Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LET'S GET THIS SEASON STARTED

MyLadiesDaddy

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Santa,

Sorry but I'd have A LOT to ask you for......

I'd like for everybody on Earth ( esp. the less fortunate..In the best Jesus Christ tradition) to receive:

World Peace, Health, Justice, Equality, Prosperity, inner Serenity  and /or a more enlightened re-distribution of the Entire World Wealth, more enlightened world leaders ANYWHERE, less ( or even better: zero) hate, much more love etc etc etc

To all Peoples on the planet and to all Religions

Heart-felt Thanks in advance, dear Santa

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, umbertino said:

B/A...May I ask  if you have kids? Just curious

Thanks in advance

Like many people who have rescue animals, I have a rescue teen. My wife was her big sister in a program for underprivileged kids and one day the kid's mom left her at a crack house with a bunch of guys... She was 14.

So we got custody of her and have been trying to right her ship and keep her out of that toxic environment. So far so good.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Like many people who have rescue animals, I have a rescue teen. My wife was her big sister in a program for underprivileged kids and one day the kid's mom left her at a crack house with a bunch of guys... She was 14.

So we got custody of her and have been trying to right her ship and keep her out of that toxic environment. So far so good.

B/A

There aren't many that are willing to adopt even small children or babies.  I can't  imagine taking a teen that apparently has been brought up experiencing  all the bad sides of life without any moral values along with that attitude that puberty brings and has brought to each and every one of us.  I commend you.  There must be something pretty special about you and your wife because I just don't  think I could or would be so willing to deal with a already teen and troubled. child.  You have a large tender heart and all I can say is thank you and I pray that God blesses your family.

btw.....I now know you are a he.....always thought you were a she or do you and your wife both post on dv to keep us confused?  HA!

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, learning all i can said:

There aren't many that are willing to adopt even small children or babies.  I can't  imagine taking a teen that apparently has been brought up experiencing  all the bad sides of life without any moral values along with that attitude that puberty brings and has brought to each and every one of us.  I commend you.  There must be something pretty special about you and your wife because I just don't  think I could or would be so willing to deal with a already teen and troubled. child.  You have a large tender heart and all I can say is thank you and I pray that God blesses your family.

btw.....I now know you are a he.....always thought you were a she or do you and your wife both post on dv to keep us confused?  HA!

Thank you for your kind words and yes, taking in a teen at 14 who grew up with zero fundamental values has been tough. We've had her for over four years and it hasn't always been easy. I think we have had many really good days, and I like to think that some of what we had shown her will get through. We had two main goals. The first, is based on the fact that no one in her family ever, graduated high school. She will be the first come this spring. The second even more important, is pregnancy. Her mom and sisters have all had kids by the time they reached 16. She has not. That goal was the most important one to us. To end the cycle...

And no, my wife doesn't post on DV. I don't know why some people here thought I was a female, maybe it is because I tend to show compassion.

B/A

• Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BA, you had my respect before, but now it is off the charts. I know that girl is in good hands just by the compassion and intelligence you show here. Agree with you sometimes, disagree others, but always appreciate you speaking out with a different point of view. Makes people consider other solutions or options. If she can learn and retain that quality she will go a long way in this world. Teaching her critical thinking is one of the most important gifts you can give her in this world today. :salute::salute:

Edited by md11fr8dawg
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

BA, you had my respect before, but now it is off the charts. I know that girl is in good hands just by the compassion and intelligence you show here. Agree with you sometimes, disagree others, but always appreciate you speaking out with a different point of view. Makes people consider other solutions or options. If she can learn and retain that quality she will go a long way in this world. Teaching her critical thinking is one of the most important gifts you can give her in this world today. :salute::salute:

Thanks MD.... It has been both a test of patience and very rewarding... I'm not sure I would recommend it!!! LOL

B/A

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

Thanks....That's beautiful......

Best

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, bostonangler said:

Thank you for your kind words and yes, taking in a teen at 14 who grew up with zero fundamental values has been tough. We've had her for over four years and it hasn't always been easy. I think we have had many really good days, and I like to think that some of what we had shown her will get through. We had two main goals. The first, is based on the fact that no one in her family ever, graduated high school. She will be the first come this spring. The second even more important, is pregnancy. Her mom and sisters have all had kids by the time they reached 16. She has not. That goal was the most important one to us. To end the cycle...

And no, my wife doesn't post on DV. I don't know why some people here thought I was a female, maybe it is because I tend to show compassion.

B/A

Wow

god bless you and yours

bit of humour if haven’t seen

called instant family on Netflix 

yes I know not real life

but it is based on adopting a teen girl

just a light movie

Cheers and good for you 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, davis411 said:

Wow

god bless you and yours

bit of humour if haven’t seen

called instant family on Netflix 

yes I know not real life

but it is based on adopting a teen girl

just a light movie

Cheers and good for you 

Thanks Davis, that sounds like something we would enjoy... We'll check it out for sure.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1