Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Taylor's testimony was "damning" and elicited gasps from both parties

Taylor's testimony was "damning" and elicited gasps from both parties

1:32 p.m.: Taylor's opening statement was "lengthy," and his testimony was "very dramatic" and "detailed," according to members of the House committees conducting the impeachment inquiry. Another source said that Taylor's testimony was "damning."

A source who was in the room confirmed to CBS News that there were sighs and gasps -- from both Democrats and Republicans -- in reaction to Taylor's opening statement. 

1:05 p.m.: Representative Andy Levin, a freshman Democrat from Michigan, emerged from the hearing room earlier where William Taylor is testifying, and said the U.S. diplomat's account was "very troubling."

"All I have to say is that in my 10 short months in Congress -- it's not even noon, right? -- and this is my most disturbing day in Congress so far," Levin said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/trump-impeachment-inquiry-latest-william-taylor-ukraine-testimony-2019-10-22/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Sounds good.......so why can't the general public take a look at any of this........or the 400 members of Congress that are being kept in the dark.....

Schiff is the same clown that claimed he had proof of Trumps direct collusion with the Russians directly affecting the 2016 election.......he claimed this for over 2 years......

Show us all some facts.......you have zero credibility..........

And Schiffty.......I hope you'll enjoy that prison food soon..............     CL

and what a coincidence.......The IG just announced he'll be interviewing Brennan and Clapper.......2 singing canary's.........unless the Clintons step in......

I hope they enjoy that food as well......

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Sounds good.......so why can't the general public take a look at any of this........or the 400 members of Congress that are being kept in the dark.....

Schiff is the same clown that claimed he had proof of Trumps direct collusion with the Russians directly affecting the 2016 election.......he claimed this for over 2 years......

Show us all some facts.......you have zero credibility..........

And Schiffty.......I hope you'll enjoy that prison food soon..............     CL

and what a coincidence.......The IG just announced he'll be interviewing Brennan and Clapper.......2 singing canary's.........unless the Clintons step in......

I hope they enjoy that food as well......

As soon as their done with all the witnesses it will be made public. That’s what closed door hearings do. I’m just reporting the news my man calm down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, caddieman said:

As soon as their done with all the witnesses it will be made public. That’s what closed door hearings do. I’m just reporting the news my man calm down.

I am very calm........you are the one posting all the"sensational" information..........looks like your sky is falling........again......

Do you think this will turn out like the "whistleblower"........seems like now he may just be allowed to ride into the sunset........

Actually......he won't.......it is very well known in DC who he is........yes he, is a he.......CIA........was assigned to Biden for some years........traveled to China with him.....by the numbers its pretty easy to wittle it down.......oh......and of that few........who has dropped off the radar......

And Schiffty Schiff set this whole thing up........he's in big trouble.....and this is just a pimple on a Mountain compared to his other crimes.....Always enjoy your posts.....

CL

BTW.......that "zero credibility" was aimed at Schiff.........

Edited by coorslite21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Karsten said:

I will just leave this right here....You decide what the hell they are doing.....Just like Obama Care was done behind closed doors with no Republican allowed.

Karsten

Thanks for bringing this. Anyone, and I MEAN ANYONE,  that can support the kind of behavior being reported in this video is a person with no morals and zero integrity. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

This is no more against the law than when Biden held up a billion dollars to make Ukraine stop an investigation against his son.

Oh wait. Trump was following the law that Clinton and Biden both put into effect.

On one hand Biden and son both profit from the stopped investigation and on the other hand Trump does not profit from following the law. 

There was also the Dems that sent a letter to the President of Ukraine asking for dirt on Trump, yet crickets on that. (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/09/25/dems-sent-letter-to-ukraine-asking-for-investigation-to-trump-n2553705)

Until this circus gets opened to all and the Dems stop trying to sway the elections with all this nonsense everybody is spinning their wheels. 

Let the IG give his report and let the chip land where they fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Damning, please impeach him.  Do it now.  While you’re at it indict HRC, Obama, Biden, Clapper, Brennan, Comey, Lynch, Strzok, McCabe, Orr, and all the other people who did the same thing and a whole lot more. If Trump is guilty then so are all those listed above. Can’t have it one way boys. Equal application of the Law or it’s all BS and time to start the Real Revolution.  The Dems, the Deep State, the Globalists, George Soros, the Media cannot apply one set of rules for Republicans and another set for the Democrats.  Everyone in DC is guilty of peddling influence and ripping off the American people.  Go ahead keep fighting for your side but if you have an once of intellect you now deep down that is exactly what they want. Ever here of a phrase divide and conquer.  

• Thanks 8

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

I love how this is all kept behind closed doors away from congress and the public but it's ok to leak it to CBS......Liberal Hypocrisy at it's finest!

• Upvote 8

I find it interesting that once again certain segments of the testimony are leaked to CBS and the Washington Post.  If that is going to be allowed then the entire testimony should be made available.  Full transparency just like the Nixon and Clinton Impeachment  Remember when the Dems wanted the entire Mueller Report to be made available.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Damning, please impeach him.  Do it now.  While you’re at it indict HRC, Obama, Biden, Clapper, Brennan, Comey, Lynch, Strzok, McCabe, Orr, and all the other people who did the same thing and a whole lot more. If Trump is guilty then so are all those listed above. Can’t have it one way boys. Equal application of the Law or it’s all BS and time to start the Real Revolution.  The Dems, the Deep State, the Globalists, George Soros, the Media cannot apply one set of rules for Republicans and another set for the Democrats.  Everyone in DC is guilty of peddling influence and ripping off the American people.  Go ahead keep fighting for your side but if you have an once of intellect you now deep down that is exactly what they want. Ever here of a phrase divide and conquer.  

I agree Pitch fry them all if there crooked.

Edited by caddieman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Why all the dust up...it's just an inquiry.  If or when an impeachment hearing commences, the entire country will get to see, and everybody involved in said trial will get a say....Conservative Justice Robert's will be presiding...and McConnell will do the right thing and be completely fair and transparent as his long and illustrious career in politics has proven.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

so why can't the general public take a look at any of this.

I guess for the same reason we can't see the complete transcript of the call in the super secret server... We the people don't matter and they just do what they want. Who's a criminal? Just add about any politician's name you can think of.

B/A

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, markb57 said:

The libs are using the media leaks to stir up controversy to help make their case with public opinion. Extremely corrupt and illegitimate. If this were a closed courtroom, meaning no media allowed and these leaks happened, a judge would throw this whole case out.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Trump controls his own destiny. Release the unedited transcript of the call and end it. What's the big deal?

You are an American, don't you care if these guys are breaking the law? If it was Clinton you would be demanding to see it... We the people should hold all of them accountable, not just down crooked party lines.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Trump controls his own destiny. Release the unedited transcript of the call and end it. What's the big deal?

He did release it. 

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

You are an American, don't you care if these guys are breaking the law? If it was Clinton you would be demanding to see it... We the people should hold all of them accountable, not just down crooked party lines.

Don’t throw this are you an American crap up now. What rock have you been under. We have been calling for klinton, obummer, holder, comey and all of your other demoncrat thugs To be investigated for years. This BS needs to stop. It is a coup and will only be stopped when they are arrested for crimes against the state. I do agree with you on that BA. If they are crooked, I don’t care what party, they need to go to jail. However, to cry for it now when you didn’t in the past isn’t gonna fly with me. I will take up arms to protect this President right now for the atrocities being committed by the demonrat party! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Top Republican senator expresses disquiet over Ukraine scandal after bombshell testimony

The second most senior Republican in the US Senate has expressed disquiet about new bombshell testimony that Donald Trump made aid to Ukraine conditional on the launch of an investigation into his political rival, Joe Biden

John Thune, who holds the position of Senate Republican whip, told reporters that the picture which was painted by America’s top Ukraine diplomat before the impeachment inquiry was “not a good one”.

The testimony in question, given by US diplomat William Taylor on Tuesday, had left Democrats declaring a “sea change” in their impeachment investigation and put Republicans on the back foot.

Mr Taylor, who was made 'charge d'affaires’ in the Ukrainian embassy in July, delivered an explosive opening statement that contradicted Mr Trump’s claim there was no “quid pro quo” between pausing almost $400 million in aid to Ukraine and demanding the country launch politically helpful probes.

Mr Taylor said that he had been told “everything” was dependent on the Ukrainians announcing the investigations which Mr Trump was seeking, including the release of the military aid. 

One probe would have been into the company Burisma, which had employed Mr Biden's son Hunter Biden, and the other was into Ukraine's alleged meddling in the 2016 US election.

John Thune, the Senate Republican whip, watches as as Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, speaks on Tuesday - Credit: REUTERS/Tom Brenner John Thune, the Senate Republican whip, watches as as Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, speaks on Tuesday Credit: REUTERS/Tom Brenner

Mr Taylor testified that Gordon Sondland, America’s EU ambassador and a former Trump donor, had told him Mr Trump wanted the Ukrainian president to personally announce the investigations so that he was “in a public box”.

Mr Taylor said Mr Sondland explained the stance by noting Mr Trump's corporate past. “When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check,” Mr Taylor recalled.

Some Democrats dubbed the testimony the “most damning” yet of the impeachment inquiry into the Ukraine scandal, which has only been running a month.

Mr Taylor spoke behind closed doors but his 15-page opening statement was obtained by numerous US media outlets.

On Wednesday, with the White House on the back foot, Republicans on Capitol Hill who have largely stayed silent on the substance of the inquiry intensified their criticism of the process.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-republican-senator-expresses-disquiet-194207772.html

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Follow the link for complete article.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 5