Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MSM mind control

It's a very simple concept.....90% of the US media is owned by 6 very liberal corporations.....should we be worried....?

Higher Intelligence And An Analytical Thinking Style Offer No Protection Against “The Illusory Truth Effect” – Our Tendency To Believe Repeated Claims Are True

9db6bff8f7bc71c86c3bbaa5d0a20907?s=24&d=identicon&r=g BPS Research Digest
4 months ago

GettyImages-952609456.jpgBy Matthew Warren

It’s a trick that politicians have long exploited: repeat a false statement often enough, and people will start believing that it’s true. Psychologists have named this phenomenon the “illusory truth effect”, and it seems to come from the fact that we find it easier to process information that we’ve encountered many times before. This creates a sense of fluency which we then (mis)interpret as a signal that the content is true.  

Of course, you might like to believe that your particular way of thinking makes you immune to this trick. But according to a pre-print uploaded recently to PsyArXiv, you’d be wrong. In a series of experiments, Jonas De keersmaecker at Ghent University and his collaborators found that individual differences in cognition had no bearing on the strength of the illusory truth effect. 

The researchers wondered whether three aspects of cognition, already known to influence how people make judgments, could determine how prone someone is to the illusory truth effect: cognitive ability or intelligence; the need for cognitive closure (i.e. the desire to avoid ambiguity); and cognitive style (whether someone thinks in a rapid and intuitive manner or takes a slower and more analytic approach). For example, someone who relies more on intuition and wants hard-and-fast answers might be more likely to use the fact that information has been repeated as a cue to its truthfulness.

Across six experiments involving between 199 and 336 participants, the team measured the illusory truth effect while also tapping into these aspects of cognition. The exact methods varied for each study, but generally participants would first read a mix of true and false trivia statements, then complete various cognitive tests and surveys, and finally they would re-read and judge as true or false the earlier trivia statements, as well as new ones interspersed among them. A seventh study was similar but involved fake and real political headlines (the participants’ final challenge in this case was to judge which were real and which were made up).

The researchers found the illusory truth effect across all seven studies: participants were more likely to rate trivia statements and headlines as true/real if they’d seen them previously. Crucially, the strength of this effect did not vary according to the participants’ cognitive ability or style, or need for closure. (A couple of studies found some small significant associations, but these disappeared when the researchers integrated all the data.)

These results suggest that we are all predisposed to believe repeated information regardless of our own particular cognitive profile. And while that might make us all susceptible to advertising and the fabrications of dishonest politicians, the researchers have a more optimistic take. “These novel findings are in line with the assertion that processing fluency is not a judgmental bias and flaw in the individual, but rather a cue to truth that is universal and epistemologically justified in most contexts”, they write. In other words, it’s not that there’s a foolish subgroup of people who are more vulnerable to the “illusory truth” effect, but rather it’s an advantageous and universal bias that’s arisen because most of the time fluency actually is a reliable signal of truth. For example, a statement that is often repeated may tend to be endorsed by more people, which could be a useful cue to its truth.

But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t individual differences relating to the illusory truth effect waiting to be discovered, the team adds. Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, for example, seem to show a less strong effect, suggesting that certain fundamental aspects of memory and cognition may be required to support the effect. With a greater willingness to publish null results like this one – and not just leave them in the file drawer – researchers should be able to build up a much more complete picture of the illusory truth effect and other cognitive biases.

Investigating the robustness of the illusory truth effect across individual differences in cognitive ability, need for cognitive closure, and cognitive style [This study is a preprint meaning that it has not yet been subject to peer review and the final published version may differ from the version on which this report was based]

Matthew Warren (@MattbWarren) is Staff Writer at BPS Research Digest

Categories: CognitionDecision making

Research Digest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, so sad but true.  But when I see the HUGE turnouts at Trump rallies (and apparently very small turnouts at the dem rallies), it gives me hope that maybe the majority of Americans do NOT believe the rubbish the MSM peddles.  They just don't speak up for fear of being attacked by "triggered" "snowflakes" (really, how can it be a "bad" thing to want your country to be great!?) who suffer Trump Derangement Syndrome.  I'm so disappointed to see Americans abandoning the idea of free speech and now choosing to violently hate others who think differently.  When I grew up, tolerance was a good thing and it dumbfounds me how this is no longer the case.  But time will tell us soon enough where the American majority stand.  Guiliani and diGenova have implied that things are going to break wide open in the next week and half so I'm hopeful.  And I take solice in the fact that Trump is a master at getting what he wants so I suspect he's setting up his adversaries for a big fall by exposing their nefarious deeds - shortly.  Exciting times we live in for sure!!

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, KristiD said:

(really, how can it be a "bad" thing to want your country to be great!?)

I don't think that is the question that's an issue, everyone wants their country to be great It is one of the driving forces for protesting and speaking out against poor policy making. I think some people just are more able able to discern the truth and cant't embrace a blustery BS dialogue. It's kind of Similar to engaging aused car salesman representing a lemon of a car as the gold standard. If you can see through the sales pitch, there is a part of you that just can't buy into it,If you can't see it, Your inner voice screams ~don't buy it"However, if you buy the car,you will tell yourself it was a great deal despite repeated breakdowns because you are invested in supporting your decision. and you don't want to be jugded as or feel like a total moron. you can no longer accept new information that would invalidate you decision because you ego is heavily involved. In our political environment we judge politicians by their actions and statementsso, usually new and relevant information doesn't filter through their ego protection mechanisms and they stick with BS dialogues and meaningless one liners that don't really say whats true, but are simple enough so as not to stir up a conversation or dialogue. example `make America Great Again'  who wouldn't want that?   The discerning individual would want details before they bought into it unless they wanted the lemon regardless of the consequences. Sorry for the long post.Just wanting to give a little substance to the post. 

Edited by adhoc10
Rephrase for clarity
  • Thanks 5
  • Downvote 1

Below is a transcript of a very interesting but long interview ... worth the read.

Big Tech Tyranny 

Dr. Michael Rectenwald was a professor at New York University and he jokingly describes himself as having been a lifelong Communist, "to the Left of the Bolsheviks" before he ran afoul of his wokester peers in academe.

His story is very similar to my own, in that he was basically a professor of cultural criticism, which was my major. The analyses consisted largely of Marxist Deconstructivism. He could have been my professor. Like me, he was a Leftist until very recently, when his slight deviation from the party line revealed the shocking, totalitarian impulses hiding behind a thin veneer of egalitarian rhetoric.

Like me, he's now swinging from the rafters and shouting from the rooftops about the pox of Leftism and his Twitter posts look exactly like mine!

His bestselling book, 'The Google Archipelago: The Digital Gulag and the Simulation of Freedom' is about how Big Tech, influenced by Marxist and Postmodernist thought increasingly enables a toxic mix of censorship, surveillance, social engineering and 'social justice' policies that, in effect create a digital equivalent of the Soviet gulag.

It is this climate that enabled the unprecedented collaboration between Big Tech, with the mass media and the intelligence agencies to saturate the infosphere with their chosen narrative and to ban all others.

As he says here, "We have a soft Cultural Revolution going on in the United States and the West, in general. We need people to stand up to this Cultural Revolution and just speak back 

to these new Red Guards.

"We're being surveilled upon, our opinions are being monitored and dissidents are being disappeared, just as they were during the Soviet Union. They're being digitally erased or deleted..."

He joins The Epoch Times' Jan Jekielek for what I feel may be the most important interview that I have covered in 9 years of publishing FKTV. I've transcribed some of the highlights below.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: There's this exclusive domination [on college campuses] of a particular ideological Leftism which is called "Social Justice". It's a misnomer, if you ask me but it's a very rigid creed of identity politics and a kind of adherence to sort of inverse hierarchy, in order to debunk the so-called "oppressors" from the top and put them on the bottom. It is instituted at NYU and universities all across the country; 230 universities at least have instituted what they call "bias reporting" hotlines, in which students are encouraged to report the bias infractions of their professors or fellow students.

So – very much like Communist Soviet Union and Communist China – this kind of ideological policing that was going and that I found very disturbing and everybody was going along for the ride. The no-platforming of speakers, the way that the Left shut down any ideological diversity from appearing on campus at all; burning campuses down, like in Berkeley, when speakers were invited that they didn't approve of.

Then, of course other things like trigger warnings on syllabi...it's a slippery slope toward ideological conformity...For example, 'Dante's Inferno' has been stricken from curricula because it has a depiction of Muhammad in one of the circles of Hell. This is one of the greatest books and one of the greatest poems in the Western canon and it's a shame that the Western canon is being eradicated. Also, for example at the University of Pennsylvania, they took down from the [web] portal the picture of Shakespeare, because he's a white 

male... a university in London struck all white philosophers from the philosophy curriculum...

I thought it was censorship. I thought it was ideological conformity being forced on professors and students, I thought it was a...narrowbanding of our intellectual capacities and as kind of an indoctrination of students, rather than teaching; rather than exposing students to diverse perspectives it was...funneling them into a particular perspective and that really disturbed me.

Jan Jekielek: Fascinating. How did the faculty respond to your complaints?

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: Well, I did an interview for a reporter for the Washington Square News, which is the student newspaper at NYU. Within two days of this interview appearing in their online and print edition, I was denounced by a committee calling themselves the "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Group", which I've since 

dubbed the "Conformity, Inequity and Exclusion Group" because they demand ideological conformity. They attempt to exclude anyone who doesn't conform and you're certainly not considered a peer, if you have views that differ from theirs and then I was put on an immediate paid leave of absence, as well.

So I was basically banished from the University for a semester and punished with this ideological condemnation by an official committee of the university.

Jan Jekielek: So you were basically an early recipient of Cancel Culture.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: Very much so. Before Cancel Culture existed, I was a victim of Cancel Culture...

The things I want to make clear is that these the Big Digital is not some politically neutral set of principles or companies Big Digital consists of a bunch of left-leaning authoritarians and they're doing so they have the same ideological character in a softer sense of course as the CCP.

Jan Jekielek: OK, so that that's a big thing to say. You're gonna you're gonna have to offer some pretty solid evidence here.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: There's a ton of evidence that shows that the Google stacks their search results in a Left-leaning way. All this has been shown by Dr. Robert Epstein and it was exposed by Project Veritas. Google has a worldview that's reflected both in their algorithms; their outward-facing algorithms and their internal policies. Their internal policies show that they favor almost all kinds of Leftists views about identity. They're very, very strong in encouraging transgenderism, they're very strong in discouraging anything like traditional ideas about gender, they also have extremely Left-leaning views about the political economy. They have monopolistic ambitions, I think and they also have state functions. They are - first of all Google was started by funding from the CIA - and that's not to prove that they have a state function but they also keep they continue to cooperate with the state...

So, they're in violation of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996...there's legislation that's being offered up to redress that issue to make them adhere to that standard, so that they will then no longer be discriminatory...Information should not be discriminatory in terms of its delivery and so they're NOT non-discriminatory; they're NOT neutral, they are politically-biased to an extreme...

There's been a tremendous consolidation of course--if media over the last 20 years there's been all kinds of mergers and acquisitions that have reduced...the possibility of more viewpoints. So, we've had ideological sameness perpetrated through the media, as The Epoch Times knows, that the New York Times, The Washington Post – most of the major networks are all Left-leaning. They're all biased and their reporting is almost editorial at this point. I mean, their news can't be considered journalism, in effect. It can be considered Op-Ed but for the most part, it's all been tilted. So, they are basically in the same ideological camp as the digital giants are – and the digital giants sort the news based on their ideological conformity, because they're now the delivery mechanism for most of this, as you know.

Jan Jekielek: So that basically, you're saying that if you want to be successful in the social media sphere, now you have to...

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: You have to conform to the digital giants' proclivities ideologically to get noticed in their search results and also to be let through. For example, Facebook bars certain sources from their platforms entirely.

Jan Jekielek: So, you describe Russiagate as a first of a particular type of phenomenon and I'd like you to explore this, because I thought that was a fascinating perspective.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: Yes, it's the first, in the sense it's the collaboration between Big Digital, the intelligence community and basically what is being referred to as the Deep State, in effect. This was a first-ever collaboration in which Big Digital colluded with with the mass media and also the intelligence agencies to provide a certain narrative and to ban other narratives from from being disseminated as broadly.

And the interesting thing about this is that one of the main companies that was deemed "anti-disinformation", that exposed Russiagate supposedly is called NewKnowledge.com. There was never a greater misnomer than this company's name, because they're New Nescience – that is, non-knowledge. They are the opposite of knowledge. They are creating fabrications.

They were one of the main reporters to the US Intelligence Committee about Russiagate, about the bots, the Russian bots that had supposedly influenced the 2016 election. In the 2017 senatorial election of Roy Moore, where Moore ran for Alabama Senator; they produced Russian bots. They created Russian bots to support Roy Moore's candidacy – to disqualify him – because he was "supported by the Kremlin", supposedly. And then they dished that news out to the newspapers and to the media outlets, saying, "This is happening! There's Russia Russian BOTS are supporting Roy Moore - Russian bots, which they created.

And this is supposedly the biggest anti-disinformation agency in the Internet, that's how they bill themselves! So black is white. Everything is inverted and you know, this is Orwellian. Truth is falsity and falsity is true and so they got exposed by The New York Times and The Washington Post, an unbelievable breakthrough, journalistically, I mean because you would think that they would not cover this, because it is actually Democratic Party organs, those two papers, that's pretty clear. But they did cover this and then Twitter knows about this – but they didn't throw them off. They still have a Twitter account. The owner of the company, the main major funder of this company also has a Twitter account.

Then, when a Trump supporter said that in the 2020 election, he was going to create assets on Facebook and elsewhere to support Trump - false assets. He hadn't done it, yet but he was banned from Twitter, just by virtue of telecasting what he was gonna do. So, it just shows you the disparity, the double standard is extreme. One does it, the other says they're gonna do it. The one who does it doesn't get thrown off the social media platform, the one that hasn't done it yet is thrown off, by virtue of the fact that they're they're supporting Trump.

Jan Jekielek: So, you're talking a lot about the Left in a way that clearly shows me you don't see yourself as part of it. But at one point, you were.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: I was a Left-Communist – Left of the Bolsheviks!

Jan Jekielek: How did that change?

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: When the left turned on me and drove me out, I saw their totalitarian impulses under the surface of this egalitarian rhetoric and that veneer that they cover all their philosophies under and I just saw that and I just saw the true face of this and then I started doing historical research. I read 'The Black Book of Communism' and I learned.

Jan Jekielek: I wish more people read 'The Black Book of Communism'.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: It's just incredible, right? And it shows you that the most pernicious political ideology of the 20th century was not Nazism, it was actually Social Communism, in terms of sheer numbers. They killed 94 million people, counting China and the Soviet Union and Cambodia and so fort.

Jan Jekielek: Right, well you know, just as an aside, we had an article in The Epoch Times recently about how in the European Parliament, there was a motion, I believe that was passed that put Communism in the same realm of you know, egregious ideology as Nazism, National Socialism. It was described as a massive breakthrough, because it's very curious that that everyone is really, really clear on how horrible National Socialism is, right or was and of course it was but there seems to be a much smaller group of people, much smaller and that is aware.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: This is very, very much connected to academia. When I started doing research on the criminality of the political Left, I found a lot of things that were buried under carpets or disappeared. I couldn't find, in academic scholarship the histories. They're just eradicated. It's incredible. I actually had to rely on non-academic sources to find the facts.

Jan Jekielek: Fascinating. I've heard about China, "The People's Republic of Amnesia," the inconvenient realities are are kinda disappeared or removed.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: That's happening in US scholarship and the Left-leaning character of academia is so profound, that they have disappeared the criminality of the political Left from all education. I mean that's huge. So, you don't learn about the crimes of Soviet Union or China. You don't learn about this in the US educational system, for the most part. It's disappeared.

Jan Jekielek: Fascinating and deeply disturbing. So, you know, as as I said, your book shocked me to the core and one of the reasons it did was with this kind of pervasive rise of Big Tech, in injecting itself into literally every aspect of life and even into thought and that's only accelerating. I mean, this is just the beginning, on this curve, right? That could make one feel quite despondent about the future. What are your thoughts?

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: I have a great deal of faith in in in in people's intelligence to see through ideology, because I was able to do so, myself. If I can see it, other people can see it and I know other people who do see it and I think that your Big Digital is going to be constructing very powerful narratives and we have to posit counter-narratives that are truth-based.

Jan Jekielek: Okay, truth. So, truth has been a casualty in all of this, right?

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: It's been a casualty of the Postmodern academy and in the Postmodern intellectual realm, for the last 50 years. You can't use the word "truth" in the university. You're trained, very early on not to even talk about that and there's no such thing. In Postmodernism, everything is local. Truths are only contingent upon the identity of the person who holds the view; everybody's got their own truth, there's no universal truth, there's nothing that can be established as objective. Objectivity is, in fact a masculinist, white supremacist notion.

So, that has been a major casualty in the last 50 years of that intellectual life and it's pervaded the entire culture, so that we have a "post-truth" culture, right?

Jan Jekielek: But yet, people seek it. I mean, that's what you're kind of arguing.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: People have to start to believe in truth again and they have to start establishing a new metaphysics of truth, is what I argue in the book.

And that is going to be more and more necessary, as basically Big Digital sets up a simulation of reality, which they're very capable of doing and then, reporting on that as the reality, right – and we see that going on right now in the political sphere.

Jan Jekielek: So essentially, you argue that this whole Russiagate is, pretty much that it's a simulation. Similarly. very engrossing and you know pervasive.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: It's a simulated reality that becomes the the dominant narrative and that basically supplants truth and basically preempts its discovery and in its enunciation...

right yeah and we're just, you know I just did had an interview earlier today talking about that new newest developments newest iterations of it yes

Jan Jekielek: Given that the education system is so saturated with this post-truth in education, post-truth reality. How is it that that we can get back to the truth?

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: Well, we have to have a tremendous amount of public intellectual criticism of the Academy, that has to continue and people have to defect, like I've done. I'm basically a defector, right?

I'm a dissident and a defector from the the academic union of ideological conformity and we need more of that. We need many more. There are not many in the United States. There's several Canadian professors who have been dissident, who become dissident and I'm friends with all of them: Jordan Peterson and a whole slew of others, Phillip Saltzman and other dissident intellectuals that are speaking out against all this but we need more. We need more people to have the courage to stand up to this mob.

We have a soft Cultural Revolution going on in the United States and the West, in general we need people to stand up to this Cultural Revolution and just speak back to these new Red Guards.

Jan Jekielek: That's very interesting, because of course, if you stood up to the Red Guards in China during the Cultural Revolution, you would be dead. Whereas, here you can be cancelled but you can still find some find friends and people and there's people – I've met an incredible number of people in the most unexpected places, talking about the sorts of things you're talking about.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: Just like there are the islands of the Google archipelago, there are islands, like The Epoch Times, of intellectual and truth-, fact-based reporting and discovery that that exist and we have build on that.

Jan Jekielek: Wonderful. Well, it's such a pleasure to have you here, Michael.

Dr. Michael Rectenwald: My pleasure, thank you.

Running Time: 42 mins

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

“Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.”

As  country, we support igmorance and promote labeling as a way to convey theologies as a form of informatio exchange. As an example, we employ the label of health as denoting something good, however, when asked to give a useable definition of what it is, you will primarily recieve a deer in the headlights look in response or receive some vanilla flvored defintion that is wort . eX: `iT IS THE ABSENCE OF DISEASE" DUH!!!!!

the result is a lot of educated folks that have a fair idea of what they know, but lack the ability to exchange information with another human being  The result  is  A populace that is highly educated, but not very smar, operating tWITHOUT AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF their profession.and powerless to employ the Common sense and critical thinking skills  that is a birthright of folks whose brain can still process multitudes of information  manipulation is easy to do on individuals that live in their personal world constructed on ideologies and beliefs.  Trump saw this and used it to his advantage in 2016. It is never the noble path to accomplish your goals.Like who feels good after they hav been manipulated??  It tends to make people angry and that is part of the blowback on Trump.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

As  country, we support system" rel="">support igmorance and promote labeling as a way to convey theologies as a form of informatio exchange. As an example, we employ the label of health as denoting something good, however, when asked to give a useable definition of what it is, you will primarily recieve a deer in the headlights look in response or receive some vanilla flvored defintion that is wort . eX: `iT IS THE ABSENCE OF DISEASE" DUH!!!!!

the result is a lot of educated folks that have a fair idea of what they know, but lack the ability to exchange information with another human being  The result  is  A populace that is highly educated, but not very smar, operating tWITHOUT AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF their profession.and powerless to employ the Common sense and critical thinking skills  that is a birthright of folks whose brain can still process multitudes of information  manipulation is easy to do on individuals that live in their personal world constructed on ideologies and beliefs.  Trump saw this and used it to his advantage in 2016. It is never the noble path to accomplish your goals.Like who feels good after they hav been manipulated??  It tends to make people angry and that is part of the blowback on Trump.

adhoc10, are You from L'Austin???!!!

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Ideological misconceptions at best in Your comments.

THIS is what happens to Post Modernists first consumed by THEN are brain washed to "propagate" from a Post Mortem "perspective":

L'Austin is a bastion of elitist mind controlled ultra whacked and likewise bizarre ideologist malfeasant propagandistic academic wannabes THAT have NO useful contribution whatsoever to a peaceable, HEALTHY, resilient, AND (most of all), profitably function nation.

By ALL Means, adhoc10, Enjoy!!! the 2020 Presidential Election Blow Back WITH The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump DULY AND LEGALLY ELECTED AGAIN AS President Of The United States Of America!!!

WITH APPROPRIATE Ideologies, Beliefs, AND True The United States Of America Patriotism NOT in accordance with THEE L'Austin "mentality"!!!

This Country was built strong and defended securely by people with a third grade education or less. Today This Country is being torn down and heavily compromised by people with Ivy League degrees or more. The people with a third grade education or less REALLY CARE AND know what is of value AND works AND then applies for THEIR benefit AND the benefit of others. The people with Ivy League degrees or more ONLY care about THEIR self advancement AND ardently endeavor to ENSLAVE others TO DESTROY THEM.

- Synopsis

L'Austin.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

As  country, we support system" rel="">support igmorance and promote labeling as a way to convey theologies as a form of informatio exchange. As an example, we employ the label of health as denoting something good, however, when asked to give a useable definition of what it is, you will primarily recieve a deer in the headlights look in response or receive some vanilla flvored defintion that is wort . eX: `iT IS THE ABSENCE OF DISEASE" DUH!!!!!

I was thinking more in terms of the main stream media that is totally controlled by deep state interest and are specifically scripted to discredit or otherwise diminish all things Trump. I know people that the MSM is their only source for current events and it shows.

• Thanks 6

9 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

“A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.”

My name is Joseph Goebbels and I approved this message.

jg.jpg

Totally agree....That's what infact allowed Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini and many orher violently crazy dictators and freedom-killers to get all that power with ( at least apparently) adoring masses all over......Unfortunately.....

Here in Italy we had recently (2018) the case of Matteo Salvini ( fmr minister of Interiors and chief of far-right party "League") who did incredibly bad and nasty things at all levels and many People were/are still completely in love with him ( also because the "strong man at the wheel"  concept was/is something Italians always liked...Fascism was born in my Country after all....

And Italy remains basically a right-wing Country  with a few historical exceptions....like when in the 60' and 70's and mid 80's  we used to have the biggest Communist party of western Europe...And they did adhere to the idea of "Euro Communism" which meant a slow but unavoidable detachment from Moscow that also saw the participation of French and Spanish Communist parties

At that time CP had also a great leader ...Enrico Berlinguer who died 1n 1984 while holding a speech in Rome  in front of a lot of Folks...I was in LA and learned about it on US news ...Also saw on TV his funeral in Rome , where more than 2M  marched

In 1976 ( the 1st time for me to vote, I was 19) It seemed the Italian Communist party had the numbers to beat finally the leading party in this Country since the end of WW2..Party being  " Democrazia Cristiana" ( Christian Democracy) which was always the party of relative majority here... A party of centre-right...

Well, in 1976 many thought the CP was going to win  and really it advanced greatly as for votes...Many rich People here were ready to leave the Country...At the last moment  Christian Democracy won again but for not too many votes, if I recall correctly....

When finally Christian Democracy  high ranks understood that this Country was divided in two.....They started thinking / accepting the idea  to have a Gov't  with the Communists....

A  morning in March '78 when Christian Democracy chief  Aldo Moro was going to Parliament  to discuss about that ( the thing was already in its final steps)  a commando of extreme left terrorists  "Brigate Rosse" ( Red Brigades) assaulted his car where he was along with 4 or 5 Police bodyguards , killed ALL the police and kidnapped Mr Moro...He then was kept in a made-up prison ( an apt) for 55 days....The did propose an exchange of him with a few already arrested terrorists....State said  no...So they shot the guy

In the 2nd or 3rd Gov't of after war Italy, there was a Communist among the ministers ....I think that was Togliatti  who was indeed very attached to Moscow....That was circa 1947

The PM in that Gov't was a Christian Democrat , Alcide DeGasperi , who during a trip to Washington ( which was helping Italy a lot economicallywith the Marshall plan) was told expressedly to get rid of the Communist minister....The thing caused problems and riots here at the time.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Communist_Party

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Democracy_(Italy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Gasperi_III_Cabinet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Aldo_Moro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrico_Berlinguer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Salvini

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, adhoc10 said:

I don't think that is the question that's an issue, everyone wants their country to be great It is one of the driving forces for protesting and speaking out against poor policy making. I think some people just are more able able to discern the truth and cant't embrace a blustery BS dialogue. It's kind of Similar to engaging aused car salesman representing a lemon of a car as the gold standard. If you can see through the sales pitch, there is a part of you that just can't buy into it,If you can't see it, Your inner voice screams ~don't buy it"However, if you buy the car,you will tell yourself it was a great deal despite repeated breakdowns because you are invested in supporting your decision. and you don't want to be jugded as or feel like a total moron. you can no longer accept new information that would invalidate you decision because you ego is heavily involved. In our political environment we judge politicians by their actions and statementsso, usually new and relevant information doesn't filter through their ego protection mechanisms and they stick with BS dialogues and meaningless one liners that don't really say whats true, but are simple enough so as not to stir up a conversation or dialogue. example `make America Great Again'  who wouldn't want that?   The discerning individual would want details before they bought into it unless they wanted the lemon regardless of the consequences. Sorry for the long post.Just wanting to give a little substance to the post. 

Thanks for your in-depth analysis....

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, adhoc10 said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but No I am from the midwest. Wisconsin originally. 

No disappointment on my part, adhoc10.

21 hours ago, adhoc10 said:

manipulation is easy to do on individuals that live in their personal world constructed on ideologies and beliefs.  Trump saw this and used it to his advantage in 2016. It is never the noble path to accomplish your goals.Like who feels good after they hav been manipulated??  It tends to make people angry and that is part of the blowback on Trump

The key facet that contradicts Your premise here, adhoc10, is there was no mind control implemented on the voters for The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump to vote for him as the 45th President Of The United States Of America.

The campaign initiatives articulated by The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump are being fulfilled in an ever increasing measure based on adherence to The Articles Of The Constitution Of The United States Of America TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights and associated Rule Of Law. As such, the Constitutional benefits to The Citizens Of The United States Of America are ever more apparent.

That is the reason I voted for The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump since he represented and currently represents my values. Not my hero or caretaker just to observe The Oath Of The Office as noted in The Articles Of The Constitution Of The United States Of America TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights and associated Rule Of Law. I believe an exceptionally brilliant play The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump is making with the Main Stream And Likewise Lame Stream Media and I applaud him for encouraging the mindless LSM/MSM associates to show themselves for who they really are in their own self representation. Sad to see but need to know the Main Stream And Likewise Lame Stream Media present themselves as the superior intellectuals while actually showing themselves as dumber than a box of rocks. The narratives presented to subvert The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump in the The Oath Of The Office as noted in The Articles Of The Constitution Of The United States Of America TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights and associated Rule Of Law is truly a massive Psy Ops determined to mind control the Citizens Of The United States Of America.

True The United States Of America Patriots know, understand, and apply the four (4) Textual Cornerstones with Personal Acknowledgement, Personal Responsibility, and Personal Ownership without permission or restriction from those who seek to impose their "self" "represented" "superior" "intellect" on The True The United States Of America Patriots. The "self" "represented" "superior" "intellectuals" seek at every avenue to instill dependency on their enslavement philosophies to include attempting to brand indepent and independently choosing and operating individuals as brain washed. The historical references from the founding of This Great Nation with the Founding Fathers who were, and still are, geniuses without equal have demostrated independently thinking and operating individuals are a key element to the success, posterity, and future resilience of This Great Nation.

Without Political Party Affiliation, Conservatism is premised on Independent Individuals primarily responsible for and meeting their own needs indepently while fostering Interdepent Individuals operating corporately for the common benefit for the issues at hand. Liberalism demands Dependent Individuals be dependent on an entity and/or philosophy with absolute adherence without thought then strips the individual's where with all to force them into being Codependent Individuals to the destruction and demise of their societal integrity.

Obviously, Liberalism produces Saul Alinsky "useful" "idiots" proclaiming themselves to be the "intellecutal" "saviors" of the masses while denying the brain washing undergone into manufacturing "willing" "adherents".

As such Conservative have a much greater capability to see and understand the tentacles of attempted brain washing due to the confliction with the unrestricted individual practice of the four (4) Textual Cornerstones and take appropriate corrective action so they, their fellow True The United States Of America Patriots, and successors enjoy the same unrestricted benefit for the exercise of the same.

For reference, the four (4) Textual Cornerstones are:

• The Bible
  • The Constitution Of The United States Of America Constitution TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights / Declaration Of Independence / Federalist Papers
  • Blackstone English Common Law (stripped of the Crown Entity obligations)
  • The Magne Carte

So whether You, adhoc10, are from the midwest, Wisconsin, L'Austin, or some other god awful Liberal bastion, I suggest you remove Your "cognition" from Your Brain Washed "safe" "space" at least to note the brain washing You have under gone and there are others, such as myself, who have cleanly seen and have not succumbed to any brain washing. To note, obviously the broad brush of characterization does not apply where there are significant numbers of non brain washed individuals in the midwest, Wisconsin, Austin, Texas, and numerous other places. Unfortunately, Liberal ideologies, beliefs, and philosophies have brain washed the "faithful" so as to be willing participants in their own demise in a variety of different areas in The United States Of America.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:11 AM, DinarDavo said:

“Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.”

jg.jpg

Yes, the brain washed Liberals are Joseph Goebbels poster children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jan Jekielek: I wish more people read 'The Black Book of Communism'.

End Quote

Yessir I read that ...

And also "Gulag Archipelago" by Russian Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

Also "7,000 days in Siberia" by Austrian Communist Karlo Stajner

And  "Against All Hope" by Cuban anti-Castro Armando Valladares

Plus others which I don't recall right now......

But since I am an equal opportunity reader, through the years I read also a lot of stuff on Italian, German, Brazilian, Chilean, Argentine, Paraguay ( Stroessner)and Uruguay fascist military dictatorships.....

It's just fair, just and democratic reading about the horrors of both sides.....IMHO

So let's take a look further at mind control.

Politically motivated moves during a Presidential Election Season are currently the craze of the day. Let's take a look at an apparent stance of some one I typically support.

Cruz denounces Trump's call for China to probe Bidens

By Quint Forgey

2 hrs ago

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) denounced President Donald Trump’s call for China to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, becoming one of only a handful of Republican senators to openly criticize the brazen request for foreign interference in the 2020 election.

Ted Cruz wearing a suit and tie: Sen. Ted Cruz.© Mark Wilson/Getty Images Sen. Ted Cruz.

“Of course not,” Cruz said to host Margaret Brennan during an interview on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that aired Sunday, when questioned whether it was appropriate for Trump to ask Beijing to probe the Biden family.

“Elections in the U.S. should be decided by Americans, and it's not the business of foreign countries, any foreign countries, to be interfering in our elections,” he continued.

Trump earlier this month declared from the White House lawn that the governments of China and Ukraine should investigate the Bidens — despite facing an impeachment inquiry by House Democrats for pressuring Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to do just that during a July phone call.

Some GOP senators, who could become Trump’s jurors in an impeachment trial, have struggled to comment on those remarks by the president during conversations with journalists and constituents.

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) refused to answer reporters’ questions on the topic during an exchange that went viral online. Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) was also mocked on social media for her evasive reply to a voter at a town hall. And Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) bothsuggested Trump was either joking or not serious.

But Cruz was less equivocal in his interview Sunday, asserting that “foreign countries should stay out of” U.S. elections.

“That's true for Russia, that's true for Ukraine, that's true for China, that's true for all of them,” he said. “It should be the American people deciding elections.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cruz-denounces-trumps-call-for-china-to-probe-bidens/ar-AAIIP6s?li=BBnb7Kz

What a disgrace.

Rule Of Law is timely no matter what season. Investigations take time and no stopping a foreign entity for revealing wrong doing by a President Of The United States Of America past or present as well.

There are no "hold" "harmless" clauses to Rule Of Law. Pedophiles, for example, are not exempted from investigations for credible evidence just because they happen to be running for The Office Of The President Of The United States Of America no matter where the offense occurred.

IF this news article is ACTUALLY the case, I wonder what mind control Senator Ted Cruz and likewise elected and appointed officials are under. During the 1972 Presidential Election Season, were there legitimate, timely, and appropriate investigations into wrong doing by the currently elected President Of The United States Of America and associates? My answer is, "Yes, of course." Same as now.

The mind controlling and self ascribed educated elitist Liberal will always have an excuse for abrogation of Rule Of Law for themselves while doctoring up false charges for those living out The Oath Of Office Upholding The Constitution Of The United States Of America TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights and ACTUAL associated Rule Of Law.

Rule Of Law IS Rule Of Law no matter what "season" or Citizen Of The United States Of America.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Rule Of Law IS Rule Of Law no matter what "season" or Citizen Of The United States Of America.

WOWZERS!!!

I racked up a WHOPPING three (3) Red Ruby Citations So Far As Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" From A Red Rubymeister!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Red Rubymeister For Displaying YOUR "intellectual" "envy"!!!

:bravo:   :bravo:   :bravo:

THEE Red Rubymeister MUST NO LIKIE Free AND Independent Thinking AND/OR Rule Of Law!!!

:shakehead:   :shakehead:   :shakehead:

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME On YOU, Red Rubymeister!!!

As a supporting note, I (NOTE: I) DID vote for Ted Cruz as the Republican Candidate for the 2016 Presidential Election in the Republican Primary. I (NOTE: I) do think Ted Cruz to be an excellent Republican Presidential Candidate whereas I am pleasantly rewarded with The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump.

Go E Pluribus Unum FOREVER!!!

Go MAGA FOREVER!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump THROUGH 2024!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriots FOREVER!!!

Go Israel FOREVER!!!

(A Special Thank You To ALL The Red Rubymeisters In ADVANCE For ALL The Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" Who THINK (misnomer, OF COURSE) The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump IS A POS!!!)!!!

Go Red Rubymeisters (ELSEWHERE!!!)!!!

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo: :pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:11 AM, DinarDavo said:

jg.jpg

Boy does one ever apply to Trump supporters... You can show them in black and white they are being lied to and they completely refuse to accept it. Good one DinarDavo

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Synopsis said:

I suggest you remove Your "cognition" from Your Brain Washed "safe" "space" at least to note the brain washing You have under gone and there are others, such as myself, who have cleanly seen and have not succumbed to any brain washing

Synopsis, no need for personal attacks, but thanks for the laugh.You are kidding right????

Edited by adhoc10
Rephrase for clarity
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

Synopsis, no need for personal attacks, but thanks for the laugh.You are kidding right????

No.

Typical "uncertainty" "question" in an "attempt" to demostrate the opposite in spite of obvious facts THAT is NOT working.

For an Elitist / Socialist / Liberal / Leftist / Progressive / Communist / Fascist / Nazist / Race Baiting / Brain Washed / Whack Job, YOU, adhoc10, will NEED to "up" YOUR 'game" to "achieve" YOUR "desired" "results".

NO amount of YOUR, adhoc10, so called "educated" rhetoric substantiates YOUR idiotological claims for YOUR, adhoc10, "humoring" YOURSELF.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

Baseless, Faulty, AND Brain Washed is ALL YOU "have" "to" "offer", adhoc10.

However, Please, OH, Please continue in YOUR, adhoc10, idiocy for ALL to appreciate YOUR, adhoc10, Brain Washing in FULL "display" to KNOW WHAT, prayed AND told, NOT to THINK AND, ESPECIALLY, NOT DO AS THEE BRAIN WASHED "think" AND "do"!!!

:bravo:   :bravo:   :bravo:

Obvious facts STRONGLY support the EXCELLENT benefits for The United States Of America Citizens due to the adherence to the Oath Of Office Taken By The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump as he observes The Articles Of The Constitution Of The United States Of America Constitution TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights AND Associated Rule Of Law AS WELL AS similar Elected AND Appointed True The United States Of America Patriots.

The Brain Washed, obviously, "think" AND "do" OTHERWISE with THEIR "cognitions" INEXTRICABLY "buried" IN THEIR "respective" "safe" "spaces" AND CLAIM PRESENTATION OF FACTS AND DATA IS A "personal" "attack". YOU, adhoc10, "demonstrate" THIS "quite" "well"!!!

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

This is amusing to watch...eventually this bot like poster you're dealing with, s.k.a. copy/paste, will grow tired of losing the debate and will place you on ignore, adhoc.  Then, from time to time, he will see an opportunity to pile on, which he will, without actually engaging you....then he'll wish all of those he sides with, a "best of the rest of your day to you"....all the while adding to his copy/paste responses and the 4 contextual cornerstones beginning with the bible while exclaiming that he and Trump (known adulterer and payer of hush money to a porn star) share the same values.  As always, this is just my opinion and should be viewed as such.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1