Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 09/30/2019

yota691

17 hours ago, Theseus said:

I am researching and thinking about raising Bison. Start with a small herd and grow from there. We have a Bison farm near here. AOC blows more methane out of her mouth than a herd of cattle any day of the week.

Bison, those are a little more cantankerous critters, than I want to mess with!  I don’t know what kind of fencing you will need if you have a bull around, sure it will be costly, to say the least! But if we get an RV that will be water under the bridge! I can’t stand that AOCrazy! Let her try and take my cows, it won’t be pretty for these subversive despicable miserable DemoRats! I just love cattle mine are just a big bunch of babies! There just remarkable animals! Good luck with your Bison! Maybe after this RV I can put an eyeball on your ranch! JMHO!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Artitech said:

Let her try and take my cows, it won’t be pretty for these subversive despicable miserable DemoRats! I just love cattle mine are just a big bunch of babies! There just remarkable animals!

Me too Artitech, I was raised on a farm and cows are amazing. They have their own personalities and are trainable in some areas.

Regarding AOC, every time I hear her diatribe about cattle being the problem with global warming, I wonder how she explains all those huge dinosaurs a few thousand years ago expelling their methane and an ice age followed instead of the earth burning up. (If I recall my biology lessons correctly 🙄)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

17369.jpg

Banks

Economy News _ Baghdad

The Central Bank, on Monday, directed banks to provide their services via mobile.

The Central Bank said in a statement received "Economy News" a copy of it, that "in the light of the strategy of the Central Bank of Iraq to achieve financial inclusion, and improve digital banking services, and modern technologies, to ensure easy access to those services provided to different segments of society, and this bank directed all licensed banks to provide a service "Mobile Banking application, which ensures the facilitation of banking services to beneficiaries, and ensure the availability of protection and confidentiality systems for them."

"It will be implemented within a specified period of time from the date of issuance of instructions from this bank," he said.

Number of Views 248   Added on 30/09/2019

• Upvote 3

There is a movement to get so many Bison back in America. And yes Bison are not domesticated like cows, so they have to be handled less. The fence is costly as it needs to be much stronger than that of a normal cattle fence. It also needs to be higher as well as a full grown Bison can jump over a normal cattle fence from a standstill stance. Bison are also much more agile and faster than cattle. This fools a lot of people because they see the Bison as slow cumbersome animals. Not so. Bison are better to raise than cattle because they take less infrastructure to raise and some say you can raise more Bison on the same acre of land as cattle. Bison don't really need to be housed in a shelter, they birth their calves on their own (sometimes intervention is needed but not as much as cattle). Bison are like the set em and forget them of the ranching world. As long as they have room to move and graze, they are fine to be left alone until harvest time. More people prefer buffalo meat and more products can be made from their hide at a much higher profit than cow hide. If you have never had buffalo jerky, its much healthier and tastes better than beef anyday of the week. Bison still need to be wormed and get health checkups. The fence and the catchment system cost more up front. But if you start your herd small and let it grow for about 5 to 10 years before harvesting, you can recoup the upfront money in a much shorter period of time than you could with cattle. The starter herd is not cheap either. A starter herd can put you back six figures plus. It's a matter of the gene mix you are shooting for. Since their almost extinction through hunting by the early settlers, there is a mix of cow genes in with the bison genes. Yellowstone National Park is said to have the most true Bison herd. The smaller percentage of cow gene the more the cost of the bull. Bison live longer than cows if not culled. There are two types of Bison, there is a woody bison and plains Bison and you can tell by the shape and length of their beards. Which state I move to and the terrain of the land I buy will determine the breed type. I have been looking at living somewhere along the Great American Buffalo Belt (this extends into Canada and down to Mexico, as far east as West Virginia and Tennessee, and as far west as Saskatchewan). There is several Bison farms in Indiana and Ohio. Most people don't think they lived there. Bison are roamers and grazers. As long as they have food in front of them they will move towards water. So all you need to do is keep water and pastures well stocked and your bison are happy. They are independent creatures but will bolt to be with other animals if they are alone. 

Some of the youtube video of people and cars at Yellowstone when the herd of Bison are walking by can be downright funny. For example, the video in which a guy rented a car, had no rental insurance and the car was rammed by an adult male bison. Its like the car was doing 40 mph and a brick wall magically appeared in front of them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow you have done your homework on the bison . I certainly only knew a very little of piece here. I like bison as I have tried it, there is. Place here In Ft Worth that serves bison. I don’t know what it is, I just like beef better. I think the difference in the meat is the animals diet. If I had to eat bison all the time I could do it alright. Beef is just preference for me, we are big meat eaters. The one thing for sure is I love & respect both animals! JMHO 🤠

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Artitech said:

Wow you have done your homework on the bison . I certainly only knew a very little of piece here. I like bison as I have tried it, there is. Place here In Ft Worth that serves bison. I don’t know what it is, I just like beef better. I think the difference in the meat is the animals diet. If I had to eat bison all the time I could do it alright. Beef is just preference for me, we are big meat eaters. The one thing for sure is I love & respect both animals! JMHO 🤠

Aritech, I’m in Arlington, maybe we can meet up one day and compare notes on this crazy investment if you like..

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, Artitech said:

Grass fed cattle eat different grasses than bison do. Good to respect Bison because Bison would be more apt to kill you even though you feed them. Depending on how cows are "socialized" a cow may or may not kill you. Bison are majestic creatures and were once put up to be the nation's animal in lieu of the Bald Eagle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 10/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, Carrello said:

AOC certainly has the capability of cutting an a** hole out of the herd, doesn't she?

You know what they say about a**holes, don't you?

If it weren't for the a**holes, then the little sh*ts wouldn't be around.

Edited by Theseus
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, Theseus said:

There is a movement to get so many Bison back in America. And yes Bison are not domesticated like cows, so they have to be handled less. The fence is costly as it needs to be much stronger than that of a normal cattle fence. It also needs to be higher as well as a full grown Bison can jump over a normal cattle fence from a standstill stance. Bison are also much more agile and faster than cattle. This fools a lot of people because they see the Bison as slow cumbersome animals. Not so. Bison are better to raise than cattle because they take less infrastructure to raise and some say you can raise more Bison on the same acre of land as cattle. Bison don't really need to be housed in a shelter, they birth their calves on their own (sometimes intervention is needed but not as much as cattle). Bison are like the set em and forget them of the ranching world. As long as they have room to move and graze, they are fine to be left alone until harvest time. More people prefer buffalo meat and more products can be made from their hide at a much higher profit than cow hide. If you have never had buffalo jerky, its much healthier and tastes better than beef anyday of the week. Bison still need to be wormed and get health checkups. The fence and the catchment system cost more up front. But if you start your herd small and let it grow for about 5 to 10 years before harvesting, you can recoup the upfront money in a much shorter period of time than you could with cattle. The starter herd is not cheap either. A starter herd can put you back six figures plus. It's a matter of the gene mix you are shooting for. Since their almost extinction through hunting by the early settlers, there is a mix of cow genes in with the bison genes. Yellowstone National Park is said to have the most true Bison herd. The smaller percentage of cow gene the more the cost of the bull. Bison live longer than cows if not culled. There are two types of Bison, there is a woody bison and plains Bison and you can tell by the shape and length of their beards. Which state I move to and the terrain of the land I buy will determine the breed type. I have been looking at living somewhere along the Great American Buffalo Belt (this extends into Canada and down to Mexico, as far east as West Virginia and Tennessee, and as far west as Saskatchewan). There is several Bison farms in Indiana and Ohio. Most people don't think they lived there. Bison are roamers and grazers. As long as they have food in front of them they will move towards water. So all you need to do is keep water and pastures well stocked and your bison are happy. They are independent creatures but will bolt to be with other animals if they are alone. 

Some of the youtube video of people and cars at Yellowstone when the herd of Bison are walking by can be downright funny. For example, the video in which a guy rented a car, had no rental insurance and the car was rammed by an adult male bison. Its like the car was doing 40 mph and a brick wall magically appeared in front of them.  

I know a family that has a herd of Bison.....they also own several Grocery stores......

The meat is some of the best.....that and Ostrich....and Elk.....

If I recall it takes about 5 acres a head.......they are extremely social.......and some years ago they believed a start up herd of 10-12 would cost around $250,000......and some time after that for an ROI....

You might consider taking a look at Hemp.......legal in all 50 States because of the Farm Bill of 2018.......more profit.....fewer headaches....

JMO.....     CL