Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 25 September 2019

Adam Montana

2 hours ago, murd11 said:

And you know this how? It has never been said they are trading oil for restructuring. You all are just assuming this.

I think Thuggie posted an article saying that there is an agreement of oil  for reconstruction. Check out his postings for the day.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, cranman said:

I think Thuggie posted an article saying that there is an agreement of oil  for reconstruction. Check out his postings for the day.

I think they said they were thinking of doing oil for reconstruction according to article by yoda. some of it might, who knows. Even U.S politicians say **** that they know full well won't happen.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, murd11 said:

And you know this how? It has never been said they are trading oil for restructuring. You all are just assuming this.

No, not assuming anything.. it was in the articles.. one would assume Iraq would have to pay them in actual money, not oil.. Thus why it was unusual..

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MEP01 said:

Thanks, Adam.

Question: is that 500 Billion dollars, or 500 billion Yuan? 

I know that the dollar is the world's reserve currency. But, want to make sure something did not get lost in the translation. 

I feel that, at some point, maybe soon, that the buck may loose it's status as THE reserve currency of the world... and be in a basket of fairly equal currencies. 

Thanks.

Regards to all...

Mep01, 

In regards to China’s economic power and the strength of the yuan we really need to compare apples to apples. Currently the GDP to debt ratio for the USA is 106%, China is at 300%. 

USA

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

CHINA

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3018991/chinas-total-debt-rises-over-300-cent-gdp-beijing-loosens

That being said, China cannot sustain this level of spending. The  ongoing trade war with the USA is eroding their GDP as well. China’s romancing of third world country’s  is more about propping up their economy than spreading ideology. In Iraq’s case the oil is just the tip of the iceberg. Post RV we can only assume that consumer spending, private and governmental, will greatly increase, and multiple nations want a piece of that market.  

A generation ago the world witnessed the collapse of the USSR. Reagan implemented a policy of strengthening our military forcing the USSR into keeping pace with us. The USA outspent the USSR and bankrupted them in the process. Subsequently we saw support of Soviet satellite countries lose their subsidies from mother Russia. Will we see the same happen to China? I know this explanation may be taken as sophomoric by some of the folks out here. There was a lot more going on that contributed to the Soviet collapse. 

So so in the end you have to ask yourself. Given the aforementioned debt to GDP ratio’s who has the stronger currency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4

On 9/25/2019 at 7:49 PM, murd11 said:

Please read the following article (to make it easier I refer you specifically to the fourth paragraph where Al-Hunain is quoted). You are right they are bartering oil as a gold ingot for infrastructure. Wait isn't bartering a form of trade?

Oopsie.

Someone spoke without reading "the rest of the story".

On 9/25/2019 at 4:09 PM, DinarThug said:

Advisor to Prime Minister: The essence of China's visit includes building a financial agreement to finance infrastructure projects

thumbnail.php?file=_____________________

By ahad5 25/09/2019 06:01 PM 

Ahd News - Baghdad

Adel Abdul Mahdi and his accompanying delegation to China announced the signing of a financial framework agreement with a ceiling of $ 10 billion for special projects on roads, sewage, railways, ports and industrial cities..

Al-Hunain said, “The essence of the China visit conducted by the Iraqi delegation headed by Abdul-Mahdi included the construction of a financial framework agreement to finance projects on infrastructure of roads, sanitation, water and electricity, construction of schools, hospitals, railways, ports and the construction of industrial cities.”.

He explained that "the framework agreement was between the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Iraq on the one hand and the Foundation for Export support system' target='_blank' style=">support system" rel="">support and Credit of China on the other hand a financial ceiling of $ 10 billion”.

He added that "the agreement is by credit and not a loan through the use of Iraqi oil as a gold ingot to ensure the completion of projects by the Chinese side," pointing out that "the agreement included the completion of projects with special follow-up by the Iraqi Prime Minister and Chinese Nadira."

link

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Please read the following article (to make it easier I refer you specifically to the fourth paragraph where Al-Hunain is quoted). You are right they are bartering oil as a gold ingot for infrastructure. Wait isn't bartering a form of trade?

Oopsie.

Someone spoke without reading "the rest of the story".

On 9/25/2019 at 4:09 PM, DinarThug said:

Advisor to Prime Minister: The essence of China's visit includes building a financial agreement to finance infrastructure projects

thumbnail.php?file=_____________________

By ahad5 25/09/2019 06:01 PM 

Ahd News - Baghdad

Adel Abdul Mahdi and his accompanying delegation to China announced the signing of a financial framework agreement with a ceiling of $ 10 billion for special projects on roads, sewage, railways, ports and industrial cities..

Al-Hunain said, “The essence of the China visit conducted by the Iraqi delegation headed by Abdul-Mahdi included the construction of a financial framework agreement to finance projects on infrastructure of roads, sanitation, water and electricity, construction of schools, hospitals, railways, ports and the construction of industrial cities.”.

He explained that "the framework agreement was between the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Iraq on the one hand and the Foundation for Export support system' target='_blank' style=">support system" rel="">support and Credit of China on the other hand a financial ceiling of $ 10 billion”.

He added that "the agreement is by credit and not a loan through the use of Iraqi oil as a gold ingot to ensure the completion of projects by the Chinese side," pointing out that "the agreement included the completion of projects with special follow-up by the Iraqi Prime Minister and Chinese Nadira."

link

You can read this both ways. "Not a loan through the sale of Iraqi oil" You  read it through rose colored glasses and I will read it as puffy smoke screened news

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:22 AM, murd11 said:

You can read this both ways. "Not a loan through the sale of Iraqi oil" You  read it through rose colored glasses and I will read it as puffy smoke screened news

Read it however you want. (Although I prefer the glasses that stops the blue light from my monitor). In a nutshell Iraq is trading Iraqi oil for Iraqi infrastructure to be built. But that wasn't the point you made. You stated they never said it in the first place to which you were countered with "Oh yes they did!" and given the evidence to backup the counter.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Read it however you want. (Although I prefer the glasses that stops the blue light from my monitor). In a nutshell Iraq is trading Iraqi oil for Iraqi infrastructure to be built. But that wasn't the point you made. You stated they never said it in the first place to which you were countered with "Oh yes they did!" and given the evidence to backup the counter.

'Not a loan using Iraqi oil'. Said it right in article that you pointed out. Can't get any clearer than that. You see if I can spin it the way I'm saying, then so can the Iraqis. I want this as much as anyone. What I hate is they can throw out any "facts" and people who really know nothing get all bubbly and start spouting that its over or just around the corner. According to this Iraqi fella I know over there that am in touch with quite often says we are way off, if it happens at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, murd11 said:

'Not a loan using Iraqi oil'. Said it right in article that you pointed out. Can't get any clearer than that. You see if I can spin it the way I'm saying, then so can the Iraqis. I want this as much as anyone. What I hate is they can throw out any "facts" and people who really know nothing get all bubbly and start spouting that its over or just around the corner. According to this Iraqi fella I know over there that am in touch with quite often says we are way off, if it happens at all.

If Adam calls out that I am way out of line, then I will quit the site with no hard feelings

• Upvote 2