Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A former Trump Organization vice president thinks Trump will resign before getting impeached, just like Nixon did

• Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization vice president, told CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday that she thinks President Donald Trump would resign before the impeachment process is through.
  • Res argued that Trump has a track record of doing "things to save face."
  • Such a move would mirror that of President Richard Nixon, who resigned from office before his own impeachment following the Watergate scandal.
  • Res told CNN she sees Trump's latest political moves as made in a panic as his presidency faces increasing turmoil.
  • On Monday, Trump defended his decision to pull US forces out of Syria in a rambling Twitter thread. That was met with backlash from other Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has often stood by the president in the past.
  •  

A former Trump Organization executive said she thinks President Donald Trump would resign before the impeachment inquiry brought on by a whistleblower complaint is complete.

Such a move would mirror that of President Richard Nixon, who resigned from office before his own impeachment following the Watergate scandal.

Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization vice president, told CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday that Trump might resign, given his previous track record of doing "things to save face."

"There are some things that, you know, he can't control, and he's now at the point where he can't control this," Res told CNN. "He can't do anything about this."

Res said she thinks that for Trump, impeachment would be a worse fate than resigning from office, as it could erode his political reputation.

"It would be very, very, very bad for him to be impeached," Res said. "I don't know that he'd be found guilty, but I don't think he wants to be impeached."

Since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi launched an official impeachment inquiry into the president at the end of September, House committees have subpoenaed several Trump officials, and an additional whistleblower has spoken up about the Ukraine scandal.

Trump has denied that he withheld military aid to Ukraine to spur the country to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter. Speaking to reporters at the White House last week, Trump encouraged China to investigate the Bidens as well.

Res told CNN she saw Trump's latest political moves as made in a panic.

"My gut tells me he'll leave office, he'll resign," she said. "Or make some kind of a deal even, depending on what comes out."

On Monday, Trump defended his decision to pull US forces out of Syria in a rambling Twitter thread. That was met with backlash from other Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has often stood by the president in the past.

This isn't the first time the subject of a presidential resignation has been broached. A 2017 article by Quartz, published less than a month after Trump took office, said that the online betting site Ladbrokes put the odds that Trump would either be impeached or resign in his first term at 48%.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-trump-organization-vice-president-232155725.html

• Downvote 1

I don’t think so.  Trump is a fighter and he will expose as much of the corruption of our Politicians and Institutions as he can. I believe this is wishful thinking by the Left.  The campaign in 2020 will be about one thing.  “Get Trump”, and all the hysteria that will ensue.  

They may get him but there will be many Dems that will be exposed and maybe some Reps.  Hopefully after this Political war the Politicians will consider doing their job.  One way to ensure that would be to get rid of all of them and start over with term limits.  

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I don’t think so.  Trump is a fighter and he will expose as much of the corruption of our Politicians and Institutions as he can. I believe this is wishful thinking by the Left.  The campaign in 2020 will be about one thing.  “Get Trump”, and all the hysteria that will ensue.  

They may get him but there will be many Dems that will be exposed and maybe some Reps.  Hopefully after this Political war the Politicians will consider doing their job.  One way to ensure that would be to get rid of all of them and start over with term limits.  

Hard to say. She did work for him, although we have seen his hiring does seem a bit off.

B/A

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Sounds great.....Start at the top and work down....Trump first.

Sure if he is guilty.  I believe we are still a country where an accused gets to confront his accuser in a court of law. 

Maybe Biden should be worried, as well as Obama, HRC, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Mcabe, Strzok, Pelosi, and all the other Coup people.  

Stay tunned Shabs , maybe our country will get a better Government out of this deal.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I was referring to you, she clearly has an axe to grind. 

She has an axe to grind? Doesn't everyone who works with him? Let's not forget the people he hired are the ones blowing the whistle.

I didn't say he was a quitter... I just posted a news interview with someone who worked day to day with him. She might just have some insight to his physique. 

B/A

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Let's not forget the people he hired are the ones blowing the whistle.

I don’t think so. I think the question that needs to be answered about the “whistleblower “ is why was he listening in on the phone conversation. Sounds like he was spying to me. This will blow up in their face...it already has, they just don’t know it yet. President Trump is not gonna resign. This fight is just getting started. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

She has an axe to grind? Doesn't everyone who works with him? Let's not forget the people he hired are the ones blowing the whistle.

I didn't say he was a quitter... I just posted a news interview with someone who worked day to day with him. She might just have some insight to his physique. 

B/A

Sorta Like Omarosa and her getting fired for attempting to record Meeting when that was a no No and later coming out with a Complete new line as to the way she was treated......

This comes to mind for all these so called Whistle blowers that have an Axe to Grind after getting canned.

Karsten

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Sure if he is guilty.  I believe we are still a country where an accused gets to confront his accuser in a court of law. 

Maybe Biden should be worried, as well as Obama, HRC, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Mcabe, Strzok, Pelosi, and all the other Coup people.  

Stay tunned Shabs , maybe our country will get a better Government out of this deal.  

All Democrats you listed....seems your cries for equal justice for ALL may be waning.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV 

Not at all.  Every one of those Democrats are being investigated by the IG. If they the IG decides to take their case to the grand jury expect indictments and then a trial.  If found guilty they will all face the consequences.  If there is no indictment then the IG has decided he doesn’t have a case.  That’s how the law works.  If the people mentioned are not indicted then I’ll let it go unlike many Liberals and their hate for Trump.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Not at all.  Every one of those Democrats are being investigated by the IG. If they the IG decides to take their case to the grand jury expect indictments and then a trial.  If found guilty they will all face the consequences.  If there is no indictment then the IG has decided he doesn’t have a case.  That’s how the law works.  If the people mentioned are not indicted then I’ll let it go unlike many Liberals and their hate for Trump.  

There may be a lot of hate for Trump coming from the Left.....it still doesn't mean crimes have not been committed by him and those surrounding him.  Time, inquiries, hearings and potential verdicts will tell the tale.  Let the system play out, obstruction free....and Yes, for those on the Left found to have committed wrong doing as well.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

There may be a lot of hate for Trump coming from the Left.....it still doesn't mean crimes have not been committed by him and those surrounding him.  Time, inquiries, hearings and potential verdicts will tell the tale.  Let the system play out, obstruction free....and Yes, for those on the Left found to have committed wrong doing as well.  :peace:

Agree, and same goes for HRC and her Coup people.  Shabbs our entire government is corrupt and taking bribes or quid pro quo.  Why do you think both Dems and Rep are trying to take down Trump by any means available.  The fix is in.  When have you ever seen the National Media and both Political Parties so vehemently try to oust a President on such flimsy evidence.  They have their man, they are searching for a crime.  That’s NOT how our Rule of Law is supposed to opperate.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

That starts with a floor vote 

And then what....Trump withdraws his obstruction of congress, follows the law and allows all the birds to sing?  :rolleyes:  Besides, no vote is necessary until the facts are all in and all of the voices have been heard.  Do you really think McConnell, if it makes it to the senate, is going to give it the time it deserves or simply the time HE thinks it deserves?  Come on man, this country is broken.

GO RV, then BV

1 minute ago, Pitcher said:

Agree, and same goes for HRC and her Coup people.  Shabbs our entire government is corrupt and taking bribes or quid pro quo.  Why do you think both Dems and Rep are trying to take down Trump by any means available.  The fix is in.  When have you ever seen the National Media and both Political Parties so vehemently try to oust a President on such flimsy evidence.  They have their man, they are searching for a crime.  That’s NOT how our Rule of Law is supposed to opperate.  

I agree with most of what you say....but with Trump's personal history placed on public record for his own egotistical purposes, for anybody to believe a career con man like him is on the up and up is completely beyond me.  Sorry, I'm simply not buying that he somehow had a come to Jesus moment and has changed his ways......His daily tweet storms say otherwise.  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

believe a career con man like him is on the up and up is completely beyond me. 

That is fair but that’s your view.  I had the same opinion on Barry after the ACA.  Opinions and dislike are not grounds for Impeachment.  According to our election laws Trump won.  The Left was talking Impeachment 2 days after his inauguration.  Why, because they had their RC story ready to go, along with the National Media to inflame the poor snowflakes.  Sometimes your candidate loses.  Get over it.  Many on the Left, HRC, couldn’t and claims he is an illegitimate President.  

• Thanks 3