom to choose ministers and special grades and other executive positions and not related to any ministry or government post."

• Upvote 1

Legal expert: The solution is to dissolve the House of Representatives

Political | 01:25 - 27/10/2019

Baghdad balances News

said the legal expert Ahmed al - Abadi's / scales News / he coast in this forest stage , but the application of the provisions of Article 64 of the Constitution , which states: -

the House of Representatives resolves, by an absolute majority of its members at the request of one - third of its members, 

or request

Abadi added ,  after the dissolution of the Council of Representatives, the President calls for general elections in the country within a maximum period of sixty days from the date of dissolution, and
thus the Council of Ministers in this case resigned, and continues to conduct daily matters
. Abadi - The President of the Republic asks Mr. The Supreme Judiciary will not replace the Electoral Commission under the auspices of the United Nations to ensure free and fair elections, especially in the absence of questioning of the Prime Minister.

is over

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to The House of Representatives will hold a session tomorrow after being surrounded by concrete blocks
Release date:: 2019/10/27 11:53 • 537 times read
The House of Representatives will hold a session tomorrow after being surrounded by concrete blocks
BAGHDAD: The House of Representatives plans to hold a session on Monday to discuss developments in the country and the events of bloody demonstrations.
The source told (Euphrates News) that "the meeting will be held after briefing the parliament building concrete blocks in anticipation of any security developments."
The House of Representatives failed after its session yesterday because of the security situation and demonstrations near the Green Zone in central Baghdad
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps a file photo. The building itself appears much like a reinforced concrete fortification ( the weak point looks to be the entrance - no telling whats inside however ).

Don't think there's much chance those Rope & Brass stands are going to hold back the demonstrators. If anything, they just provided the rope the demonstrators would use to hang a few of those " GOI do nothing sand baggers "

A most sad state of affairs when a government, any government has to hold sessions behind a concrete barricade.  

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Abdul-Mahdi's office: Ministerial reshuffle is ready once a session of parliament
Release date:: 2019/10/28 12:18 • 409 times read
Abdul-Mahdi's office: Ministerial reshuffle is ready once a session of parliament
(Baghdad: Euphrates News) The Office of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, the readiness of the reshuffle once a session of the House of Representatives to vote on it.
"The prime minister has a list of changes to some ministers that will be presented to parliament once he has a quorum," said Saad al-Hadithi, a spokesman for the office.
Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi said in a speech to the Iraqi people on the back of the angry demonstrations that he will "next week (current) ministerial amendments away from the concepts of quotas and focus on competencies and the independence of ministers and the increasing presence of women and youth."
The House of Representatives is scheduled to hold a regular session on Monday to discuss the demands of the demonstrators and packages of government reforms.
It is noteworthy that the Federal Supreme Court ruled on Monday not to be subject to the distribution of positions in accordance with the quota decision "confirmed, that"
The Federal Supreme Court pointed out that "the conduct contrary to the provisions of the Constitution has created the so-called political quotas in the distribution of positions and the resulting negative impact on the paths of the state and in the public interest."

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

The information / Baghdad ..
The MP of the Kurdistan Alliance Hussein Narmo, Monday, that the deputies of his coalition will attend the session of parliament today to discuss reform packages.
Narmo said in a statement to the information, that "the Kurdistan Alliance will attend strongly in the parliament session, today, to discuss the demands of the demonstrators and initiate reform packages, including the reshuffle and freezing the work of the provincial councils."
He added, "The holding of a meeting of the House of Representatives depends on the response of other political blocs attend the meeting."
Narmo pointed out that "there is a mobilization of parliamentarians towards the presence of deputies to discuss the demands of the demonstrators and take parliamentary decisions that will ease the anger of the Iraqi street." Finished / 25 h

• Upvote 1

Iraqi MPs meet to discuss the demands of the demonstrators .. Today

Iraqi MPs meet to discuss the demands of the demonstrators .. Today
Iraqi Council of Representatives
 28 October 2019 02:20 PM

Direct: The Iraqi Council of Representatives on Monday, its 11th session of the current session.

The Iraqi Council of Representatives, in a statement today, that the meeting is scheduled to discuss the demands of the demonstrators, and the decisions of the Council of Ministers, and the implementation of reform packages.

Iraq witnessed again the emergence of street demonstrations last Friday , after similar events in the capital Baghdad and other provinces early this month.

He announced the prime minister , Adel Abdul - Mahdi, that his government was working to protect the demonstrators and to protect public and private property.

On Sunday, Parliament Speaker Mohammad al-Halbousi met with the head of the Supreme Judicial Council, Faiq Zidan.

During the meeting, they discussed the necessity of taking extraordinary and urgent measures by the Supreme Judicial Council and the executive bodies to prosecute the corrupt persons who harmed public funds and state institutions, as well as cooperation between the legislative and judicial authorities in the field of combating corruption and legislating the necessary laws.

The meeting discussed the developments of the demonstrations taking place in the country, and proceeding with legislation and procedures that include real remedies for the legitimate demands of the demonstrators, and follow-up implementation of reform packages according to a specific time limit.

Date: 2019/10/28 14:37 • 74 times read
Zarfi: Parliament will vote to dissolve the provincial councils
(Baghdad: Euphrates News) Member of the House of Representatives Adnan Zarfi, said on Monday, that the parliament will vote to dissolve the provincial councils.
Zarfi said in a press statement, that "the House of Representatives will vote to dissolve the provincial councils down the desire of the Iraqi people." is over

MP Amoun al-Oqabi called on the government and its president Adel Abdul-Mahdi to set timetables to meet demands instead of making "floating promises".

Al-Oqabi said in an interview with Alsumaria News that "the deputies are walking and in response to the invitation of the leader of the Sadrist movement Muqtada al-Sadr, they started their sit-in in the parliament building until the demands of the demonstrators are met," noting that Otherwise it is not worth staying for a day. "

Al-Oqabi added that "there is a request to question the Prime Minister has been submitted to the Presidency of Parliament signed by deputies from several blocs," pointing out that "the request will be discussed at the session of parliament, which we hope to hold today, and the presence of a large parliamentary for the purpose of voting on some important decisions that concern the people and pressure on The government to meet the demands of the masses and stop repressing them. "

He pointed out that "the government did not respond to the large number of demonstrators, and therefore it must be more serious in meeting the demands of the masses," stressing that "to meet the demands of the mass reform is the duty of all of us and we with the masses, whatever their demands."

Council sessions agenda sticky 

md-2018-2-800x445.jpg

Agenda of the session no. (11) Monday 28/10/2019

28/10/2019

Read verses from the Holy Quran

A special session to discuss the demands of the demonstrators and the decisions of the Council of Ministers and the implementation of reform packages.

The meeting will begin at 1 pm

Presidency of the House of Representatives

http://ar.parliament.iq/2019/10/28/جدول-اعمال-الجلسة-رقم-١١-السبت-٢٦-١٠-٢٠/

• yota691 changed the title to Parliament opens its special session to discuss the demands of the demonstrators headed by Halbousi

Parliament opens its special session to discuss the demands of the demonstrators headed by Halbousi

Political | 03:00 - 28/10/2019

BAGHDAD -
The parliament opened its special session on Monday to discuss the demands of the demonstrators headed by its president, Mohammed Halbousi.
A parliamentary source said, "Mawazine News", "The House of Representatives opened today, its own session to discuss the demands of the demonstrators headed by Mohammed Halbousi."
Since the beginning of this month, Baghdad and the southern provinces have witnessed a wave of mass protests that resulted in the death of more than 70 demonstrators and the injury of more than 3,000 people, including security men and the arrest of more than 30 demonstrators, as well as the burning of the headquarters of political parties.

Release date:: 2019/10/28 15:00 • 58 times read
Parliament opens its session headed by Halbousi
(Baghdad: Euphrates News) The House of Representatives, held its special session for the day, chaired by the President of the Council Mohammed Halbousi.
A parliamentary source told (Euphrates News) that "the House of Representatives opened its own meeting to discuss the demands of the demonstrators headed by Halbousi." is over

Release date:: 2019/10/28 15:19  187 times read
Halbousi condoles the families of the martyrs and demands Abdul Mahdi this matter
(Baghdad: Euphrates News) Speaker of the House of Representatives Mohammed Halbousi, on Monday, the families of the martyrs, while Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi to save the lives of citizens and public and private property.
"In the name of the Council of Representatives, we extend condolences to the families of the martyrs of peaceful demonstrators demanding their constitutional rights guaranteed by the constitution," Halbousi said in a statement.
He stressed the need for "the commander of the armed forces to preserve the life and property of public and private and reject the actions that lead to distorting demonstrations."

Date: 2019/10/28 15:20  182 times read
The House of Representatives votes to dissolve the irregular provincial councils in the province
BAGHDAD: The Iraqi Council of Representatives voted on Monday to dissolve the irregular provincial councils in the province.
An informed source told (Euphrates News) that "the Iraqi Council of Representatives voted during its session, on Monday, to dissolve the provincial councils irregular province."
Earlier in the day, the House of Representatives held a special session chaired by its speaker, Mohammed al-Halbousi, to discuss the demands of the demonstrators.

Date: 2019/10/28 15:25  256 read times
Parliament votes on important decisions concerning the administration of the provinces
BAGHDAD: The Iraqi Council of Representatives on Monday voted on important decisions concerning the management of the provinces.
An informed source told (Euphrates News) that "Parliament authorized the governor to manage financial and administrative matters and receive receivables from the provincial council, and the House of Representatives under the supervision and control of the governors until the elections."
He added that "the parliament decided that the governors to submit their financial budgets to the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives," stressing "the termination of the work of district councils and local councils, and these decisions are implemented from the date of voting on them."
The Iraqi Council of Representatives had voted during its meeting on Monday to resolve the boards of non - regular provincial province. "
The House of Representatives held earlier in the day, a special session chaired by Council President Mohammed Halbusi to discuss the demands of Almtzahreinn.anthy

Date: 2019/10/28 15:32  207 times read
Parliament votes to cancel all privileges of senior state officials
BAGHDAD: The Iraqi Council of Representatives voted on Monday to cancel all allocations for the three presidencies, members of parliament, senior officials and general managers.
An informed source told (Al Furat News) that "the House of Representatives voted to cancel all the privileges and allocations of the three presidencies and members of the House of Representatives and senior officials, advisers, ministers and general directors and independent bodies and the judiciary and the Integrity Commission and the Federal Court and the Supreme Judicial Council and governors and their grade as of today's date" .
Earlier in the day, the House of Representatives held a special session chaired by its speaker, Mohammed al-Halbousi, to discuss the demands of the demonstrators.

Halbousi demands Abdul Mahdi to save the lives of protesters and public and private property

Political | 03:17 - 28/10/2019

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News,
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mohammed Halbousi, Monday, Prime Minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, to save the lives of protesters and public and private property.
In a speech during the opening of the parliament session, Al-Halbousi said, “We extend condolences on behalf of the Council of Representatives to the families of the martyrs of peaceful demonstrators demanding their constitutional rights guaranteed by the Constitution.
He stressed, "the need for the Commander-in-Chief to preserve the life and property of public and private," expressing "rejection of the acts that lead to distorting demonstrations."
He stressed, "The sessions of the House of Representatives will continue and will not be lifted until the reforms."
The House of Representatives opened its 11th session at the fourth parliamentary session of the second legislative year, in the first legislative term, under the chairmanship of its speaker, Mohammed Halbousi, in the presence of 222 deputies.

• yota691 changed the title to Pictures .. 81 parliamentary signatures to question Abdul Mahdi in parliament
  • yota691 locked this topic