Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Former top Navy SEAL who oversaw the Osama bin Laden raid says the US is 'under attack from the president'

• The retired US Navy Adm. William McRaven, a Navy SEAL who oversaw the raid that took out al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in 2011, gave a bleak assessment of President Donald Trump and alleged the commander in chief was gutting the country of the "nation's principles."
  • In his fiercest condemnation against the president yet, McRaven recounted in a New York Times opinion column a military ceremony he recently attended at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where he reflected upon the thousands of US service members who marched on the parade field before him.
  • McRaven pointed out what he said were examples of the US neglecting its duty to be the "the protectors of the less fortunate" — including Trump's recent decision to withdraw troops from Syria as Turkish-backed militants wage war against the once US-backed Kurdish militia.
  • McRaven added that Trump "is wrong" to think empathy is "unimportant" or shows "weakness."
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The retired US Navy Adm. William McRaven, a Navy SEAL who oversaw the raid that took out al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in 2011, gave a bleak assessment of President Donald Trump and alleged the commander in chief was gutting the country of the "nation's principles."

In his fiercest condemnation of the president yet, McRaven recounted in a New York Times opinion column, titled "Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President," a military ceremony he recently attended at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where he reflected upon the thousands of US service members who marched on the parade field before him.

"For everyone who ever served in uniform, or in the intelligence community, for those diplomats who voice the nation's principles, for the first responders, for the tellers of truth and the millions of American citizens who were raised believing in American values — you would have seen your reflection in the faces of those we honored last week," McRaven wrote. 

But "beneath the outward sense of hope and duty," McRaven wrote that "there was an underlying current of frustration, humiliation, anger and fear."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-top-navy-seal-oversaw-212504674.html

I guess this hero has turned to the dark side and is now part of the Deep State. A man once cheered by patriotic Americans now a trader because he doesn't worship the chosen one... At least that's what they will say on Twitter when the twits start posting.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 6

Conspiracy alert..........Bin Laden died in the Tora Bora Mountain Range in late 2001....he was bombed into submission.......even let's say he survived.....he needed medical dialysis.....and a transplant.......in 2001 they had given him 6 to 18 months to live without a transplant....

So years later we had the big capture......made for cable TV.....well timed for an election.......

We got him.......woohoo......then what happens........buried at sea almost immediately.....no DNA.....no proof.......best lie was this was done to appease Muslim tradition........

There were 26-30 Team 6 members involved in this...where are they all today?

You know the answer to that....

How stupid the deep state thinks it's Sheeple are?..........perhaps they are right!

BTW......Epstein murdered in jail.........Oswald killing Kennedy........Ruby killing Oswald.......REALLY!

Logic and some common sense can go a long way...

CL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Conspiracy alert..........Bin Laden died in the Tora Bora Mountain Range in late 2001....he was bombed into submission.......even let's say he survived.....he needed medical dialysis.....and a transplant.......in 2001 they had given him 6 to 18 months to live without a transplant....

So years later we had the big capture......made for cable TV.....well timed for an election.......

We got him.......woohoo......then what happens........buried at sea almost immediately.....no DNA.....no proof.......best lie was this was done to appease Muslim tradition........

How stupid the deep state thinks it's Sheeple are?..........perhaps they are right!

BTW......Epstein murdered in jail.........Oswald killing Kennedy........Ruby killing Oswald.......REALLY!

CL

It makes you wonder doesn't it?  No matter who is in office or what party is in control there is always something fishy going on.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Former Defense Secretary Gen. James Mattis roasts Donald Trump: 'I earned my spurs on the battlefield'

ee634340-0251-11e9-ae5f-9ae6f62dbe48
CHRISTOPHER DONATO
ABC NewsOctober 17, 2019

BC News Videos
a3044494df7d24bb6300c9cd99f4a607
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis roasted his former boss at the Alfred E. Smith dinner in New York City on Thursday night.

Mattis took the stage at the annual dinner -- an opportunity to crack jokes about local and national politics -- with an introduction from comic legend Martin Short.

"According to the president he’s the 'most overrated general,'" Short cracked in his intro. "I think he’s an American hero."

PHOTO: Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, left, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, center, and Happy Warrior Award Recipient Mary Ann Tighe react to opening remarks during the 74th Annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner, Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, in New York. (Mary Altaffer/AP)

PHOTO: Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, left, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, center, and Happy Warrior Award Recipient Mary Ann Tighe react to opening remarks during the 74th Annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner, Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, in New York. (Mary Altaffer/AP)

"I'm not just an overrated general. I’m the world’s greatest overrated general," joked Mattis, who received a standing ovation as he stepped to the dais. "I'm honored to be called that by Donald Trump, because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actor. So I guess I’m the Meryl Streep of generals."

The rebuttal came a day after President Donald Trump called Mattis “the world’s most overrated general” during a meeting with lawmakers about the situation in Syria.

Mattis had said in an interview in August that his silence about Trump was "not going to be forever.”

One of the general's most biting jokes came in relation to Trump's infamous deferment of military service in Vietnam over alleged bone spurs in his feet.

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield; Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor," Mattis said.

Mattis, a retired Marine Corps four-star general, served as Trump's first defense secretary, but resigned in December 2018 over policy differences, particularly Trump's plans to pull out American troops from Syria, writing in his resignation letter that Trump should have a defense secretary "whose views are better aligned" with his own.

He joked on Thursday that his work in combat zones overseas was easier than being in Trump’s Washington.

“I tried to bring some peace and order to the places with no organized government, chaotic and warring factions, irrational fears, and toxic hatred. It was hard work, but it wasn’t until I started working in Washington, D.C., that I realized how easy I had it overseas in the combat zone.”

NEW: Former Defense Secretary Gen. James Mattis roasts Pres. Trump: "I earned my spurs on the battlefield." https://abcn.ws/2MOpMpv 

Embedded video

He also knocked Trump for his many hours of executive time:

“It’s been a year since I’ve left the administration, the recovery process is going well," he joked. "The counselor says I’ll graduate soon. A year according to White House time is about 9,000 hours of executive time or 1,800 holes of golf."

PHOTO: President Donald Trump pauses while speaking as James Mattis, Secretary of Defense, listens during a Cabinet meeting at the White House in Washington, June 21, 2018. (Bloomberg via Getty Images, FILE)

PHOTO: President Donald Trump pauses while speaking as James Mattis, Secretary of Defense, listens during a Cabinet meeting at the White House in Washington, June 21, 2018. (Bloomberg via Getty Images, FILE)

Mattis, who has been critical of many of Trump's foreign policy decisions since leaving office, also got serious for a moment Thursday, mentioning the U.S.'s Kurdish allies in Syria. He called for the U.S. to again back the population, which has been attacked by Turkey.

"Let us restore trust in one another," Mattis said.

The president was onstage in Dallas at the same time as Mattis' keynote, delivering a campaign speech to a packed crowd at American Airlines Center.

"A year according to White House time is 9,000 hours of executive time or 1,800 holes of golf."  ~  Gen James Mattis  :lol:

GO RV, then BV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We got him.......woohoo......then what happens........buried at sea almost immediately.....no DNA.....no proof......

End Quote

I admit I thought about it myself......Undeniable all that raised some doubts

Oswald killing Kennedy........Ruby killing Oswald.......REALLY!

End Quote

Yep....I have to agree

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

CL

Yeah because all those video tapes he made years after were made in the years before 2001. Because Bin laden was another Nostradamus....yeah yeah that’s it!...........lmao.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 5

Donald Trump, like all strongmen, fetishizes military might. He dreams of parading armies down the streets of Washington. He exalts men with weapons the way football fans deify their favorite quarterbacks.

Generals have always occupied a special place in Trump’s psyche. “General Mattis is a strong, highly dignified man,” Trump said in 2016, shortly before he tapped Jim Mattis to be his defense secretary. “You know he’s known as Mad Dog Mattis, right? Mad Dog for a reason.”

The generals, though, are through with him. Mattis, no longer defense secretary, ridiculed Trump on Thursday night for dodging the Vietnam war and obsessing over fast food. The quips came after an infuriated Trump, on the defensive after Republicans and Democrats joined forces to condemn him for withdrawing troops from Syria, called Mattis the world’s most “overrated” general.

“I have earned my spurs on the battlefield,” Mattis said. “Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from his doctor.”

“The only person in the military Mr Trump does not feel is overrated,” he added, was Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC.

William McRaven, a retired four-star navy admiral who led the US special operations command under George W Bush and Barack Obama, piled on Friday in a scathing New York Times op-ed, criticizing Trump for abandoning the Kurds in Syria. “If our promises are meaningless, how will our allies ever trust us?” he wrote. “If we can’t have faith in our nation’s principles, why would the men and women of this nation join the military?”

It must be embarrassing for a president to be so thoroughly rebuked by those he formerly worshiped. Trump is far from losing the Republican party, which now belongs entirely to him, but he has successfully shattered the link between the GOP and the traditional foreign policy establishment. Now facing impeachment, Trump has suddenly lent hawks like Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney a rationale for one day voting against him.

This does not mean his presidency is imperiled. And it does not mean that Trump’s approach to foreign policy, too feckless to be regarded as doveish or even isolationist, should be scrapped for what Graham or the generals desire, which is more war, forever war, troops marching through ravaged nations until the end of the century and beyond.

Trump, in his own peculiar way, has a native instinct that resists the most violent impulses of his party. He has lied about his initial opposition to the Iraq war but is one of the only prominent Republicans who continues to condemn the myopic interventionism that once dominated both the Republican and Democratic foreign policy establishments. But unlike, say, Bernie Sanders, who offers a robust vision for a world where America no longer plays policeman with nukes, Trump has no workable alternative. His impulses are authoritarian – I alone can fix it – and ultimately reckless.

Progressives shouldn’t root for a soft-style military junta, either, as some on the left are wont to do. The generals need less power, not more. It was Trump who, through the recruitment of Mattis and the former White House chief of staff John Kelly, uncomfortably merged domestic and military affairs. The generals, in turn, saw the madness up close.

We can enjoy the turn of the generals, just as we can hope a Republican party currently cowed by Trump finds the courage to snuff him out. Of course, unlike Republican politicians, the generals do not have to be accountable to Trump’s ravenous base, the voters who may just keep him around for a second term. They can afford to ignore Fox News. For these facts alone, they cannot be regarded as bellwethers of a true resistance. We can only take comfort in Mattis’ quips and move on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fetishized-military-generals-had-feckless-100021542.html

Man this is like watching a third world country... The generals are telling the world this guy is a nut.

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

11 hours ago, caddieman said:

Yeah because all those video tapes he made years after were made in the years before 2001. Because Bin laden was another Nostradamus....yeah yeah that’s it!...........lmao.

Laugh all you want......then try some logic and common sense......nope......tapes were fabricated....it's really a very simple process......plastic surgery is pretty simple too.....and of course they dumped the body before any samples were obtained for DNA testing......guess that makes sense to you......it doesn't to me.......CL

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Laugh all you want......then try some logic and common sense......nope......tapes were fabricated....it's really a very simple process......plastic surgery is pretty simple too.....and of course they dumped the body before any samples were obtained for DNA testing......guess that makes sense to you......it doesn't to me.......CL

CL, I thought it was all very fishy re:  Bin Laden also, but what about Rob O'Neill whose been on television so many times talking about how he killed Osama bin Laden.  Is he an actor or what?

"Robert James O'Neill is a former United States Navy sailor. A former U.S. Navy SEAL and special warfare operator, O'Neill claims to have fired the shot that killed Osama bin Laden during the raid on his Abbottabad compound on May 1, 2011."

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Yeah I think I will keep laughing. You conjure up all this and then talk about logic and common sense........👌

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

McRaven, who oversaw the 2011 raid that killed former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, has taken on Trump on more than one occasion, laying into the president in 2017 for calling the press the “enemy of the people.”

Then last year, after Trump revoked the security clearance former CIA Director John Brennan, a critic of the president, McRaven spoke out again, writing in a Washington Post opinion piece that he would “consider it an honor” if the president were to pull his clearance as well.

McRaven also wrote that Trump had “embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.”

Those harsh words drew censure from some of McRaven’s friends from his 37 years in the military who felt the retired admiral had overstepped his bounds.

“That is fair criticism. You’ve got to be prepared to listen to your critics because historically retired military officers, particularly senior officers, don’t make a point of speaking up against the commander-in-chief,” McRaven said.

In response to the Washington Post dig, Trump dismissed McRaven in a Fox News interview as a “Hillarious Clinton fan” and an “Obama backer” who should have captured bin Laden sooner.

A year earlier, McRaven said Trump’s hostility toward the news media “may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime.” That came from a man who oversaw not just the killing of bin Laden but also the capture of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in 2003.

MAY 22, 2019 / 5:39 PM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-mcraven-idUSKCN1ST02F

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Floridian said:

CL, I thought it was all very fishy re:  Bin Laden also, but what about Rob O'Neill whose been on television so many times talking about how he killed Osama bin Laden.  Is he an actor or what?

"Robert James O'Neill is a former United States Navy sailor. A former U.S. Navy SEAL and special warfare operator, O'Neill claims to have fired the shot that killed Osama bin Laden during the raid on his Abbottabad compound on May 1, 2011."

Time will prove O'Neil is an actor.....several things....Team members keep a low profile...they do a job.....and who in their right mind would paint a target on their back for all of Islam to take pot shots at......again common sense....

Additionally 3 months later.....most of the Bin Laden Kill Team died in a crash......a Chinook flying barge.....not the usual ride for an elite squad....38 in all were killed....and if you research that it will leave you scratching your head......here is a start (link below).....

Of course as anything with any controversy......info can be all over the place........what is telling to me ....are the stories/questions.... of/from... the fallen members of this fallen elite team........the corruption in DC runs deep......

https://anonhq.com/what-is-happening-to-the-bin-laden-killers-seal-team-six/

• Thanks 2

McRaven has never been a Trump fan, but like so many Senior Military Officers they serve under their Commander-in-Chief. Seems everyone here has forgotten the 200+ Generals and Senior Officers that were fired or were retired prematurely under the Bummer, because HE WAS SUCH A GREAT LEADER. All of that was fine with the left then. Many many more heads rolled under "The One" than under Trump, but hey what do we know? The people I'VE Worked with, and there were many that served and some still serve, hated Obummer as CIC, so go figure. The media just hasn't gotten around to publishing those facts, and the the great General McRaven dislikes that Trump calls the media dishonest and the enemy of the people. From the many years I have seen the media beat down EVERY Republican Prez and sweep (or at least try to sweep) under the rug the crimes and corruption of every DemoRat Prez, I'd say Trump is right on the money.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Educate yourself....     CL

Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)
This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do
Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much she knows
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you "Here am I floating 'round my tin can
Far above the moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do"
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)
This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue