Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank of Baghdad

HowieC

4 hours ago, Floridian said:

Doesn't the money have to be already "international" for them to transfer money back and forth to Citibank?

the physical notes we hold can only be used inside Iraq for now i understand what u may have meant i think about the international  bank dealings with the iqd im waiting for it to be internationally traded accepted and bankable hypothetically speaking you drop into your airports money exchange to switch ur leftover iqd back to ur own currency or calling up ur private banker to put a line of credit on a million iqd and so on wouldn't that be great ... cheers  :cigar:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 64jaguar said:

I'm not sure it's going "Back and Forth". It used to be you could put U.S. Dollars into the accounts but you couldn't get any Dinars out or Dollars for that matter. I forget which bank it was where I made deposit to WARKA bank. It may have been Citibank. There aren't any Dinars coming out of WARKA, maybe because they're still not "international". :twocents:

Nothing coming out of warka because if they allow withdrawals it will collapse the bank it’s still under banking supervision withthe cbi

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Back in the day.....(now that makes me sound old)......money transfered internationally to Warka went thru City Bank

CITI.......I don't believe this info is any smoking gun.......just a procedural announcement......

Could be wrong.......no expert on Iraq here.......    CL

I know years ago and even to this day money goes through jo chase Morgan bAnk. But in the past five years maybe a little longer Citibank was given contract with cbi. I am still transferring money weekly into Iraq with no problem. Years ago money transferred into warka went through German banks via jp chase.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2