Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trey Gowdy joins Trump legal team

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

His entire post is a sign of keeping a record of wrongs. No one was attacking anyone. But Jim chimed in solely because he remembers when I did attack members and thus thinks I'm doing so now. 

He belittles anyone who doesn't accept God as he does and accuses them of threats and attacks. 

He has the right to his belief, as does Shabbs. However,  debating back and forth is just the attempted effort to persuade others. It seems that Jim takes issue with that. 

Oh and Jim threads get locked more for getting off track than what you said. 

For ex.

This thread is about 

Trey Gowdy joins Trump legal team.

Just sayin 

Perhaps it would be best if everyone gets back on topic.....and stays on topic...

Gowdy on the Trump legal team is a good thing....

1 thing I have never understood about Trey is his unusual ever changing hair styling......wonder if Trump will convince him to adopt the Trump doo.......

CL

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Perhaps it would be best if everyone gets back on topic.....and stays on topic...

1 thing I have never understood about Trey is his unusual ever changing hair styling......wonder if Trump will convince him to adopt the Trump doo.......

CL

If you go back and read my post you will find I've hinted at that very thing a couple of times. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Hi Shabs :)

I always appreciate your honesty. I think both religion and politics have screwed up most folks, only a few have the courage

to admit to it. 

You know how some of these threads end...being locked because it gets personal, hateful, etc. It appears it is "ok" for some to hate as long as they underscore that with their religion, in the attempt to make their accusations or beliefs sound legitimate when they invoke their gods.

Some things never change, I think by now we should all be well aware that mixing politics with religion ruins most discussions because cognitive dissonance is difficult to overcome when peoples beliefs are challenged, and the only reaction is to attempt to target and discredit those that present challenges to those who are unable or afraid to question their own beliefs.

You think for yourself, that is becoming a lost virtue, don't allow anyone to sway you from that no matter how many veiled threats of their god hating you or torturing you if you dare not submit. it is all they have...and they are convinced it is 100% truth...so you are wasting your time trying to question that although everyone should.

Any time something is based upon fear and threats, run the other way, it is just more manipulation aimed at getting YOU to submit to others beliefs and fears. Just keep thinking for yourself...and let those who follow a entity they believe will treat its creation in the most sadistic ways if one does not "believe" do whatever makes them feel "righteous". Some have been taught in this manner since a child...rarely does that change.

Been going on like this for thousands of years my friend...and few dare question it because superstition appears to always win out over logical thought, unfortunately. 

You are a decent person who thinks for himself. That is worth many times more than any attempts from others to discredit your thoughts or beliefs because they do not line up with a majority. Most have forgot the universal rule of thumb...treat others as you desire to be treated.

Anything more than that just adds to human division and contempt...the very things that religion and politics are masters at.

As always Jim, your logic and ability to express it so succinctly and thoughtfully is above reproach.  In all honesty and humility, I've not been a shining example of my best self around here lately.  I've been crass and intellectually beneath good standards.  Your words however give me a small sense of validation though and for that I thank you.  I've been spending so much time seeking vindication when the smart thing would have been to be the bigger person and agree to disagree.  I suppose we all need a reboot from time to time.  All my best to you and hope all is well in your family circle.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

CL

No disrespect to Trey, for I think he's a talented and compassionate litigator...

but I just don't see any way that pointy dome could pull off the Trump doo.

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Markinsa said:

That's true, Obama was God's will as well, actually all leaders are placed in power by God. 

Romans 13:1-7  (NASB)

13 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

Genesis 50:20  (NASB)

20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.

:twothumbs:

Sure?

Including Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Pinochet, Pol Pot ( Cambodia)  etc?

If so....Please do try and make me understand ....What's God wisdom and logic in that?

• Like 1

I see a lot of bitterness in your posts masked in sarcasm.  God didn't intend for us to go through life that way.

End Quote

Really? Christian?  I would think anyone who votes the Democratic Ticket would need to question their salvation for they have been sent a strong delusion to believe the things come from that party.

Plus some of the things that comes out of his mouth really makes me question his faith.

End Quote

Hello Mark.....If I may....Those 2 posts above of you addressing Shabbs do appear to me  somehow  contradictory.

And...WITH ALL THE DUE RESPECT.....Who (if any) gives you the Authority of deciding on / judging  one's Christianity? I'd bet an Iraqi Dinar you and Shabbs never met once personally , nor spent any hours together talking and / or exchanging opinions...So it's kinda tough saying what you said about him without even knowing him personally...JMVHO...

And stating what you did on anybody who votes on the Dem ticket?....There are many thousands of People on this site...Most do not post but surely read.....And most likelyy a few thousands (on a total of about 40,000) are or vote or have voted  Dem....I mean, seriously....

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, umbertino said:

Sure?

Including Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Pinochet, Pol Pot ( Cambodia)  etc?

If so....Please do try and make me understand ....What's God wisdom and logic in that?

That is what the scripture says Romans 13:1-7.  If you don't understand it, can't comprehend it, or disagree with it, take it up with God. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, umbertino said:

I see a lot of bitterness in your posts masked in sarcasm.  God didn't intend for us to go through life that way.

End Quote

Really? Christian?  I would think anyone who votes the Democratic Ticket would need to question their salvation for they have been sent a strong delusion to believe the things come from that party.

Plus some of the things that comes out of his mouth really makes me question his faith.

End Quote

Hello Mark.....If I may....Those 2 posts above of you addressing Shabbs do appear to me  somehow  contradictory.

And...WITH ALL THE DUE RESPECT.....Who (if any) gives you the Authority of deciding on / judging  one's Christianity? I'd bet an Iraqi Dinar you and Shabbs never met once personally , nor spent any hours together talking and / or exchanging opinions...So it's kinda tough saying what you said about him without even knowing him personally...JMVHO...

I wasn't judging anyone, I was expressing amazement that Shabbs was a Christian.  I don't expect you to understand my amazement, it is just the many times I witnessed how flippant  Shabs can be throwing around God's name and the things of God, without a care in the world.  Many times, I've sat here in shock with a lack of words because of the things he has posted here. 

Matthew 15:18 (NASB)

18 But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.

And stating what you did on anybody who votes on the Dem ticket?....There are many thousands of People on this site...Most do not post but surely read.....And most likelyy a few thousands (on a total of about 40,000) are or vote or have voted  Dem....I mean, seriously....

Yes anyone who votes for the Democratic Ticket.  I will repeat, have been sent a strong delusion or don't care about the things of God. Top of the list.

1.  You don't kill babies period.

2.  You don't say Evil is good and Good is Evil.  Their LBGTQ agenda

3.  They have kept the Black Community in bondage to the government intentionally, (I'll refer to #1 above as a means of population control.) 

Yes, seriously! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Hi Shabs :)

I always appreciate your honesty. I think both religion and politics have screwed up most folks, only a few have the courage

to admit to it. 

You know how some of these threads end...being locked because it gets personal, hateful, etc. It appears it is "ok" for some to hate as long as they underscore that with their religion, in the attempt to make their accusations or beliefs sound legitimate when they invoke their gods.

Some things never change, I think by now we should all be well aware that mixing politics with religion ruins most discussions because cognitive dissonance is difficult to overcome when peoples beliefs are challenged, and the only reaction is to attempt to target and discredit those that present challenges to those who are unable or afraid to question their own beliefs.

You think for yourself, that is becoming a lost virtue, don't allow anyone to sway you from that no matter how many veiled threats of their god hating you or torturing you if you dare not submit. it is all they have...and they are convinced it is 100% truth...so you are wasting your time trying to question that although everyone should.

Any time something is based upon fear and threats, run the other way, it is just more manipulation aimed at getting YOU to submit to others beliefs and fears. Just keep thinking for yourself...and let those who follow a entity they believe will treat its creation in the most sadistic ways if one does not "believe" do whatever makes them feel "righteous". Some have been taught in this manner since a child...rarely does that change.

Been going on like this for thousands of years my friend...and few dare question it because superstition appears to always win out over logical thought, unfortunately. 

You are a decent person who thinks for himself. That is worth many times more than any attempts from others to discredit your thoughts or beliefs because they do not line up with a majority. Most have forgot the universal rule of thumb...treat others as you desire to be treated.

Anything more than that just adds to human division and contempt...the very things that religion and politics are masters at.

Thank Jim...Always wise words from you...

Best

18 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

And once again Jim has lived up to a fulfillment of his screen name.......nice post.....    CL

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

You're right and I do agree, CL....But what you just described is a perfect human being....We're not perfect by our own nature...We can try to get better, sure...But we will never reach perfection...Of course we can try every day and get closer to it.....

• Like 1

I wasn't judging anyone, I was expressing amazement that Shabbs was a Christian.  I don't expect you to understand my amazement, it is just the many times I witnessed how flippant  Shabs can be throwing around God's name and the things of God, without a care in the world.  Many times, I've sat here in shock with a lack of words because of the things he has posted here. 

End Quote

Ok and thanks...But ...Please excuse me ....Since you happen to be a very intelligent Individual you certainly are aware of the fact that EVERYBODY of us has his / her own interpretation ( within certain limits, sure)  of God's word  because each of us happens to be different....We can read the exact same thing and have 2 diff. ways to look at it...That's just human nature ...And God does know it since HE has created us....

In the end.....I do respect your opinion ( of course) but I do not share it esp when you address Folks voting Dem....Sorry

You just can't see into the brains and souls of each one of them!

Edited by umbertino

WASHINGTON — The president’s decision to bulk up his legal team with former South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy amid a widening impeachment inquiry is drawing criticism from one of his high-profile supporters.

On Wednesday morning, the day after news leaked that Gowdy was set to serve as outside counsel to the president, Victoria Toensing, a veteran Washington lawyer who has been working with Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, expressed concern and disbelief that the onetime advocate for congressional oversight would be coming onboard.

Trey Gowdy Former Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina. (Photo: Joshua Roberts/Reuters)

“Trey Gowdy doesn’t know s***,” she said.

Toensing argued that Gowdy mishandled the select committee that investigated Democrat Hillarious Clinton’s handling of the 2012 terrorist attack on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya. She also took issue with comments Gowdy made last year in which he urged Trump to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into the Trump campaign’s role in Russian attempts to intervene in the 2016 presidential race.

“He screwed up the Benghazi hearings, and he came out with the advice to Trump, ‘Well, if you’ve done nothing wrong, just talk to Bob Mueller.’”

Toensing and her husband, Joe diGenova, work with Giuliani though they are not officially on Trump’s legal team. The pair, who are close with the president, are regulars on the conservative cable network Fox News. Last month, the channel reported they were “working off the books” with Giuliani to help get opposition research on former Vice President Joe Biden, who is currently mounting a White House bid.

In March of last year, it was announced that Toensing and DiGenova were set to formally join the team of lawyers working for the president on the Mueller probe. However, days later, Jay Sekulow, who works as Trump’s personal attorney along with Giuliani, said the pair could not come onboard due to conflicts. “Those conflicts do not prevent them from assisting the president in other legal matters,” Sekulow said.

After issuing her scathing critique of Gowdy, Toensing went on to suggest that other lawyers working for the president shared her opinion.

“He’s not on the team. Trey Gowdy is not on the team. Who told you Trey Gowdy? Not to my knowledge, not to Rudy’s knowledge, not Joe’s knowledge,” said Toensing, who had not heard of the move at the time of her interview with Yahoo News on Wednesday morning. “I have to check that with Rudy because that would be a joke, because we all don’t think much of him,” she said of Gowdy, adding, “Are you kidding? ... Trey is a joke among us.”

However, by Wednesday evening, Sekulow officially announced Gowdy’s appointment.

“I am pleased to announce that former Congressman Trey Gowdy is joining our team as counsel to the president,” Sekulow said. “I have known Trey for years and worked with him when he served in Congress. His legal skills and his advocacy will serve the president well. Trey’s command of the law is well known and his service on Capitol Hill will be a great asset as a member of our team.”

Neither Gowdy nor Sekulow responded to a request for comment about Toensing’s misgivings.

Hearing witness Victoria Toensing, left, and Joe diGenova Victoria Toensing and Joe diGenova listen to testimony of Valerie Plame at a 2007 House Oversight Committee hearing. (Photo: Washington Post/Getty Images)

Gowdy’s addition to the legal team comes as the president faces a widening impeachment inquiry focusing on a July phone call he had with Ukraine’s newly elected leader during which he asked the government in Kiev to investigate Biden’s son. Last month, following news of a whistleblower complaint about the call and evidence that Trump had withheld a $400 million aid package to Ukraine, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced an impeachment inquiry. That inquiry is being led by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff and two other committee chairs.

Giuliani, a former New York City mayor who plays a dual role of legal adviser and media surrogate for the president, defended Gowdy when asked about Toensing’s criticisms. Specifically, he suggested Gowdy’s experience on Capitol Hill would be an asset to Trump.

“My opinion would be he would be an excellent addition, filling a gap that is getting to be more and more important because, frankly, Schiff is off the rails,” Giuliani said.

Giuliani also discussed how Toensing and diGenova work with him and Sekulow.

“The president is being represented in his personal capacity — because he’s still an American citizen with all the rights of an American citizen — by Jay and me,” Giuliani told Yahoo News. “Joe and Vicky are not representing the president. They are … representing some people that have information that could be very valuable to us.”

Giuliani did not specify who those people were, however.

For her part, Toensing described the role she and diGenova play with regard to Trump and the president’s lawyers as unofficial.

“Joe and I are very informal, and we work with Rudy a lot, and we think the world of Jay,” Toensing said. “We do what we do.”

B/A

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, umbertino said:

End Quote

Ok and thanks...But ...Please excuse me ....Since you happen to be a very intelligent Individual you certainly are aware of the fact that EVERYBODY of us has his / her own interpretation ( within certain limits, sure)  of God's word  because each of us happens to be different....We can read the exact same thing and have 2 diff. ways to look at it...That's just human nature ...And God does know it since HE has created us....

While I agree that people have different interpretations of scripture, there is only one Truth.  For instance some people says there is no Hell, even though Jesus talks about it. I guess since Person X doesn't agree with that, for that person there is no Hell?  Just think about that for a minute.  If there is no Hell, no eternal punishment, then why did Jesus have to die on the cross?  Why did Jesus receive the punishment we all deserve for our sins, and yet in the afterlife Person X doesn't have to bend his Knee to Him that sits on the Throne?  It makes no logical sense.

In the end.....I do respect your opinion ( of course) but I do not share it esp when you address Folks voting Dem....Sorry

You just can't see into the brains and souls of each one of them!

You didn't address the top three?  How can you reconcile the Top 3 with Christian values?

No need to answer.  Let's get this thread back on Topic.

• Upvote 1

@umbertino, the Bible says we CAN judge fruit.  A truly born-again Christian with the Holy Spirit living in them will speak and act accordingly.  @coorslite21, we do have free will.  That means we can choose or not to be a child of God.  God will judge that at the Great White Throne judgment.  @bostonangler, the Apostle Paul said he was the chief sinner before salvation.  Can we not give Trump the same consideration?  He, like those of us who have had sincere conversions, is a new creature - old sins are passed away.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

@umbertino, the Bible says we CAN judge fruit.  A truly born-again Christian with the Holy Spirit living in them will speak and act accordingly.  @coorslite21, we do have free will.  That means we can choose or not to be a child of God.  God will judge that at the Great White Throne judgment.  @bostonangler, the Apostle Paul said he was the chief sinner before salvation.  Can we not give Trump the same consideration?  He, like those of us who have had sincere conversions, is a new creature - old sins are passed away.  

Are you saying Trump has had a sincere conversion and he still spouts the hatred he does, just last night in fact.....i.e. "Biden kissed Obama's ass"....seriously?  Is that what you're saying?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1